• Published 12th Jan 2013
  • 373 Views, 10 Comments

Age of Discord: Part 1 of 3 - Luigigirl65



A what-if story, revolving around the Mane 6 failing to beat Discord. On stallion makes it his job to beat the tyrant, holding Equestria in his grasp. Will he do it, or die trying?

  • ...
6
 10
 373

Age of Discord: Part One Prologue

Age of Discord Prologue
Notes before you read:
This story is just for fun. There was no way I would ever corrupt the main storyline. It's like an alternate universe story, where this unfolds. Don't worry, the main storyline is preserved.

The unicorn stallion stood tall, face-to-face with the enemy.
The tyrant holding Equestria hostage in is chaotic grasp.
Discord.
Upon his head, a golden crown with a green gem on it, rested.
Around him, were his five friends. A brown Earth Pony stood to his left, and a yellow unicorn mare stood to the right. A purple mare struck her hoof against the ground, and snorted.
“It’s time to destroy the one who made my Cutie Mark come late,” she said.
A blue Pegasus stallion and reddish Pegasus mare flew above them. The stallion growled. "Time to die, Discord!"
All of the ponies had a golden necklace around their necks, bearing gens resembling their Cutie Marks.
The two rivals locked eyes, and unicorn stallion saw his life flash before his own. He thought to himself... This all could’ve been for nothing. His friends, his family, the land, his life... He could die in this…
**************************
The blue unicorn stallion woke up under the hooves of a pink unicorn. An eager simile was plastered on her face.
“Morning Sleeping Beauty!” she cheerfully said.
He rubbed his eyes. “Hydro, what did I say about…”
Hydrogen Peroxide giggled happily. “You know this is the day!”
The memory snapped into his mind. It was! It was the day!
Hydro walked towards the exit of his room. “Come on Sodium! Or you’ll miss out.” She galloped out.
Sodium Chloride knew what today was. His sister, Hydrogen Peroxide, was an engineer, and wanted to build a pair of functioning Pegasus wings to fly about on. She finished them, and wanted to show the family. Sodium was not going to miss out on this! Not today!
This would be the first day that he would be happy since the start of Discord's reign.
A blue aura surrounded his horn, as he picked up his glasses. The closet opened, and he pulled out a white lab coat. He dashed after his sister.
*******************************
His parents waited downstairs, as they watched him dash down the stairs. The blue unicorn tripped, and stumbled down the last steps. His glasses fell off his face, and landed at the feet of a blue Unicorn mare. It was his mother, Hydrogen 2 Oxygen, and she was not happy with his behavior. The mare glared at her son.
“Sodium Chloride! What did I say about running in the house?!”
He sighed. “To not to…”
She nodded. “Good.”
The father, Silver Bromide, was at the door, waiting for the two. “Hydro’s outside, you two! When are you coming?”
Unlike H2O, Silver was far more easy-going. He allowed Hydro to try out her wings today.
The two exchanged glances, made faces at each other, and followed after Silver.
***************************
They found a plaid field outside Canterlot, where Hydrogen Peroxide stood, ready for launch. Her wings were pink, like her coat, held to her body by some metal straps. A few cables linked to the back of her head, where she gave the command to activate. A lot of cotton candy clouds lazily drifted in the air. It was almost calm, like Discord was slacking off today.
“I don’t see why she’s doing this. She could get hurt,” H2O said with concern.
“Don’t worry dear; she made these to be safe. She’ll be fine!” Silver confdently.
H2O sighed. “I hope so.”
Sodium didn’t pay attention to any of that. He wanted to see his sister in the air.
In a matter of seconds, the metal wings sprang open, and Hydrogen Peroxide was in the air. The family watched as she soared around, moving the clouds. The winged mare happily screamed, delighted about her successful invention. The family all watched amazed as she flew about, except H2O, who watched in fear. Silver was using a spell to calculate her speed.
“It’s not going over 50.”
H2O shuddered. “That’s enough. GET DOWN!”
Hydro looked to her mother, laughing a bit. “But mom!”
“That’s an order!”
The pink unicorn put her head down in dismay. She slowly descended to the ground. The clouds quickly gathered and started raining chocolate rain.
****************************
The family headed home and sat in the front room.
“Hydro!” Sodium yelled, “That was-“
“Not safe. You should know better!”
Hydro laughed. “Mother! If you knew the experience of the air, you’d never wanna go back!”
Sodium then changed his glance to the window. Past the chocolate rain, he saw the nerve center of chaos. A strange impulse ran through him. He knew that the Six Heroines fail there. After that, Discord came to Canterlot, to Princess Celestia, and turned her to stone. Princess Luna then fled, never to be seen again. Celestia’s statue was in the garden in place of his own. Corrupted ponies walked the streets alongside the normal ones.
What more can he say? He was sick of Discord.
Silver looked to his son. “Sodium, what is wrong?”
The stallion looked to his father. “Mom, Dad, I want to go to Ponyville!”
The family gasped. H2O almost fainted, and Hydro stood in an attack pose.
“Ponyville?!” H2O yelled, “Why? It’s not safe!”
Sodium put his head down. “I want to go to Ponyville,” he repeated. “Ten years ago, the Six Heroines tried to destroy Discord. They failed. I need to find them and bring peace back to Equestria.”
Hydro put her hoof down. “You? You only know chemistry and nothing more!”
He looked her in the eyes. “Listen. I know ponies will gladly revolt, but can’t due to this tyrant’s power. I must find a team to help me in this! Besides…” He slid over and whispered in her ear, “We can fly there.” Hydro’s ears perked up with excitement.
********************************
A tap was felt on his body. “Sodium…” He looked up at Hydro. “You ready?”
Sodium smiled. “I am sister.”
She flew out the window, and the stallion hopped on her back. A few flaps of her wings, and they were off to the Chaos Capital of the World.

