• Published 19th Jan 2013
  • 262 Views, 0 Comments

Stitches - SapphireShield



It was simply a cold day in winter, with the birds chipring into the following snow while the ponies resided in there houses with blankets warming them, a fire roaring, and there family about, but...sadly, the winter will put them in stitches

  • ...
 0
 262

The Travel

Early that day, as Stitches made a trip to the Everfree forest, remembering the old, almost invisible path it took to get to his Master’s house. The wind howled and slammed against his body as he saw through the brush of a tree, the remains of his Master’s house. He seemed attracted to it as he saw the dust that gathered around the picket fence. He pushed open the gate that had a broken bottom hinge to see the door, completely removed and even busted down from the house. Inside, the remnants, or at least the unbroken remains lay on the floor. Everything was gathering dust…even the bed and the sheets that covered them had dust like it was last used a hundred years ago…which would’ve been accurate. He entered his room…where he slept or at least attempted to sleep and found it didn’t collect dust. It seemed used and clean. The bed was made, his window was closed, his pillow fluffed and his desk….had a note. He instantly was gravitating around the note as he held it in his fiery aura of magic. He skimmed it over, and it turned out to be braille. Obviously with his Master’s knowledge, he naturally remembered how to read it. He skimmed his hoof over the note.
It read:
“Dear ClusterStar, for your creation of Stitches and the cause of chaos throughout the land, you will be imprisoned, forever, in the Monarch glasses. I do not recommend running away, because for that the punishment may be more severe. The guards will come tomorrow. Please don’t resist.”
Stitches sown up jaw dropped as he was flooded with confidence that his Master was still alive. If these Monarch glasses exist, no doubt the princesses would have them. He suddenly had his mission in sight. He had to free ClusterStar. He walked out of the small, broken down house with a sense of hope that he can once protect his Master. He turned his head to the west where Canterlot laid in the distance with all of its pillars, spires, flags, and various flowers of every variety known to the princesses. He quickly started jumping tree to tree while thinking about what time it will be once he gets there, hopefully before the afternoon, when Twilight got the glasses at 2PM before Twilight got the glasses.
While he was zipping through the tree’s, leaving the mark of his body in the hole behind them, he began feeling a bit of happiness for once instead of his rage, angry, and disgust for the pony kind. He knows he is in the shape of one, but he wishes not to be called one.
Later that day after 2 hours of complete traveling and a couple rest stops to continue perceiving his plan for the future, he finally made it to Canterlot. While admiring the outskirts of it, he tried to walk through the main path to find it protected with a barrier. “I should’ve guessed He said as his eye brows arched. “I probably have to find a suit of armor to get through…maybe even disguise myself. He looked around him, trying to spy something that could get him. Suddenly, like a shot through the air, an engine roared its way towards him. The train, he thought. Possibly a way in, he thought again. He was up like a rocket, floating above it before gently lying flat down onto its hull as it wizzes past the shield, completing his first objective.
After the train came to a stop, he kept to the alleys of the city, making sure no one would spot him.
“With all these ponies, I’ll never find the glasses….” He whispered with frustration. He saw a stage coach that had the purple shield of the prince of the kingdom, Shining armor. “It’ll work.” He looked back and forth from the alley’s edge as he quickly ran sleekly down under the coach, attaching to it with the stitches upon his hoof, and getting a 1 way ride to the Canterlot castle’s halls.
After what seemed like a long, arduous ride to the castle. He found himself on the inside where they kept them all. The guards and shining armor himself stepped out from the coach with their heads raised high before trudging off someplace else.
Stitches took his chance, he darted for the closest exist, slipping through the cracks of the door and slowly shutting it so no one would notice. “Now…If I was a pair of glasses…where would I be…?” He looks around the large, main intersection of the hall way before hearing multiple hoof steps coming down one of the hallways.
He slinked across under the curtains and looked down from the edge with his rear up, seeing the guards shuffling towards the outskirts. The lead one, which was surprisingly Shining Armor, told the rest. “One of the citizens saw a doll riding the train in.” He said while the other guard added. “It must be stitches!”
“Exactly, Soldier” The shining armor said, as they turned a corner, disappearing ahead.
Stitches moved out of the curtain to the edge of the hallway to check if they were gone. He sighed with pleasure knowing they were.
He turned around to be face to face with a guard. His eyes widened before his hooves were placed to his mouth and the stitches and cloth of his skins surrounded it, shutting it for good while the others spread his stitches to the ground, planting him there like a statue.
“Please, if you will, tell me where they keep the monarch glasses.” He asked with ferocity.
The guard huffed a bit, trying to something, but getting muffled by the mouth patch.
Stitches walked to the front of him again where his hoof touched the patch, removing parts of it for him to speak.
“It’s…It’s gone!” He said with a loud voice, Stitches patched his mouth.
“I don’t believe you…” He removed the mouth piece again.
“Celestia sent it…to Twilight! Her apprentice! She saved Equestria a thousand times, and will save it a thousand more!” The guard said, attacking him directly.
Stitches patched his mouth over with cloth before it started spread to his entire body, turning him into a full sized doll with buttons and stitches.
“Well, looks this was for nothing, but it was worth seeing this place.” He laughed silently to himself before walking back to the stage coach area.
He held his hoof up while it seemed to glow red. “Well, I can’t leave here without a ruckus to distract them.” He ran his hoof across the stagecoaches, starting a fire on the line that crossed them while he made slowly for the exit.
The guards seemed to hear the burning and cackling of fires, returning to the area where they tried to find the hose to put them out.
While that happened, Stitches boarded the same train that got him there, with a 1 way ticket to Twilight Sparkle and her friends.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment