• Published 19th Jan 2013
  • 262 Views, 0 Comments

Stitches - SapphireShield



It was simply a cold day in winter, with the birds chipring into the following snow while the ponies resided in there houses with blankets warming them, a fire roaring, and there family about, but...sadly, the winter will put them in stitches

  • ...
 0
 262

The Chest

(Just a note to all, this is my first, ever, fan fic and I probably won't do more.)




It was in the middle of winter, and the snow dripped from the sky leaving their tiny ice crystals plastered over the ground while the others were stepped on were the creators left there hoof prints...but for the few who have to endure the cold, for they were the workmen, it has more hazardous than anything. They were constantly drilling in day and in out just to make it by, but most of it was normal for them...they were stocky, built up, roughed up by their worked, and eventually got used to it since it was a regular day to them, but what had done would destroy their establishment forever....
"Hey, Chief, I think I hit something!" One of them said, pulling the drill to the side and looking down at the metal brace like object that he had hit.
The chief of the project was just speaking to 3 of the other workmen before he came over to see what he was being called in for. He approached the worker to see the object buried in the old cement and dirt. "Hmm, looks like it's a chest....dig it up." He said as he pulled down his spectacles to wipe the dirt off and walked by the sidelines.
"Yes, Chief" The worker pony proceeded to dig around the large object, making the cement crack and the dirt fall out in clumps before it seemed big enough to see once they pulled the rebar off. They took a brush from one of the paints and dusted it off.
It was a big, medieval chest that had skulls on it and a sign said "Never to open". At first, the chief, smiled at it and laughed. "Probably some cook buried this up to guard his doll collection....He he...." He pinched the bridge of his muzzle before turning to the original founder and the worker beside him. "Bring it the antique store clerk; I think he might know what it is."
The workers nodded before trotting to each side of the chest pushing it over and trying to lift on their backs...it was surprisingly light, but jingled a bit as they walked to the antique store ran by Antique Unique. It wasn't a far trot away from the construction site, but it was definitely a bit lengthy.
They weaved in and out of alleys until they met with the small antique store that seemed to have been here since Pony Ville was created. The workers walked in, hoisting the chest into the door where the bell rang and Antique Unique greeted them. "Hello, boys...did you bring me something?" The old, bearded man said with a sing song tune.
"Yes, sir....we found this chest in our dig site and thought it might interest you." They dropped the chest below his hooves, letting him observe it.
At first, he didn't seem fazed by it, but he grew more interested as he saw the images carved along the sides. "Oh....a medieval trap chest...these were used to keep the most valuable and secret objects, but the trap about them is that the keyhole is actually hidden..." He turns it over to reveal a small keyhole. "...at the bottom." The workers didn't seem too impressed. "It's too bad however there isn't a key here....can you open it?" The left worked asked with a since of simplicity.
The clerk pushed his glasses up. "Of course, these locks were easily opened with a crowbar...I happen to keep one in the back for those robbers." He walks behind the counter, and pulls out a black crowbar that was never used. "This will do the trick..." He grips it in his mouth and pulls the flat end into the edges of the box before pulling down, surprisingly opening it with ease....