Author's Note:

If you saw this on my dA, you'd notice minor changes.

I am glad to post this here! I know you Bronies will accept this! It was well-received, so I hope the same applies here!

I am only an amateur author, so I'd like to see your opinions!

Written by Luigigirl65
Motivated by AnibarutheCat
Inspired by My Little Pony and wonderful Bronies like you!

Comments ( 10 )

Age of Discord: Part One Prologue

"Part One Prologue" ok then, that seems reas-

"Complete"

Fix that

So the Princesses and Discord are OCs as well? Seems legit.

1949682>>1949467
Eh guys, werent you a newbie back then? It hurts to get answers like those. I am sure this fella did not mean any harm, rather tell him/her to fix his failures...

Add other character tags as well my friend.
Make the chapter's name right, or try to make others understand what you are up to in comments (As far as I understood, you have made something wrong by adding only epilogue then making it "completed" fix this.)

Hope this helps!

Story seems interesting, yet confusing, or mysterious... Like my stories.
Well, you got my thumn up for this story, waiting for it's other parts...

1949813 "so x and y is OC then..." made me think like you are insulting the fella, rather be nice, and tell him/her to fix it? Like;

"You haven't put the character tags in the story, fix it." etc. whould not be a better reply?

No hard feelings, just saying...

1949823
You seem to be suffering from a serious case of thinking I'm nice

1949868 I am sure you are nice, you may not be on your day just. ;)

It's two AM here, have to sleep. Bye.

Unoriginality for everypony!

Girls, girls. Quit b***h-slapping each other with words and let me explain.

Anibaru (My Motivation) told me to join this site because he liked the story and wanted to see how well it will be received in a community of Bronies. He is the official artist (And I will replace the preview image with his art.) and loved the series from the official designs of the mane cast

This whole site and system is new to me, so I need to learn more about it.

If it was accepted by 3 of 7 of you guys, I don't give a buck. You all could hate me forever and ban me for all I care. I have four more pages of this junk on my OTHER site that you all are not aware of. I enjoy that 3 of 7 of you liked it, but don't care of the hatred of the other 4.

This page was to see how it was received. You guys don't like it, I may not continue.

I am, in fact, offended by most of your comments. I'm not complaining much. The story is 3 main parts, composed of smaller chapters, prologues, and epilogues. More shall be added, and all may be fixed.

Until then, I'll tell Anibaru how you all taken our series.

Buck you for insulting /Thank you for support and goodnight.

this is one of my favorites story ever you have my full sopport girl keep it up and don't stop!:twilightsmile:
here's the cover to everypony watch and enjoy i50.tinypic.com/x1116b.jpg

Login or register to comment