• Published 16th Jan 2013
  • 422 Views, 0 Comments

Rusted Cogs and Lost Souls - voiddragon



This is the tale of Thomas Calhoun and Gareit Jax on there quest to find a way out Equestria as dark gods move in to consume it in CHAOS.

  • ...
 0
 422

"Guests"(2)

Rusted Cogs and Lost Souls.
By Voiddragon
CHAPTER 2
"Guests"

_________________(Red)_____________________

Hi. My name is, well everybody just calls me Red. You see I am a crimson furred, and white feathered female griffin with hazel eyes, I also have a wee bit of a temper problem. I got my name because my pony parents were not the most... creative bunch. Thats right, my parents were ponies (wadda are you gonna do about it). My real parents were killed by slavers, and I was rescued, and adopted by an airship captain, and his wife, who could not have kids. Saaad, I know. (Lucky for me though.) But that’s not the here, or now. You see I was betrayed by the very company my father helped create. The moooost powerful trading company of all time, The East Equestrian trading company. They then sold me, their best airship captain, to some diamond dog slavers, because I found out about those fuckers’ less “legal” ventures like their weapons smuggling operations, or slave ring. So here I am, mining gems so that these damn dogs will not starve. Fuck them too.



“Work faster you mangy birds, or I am gonna have to whip you.” Screamed the slave master.

“YES SIR.” We all screamed.

‘I Hate this, I HATE HOW I HAVE TO BREAK MY BACK, just so some mangy mutts can eat, while we starve. Worst of all are the disappearances, for it is well known that the alpha has forbidden eating slave or unnecessary beatings.’

“So what’s for dinner tonight?” I ask my Cyrus who is right next to me.

“Don’t know, but most likely gruel again.” He answers

“I,m sick of gruel.” I complain.

“STOP YOUR COMPLAINING, YOU LOT ARE LUCKY YOU EVEN GET TO EAT TONIGHT.” the Master screams at me, and my mate next to me.”SO BACK TO WORK.”

And work we did. In the massive cavern we worked, digging up rocks, and other materials looking for some gems so are masters can eat. For you see the diamond dogs here live primarily off of gemstones, but the mines have been running more, and more dry. So in their desperation they resorted to slavery to help mine out the mountain to find more food. One day I am gonna break out of here, and kill those who put me in here in the first place. Then come back and kill these guys too.

While we worked our picks fell into rhythm, and soon we were singing some strange song.

“Knock your singing off. It’s annoying.” The master screamed, but we kept singing anyway just to annoy him. “Alright, that is it.” with that he started to whip anyone near him causing many to start to bleed, and cry out in pain. Many of those wounds will not heal fully, leaving vicious scars. But even so we kept singing as a form of silent rebellion.

“Raul stop your senseless violence, singing is not a rebellion. They were working more efficiently while they sang, or do you need to go without dinner.” spoke up the overseer. While Raul looked like he was about to argue, but he quickly dropped it, and said.

“Sorry overseer. Now everybody back to work.” And with that, the overseer walked off to go take care of some other work.

“Glad the overseer came here, that could have gotten ugly.” whispers my mate.

After that the rest of the day was uneventful. So me, and my mate Cyrus went to eat dinner, and go to bed. But In the middle of the night, I was awoken by a screech. That screech could only belong to one person.

“Cyrus, what's.....” and at the sight of the problem the words died on my tongue, four large diamond dogs wearing black robes, with a strange symbol painted in a dark red substance. The symbol looked like a compass rose with an eye in the middle. They were binding, and gagging Cyrus.

“Crap, the other awakens. Chosen what do we do?” spoke one of the diamond dogs.

“Bind her too, Khorne can never have enough skulls, and blood.” Spoke the largest of the dogs.

With that I screeched, and tried to get as far as I could. Unfortunately I was in a small cell with my mate, and only got as far back as the wall. So all I could do was scream, and scratch at them with my talons, but it was futile they overwhelmed me, and knocked me unconscious anyway.


(Gereit)

“So how did you do that?” I asked.

