• Published 19th Jan 2013
  • 758 Views, 13 Comments

The Fickle Notions of Half a Man - Terolie



What happens when a brony who's very essence is of apathy and who's life philosophy consists of Existential Nihilism get's thrown into the world of his idle fancies?

  • ...
3
 13
 758

Acceptance

Acceptance

Ah, acceptance. The very definition of taking a situation that boggles the mind, that makes your perception of reality reveal itself as false, and force yourself to bend to it's will, or break under it's pressure.

Seriously though. What is acceptance? I mean, true acceptance. Is it the ability to understand that some things in life are simply what they are? Is it the power to let go of foolish dreams and, excuse the expression, grow the fuck up? Or is it to embrace ignorance? To say that, nope humans can't fly. We accept that. And because of that we neglect research and remain grounded?

I think acceptance is equivalent to quitting. You meet an obstacle you can't overcome, so you accept that fact and stop progressing. It is in my opinion the most foolish action one can take. If you accept that some things "just are" then you will never understand why. And that is not fucking ok. If we don't progress we will dwindle away and die. Having left nothing for future generations to benefit from us. Someone once asked me. Why do you care what the future generations get? You are going to be dead anyway, what's it to you? Truthfully? Sure that's true enough, but I've gotten to live a life of technological luxury because of those before me, why should I not strive to do so for those who come after me. Especially considering that I get to learn and progress by doing so. Ah, but I digress.

Sometimes. Just sometimes, even I’ve got to admit defeat. I have to embrace the fact that some things are so far beyond me both in my understanding of reality and technology that I can't hope to understand it in my lifetime, and hence forth should pursue other problems so that I can make the most difference in my life as possible. Sometimes I’ve just gotta accept that I’ve got no possible way to get answers. One of those things are magic. Seriously, how the fuck does that work? It's so wrong on so many levels that it makes me embrace the fact that I am woefully ignorant at so much.

So this is me, accepting the fact that I can't ever fucking understand why or how I got sent to this place. Let's just hope I survive this. If anything, it'll be an epic tale to tell the grandkids. Y'know, while my children put me in daycare for babbling away about magic ponies in my senile state.

~▲~

*bleep* ... Now that is curious, what was that?

*bleep* ... Once more, something is cutting through the darkness. My rest is over it seems, death has an end?

*bleep* ... *bleep* ... *bleep* Seriously. That was starting to get on my nerves. Hm, that's curious. Why did it annoy me so? Few things ever affect me enough to engage on my emotional spectrum.

*bleeeeeep* ... *bleep* ... *bleep* .. *bleep* . *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* Oh for the love of god why won't that infernal noise stop!?

"So how are you today Mr. Unknown creature? Feeli- what in name of Solaris himself? Has the heart monitor gone haywire?" A voice in the darkness pushes me from back to existence as I'm greeted by flashes of images and lights and I once more embrace consciousness.

*groan* Oh dear god, I'm stiff as all hell. I feel like shit too. Cracking my eyes open, light floods my world and my head spins in response. It's as if my senses can't keep up with the information it's receiving and gives me the backlash of a lifetime for trying to comprehend it.

"Oh dear me! It's waking up!" As I try to make sense of all my five or so senses, the distinct sound of hooves approach my bed and I seem to pick up on a 'click' noise. After which it becomes eerily quiet. As if the other person in the room was holding their breath. From some distance away I was able to hear crashing sounds and a collection of shouts coupled with the noise of wheels rapidly rolling over hard floor. Well, sense of listening seems to be A'OK. Moving on, sense of taste? Hm, the distinct taste of sleeping waaay to long. Guess that ones up and going too. Smell? Aah, now that's a hospital smell if I ever knew one. Sterile to a fault. Touch is up next, and that seems to work plenty fine if the feel of sheets is anything to go by, also feels like I'm lying in commando here.

*CRASH*

Youch! My poor ears, sounds like someone had a grudge against the poor entrance to this chamber. Let's see. Literally. Cracking open my eyes I see I'm lying in a hospital bed, also seems like I'm surrounded by tiny equines. Again. I'm at a loss here. Am I drugged out of my skull still? Or have I gotten myself such a crack in the skull that I permanently see other people as tiny, colorful horses? Being in Equestria seems to be the most agreeable answer but it's logically improbable to such a high degree that I just can't get behind that idea.

