• Published 4th Jan 2013
  • 207 Views, 1 Comments

Forging A Life - ArcherApollo



Silver Ore is a normal teenage earth pony he hates school, he pull pranks, and he even makes time to work at his dads smithy but it all changes when a new mare comes to town and Silver ends up saving her.

  • ...
 1
 207

I suck at realitionships

Silver trotted down the stairs and into the living room plopped on to the couch and sighed then he groaned remembering had orders of horseshoes to fill by the end of the day. He cantered over to smithy and was about to start stoking the forge when he looked at the anvil and saw a note laying on top of it he slowly walked over and looked down at it.

Silver then looked over at the forge and open the hatch on the side with his mouth a allowing a bright flaming blue phoenix to fly out and land beside him on the anvil. “Hey forge, little buddy how are you today”? Silver asked the bird it simply twisted its head and squawked a couple times before Silver opened a small tray filled with volcanic rocks “hope your hungry forge” said Silver. ”Now eat up little guy I need you to stay strong you keep the smelter going” called Silver to the bird as he trotted into the kitchen which was connected to the forge he began to rummage around for food. He opened each cabinet searching each one for food that his parents may have purchased before the trip to Canterlot spying a box of apple crisps at the back of the cupboard he quickly swiped it. Silver had just opened the box when the a knock came from the door he sighed sat down the box on kitchen counter and quickly trotted to the door “coming” he said right before he arrived at the door opening it to see two Pegasus Colts grinning wildly at him.

“Soarin, Discs? What are you guys doing here”? Silver asked wondering why his two friends had shown up at his door.

“Pinkie told us about your mare friend,” Soarin said.

“So where the little mare you valiantly recused then slept with,” Said Discs as the two pegasi collapsed together laughing like maniacs. When they finally stopped laughing, they saw an angry Silver with very protective phoenix glaring at them fire popping and smoking as it rose from feathers of the bird as it floated beside Silver.

“Oh buck” the two colts said in unison as the color drained from their faces thinking about what was going to happen next and if they would live.

Silver poker face suddenly broke as he fell backwards with laughter looking at the colts faces of sheer terror “you should have seen your faces it was priceless!”

The colts trotted inside as Silver laughed following them as they grumbled about Silvers dumb joke as the phoenix flew back to the forge and sat on the anvil eating its food. Discs took a seat beside the sound system and looked though Silvers music collection though he had sold Silver most of it as Soarin sat down on the couch anxiously looking around for any sign of a mare. Silver returned to the room after reclaiming his apple crisps, Disc’s bluntly asked, “So where is she?”

“Drunk, asleep in my room” saying it before realizing what he had said his hoof hit his face hard as the other colts looked at with jaws on the floor and envy in their eyes. ”No not like that let me explain!” he commented as the colts picked up their jaws and listened as recounted the past couple days adventures while putting forge back inside the smelter to rest.

“So you didn’t sleep with her?” asked Soarin inquisitively.

“Give the guy some respect Soarin” Said Discs to Soarin punching him lightly in the shoulder.

“All right you two calm, don’t wake Vinyl up she’s only been asleep ….” Silver started as mare called down the stairs “ten hours”!

“Hello boys” she said as she trotted up between them right up to Silver stopped and telekinetically slapped him “That’s for shoving me under cold water and leaving hard cider out” she yelled.

“But…bb…but…” stammered Silver right before she grabbed him with her magic pulling him in and kissed him on the lips.

“That is for taking care of me and singing me a song” She replied sweetly as she broke the kiss turning to pegasi behind and asked, “you two are”? Silver swayed back and forth for a moment and fell over behind Vinyl unconscious the pegasi both watched Soarin wide eyed and Discs just raising an eyebrow at the scene.

“Discs” calmly replied the smooth charcoal gray pegasus colt with long purple and brown mane and tail looking at her with emerald eyes that showed disinterest and boredom.

“S…Soarin” stammered the light blue pegasus with a frazzled darker blue mane and tail glancing at the floor with spring leaf green eyes bright red cheeks as his wings shot out either side.

“Vinyl” she replied to both of them “nice to meet you both”

“Same to you” Said Discs as he dug in his saddle bag for a moment retrieving a piece of paper.

“Okay boys time to go I’ll escort them out, then back to bed Vinyl” Ordered Silver to his assembled friends as he pulled himself back together.

“Fine” grumbled Vinyl as she trotted back up the stairs.

The moment she was out of ear shot Discs whispered to Silver “Rose luck invited you to a picnic tomorrow she wanted me to bring this to you” said Discs passed silver the letter whispering to the others as they walked towards the door.

“How come you get all the mares”? Questioned Soarin as they trotted to the door.

“No clue but I’ll figure out what to do about the picnic in the morning, it’s almost dusk and we do have three days off right”? Asked Silver

The pegasi nodded in agreement flew out the doorway in to the gleaming Twilight.

Silver returned to the house and checked on Vinyl who had gone back to bed and snored softly on his bed murmuring something in her sleep. Silver walked back down the stairs thinking about the day he curled up beside the forge and slept to the sound crackling fire as forge curled up beside him and cooed.
____________________________________________________________________________________
Silver awoke the next morning thinking about one thing food and lots of it. He trotted into the kitchen, opened the fridge, and pulled it open to find eggs and bit milk all that remained. He pulled them out and set them on the counter and bucked open a shelf behind him letting a container of grits fall onto his back. Putting everything down on the counter top he trotted over to stereo system set the volume to low turned some Tom pony and the heartbreakers singing along as cooked.

Vinyl slowly opened her eyes looking over at the guitar her friend had played for her the day before she rolled out of the bed before smelling the air and picking up a whiff of food, she hadn’t eaten in days. Walking into the hall and down the stairs into the forge, she saw Silver standing over the forge cooking food with a heavenly aroma coming from it and singing to some old school rock. “What’cha cooking” she said as trotted up to stand beside the gray colt to see what was on the skillet he was preparing.

“Where having eggs, grits, and toast for breakfast today Vinyl I hope you’re hungry” replied Silver grinning happily as he flipped the toast on to the plate behind with the precision accuracy.

“I could eat a…” she said as knock at the door interrupted her midsentence.

“Sit down and eat Vinyl I’ll get the door,” said Silver cheerfully as trotted over to the door when it suddenly flew open and a

Pegasus mare with coat a bit brighter than Silvers slammed him into the floor in a hug.

“Hi Silver I’m back I missed you and who’s that over there”? Said the mare as she turned to look at Vinyl and she saw the mare eyes strangely crossed eyes.

“Please get off me Ditzy,” Said the muffled voice of Silver from under the mare whose name was Ditzy.

“Oh right sorry ” said the mare as she got off Silver and help to his hooves.

“I missed you Ditzy Doo,” said Silver as he pulled the mare into yet another hug and then breaking it off and turning to back to Vinyl. “Vinyl meet Ditzy Doo the local apprentice mail mare and good friend of mine and Ditzy meet Vinyl a new friend of mine.”

“Nice to meet you Ditzy” Vinyl said to the mare as she began to eat just now realizing that her food was growing cold. She watched ditzy pass Silver his mail and then hug him one last time and fly off.

“Well she’s nice and where did you learn to cook this is amazing Silver” Said Vinyl as she crammed more food in her mouth. Silver didn’t answer he just trotted over and began cooking his breakfast “So what are we going to do today Silver?”

“Well I need to go to town we need groceries, I need to buy more food for forge, and check on Pinkie” Silver listed off casually as he flipped a piece of toast on to his plate perfectly once again.

Vinyl sighed and shifted in her seat “I need new shades I’ll go with you”.

Silver looked at her puzzled “Why would hide your eyes? I told you there amazing and I really like them,” He said as he rubbed her head softly.

“Then you get to see them whenever you want Silver” She said as got up from the table and flicked her tail in his face and winked at him and he just stiffened and fell over.

Silver picked himself and said, “Fine you win” he sighed and walked over and opened the forge so his phoenix could flutter out landing on the anvil looking at Silver whom was setting his food dish down beside him.

Vinyl was hiding behind the couch watching the other two interact carefully “W..w…what is that thing Silver?”

“That thing is Forge he’s my pet phoenix and friend Vinyl” huffed Silver.

“He’s on fire!” Squeaked Vinyl cowering letting her eyes follow it.

“Come here Vinyl, forge won’t hurt you” said Silver taking Vinyl fore hooves and pulling her into smithy to stand beside the anvil and Forge.

Forge turned looked at the two pony’s and cawed a couple of times and continued eating his rocks as Vinyl looked at him curiously “He’s a lava phoenix Vinyl they eat volcanic rocks and are constantly burning at high temperatures that allow him to power my forge and live. Vinyl reached a hoof out to touch forge when Silver smacked it away turning to step between her and the anvil putting his back to forge “Vinyl he would give you third degree burns if you touched him be careful” Silver cautioned. Vinyl watched smoke come up from behind Silver he continued the lecture she could tell his tail had caught on fire smoke rising up from behind him.

“Silver, Silver, Silver SILVER” Vinyl repeated until he stopped talking.

“What Vinyl?” Asked the annoyed colt still oblivious to his tail burning.

“Your tails on fire” Vinyl stated as fire had taken most of Silvers long tail Forge cawed mockingly behind Silver’s back. Silver sighed and walked away his tail still smoking had been reduced to a short stump that barely covered his hind quarters Vinyl fell backwards laughing as Silver trotted past.

“We need to get to town” Silver stated as he through the dishes in the sink and returned Forge to his nest inside of smelter. Silver trotted out the door and into the fields that surrounded his house as Vinyl trotted along behind looking at the sights and sounds of the field as the headed toward Ponyville.

“Why do live so far away from ponyville Silver?” asked Vinyl as she watched a butterfly flutter around her head then land on her nose.

“Because most ponies in Ponyville don’t like the fact we normally keep the forge running all day and night and we wanted to be near the rock farm’s so we could easily purchase ore to smelt and work.” Still not missing a beat “plus Pinkie lived out here and so she moved in with us when she came to Ponyville” Silver finished.

“That was more of answer than I was expecting,” giggled Vinyl.

As the two of them entered town Vinyl saw a record store with Disc’s waving them over “Yo! Silver those Records’ you wanted came in”. They both rushed across the bustling street Silver walked up to the door were he saw Soarin inside picking though a CD’s with a big five bits sign above it. Disc’s walked over looked at the CD Soarin held in his mouth looked then glanced at Soarin disgusted with his choice a moment later he went back behind the counter and pulled out a package to large and flat to be CD’s. ”Why do you order records instead of buying CD’s like a normal pony? “Sighed Disc’s as he slid package over to Silver who shoved into his saddlebag.

“Because vinyl records sound better than CD’s Disc’s you know that,” said Silver to music loving pony across the table from him.

Discs sighed; “Silver those things are really hard to find and you know it takes forever to track down the one’s you want,” said the tired looking pony that was checking the register.

“It would be a lot easier if those DJ’s didn’t scratch them all up,” Silver angrily stated slamming his hoof against the table.
Vinyl who had heard Silvers comment shrunk back she was one those disc jockeys that destroyed records, she slipped into a corner and found a sunglasses rack and began searching though it as she did she could here Disc’s and Soarin arguing about musical taste, artists, and albums.

“Hey“ said Silver as he trotted behind Vinyl scaring her so badly she jumped hitting the ceiling however on the way back down Silver had thrown himself under her so she wouldn’t get hurt when she landed. “Sorry Vinyl I didn’t think there” winced Silver painfully trapped under the mare.

Vinyl got off Silver and helped him up slowly his left rear hoof had gone down the wrong way but hadn’t injured him otherwise he was fine until Soarin looked at Silver now noticing his tail had been burned. Soarin cracked a smile elbowed disc’s pointing a hoof at Silver tail the laughter from the two could be heard from Manehatten. Silver turned looked at the pair shook his head then walked out Vinyl grabbed a pair of dark violet shades lobed a few bits on the counter and galloped after him.

When Vinyl finally caught up with Silver, she spotted him talking to another mare a pretty white one with a red pink mane and rose cutie mark as they talked Silver laughed then he hugged her then walked into shop labeled sugar cube corner. Vinyl walked up to the mare and the mares smile disappeared as she rounded on Vinyl giving her a evil glare the first words out of her mouth were “stay away from Silver”.

“Why should I…?” Vinyl retorted bitterly

“Roseluck because he is mine were going on a date this afternoon and don’t think I don’t how hard you tried to get with him!”

“Who told you this Roseluck?”

“None other than are three witnesses! Pinkie, Discs, and Soarin” Rose Luck spat.

As the two began to mare began to insult each other the still oblivious Silver walked into sugar cube corner and upstairs into Pinkies room where she was having a cake for lunch. Silver had walked in time just perfectly to witness pinkie somehow eat the cake in one bite then bound over the table to hug him.

“Hey Silver have fun with your mare friend?” Pinkie said giggling as she released Silver

“Ha ha Pinkie very funny its worse than that I have two mares that both like me and can’t decide which one I like HELP ME PINKIE!” stated Silver grabbing Pinkie and shaking her.

“I’m your surrogate sister, not your romantic advisor” said Pinkie shrugging “though you might want to get out there and stop them,” she added.

“What? Why?” Silver asked as trotted over to the window "Oh buck” said Silver turned a little paler when he saw the two mare’s pushing each other yelling insults. He ran down the stairs trying to get out there to stop the two from hurting one another.

