• Published 26th Jan 2013
  • 846 Views, 17 Comments

Rowan's Experiences with Equestrian Life - NLR Lightning Bolt



A human finds himself stuck in the middle of some confusing circumstances

  • ...
9
 17
 846

Chapter 4 - The Spell

Chapter 4 - The Spell

"Can you two stop fighting about who was the subject of the spell already!!!"

Celestia and Luna both looked back to Lightning and Fire Bloom as they both glared at the two with looks of frustration. Celestia casually glared back and replied, "If we do not find out who was affected by the spell we may never find its purpose" Luna nodded and said, "Good point dear sister."

Fire Bloom's eye began to twitch as she said as calmly as she could, "It would not matter who the person affected was if nopony was affected at all." The two sisters shared a glance of confusion as Lightning said, "I believe I can explain this Fire Bloom." She nodded and Lightning pushed the spell books he and Fire Bloom was looking at over to the sisters. "If you look at any and all of the spell books you can see that none of them have anything to do with transferring powers, but more with..." Lightning then glanced over to Fire Bloom for help.

She smiled and said, "Creating them?"

Lightning grinned at her and continued, "Yes, creating them. The spell as far as we can tell created something that Discord describes her as," he points to a specific scribble on the tomb Celestia had near her, "'...a sprout of chaos that will end my quest...' and as you know Discord's said 'quest' is to have chaos rule across Equestria." Luna and Celestia both looked surprized at the fact that while they were arguing they actually did something of importance.

"So if it created something, what was it?" Luna asked. Lightning was about to reply when they all heard Fire Bloom said, "A filly." The three ponies looked at her and motioned for her to continue. "Discord created a alicorn filly out of pieces of both Celestia and Luna to give it blood and wings. Then used a chip of a unicorn horn for obvious reasons and...apparently combined with a piece of stone from which he was imprisoned, it gave it an uncontrollable urge to cause chaos in large cities and to cause unnecessary confusion."

Luna and Celestia's eyes went wide with terror as Lightning started to pace back and forth while mumbling incoherently to himself. Luna glanced over at Lightning shortly before turning her gaze to Celestia. "Sister this is bad."

Celestia turned back to Luna and nodded, but before she could talk Lightning stopped pacing and looked at Luna. "Bad? Of course it's bad. Not only could there be a chaotic filly running around, but it could be anywhere since he threw it into a portal." Before he could continue Luna cut in.

"Lightning you are a good friend. You helped me with my speech problems and was my first friend from Canterlot after I was banished, but I know one thing for certain."

Lightning looked at her. "And what's that?"

Luna walked over to him and calmly said, "Discord. Can. Not. Create. Life."

Lightning laughed at that and replied, "Good thing too, because heaven help the pony that has to deal with that problem."

Luna laughed with him as Celestia got up and said, "Well since we have figured out what the spell did I guess we can go now."

Luna stopped laughing as she said seriously, "Why are you guessing Celestia. We can go or we can not. There is no guessing." Luna was about to pursue the subject when she felt a hoof on her shoulder as Lightning said calmly, "It's only an expression Luna."

Him and Luna left while engaged in a heated conversation discussing the necessity and stupidity of expressions, but before Fire Bloom could leave Celestia stopped and said, "I need your help with something." Fire Bloom looked at Celestia with a confused expression. "And what is that?"

"I need someone to keep an eye on the NLR."

Comments ( 2 )
Comment posted by NLR Lightning Bolt deleted Apr 19th, 2013

I have an editor so expect to see slight changes in the chapters I have posted so far.

Login or register to comment