"Nurse! What is the meaning of the emergency call? It's vitals are registering fine!" One of the older looking ponies was staring down another pony harshly. It's probably pretty intimidating for others of it's kind. For me? It's actually sort of adorable.

"It's awake! Look at it!" The nurse was waving his hoof in my general direction. The doctor in question rolled her eyes before speaking up.

"The subject has been in a persistent vegetative state for an extended duration with no sign of changes in its condition. Which means nurse. That it's dead to the world, and a taxing of resources which by all rights should have been terminated long ago had it not been for the direct interjection of the Prince himself and his protegee. Why they persist in their belief that the subject is ever going to wake up is beyond me, and quite frankly beyond medicine as we know it!" The doctor punctuated her sentence by smacking down her hoof harshly. Poor nurse, he must be so distressed, guess I'll come to his rescue.

"And you presume to know more than your benevolent ruler himself? You dare think that your measly lifetime of study overcomes his millennia of experience and exceedingly superior intellect? The reason, my good doctor. That the prince had for believing in my awakening was the fact that he understood my species superior will to live and in our ability to spit death in the face. Or something along those lines." At this point the doctor, and company. Have, after having had the most impressive head snap in my direction, become more and more distressed. Why I can't really say, but I guess it has something to do with my knowledge of their prince.

"It can talk!? IT'S SENTIENT!?" Oh, um. Didn't really see that one coming. I thought the clothes would be a great tell. Guess not huh?

"That babbling zebra was telling the truth?" Ok, now that was just plain rude. He had a verbal tic, that doesn't mean he's babbling.

"Of course the zebra spoke the truth! What do ya think he does out in the everfree all the time? Eat mushrooms and talk to shadows? He's an intellectual gentlema- uhurm, gentlezebra and should be treated as such! As for his speech? It showcases his superior intellect as well as his feel for rhythm and flow. He is, as far as I can see. Supremely superior to your own self and you should swallow your pride and learn from the example he sets for others! God's know you need to learn some humility." I try to gesticulate with my right arm, only to realize it's been strapped to the bed. Oh geez. This is becoming predictable. Why tie down a comatose patient anyway? It's not like they believed that I would be running around causing mischief anyway. Testing the bonds I find myself strapped down tight. Heck, they even had a collar on my neck with a loose chain. Meaning I could move my head, but little else.

"Oh no! It's trying to get loose! Secure those bindings! Somebody get the local guard! Notify the prince! It's going to eat us all! Aaaah!" The plethora of ponies in the room suddenly break out in panic and starts running around in an organized panic. Y'know, that or they are all imitating headless chickens. It's actually quite entertaining to watch. The only one in the room that has a semblance of calm about them is the nurse who got yelled at. Sure, he's shaking like a leaf the poor dear, but he's not running around yelling his head off. He's actually coming towards my bed, huh. What's he got there? Oh fuck no! Needle! Shit, no! Get it away, get it the Fuck away from me! I ain't havin’ shit to do with that thing!

"No you fucking don't! Take that piece of shit away from me! Seriously! Fuck off! I'll slaughter you! You hear me!? I'll string you upside down and eat your intestines! Don't you fucking dare!" In between my infuriated shouts of murder, the nurse had gotten to the side of my bed and injected the needle in an IV that goes into my arm. I never realized I had an IV. Oh god! It's inside my arm! Get it out! Get it... Out... Of.......

~▲~

I dislike phobias. Seriously. It's the absolute worst way to lose control of oneself. In one moment you're in complete control of yourself and your emotions, the next you're thrashing around, having trouble breathing and swearing death and pain on anything that has to do with your phobia. Needless to say. I. Hate. Needles. Dunno why. Always have been that way, think it's got something to do with blood tests early in my life, I went through a whole lot of them. They never found out that my problems came from IBS. Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Or what I like to call, Internal BullShit. It's details are unnecessary to inform you about, but safe to say you can translate it to; your bowels hate you. And like to show that hate a lot.