As Silver race outside the two mares had begun to get physical as Rose luck turned to buck Vinyl while Vinyl had raised her hooves to stomp Rose luck, Silver jumped between them taking both their attacks hard to each side of his ribs collapsing as he did so. Silver breathing shallowly watched both mares realize what they had done both raced off as another pony a, bright orange mare raced up to him as he slipped into unconsciousness grabbing him and pulling him into a cart full of shiny round red things.

Vinyl ran until she found Silvers old club where he taken care of her before and she sat down to cry she hatted herself she might have just injured the colt she cared for more than anypony else in Equestria.
___________________________________________________________________________________
Silver awoke in a barn laying in a pile of hay with two blurs looking over him both friends of his the orange one asked the red one “think he’s gonna be ok?” to which the big red one responded “eeyup”.

Silver shot up and looked around spotting his friend and classmate standing beside her brother and Silvers rival “Please don’t tell me that big Macintosh saved me Applejack” pleaded the injured Silver.

“No I hauled your sorry self out of the market and back here to mah farm” Said Applejack as she rounded on Silver angrily “What in tarnation did you to get two mares to beat you that badly? Sleep with them both maybe?”

“Sis be nice to the poor kid he’s got broken ribs and mare troubles” snickered Macintosh hitching himself up to the plow as he cantered out to the field to begin work on planting the new trees.

Silver pulled himself to stand beside Applejack “easy there sugar cube you done gone and broked ya ribs”

Applejack put a hoof on his shoulder and gave him a stern look “tell me what happened in town between that there new filly, you, and Roseluck”

Silver sighed “I don’t know AJ they were about to start fighting and I jumped between them to stop it… I think they may have been fighting over me”

“Wait... you didn’t do nothing but try’ in stop them from hurting one ‘nother I never thought I’d see the prince of pranks be noble” laughed Applejack at her friend.

Silver smiled at the mare “first time for everything AJ” then he grimaced with pain as it shot though his ribcage like a hot needles though flesh.

Applejack gave him a hoof and gently led him to the farmhouse Silver sighed as applejack laid him down on the couch “Hey AJ” Silver asked as she began to rummage around for in her bathroom for medical supplies.

“Yeah?” came the reply from the mare as Silver heard something fall in the bathroom “I’m okay” she called out.

“Applejack so right now two mares want to be with me but I’m not sure which one I like any advice?” he sighed than came a long pause from Applejack.

She came back out and began to wrap Silver ribs then she gave him a painkiller to help it stop hurting “I don’t know nothing ‘bout relationships Silver but I can tell you that this decision should be made from the heart and not by asking opinions of others sugar cube” She told him the patted his back. “Now let’s get you up”.

Silver pulled himself up and thanked Applejack then departed for the hospital a place he was too familiar with after several accidents in the forge, fights in school, homemade explosives, and the occasional burns from Forge.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Vinyl sighed as she walked towards the Ponyville schoolhouse to retrieve what she had brought with her from Canterlot School for the musically gifted. She thought about why she had left the stupid courses about ancient music that put pony’s to sleep. She had argued with her teachers about how this would help her as a DJ but they wouldn’t listen to her, she was part of a modern culture they would not except. So she did what she had to after they had tried to make her learn an instrument she transferred schools. Her parents were sitting happy in Manehattan after shipping their daughter off to Canterlot, well thanks to a forged note she was free.

As she trotted in the assistant teacher Cherilee looked over at her “Vinyl Scratch please come here” Cherilee told in her best listen to me voice.

Vinyl trotted over trying to think what she could have done wrong the rumors about her and Silver? The fight in town? What?

Cherilee looked down at the pitiful young mare in front of her, the little white mare looked so depressed and scared Cherilee had to hold herself back; she wanted to hug the little filly and tell her it would be alright. “Vinyl you weren’t at the school for us to assign a place to stay here in Ponyville ... tell me where were you at Friday and Saturday Vinyl?

Vinyl couldn’t stand it anymore she had to tell somepony even a complete stranger she broke down hugging Cherilee,

Vinyl began to cry into her coat’s startling her “I was exploring Ponyville when these two big colts started hassling me, I tried to get them to stop so they beat me in an alley”

Cherilee held the smaller mare “Its ok Vinyl tell me what happened” Cherilee told her as she rubbed Vinyl’s mane gently.

Vinyl spoke again in between sobs “But then there was this other colt he looked into alley and saw me without thinking charged in knocked those other two idiots over, then carried me to safety” She looked up at Cherilee more tears welling in her eyes behind her sun glasses.

Cherilee held her and rubbed her mane and coat trying to calm her ,tears neared Cherilee’s eyes as she listened to Vinyl’s tale “and who was this brave colt who saved you Vinyl?” Cherilee asked her thinking it was one of the bigger hoofball players like Tin or Roid Rage.

