• Published 11th Jan 2013
  • 936 Views, 7 Comments

Batmane - Everfree City - Zerotheunicorn



Equestria isn't what it used to be. Celestia is dead. Luna is insane. The Mane 6 have fallen apart. Equestria's fate is in the hands of Twilight Sparkle, or as she is now known, Batmane. Can she really beat the odds or is the world doomed?

  • ...
3
 7
 936

How did it happen?

The wind whistled through the treehouse skyscrapers of the Everfree forest. The full moon shone brightly in the deep crystal night sky. Equestria has become hell.
Discord had somehow escaped. He killed Celestia...Unthinkable in a
time of peace and unity. But things have changed. With her dying breath she sealed away almost all of his magical power. But Equestria still fell to the chaos.

Luna was the first to be struck. She went insane at the sight of her sister's brutal murder. After the tragedy Luna couldn't handle the memories of her sister which plagued her every time the sun rose and so plunged Equestria into eternal night.
One of the first things Luna stated after gaining power over Equestria was that she vowed to destroy all villainous ponies and announced Everfree forest would become an open air prison. Meaning all animal life there would be destroyed.

Meanwhile Discord, who needed help now his power was drained had convinced Pinkie Pie that chaos was for the best. The world didn't need organisation, chaos was just natures way to handle things. Maybe he hypnotised her or maybe its was the chocolate rain but Pinkie fell completely in love with him. Pinkie jumped at the chance to be by his side. His "queen" he had told her.
Pinkie Quinn was born. With the new name came a new trait of madness. She would stop at nothing to make sure the chaos kept on rising, and Discord stayed in power.

Applejack had disappeared. The most painful part, nobody but her family even noticed. One last chore she had promised Granny Smith she would complete was to bring her beloved Granny one last harvest of zap apples before she died, and with that she had gone to farm the few wilting trees that were still gripping onto life in Sweet Apple Acres. After Applejack had been gone for 2 days Granny Smith had begged Big Macintosh to go look for her. A search party was promptly organised, but the poor mare was never found.

When Fluttershy saw what was happening to the beautiful forest she had once called her neighbour, and her precious creatures called home she decided she must protect it
Fluttershy knew that chaos was rife over Equestria but she was determined to help the only way she knew how, helping her animal friends, secretly it was the only pleasure she had left after the dark night fell.
So she snuck into the Canterlot Archives, knowing exactly what she was looking for, it didn't take long for Fluttershy to find the spell she needed. A spell that could turn blood to chlorophyll. With this new mutation Fluttershy gained power over nature, and a confidence boost, but her mind fragile mind was twisted and broken, and she developed a hate for all of ponykind.

Almost all the villainous ponies have been locked in the sprawling forest prison. It may not be the highest tech prison around, but it sure kept the prisoners in. Even Discord, the Clown prince of chaos was captured and entrapped rather quickly without the use of his magic.
He put up a bloodsoaked fight but the ponyville police force handled it well.
The police force's top squad, consisting of Octavia, Vinyl scratch, Derpy Hooves and lead by Captain Shining Armour took down most all of the criminals, but for some reason they were forced into a low paid, dangerous job as medics within Everfree.

One would think every criminal locked up is a victory. The problem is countless innocent ponies are also fending for their lives within Everfree. Thankfully,these ponies aren't alone.
They have a silent guardian. Her name used to be Twilight Sparkle before the dark night broke Equestria. She pushed herself to the limits when she heard her mentor had died. Following ancient training techniques learnt from Zecora and ancient scrolls she perfect her mind and body ready for the fight for justice.
Then she donned the cowl.
Twilight Sparkle was Batmane.


As she sits atop a branch high up in the prison, the breeze ruffling her cape, she looks at the chaos surrounding her. She can't help but to think how ironic the name Everfree has become. It may never have been perfect. But at least nopony died there.
"This isn't justice" She growls through the voice changer in her cowl. "This is slaughter".
Batmane was aware she had a heavy responsibility and this was one of the rare
moments she had time to sit and observe, but did she want to? The chaos unfolded beneath her, ponies cried, trees burned, flesh was torn from animals bones. How could she ever return things to how they were?...
As Batmane snapped back to her surroundings, away from the thoughts that dragged her spirit down, she spotted something in the corner of her eye. It was fast, colourful.
"Shit" Batmane uttered to herself, how could she be so careless?
Knowing in these abysmal times there was only one thing that stayed colourful and it wasn’t good. With that Batmane was covered in confetti. Explosive confetti from of Pinkie Quinn's "hilarious" death machines.