I also have a slight phobia for heights. And worst of all, my claustrophobia. The fear of tight spaces, no escape. I pride myself in overcoming that particular one though. If I notice I'm in a claustrophobic situation, I force my mind into analyze mode. That way I distract myself enough to usually find a way out of the situation before my mind shuts down and splinters and blood starts flying. Believe me, you don't want to stand close to a person having a claustrophobic fit! Imagine this if you will. A child of 7 years, inside a computer room. The room has been through renovations, so the door handle is loose. Now imagine the kid rips the handle off the door by accident and the opening pin falls out on the other side. No way out. The parents starts hearing incredibly loud banging noises from said room, one floor above them. The parents run up to see what's going on, after all it sounds like someones trying to demolish the house. They find the door closed, with the opening pin on the floor. Upon opening the door, they find the child holding a two seater couch over his head and dropping it on the floor. This is a process the child has done multiple times, to signal it's parents of it's distress. Yeah, that child was me. The story had happened before my parents divorced early in my life. It was the worst claustrophobic fit I've had in my life. A sensation I wish to not repeat.

I've told you all this because I wish for you to understand why I threatened a poor nurse's life. Especially considering the fact that he was already scared of me, and only trying to do his job. I did not wish to inflict discomfort on him, but because of a phobia I did. Hopefully, this will not cause consequences for me later on. Oh who am I kidding? Course it is going to bite me in the ass.

~▲~

I feel a slight numbness as I awake once more to a world that is not my own. It's as if my entire body is so used to it's hibernation that it has problems functioning as it should.

*groan* Damn, it's like waking up to the worst hangover ever. Head spinning, stomach threatening to take shore leave and my entire body screams at me to fuck this and go back to sleep. No more though, I've been helpless for too long. Time to get my bearings and get control over my situation again.

"Somebody get the prince! It's waking up." A voice sounded out in the room. Seems like ‘Doctor Self Righteous’ babysat me while I was out. Wait a minute? The prince? Oh shit. Not good, I was hoping to avoid meeting the "last boss" if I could. This is not how this should have played out at all. Ok, deep breaths. Collect your mind.

Scenario? Tied to a hospital bed. With a demigod on the way to engage me. Complications? Tied to a bed as earlier mentioned. They know I'm sentient, they also know I know about both the Everfree forest and the prince and his longevity. Top that off with screaming death and torture threats to a staff member of the hospital that has taken care of me. Solutions? Flee? No, most likely a very bad option. Considering the difficulty of the task, the complications it will create and the improbability of getting far. Flying and teleporting horses ain't easy to shake off I imagine. Violence? Nope, will get me in an early grave. The prince being here made sure of that. Cheating powerhouse. Diplomacy? Only feasible solution except maybe deceit. Deceit however has too many complications if it fails. Can't take that chance. Best chance for self preservation then lies with my ability to talk my way out of shit. Crud. I usually talk my way into shit, not the other way around. This is going to be interesting.

I lie in bed watching the doctor as she paces back and forth looking at me all the while. From her flittering gaze and nervous mumblings I can only assume she's shit ass scared of me. Not good, not even a little bit. Instill fear in someone and you got violent reactions just around the corner. Especially considering my vulnerable position. Oh hey would you look at that, royal guards. Holy shit! There's tons of them. It's fascinating how well disciplined they are, they move in one by one and line up in a sort of horseshoe formation in the room, with a big gap right at the door. Right, so that's the royal position I take it. And wouldn't you know it, here's the prince himself in all his royal glory. He's pure white with a mane that looks like fire, if fire could exist as fog. whoa, that's actually all kinds of badass. The prince also has a beard that has been styled to perfection, giving him royal airs, but not making him look old. While the beard looks much more solid than the mane, I notice it's also made up of this "fog fire" that the mane is. My first reaction is simple, I gasp. He's huge! Now that I mention it, all these little ponies are actually taller than I gave them credit for. They probably reach my shoulder in height when they stand rigid like those guards do. And considering my height that's impressive.

The solar demigod looks down upon me with a perfectly bland expression, almost like he's bored. Heh, oh he's good all right. I smirk up at him, kinda my way of saying 'I know what you're up too'. His eyes widen a mere fraction and settle there as if that's the way they always were. Oh damn, he's good indeed.

"So you are finally awake? How are you feeling?" I know this prince as Celestia, the solar goddess. I wonder what his name is now? Celestim? Nah that's silly. I notice that while I'm musing he's carefully studying my face, patiently waiting for an answer. An answer to a question that totally flew over my mind in my observational state.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't quite catch that question, you see I am having some trouble keeping my calm at the moment, seeing as I am tied to a bed with an IV stuck to my arm and that's combining two of my worst fears in the world in one goody pack of badness that envelops my rationality and plunges me into the depths of despair so I must maintain a very strict control over what I think and why, because if I don't I'm going to become very unruly and then nothing productive will come out of this meeting and it'll most likely lead to a poor first impression, which" *gaaaaaasp!* I pull in a very panicky breath as the last shreds of my self control starts crumbling from my contracting muscles rubbing against my IV and bindings.

"Which means, that most likely my chances for self preservation are going down the more I find myself in this situation and please for the love of all that is good get that IV out of me and remove my bindings! I *gasp* Can't *gasp* Breathe! Please!" *gasp*

The prince had not changed his demeanor in the slightest during my rant, nor my evident crash into a full fledged panic attack. Why didn't he do anything? I had tried my best to explain why I did what I did earlier, and why it would be the most feasible for both of us if I was not bound. After all, he would get little information out of me if I was frothing about the mouth in a crazed state. No seriously why the fuck isn't he doing anything!? I'm freaking out over here? What the hell is wrong with him? Isn't he supposed to be the good guy?

"For Fuck's sake! *gasp* Let me out! *gasp* Please! *gasp* Why are you *gasp* hesitating? Is this some *gasp* sort of torture? *gasp* what's the *gasp* purpose of this? *gasp* damn you! *gasp* don't ignore my *gasp* pain! Rarg! *gasp* I'll rip free! *gasp* And when I do *gasp* you'll pay *gasp* for your *gasp* sadistic pleasure! *gasp*

The prince, seemingly unaffected by my threats and accusations motions to one of the guards. The female royal guard walks over to my bed and rips the IV out of my arm with a slight tug on it with her magic. Before she proceeds to open all my bindings at once. The instant I'm loose I fling myself out of bed and huddle up in the back corner of the room, breathing heavily. Must regain control. Steady. Steady damn you! There we go. Phew. Ok.

"Are you well?" The royal dickhead asks me without changing his expression, even slightly. Or maybe he did, I wouldn't really know. I'm not really in the presence of mind to tell at the moment.

"Oh yes, just peachy. I just had to endure two different phobias crashing into me at the same time while having a royal douche bag get off on my pain." I'm sitting with my head between my knees desperately trying to control my breathing at this point. Before he can answer me I speak up once more.

"I'm very sorry, that was terribly judgemental of me, I plead you understand where I'm coming from with this and take no offense of any harsh comments I might say. I'm not having the best wake up call." Getting myself under total control I get back up to my feet and lean against the wall. I once again stare at the prince. I'll be damned if I let him have all the advantages.

"Under the circumstances it is understandable. As I am sure you understand my need to make sure you are no threat?" He asks this pointedly, all the while reading my face for any tells I might have. I subtly raise my left eyebrow before answering his question.

"Of course! I would hold it against you if you didn't. Might I ask who I have the pleasure of talking to?" I indicate with my hand that it's his turn to talk. Hmm, curious. My body is completely fine? Must have healed me with magic while I was out. Well, not fully healed it seems. My left foot is acting really weird, hm it's not listening to my commands much at all. Seems that for all intents and purposes it's still fucked. I can barely use it to stand on, and I'm using a wall for support.

"I was lead to believe you already knew me?" His eyes narrow threateningly, as if promising retribution for any lies I might send his way. Well, deceit is definitely out of the question! However I'm not showing all my cards this early in the game.

"Of course I know the deity of the sun, one would have to be a fool not to. That does not mean I know your name nor 'you' as a perso-err pony. Hence why I ask. If I am to talk to you over an extended period of time, it would be very tedious to keep calling you the sun deity or something along those lines." I try for a warm smile his way. His reaction is not favorable. His eyes first widen a fraction at the 'deity' part, but narrows again when I go for the smile.

"You must truly be from a far off land if you think of me as a deity. I am no such thing. I am an alicorn, nothing more." He says this with a hint of humor tracing his voice. Hm, so they are not considered godly at all huh? Good to know.

"Ah yes I am from quite a distance away, my country has not had contact with pony kind in ages." I say this offhandedly to try to make light of it, as if it's common knowledge. Uh-oh. He's eyebrows has knitted down. Not good.

"Really now? I truly believed I had seen or met all creatures in the world at this point, I can however say with certainty that I've never met one of your kind before. And I know all countries in the world." He's giving me the death glare now. That’s not good, that’s not good at all. In fact, that’s very fucking bad.

“Ok! I can see I’ve made a truly poor first impression. For that I can only apologize. I will from this point on be entirely honest. However I must warn you that there are some questions I can not answer at this point in time. Some of the information I’ll be giving out is highly sensitive. As in, National Security sensitive.” I say this in such a way as to seem as professional as possible. Good thing I’ve seen a good deal of spy movies and TV shows. You kinda pick up on a good stereotype attitude for these kinds of situations. Hopefully, it will work as intended.

The prince scrutinized me with his eyes for a few moments in silence before commenting.

“So you admit that so far you have not been truthful and have in fact been withholding information vital to the safety to my kingdom? I advise you to be very careful with your next few choice words. If not I can not promise that your safety can be guaranteed. In fact, I can promise it will be highly threatened. Do I make myself clear?” He gave me a stare that I’m pretty sure is the kind of look he gives the sun each sunrise to establish his dominance over it. No seriously, when magic is a factor I’m pretty sure the phrase ‘looks can kill’ might just be literal in this world. And the look he gave me now could probably cause global warming and make mountains level themselves in apology for blocking the view. The Stare got nothing on this shit. Or at least the show's depiction of it. If The Stare was worse than this then it was no wonder that Fluttershy brought a dragon to submission.

“When you put it that way you make it sound as if I didn’t have a good reasoning behind my choice. I was withholding information for the specific purpose of ensuring the safety to your kingdom. I will explain everything. The question however is whether or not you deem this location to be a good spot for such information to the shared, and excuse me, for the people present to be trusted enough to hear it?” I look over at the doctor in the room and the curious nurses and interns looking in at the room from the hallway entrance. I return my gaze to the prince, trying my hardest to keep a diplomatic stillness to it while at the same time showing that I was not asking for a change of scenery. I was demanding it. It is critical that I make sure the prince starts to treat this as a diplomatic situation. Not as a first contact with an unknown beast. I must establish a sort of safety net for myself. This could go very bad very quickly if I did not.

“Delaying for time will not help you. I will however humor you, Guards! Escort the ‘patient’ to the castle. He shall be put in the interrogation chamber for questioning. Until then he shall not have any contact to anypony else than me or someone bearing my official decree. He is not to be fed nor accommodated in anyway. Consider him a class Manticore threat and treat him as such.” The prince strode out of the room and vanished around the corner. Well fuck. I’ve pissed off the one pony in this place that actually could ensure my safety. And in the show Celestia seemed like such a swell ruler. If you disbelieved the manipulative sociopath rumors that the Internet was casting her in. Maybe the testosterone was the defining factor? Hm, Equestria the military superpower. Now that’s a scary, and quite frankly adorable thought.

The guards milled around me and started to lead me out of my room and towards my inevitable doom. Well, that might be a bit melodramatic, but do you blame me? A pony powerful enough to fucking move the sun was pissed at me and going to question me. I wonder if class Manticore threat makes me the equivalent to an actual manticore in danger. If so, I’m flattered. I would probably not last long in a fight with a normal pony, much less a manticore. I’m going to chalk that up to them knowing so little about humans.

~▲~

Hours. That’s how long I’ve been sitting in this god forsaken room. It’s such a fucking stereotypical interrogation room that I would have found it hilarious. Had it not been for the fact that my continued survival was to be determined in this room, I would have enjoyed every second of this. Threat of death is a good mood dampener though.

The fact that the good prince hasn’t shown up for my questioning is both a good and bad sign. Good parts, he’s not considering me so worth his time that he’ll get things over with straight away. Meaning I’m not considered much of a threat. Bad? It means he does not believe that anything I know can be considered classified as National Security. Also, it means he’s at least as good at the mind games as I’ve been giving him credit for. Allowing my own paranoid mind to cook up what’s going to happen to me as I sit here in solitude. Presumably he’s on the other side of the one way mirror that decorates one of the walls of the room.

I’m chained to a table in the middle of the room. The table is bolted to the floor, and I’m seated on an oversized bench, that is in width not height. It’s height is so minimal that I’m almost better of sitting on the floor. I’m practically sitting on a pillow set on the ground. The entire room is gray and there’s only the bench and the table in it. The walls are bare and there’s only one exit.

The trip up here was uneventful at least. I was led out of the hospital and promptly put into a carriage and thrown in here. I was lead into the castle by a side entrance, probably the soldier entrance. Quite efficient actually, I was not seen by a single pony on the way to the castle. I also realized that the hospital I had been stationed in was in Canterlot. Not Ponyville as I had assumed. I guess that they transferred me sometime during my comatose state.

*creeek* I look over to the only door leading in and out of the room as it opens. It’s a generic royal guard. Female it seems, based on the rounded nose and the extremely feminine eyes. Everything in this world seems to be over exaggerated to a fault. It’s a bit too easy to read expressions now that I’ve gotten a tad more used to the equines body language. The stoic look on the guards face is impressive to be sure, but it’s a bit too easy to read the emotions in her eyes. Curious, in my world people could at least hide their feelings if they tried. It seems like that’s not the case here, as this is a highly trained soldier. And I got barely any experience with reading their faces. She’s afraid. That much I can see, though for some reason it doesn’t seem to be me she’s afraid of. Interesting indeed. Now what could make a royal guard afraid in the depths of their own stronghold. Considering it’s not me, I can only assume that the solar prince is pissed. And it’s showing, a lot. If that is true then I’m in deep shit. The royal guard assumes position inside the room and hold the door open for someone else.

Queue shock! In comes, not the solar prince as I expected. Rather his brother, and ruler of the night. What the actual fuck? Why would the prince of night come see me? Has the solar prince gone to bed? What’s the clock anyway? Curse this room, I have no idea what time it is. It could be a ploy to throw me off my game, a chance for them to gain an advantageous position on me. As if holding me in the middle of their fortress with promises of being punished severely if I misbehave wasn’t a game ender in and on itself.

Seriously, I’m so fucked I can’t find the right words to describe it. What the fuck am I supposed to do to get out of this situation. Think, what can I do to get a favorable situation out of this? I must make them understand that I am neither a threat nor crazy. Fuck. If I’m forced to tell them I know them from a television show I’m screwed. And they already know that I know too much for just a simple alien. This is a very bad position for me. I must establish a status quo as fast as possible, but to do so I need information.

“Ah, it’s the night weaver. An honor! Now if you would be so very kind as to release my shackles, you would have my eternal gratitude.” I look over at him with an easy smile on my lips. He simply stands there. Um, that’s not good? Ok, let’s just not do anything. Mayhaps I can keep myself from getting into more trouble if I just shut up.

*click* During my internal musing the lunar prince had light up his horn and removed my shackles. All the while simply watching me, not moving nor saying anything.

… This silence is getting uncomfortable. I gotta say something.

“Much appreciated preserver of dreams. For what do I owe this pleasure?” I’m currently sitting on the bench, facing him and rubbing my sore wrists. My brain is working overdrive and exhaustion is baring down at me like all seven hells. Keeping myself stable during unforeseen circumstances where I have no control is taxing to say the least.

“THERE IS NO PLEASURE IN THIS CIRCUMSTANCE! AS WE UNDERSTAND IT THOU HAST THREATENED EQUESTRIA’S SAFETY AND MUST BE DEALT WITH! THOU STAND ACCUSED! DOEST THOU ACKNOWLEDGE THIS?” The royal Canterlot voice reverberated throughout the room and caused my ears to ring in pain. Seriously, the show was incredibly censored at some points. That voice was terrifying. Not to mention loud! If my ears have not gained some permanent damage from this I’ll be positively surprised.

“I acknowledge the accusation and I plead innocence. I have not threatened Equestria, simply informed of a threat to it. I also would like to point out that I in am in no way connected to this threat!” I try once more to go the diplomatic route. Hoping that I don’t fuck it up... Again. The lunar prince looks down upon me with a look that seems, I dunno actually. Curious? Confounded? Disapproving? I got no idea. Oh shit, he’s about to open his mouth!

“WAIT! Please! For the love of all that is good in the world! Don’t verbally blast me with your sonic weapon of mass destruction, otherwise known as the royal canterlot voice. Seriously, you will have delivered judgement and concluded the execution by the time you’re done if you keep it up. No offence of course. You have a magnificent pair of lungs, but it would be death of me!” Curiously enough, I notice the guard that had since earlier closed the door and placed herself in front of it was looking at me with thankful eyes. Huh, seems I’m not the only one who was distressed by the ‘voice of death’.

The lunar prince had shut his mouth again and seemed to be contemplating my words. Was that...? A blush? but, he’s got fur on his face, and this ain't a cartoon so how the fuck? Nah, you know what. Fuck it, I’ll just roll with it. Fur changes color based on emotion and physical status. End of fucking story. Now I’m curious about the cutie marks. How does that work? Fucking magnets bro.

“WE APOL-Erhm, We apologize for the unintentional harassment. We assure thou it was not our intention. As for the situation at hand. We are a bit at a stand still. Thou art as of now considered a threat, but thou have knowledge we would acquire. Thou hast explained thy desire to share said information in a secluded environment. Consider thyself secluded.” The lunar prince had moved across the room and positioned himself in front of the one way mirror, looking down at me in what I decide to call a ‘friendly’ look. It doesn't look friendly for shit, but I’m giving him points for trying.

“Of course, I’ll say everything! I only hope to be able to ask a few mundane questions first? Is that acceptable?” I make sure to sound as if I consider this entire situation as a diplomatic encounter, rather than the interrogation that it is.

“THO-Erhm,Thou may.” The lunar prince looks... Amused. Ok, that’s good. We like amused, amused means I’ll stick around a little longer.

“Well first off, I’ll introduce myself. My name is Ryan, Ryan Kent to be precise. Simply call me Ryan. I was wondering if you could tell me what time of day it was, and hopefully your own name.” I smile once more towards him, trying my damnedest to keep the situation from delving into a full blown interrogation.

“Very well Ryan Kent. Thou shalt hast thy answers. It is currently midnight, thou hast been in this room for seven hours. And our title is as such. We art Prince Artemis, Alicorn of Night, and Co-ruler to Equestria.” Artemis had taken up a royal pose as he phrased himself, making him look pretty damn impressive in my book. Of course, as impressive as an equine could. Points for trying at least.

"It is an honor, Prince Artemis. Now I would love to ask for a glass of water, but doubt that it is within my current rights to do so. I shall nevertheless start my tale. I am a being called human. My profession was student. Meaning I am still young for a human, a mere young adult. I was studying towards music back home. The human lands lie, very far away. In fact, I have a nagging suspicion that it lies beyond be boundaries of this plane of existence. How I got here I do not know unfortunately. The circumstances where... Odd, to say the least." I frown at that. How did I get here? the last thing I remember is walking through a park back home, before suddenly walking in a dense wood. Hm, now that I think about it. It was winter back home, here it's definitely summer. Or something close, maybe closer to equator? hehe, Equestria close to equator. Silly me.

The prince seemed to be contemplating my words, his features betraying his surprise. Whatever they were expecting me to say, it seems that this was not it.

"Doest... Doest thou jest? Thou art telling me, that thou art not only of a species never before seen nor heard of in the lands of Equestria, but also that thou art of a different world altogether?... And thou studied music?" The alicorn of night started pacing about the room. Mumbling to himself all the while, rubbing his chin with a hoof. Curious, the show portrayed that right at least. The ponies seems to have balled joints in their forehooves. I'm looking forward to seeing a pegasus in action, the wings of these creatures are remarkably defined, with very long feathers. The amount of feathers however coupled with the wing size is ridiculous. To think them able to fly would in my world be considered ludicrous. For a lack of better word, seeing the rules of Newton break here will be sweet! Hm, I'm actually feeling giddy. Once again, curious. It still remains to be seen though, whether or not I'm going to live long enough to be able to see a pegasus in flight. I'm still in an interrogation after all.

Artemis once again stopped his pacing and stared pointedly at me.

"Thou said that thou had information vital to the security of Equestria. Care to elaborate on thy statement?" Oh crap. Here goes nothing.

"Well, I might have stretched that statement's truthfulness to the limit when I said so. In the interest of self preservation. However it might run true, if a worst case scenario should occur. As far as I've been able to gather, I was whisked away from my home world into this one. With no warning nor prior signs telling that such an event were about occur. Now if it should turn out to just be a freak accident, then all would be fine and dandy. However should this be a work of design, who's to say I'm the only of my species to fall through? What if one of my people who fall through should carry a weapon? And god's forbid, should be aggressive? What if this happens on an immensely grand scale? My people's population counts in the billions... Six billion if my memory serves me right. If all of these humans were to randomly drop into your world would that not warrant a security issue? Of course, I stress the fact that such an event is highly unlikely and most definitely a worst case scenario, but to dismiss it entirely would be foolish." I speak calmly and evenly, trying my hardest to keep the monologue feeling hypothetical, but still stressing the fact that it might be possible for such an event to occur.

"Six billion...? How... How is such a thing possible? How doest thy species feed themselves? Such numbers surely must drain your world of it's resources! How doest thou sustain?" Artemis looked as if I'd told him his mother was a stallion, with sufficient proof to back it up.

"It shouldn't be that hard to imagine. How many reside in Equestria? I would guess that most of ponykind live here?" The more I know, the better my chances.

"Uh, That's... There art a population of 56 million inhabitants in Equestria, only about seventy percent art of ponykind. There art also Diamond dogs, Griffons and Dragons. Among other races in much fewer numbers." Artemis spoke evenly, as if contemplating his words carefully before uttering them. It's clear as day that Artemis did not have his brothers practice, nor finesse to navigate these sorts of situations. Though this brings up an interesting question.

"Wait, are you saying that there are Dragons in Equestria that identify themselves as Equestrian citizen? What benefits would they bestow upon your fair country? Also, does there exist other kingdoms or countries except Equestria?" Fair country? did I just say that? Huh, guess reading so much fantasy novels did wonders for my silver tongue when dealing with royalty.

Artemis once again had begun his pacing, mumbling to himself once more. It was actually kind of cute. No seriously, here's a being whose mane seems to be made up of the very cosmos itself and he's running around in circles like some frustrated librarian in look for a lost book. He answers almost offhandedly.

"Yes, yes there art Dragons who identify themselves as Equestrian. They do much for us, mostly securing our borders from our more aggressive neighbors. Of course there art other kingdoms! The Griffon Kingdoms to the north, the Diamond Planes to the west, Zebrica to the south and the Dragon wastes to the east. Even more beyond those. Pray forgive us, we must discuss these developments with our brother." Ending the statement with a flourish the alicorn turned on his hooves and marched outside. Leaving me in confusion, and the guard perplexed. Before once again the guard donned her neutral, stern mask and left the room, making sure to close the door behind her and locking it shut.

Oook? Am I still on trial here? What the hell did I say to make him just end the interview like that? I sure hope he didn't... He didn't misunderstand me and think that humans are planning on invading Equestria or anything right? Nah, he's probably just stressed. After all, it's a first encounter with an alien. I guess he just needed to chew on the information a bit. I got some good info out of it though. So that's a small victory for me there. Wonder how long he'll be. I'm in much need of a good bed. Funny how being unconscious for long lengths doesn't rest you up. As much as I hate it, I'm still at their mercy. Might as well get comfortable and get some sleep while I'm trapped here. Too bad the bench is so fucking small, it'll have to serve as a pillow.

~▲~

*CRASH* What in the name of-

"You have some nerves! Coming to my kingdom with threats of invasion! Stand and deliver fiend!" The solar prince had burst through the door leading into the room, efficiently turning it to splinters. His mane crackling with energy, seemingly on fire. His eyes glowing pure white and his face turned into such an expression of anger I'm pretty sure I should have been turned to ash right about now. He looks positively furious. I better dissuade this situation before it goes out of hand. Silver tongue, don't fail me now!

"Ehum... Uhh, Parley?" Oh crud...

Author's Note:

Aaaand here we go! The new chapter is finally up! Sorry for the long wait! I blame... Um, Ok I got nothing. I can only apologize for the lateness of it. Hope you like it!

On another note! DaemoN67 has finally joined us and has begun proofreading my disasters from chapter 1 and outwards! Yay^^ Things will be fixed!

Once again! If you like/dislike the story please leave a comment telling me why. Would love feedback^^

Anyways! This is Terolie, Signing out!

Comments ( 4 )

Why did you had to change the genders... WHY?!

Only thing I dislike in this story.
Well done so far, looking for more.

Peace

2255997
Glad you liked it! Always cool to hear from people^^
2256124
I changed the genders for two reasons, 1: To mix it up from standard Brony in Eq, and 2: To fuck with the character.

2257208 (cant wait for more)

1986549 It's also an ignore-able one.

Let him comment in peace.

Login or register to comment