• Published 11th Jan 2013
  • 937 Views, 7 Comments

Batmane - Everfree City - Zerotheunicorn



Equestria isn't what it used to be. Celestia is dead. Luna is insane. The Mane 6 have fallen apart. Equestria's fate is in the hands of Twilight Sparkle, or as she is now known, Batmane. Can she really beat the odds or is the world doomed?

  • ...
3
 7
 937

What a night....

Batmane
Hope is an interesting emotion. That primal instict that pushes you forward through the darkest of times, because you know something better is on the horizon. Hope is the only thing that keeps Equestria going.

Twilight Sparkle had been well known and adored in Ponyville ever since she helped restore Princess Luna, the very same princess that had brought her beloved town, and world, to its knees.
Twilight had refused to resign to the how Equestria had withered and whilst she honed her skills and crafted her batgadgets in secret she had also become a public beacon of hope. She spoke out in many (sadly uneffective) protests and it was at one of these events that it all went wrong.

Twilight stood on a makeshift stage infront of the cold, unforgiving gates of Everfree prison. Rain lapped down from the cruel black sky dampening Twilight's coat. The screams and cackles of the inmates could be heard riding the wind, no more than ghostly whispers.
Twilight stepped up to the mic to adress the few ponies who had bothered to turn up as was greeted by an explosion of feedback.

"Fellow ponies" Twilight started, her spirit knocked by the disappointing turnout. "We must stand togethor if we wish to reclaim our beautiful home. Inside these walls your friends, family and even spouses are being brutally mistreated for breaking menial laws."
Twilight's resolve was challenged again as she watched three ponies nonchalantly walk away. "We are the citizens of Ponyville!" Twilight continued. "Did we surrender to Nightmare Moon? Of course we didn't! We put our hearts and our souls into defeating her. Did we beg to Discord when all seemed lost? No! We kept hope in our hearts and we perserved to defeat his tyranny! Now I ask you Ponyville, will we surrender to this tyranny?
No response. The crowd dismissively stared at their hooves or awkwardly glanced at each other. Just as Twilight was about to give up hope and skulk home a small filly emerged from the crowd, no wait, three fillies.
"No way!" shouted an overly hyped Scootaloo. "We can do this!" pepped up an enthusiastic Sweetiebelle. "Too right gurls!" added Applebloom, pushing her way to the front.
Twilight couldn't help but chuckle, even in these dark times friendship still prevailed, for someponies at least...
"So." Twilight excitedly questioned "Who is with us?!"
For a heartbreaking second that hung like an eternity they're was silence. Then a voice at the back yelled "Im with you Twilight." another voice added "me too" and third joined in "and me!"
Soon Twilight was swimming in a sea of applause and support. The noise was so loud she didn't even hear the hiss of the canister at her feet. Her head started to spin and her balance abandoned her. White smoke filled the air and she just managed to whisper "grenade" as she fell to the floor and darkness enveloped her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The first thing she saw when she came to was blinding light. Was she dying? Was this the end? She heard a familiar voice softly say "Twilight Sparkle... I've been waiting"
"Celestia?!" Twilight called out. Suddenly her eyes focused and she recognised the pony looming above her "...Luna..." Twilight trailed off.
"Hello Twilight Sparkle. Isn't the night beautiful?"
Twilight tried to lash out towards the alicorn, only to find she was bound to her chair. "So you grew a backbone then?" Luna mocked. "Even though your friends all turned to darkness you still have hope. Sweet little Fluttershy has really lost her innocence hasn't she?" Twilight felt a sharp tinge of agony in her heart. Her friend... The element of kindness.. Really was a monster.
"Then theres that physco Pinkie pie. Selling out to Discord, how pathetic. And Rarity, a common theif, hardly fitting of a lady..."
Tears streamed down Twilight's cheeks. She already knew this information but to hear it summed up like this was heartbreaking. "No!" Twilight screamed "Rainbow Dash is still loyal and I know somewhere out there Appleja-" Luna cut her off "Applejack is dead" she coldly stated.
"Don't worry Twilight, I'm sure you'll have a nice reunion with Applejack and Celestia soon. Criminals hate Batmane."
Panick spread over Twilight. Luna didn't know she was Batmane. She couldn't.
"What does that have to do with me!?" Twilight shouted, her voice obviously thick with concern.
"Don't play dumb, Twilight or should I say Batmane?" Luna giggled menacingly. Suddenly the straps that kept Twilight bound to her chair released and two stallions grabbed her and lifted her up. She was dragged across the dark, mettalic room she was in and brought to a high window. "In 24 hours everypony will know your secret, Twilight" Luna concluded as the stallions drop Twilight and she started to freefall.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The wind whistled through her mane as she plumeted closer and closer to the floor. Then she made contact. Fortunately she landed on a building's canopy, but after bouncing off that there was a noticible crack as she hit the stone floor.
Twilight groaned in agony. It felt like everybone in her body had broken. She felt a strange sensation on her muzzle, was she being licked? She opened her eyes to see a small cat lapping at a cut on her muzzle. She saw she was surrounded by cats licking her. Twilight was suitably confused. "What the fuck?" Twilight weakly groaned as a pony in a black latex catsuit approached her. "Well hello, Twilight darling" Rarity greeted "What brings you to this fine institution?"
"None of your buisness, Catmare." Twilight snapped. Catmane was visibly frustrated by this response.
"You try and be civil and this is what you get." She dramatically complained. "I almost wish I didn't get my darlings to fix you up!"
With these words she noticed the pain in her body had disappeared, along with the cats. "How did you..." Twilight trailed off, knowing Rarity it was best not to ask.
"Im sorry, darling but I must be off. If you ever need me I make do with the cave near the entrance to the swamp. Try to find a map if you get lost."
And with that she strutted away.
Twilight dragged herself to her feet, there was no time to waste chasing after Catmane. She needed her suit and gadgets, magic may be severly limited within Everfree but Twilight was strong enough to broadcast a message back to her batcave.
"Spike?" Twilight asked "Can you hear me?"
"Oh yes, Miss Sparkle" replied a high pitched british voice. "The signal is truely superb Miss Sparkle. May I politely inquire as to where you are located?"
"Why in Equestria are you talking like that, Spike?" Twilight puzzled.
"It just seemed right as I'm your butler, y'know?" Spike replied, in a more familiar voice. "but seriously where the heck are you?"
"Im in Everfree, Spike. Luna knows my secret. I need you to transport my suit here." Twilight urgently replied. "just set co-ordinates to Everfree and press the blue button, okay?"
"uuuuh..." Groaned a confused Spike. "Oh! I got it. Suit in boooouuuuuund. Wheeeeee" he continued, a little too enthusiastically.
Twilight looked towards the sky to see a canister fall from the sky. And get caught in the tallest tree in sight.
"Spike!" Twilight shouted. "Same old Spike" she sighed to herself.
She trotted over to the foot of the tree and her gaze wandered up. "C'mon Twi..." Twilight commanded herself. "you've defeated countless criminals. You can climb a tree."

Author's Note:

Nice to see speedy updates isn't it?

Comments ( 3 )

this is great, I knew as soon as I heard pinkie was Harley Quinn that fluttershy would be poison ivy and rarity would be catwoman :raritystarry: really looking forward to seeing where this goes, keep up the good work :twilightsmile:
uh p.s. you started referring to Rarity as catmare, then changed to catmane, i'm not sure which you intended, personally I think you should stick with catmare as its suitably more feminine for Rarity, but that's just my view

2572021
Oops, I should really check my writing. Its supposed to be catmare for sure, much more ladylike. Glad you like it though, inconsistancies (I cannot for the life of me spell that word) aside.

nicely done; also:

"Applejack is dead" she coldly stated.

:trixieshiftright: ...or IS she? after all, what I read last chapter reminds me a LOT of another "dead" member of the Batman franchise...
tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M60175e612a276e1cc2f19b3f99552a88H0&w=300&h=187&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

Login or register to comment