Vinyl looked up smiling wistfully at her blinking to clear tears “Silver Ore, Miss Cherilee” Vinyl stepped back still looking up at her teacher.

Cherilee had a look of shock and dismay on her face she had taught Silver as a student teacher in middle school and had him again in high school “You mean that bucking prankster saved you! He’s never been anything but trouble!” Cherilee looked down at the filly again to see a quite serious look on her face.

“He’s been nothing but be a gentle colt the entire time of been around him” Vinyl protested which gained even more shock from her teacher Vinyl had begun to wonder about Silver.

Cherilee simply let it go “What I needed to ask you Vinyl was where you have been staying your supposed to stay and come home with me.”

Vinyl looked down shyly scared to answer the question “I slept at Silvers house” she spoke feebly.

Cherilee looked as shocked as if Vinyl had exploded “did you um... sleep with him Vinyl?”

“No he didn’t even try to get in bed with me” said Vinyl blushing profusely still looking down at the floor-unable to look her teacher in the face.

Cherilee sighed “well I hope he was kind to you Vinyl however tonight you’re staying with me” she told Vinyl, Cherilee then grabbed her saddle bags and trotted out as Vinyl followed her out.

Silver trudged onward toward the hospital when he saw two pony’s leave the schoolhouse he knew the taller one was Cherilee he smiled and galloped ahead in the direction they were heading he reached into his bag and pulled out a Soarin specialty smoke bomb. Soarin made these things from clouds so it was more like think fog but it worked. Now Silver was doing this because he knew Cherilee never liked his study habits or his none existent work ethic also cause she fun to pick on, she was only 6 years older than Silver.

He set the timer on it for 6 seconds and through it out from his hiding place as the two passed him. He never saw Cherilee’s companion but he raced out and stood in front of the smoke cloud as it began to clear he heard Cherilee yell “SILVER ORE!”

Soarin who had been flying above yelled down at Silver “run dude she’s gonna kill you” Disc’s who had just walked out of the store witnessed this as did most everpony in the market.

Cherilee stepped out of the smoke fuming at Silver who stood there smiling “Hi miss Cherilee how are you today? Enjoying the three day weekend?” Vinyl hid in the smoke watching Silver and Cherilee wanting to see what would happen.

“Silver you are worst student I have ever taught or ever will teach your going to town hall to find out the punishment for homemade weapons!” Shouted Cherilee as Silver sat there smiling.

“Miss Cherilee I have a question for you” Said Silver smugly

“What Silver?” She said now looking around cautiously

“Do you know what diversionary tactics are?” Asked Silver before jumping to the right as Disc’s who had seen the commotion grabbed a stink bomb from inside his shop then snuck around an angry Cherilee and rolled it in between Silver and Cherilee. When it went off Silver, Disc’s, and Soarin all headed toward different parts of town Vinyl followed Silver as he headed towards the hospital a hoof clutching his ribs as the pain killer began to where off.

Silver limped into the hospital the nurse laughed “Back again Silver!? what ya break this time?” She said as Silver slipped inside Vinyl watched from a nearby window.

Silver answered obviously in pain “My ribs are broken on both sides and my heart might be broken to Red heart,” Silver answered as he collapsed to the floor unable to move. The nurse quickly moved to Silver yelling for a doctor.

“Silver have you been moving around a lot or galloping quickly since you broke them?” Red heart asked him in a serious tone he smiled up at her “maybe” he coughed “you know me I’m young and stupid” He told her before passing out from pain.

Vinyl darted from the window and went inside to see Silver being carried away by a couple of doctors towards ER she tried to follow but the nurse stopped her “I’ve never seen you before but I have feeling you know something about Silver’s condition.”

Vinyl shrunk back a little scared of the nurse “I do know what happened... me and Roseluck broke his ribs on accident he jumped between us when we were about to hit each other.”

Red heart gave her a stern look “Listen Silver isn’t the most popular colt in town but he’s a good pony and nice guy he just likes to make trouble.... all the time still try not hurt him.” Red heart sighed “you can wait until Silver taken care of then go see him if you like.”

Vinyl walked back to Cherilee to see her still fuming in the market yelling at the two pegasi who lay up on a cloud laughing. Cherilee stormed off towards her home with Vinyl in tow as the pegasi colts laughed and hoof bumped as Cherilee went up to her room and Vinyl made herself comfy on the couch she sighed and laid her head down on the couch and closed her eyes.

Author's Note:

I have gone through a lot of editors and I'm really out of options sorry to everbody who enjoys reading but the part will be comming out pretty slow.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment