• Published 4th Feb 2013
  • 499 Views, 2 Comments

The Time Derps: Created - Capricorn



There's something you probably don't know about Derpy, something that changed everything.

  • ...
 2
 499

Prologue: A Dark And Derpy Secret

Once in everyponies’ life, one got a cutie mark. A cutie mark was an image that magically appeared on a ponies flank when they found their special talent. The image represented what your special talent was with what it involved. It is a great achievement when one gets their cutie mark, but it is never easy. Many ponies took there time to find their true selves. All but three ponies who tried day after day to see what they were good at. They called themselves the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Little did they know there was a time when nopony ever got a cutie mark. You probably want to know more about that, but that part will have to come later on.

As I said before, the Cutie Mark Crusaders did whatever it took to get their cutie marks’. No matter how long it took or what the consequences were. Today, as they made their way through Ponyville, they tried and failed to get them as they did many times before.

“I guess are special talent isn’t gold mining, huh?” Apple Bloom asked the other crusaders.

“I guess not.” Scootaloo replied, looking at her flank that still had no cutie mark.

“What should we try next?” Sweetie Belle questioned as she set down her pickaxe.

They had just spent the day mining rocks in Ponyville’s mineshaft. As they mined away at the rocks of the cave, they were unsuccessful in finding gold or their cutie marks’.

“Well, I don’t know about you, but I’m plum out of ideas.” Apple Bloom admitted, taking off her hard hat. “I think we’d better call it a day.”

“We can’t just stop now.” Scootaloo disagreed. “We still haven’t found are cutie marks’.”

“You guys don’t have to work so hard to earn your cutie mark.” Pinkie Pie said, hopping, toward the three fillies. Pinkie Pie always loved to make ponies happy, and today she planned to make the crusaders happy by giving them a little advice. “A cutie mark will always come to somepony eventually.” she told them.

“How do you know?” asked Sweetie Belle doubtingly.

“Well look around you.” Pinkie Pie continued, pointing her hoof at various ponies. “Lily didn’t know she was a good florist but she still got her cutie mark. Lyra didn’t know she was a good harpist but she still got her cutie mark.” Pinkie then pointed to the pony sitting across from Lyra.

“Derpy didn’t know…” Pinkie Pie stopped. She didn’t know what Derpy’s cutie mark meant. She had seen the bubbles on that pony's flank everyday without even why they were there. She never even asked her. She then began squinting at it, trying to figure out what it could mean.

“Uh, Pinkie Pie?” Scootaloo asked her as Apple Bloom waved her hoof in front of her face. Pinkie paid no attention to them. She didn’t plan to stop looking at it until she figured out what Derpy was good at.

After fifteen minutes Pinkie Pie was still peering at Derpy’s flank. At the table Derpy was sitting at, Lyra and Bon Bon began to get curious to what the pink pony was doing.

“What is Pinkie Pie doing?” Lyra finally asked.

“I wondered that to.” added Bon Bon. “She’s been looking at your rear this entire time, Derpy.”

Derpy turned around and noticed that Pinkie Pie was doing exactly as they. “Oh, I don’t mind.” Derpy said as she turned back to look at the two.

“Well make her stop.” Lyra said nervously. “She’s creeping me out.”

Derpy eventually took her friends concerns and stood up to talk to Pinkie Pie. “Excuse me Pinkie Pie, but could you mind telling what you want.” she said to the pink pony. Pinkie didn’t respond. Instead she looked around her to get a better look at the cutie mark.

“Pinkie Pie?” Derpy asked again.

Pinkie still didn’t respond.

“Pinkie Pie!” Derpy shouted as Pinky jumped up in fright.

Pinkie Pie shook her head. She had been so absorbed in finding out what Derpy’s cutie mark meant that she didn’t even notice that the Cutie Mark Crusaders had already left.

“Do you need something?” Derpy asked.

Finally, Pinkie Pie decided to ask what was on her mind. “Hey Derpy.” she asked with confusion. “What does your cutie mark mean? What’s your special talent.”

Derpy froze. Her eyes shrunk with fear. Nopony had ever asked her that question. She dreaded the day if somepony did ask that question. “W-w-what do you mean?” Derpy asked, trying to make sure she positively did ask that question.

“How did you get your cutie mark?” Pinkie Pie repeated.

“I uh, I-I can’t remember.” She lied hoping Pinkie would forget the question.

“Oh, don’t be silly.” Pinkie Pie giggled. “Now how’d you get your cutie mark?”

“I’ve wanted to know that too.” Twilight added from behind. “How did you get your get your cutie mark?”

“What’s going on?” Rainbow Dash asked, noticing the commotion from below.

“Derpy is going to tell us how she got her cutie mark.” Pinkie told the Pegasus as it landed.

Soon enough, a big crowd was started and everypony wanted to know. Derpy began to panic. The story of her cutie mark was very personal and she didn’t want to share her secret with anypony.

“I’m not telling any of you!” she screamed in anger. “So don’t ask!” With those words she flew over the crowd of ponies and soared out of sight.

“What was that all about?” Rainbow asked suspiciously.

“I don’t know, but it was weird.” Twilight said, looking at the skies where the grey Pegasus vanished. “Even Derpy wouldn't do that.”

This wasn't an ordinary secret. If anypony were to know the truth about Derpy, it would change the way they looked at her. Derpy was hiding something, something that should have stayed a secret.

Comments ( 2 )

Interesting premise. Looking forward to see where this ends up.

Login or register to comment