"How ya likin' Everfree, Batbrain?" Pinkie screamed to Batmane, who was currently lit up like a firework. “I think its jus-”.
In one deft swoop Batmane had glided a good fifty metres through the air down to the cracked ground. Before Pinkie Quinn had finished her sentence Batmane had her by the throat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Twilight never wanted to be like this. Fighting against her friends. Maybe... it was her that belonged in prison. Maybe she was a much a monster as everyone else in this hellhole. However this was not the time think about that. If she thought too much about what she had done, then she would certainly lose her grip end up just like the others. No sanity, no principles and no way to help. How she longed for the power of the elements of harmony, or merely her friends support.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Subconsciously Batmane had released her grip on the cotton candy pink mare.
"Hehehe... I knew you weren’t going to hurt poor defenceless Pinkie... a-are you?" Stuttered Pinkie.
"You haven't left me a choice, Quinn." muttered Batmane. Batmane lifted a nearby rock up with her magic and threw it at Pinkie Quinn

Batmane made sure to only ever call Pinkie Quinn, Quinn.
She would like to think it was a sign of respect, to honour the memories of her dear friend. however even she knew in the back of her mind she called Pinkie Quinn, Quinn for only one reason. Separation. The name Quinn helped her justify the senseless violence, and keep a grasp on her sanity.
"Aha missed me!" Pinkie giggled as she cartwheeled away from the sizeable, speeding lump of stone. She proceeded to pull out a pair of joke glasses from a pocket in her red and black get up and placed them on her face. “You wouldn't hit a pony in glasses right" Pinkie mumbled nervously, starting to laugh hysterically.

"Nah. She wouldn't, doesn't have the guts to." yelled a stallion plastered in clown makeup. A typical Discord henchman armed with a deadly party popper gun. Classy. Normally Batmane would sneak up behind one of these stupid brutes and take them out without breaking a sweat. But she was caught between Pinkie and two guards.
"You guys really as stupid as you look?” Batmane shouted, her voice brimming with false confidence.
“Fuck you, ya sonofabitch.” Yelled the slightly larger of the two guards as he grabbed Batmane by her jaw and yanked back her head, exposing the neck
This was it. She stopped for a breather and now she was going to die. All because of one mistake. Her friend was going to kill her in about thirty seconds.

"Well well well... Tell you what Batmane, I'm gonna take this knife" Quinn pulled a short, pink knife with a sharp serrated edge from her seemingly endless pockets and bounced over to Batmane.
"And I'm gonna make you smile. Smile. SMILE!" She erupted in laughter as she placed the knife on Batmane's cheek. Quinn was taking her time. How foolish.

Suddenly the unmistakable crackle of electricity pierced the air. Followed by two fully grown stallions begging for mercy. Pinkie’s eyes grew wide as they frantically darted about their surroundings, searching for the source of the sinister sound.
"Look out." Batmane grunted in such a calm way. Almost in a way that gave Pinkie a chill. Pinkie took a anxious step back “D-d-don’t do anything you’ll regret Batmane. If you kill me my Puddin’ won’t be happy” She attempted to threaten.
Just then a steel rod topped with a taser dug into the back of Quinn's neck. Her laughter twisted and warped into a horrific scream as her face hit the hard ground and she fell unconscious.

“You fucking idiot Nightwing!” Screamed Batmane as a cyan pegasus stepped over Pinkie’s twitching body. “If you want to commit suicide then slit your own throat, save her the hassle”
Though her identity was classified by her blue and black jumpsuit and black eye mask, Rainbow Dash was still Rainbow Dash, just as reckless and arrogant as ever.
“Maybe I knocked out the wrong pony, Twi-Batmane” sighed Nightwing. “No thanks for saving me, Nightwing?”
“Thanks for saving me, Nightwing” Twilight said softly, turning off her voice changer. “I thought I was as good as dead” she stepped closer to her friend.
“You were” Chuckled Nightwing. “How did you end up in here anyway?” She continued, her voice tinged with concern
“Last night, well, 24 hours ago was a rough, rough night.” Sighed Batmane as she recalled events...

Author's Note:

This is my first attempt at writing, so I apoligise for the quality (or lackof it)
Huge thanks to Scopetime42 for encouragement and proofreading and to FluttershyAllTheWay for inspiring me to write