• Published 21st Jan 2013
  • 478 Views, 7 Comments

That Time the Apple Cousins Dug Up A Zomny - Ghostly Glow



Applebloom and Babs Seed accidentally dig up a Zomny

  • ...
 7
 478

Dead-Eye View

The zomny had slept for a long, long time.

Its slumber had been undisturbed for years. Nopony bothered it. Nopony remembered it. It didn't even remember itself. It simply slept and dreamt of better times.

Until it dimly felt something poke it in its belly.

Waking up was a bit slow at first. Its infected mind had been at rest for so long, it almost forgot how to function at any higher level.

The poke had roused its senses, and it processed an achy feeling in its stomach. Its instincts quickly classified this as hunger, and its thoughts immediately switched to food.

It shuffled slightly at first, trying to get a feel for moving. After establishing that it could move, albeit stiffly, it tried to open his eyes. They were sealed shut by dried mucus and dirt. It tried again, using all of its focus for straining its eyelids until finally, they shuddered open.

For a few moments, all it could make out was a bright light and some brown and pink smudges.Those smudges quickly cleared until it could see some sort of animal. In the five seconds that followed, it took notice of the round snout, the two pointy slabs that seemed to be ears, and two green orbs that seemed to pop out of the creature's skull. The pink fur on the top of its head and its brown coat struck a familiar chord with the zomny, though it didn't know what it was.

It made a shrill sound that caused the corpse to start forward in fear. The brown thing lept out of the hole that the zomny laid of the bottom of, and for a few moments, it saw another creature with a yellow coat and red hair.

It also made a nasty shrill noise and both of them moved away much quicker than the zomny thought possible. It watched them go. Then he made its first decision in many years: follow them. It didn't know why it wanted to follow them, it simply did.

Slowly, it sat up. It was pretty hard to move. Its mind finally started to move at a faster pace. His first realization: he was a male. His second: the creatures that ran from him were ponies. And he was also a pony.

He glanced at his surroundings and frowned. What was he doing in a hole? For that matter, what was up with the box? He looked down and prodded at it. The top was smashed to pieces. Did he do that? Or was that the other ponies’ fault?

He dismissed his ponderings. Before he did anything, he'd have to get out of this pit.

He stood up slowly. His limbs obeyed. He studied his legs for the first time, and his frown deeped. One of them seemed to be injured. It was all torn up and showed some sort of white rods through the red flesh. That wasn't good. He tried to move it. To his relief, its mobility still seemed intact. He turned his head and was surprised to see two flat things at his sides. One was fluffy and covered in an odd type of fur, but the other was nothing but white rods held together by strands of red. The fluffy one could be moved, but the roddy one merely twitched.

He looked up at the top of the pit and reached for it. It was too far to grasp. Perhaps if he moved the box upward? Yes, that might do it...

After about half an hour of struggle, he finally got the box to stand upright. He scrambled to the top of it and pushed itself upward.

As one would predict, the coffin crumbled beneath his hooves.

He laid there, momentarily stunned, before sitting up again. The box now thoroughly destroyed, he chose to wait until morning. Surely someone would let him out.

Right?

Comments ( 2 )

I'm not sure I know where this is going, but I like it.

Ooh, you had a good story going on here! You should totally continue this!

Login or register to comment