“I don’t know, I heard a mechanical voice in my head then blam chamethrawer, and dead deamon.” Responds Thomas

“Voices in your head hmm, you might want to get that checked out. Never is a good sign you know.” I said sarcastically.

“I am serious about the voices in my head.” he yelled at me.

“Right, you have some “magic” voices in your head. That is insane my friend.” I sate with a matter of fact face. After that he just sat down looked at me, and said.

“WE ARE IN EQUESTRIA, and you are doubting the fact that I have helpful mechanical voices in my head. You are a griffin, and I am a tech-priest buffalo. Plus we were attacked by a bloodletter. I do believe anything is possible now.”

“Better?” I ask.

“Yes, I think so. Why do you not believe me?” Thom asked.

“Now that I think about it, it’s not that crazy, just out of the ordinary.” I say.

“Thank you, I sort of feel like I am losing my mind.” He says.

“You are not alone. Now lets get out of here.” I say.

so we started walking down a very boring path, then we hear some grunting, and what sounds like something getting dragged. Up ahead we see a light coming around a corner. So Thomas, and I quickly find a niche in the wall, and hide. What we see appear to be cultists, with the mark of chaos on their robes dragging two griffins. Once they passed, I told Thomas.

“Lets go after them, cause I have a feeling that whatever they plan for those griffins, will not end well.” Thomas stops, and looks like he is thinking about it, then he says.

“Agreed, let’s follow, and find out what they plan,” he says.

So we followed them we stayed hidden the best we could, but a few times we almost lost them. But thankfully the griffins left a convenient trail of feathers, and fur to follow. What we almost stumbled into scared me. It was a huge room filled with cultist and a giant altar to, what appeared to be Khorne.

“Damn it, that does not look good.” I say.

“Now what?” Whispered Thomas.

“After I make my distraction, you free the captives. OK?” I tell him.

“What's your distraction gonna be?” Thomas asks, with a hint of a death glare.

“Oh trust me you’ll know.” I say with a big grin.

And with that I snuck off into the dark, and dank cavern, that has a strong smell of blood. While I was sneaking I hear a scream of pain and a cry of anguish.

“AAAAAAAAAA” From the griffin on the altar.

“Cyrus NOOOOOOOOO.” From the griffin on the floor.

I then hear the sound of a heavy load, that must be the body dropping, and making a thunk sound then the head cultist says “bring the next sacrifice.”

not on my watch.’ With that I was finally able to get behind him, and ready my saber for major impalement, and so I stabbed the bastard in the heart with my sword, while screaming.

“DIE YOU DIRTY HERETICS.”

And that was the signal. For while the priest was too busy dropping the sacrificial dagger, and bleeding out. Thomas rushed in, while I kept the cultists busy by killing them, and stopping their pitiful attempts at resistance.


_________(Thomas)________


I rushed in, and immediately used my laser cutter to burn off the ropes binding her, I think it’s a her. After that she rushed over to the body of the dead griffin, and immediately started to cradle it while crying.

“Why, WHY, WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS. DAMN YOU EAST EQUESTRIA TRADING COMPANY, AND DAMN YOU STUPID DOGS.” After that she just kept cuddling the cooling corpse of, what appeared to be her lover, while crying.

“Get a hold of yourself, do you want his death to be meaningless? If not then get up, and come with me. My friend can only hold them off for so long.” I told her.

“But...”

“No buts do you wanna avenge his death or not?” I tell her, while I hear a cry of pain from Gereit, and the death scream of some poor cultist. “Poor dog, no one deserves a pissed Gereit after them. Not even Khornate cultist."

“OK I’ll come with you. To avenge Cyrus.” She tells me.

“Thank you, now lets hurry.” I say, and with that we take off running.

“GEREIT TIME TO GO.” I scream at him.

“But I am having so much fun.” and with that he cut a diamond dogs muzzle off horizontally, causing blood to spray all over his face. I see him liking some of it and saying.

“OOOOO to walk on the blood stained ground.”

“Thats it, you're coming with me,” and with that I grab him, and put him on my back.

“Put me down, I am totally capable of killing them all by myself.” He tells me.

“I don’t care we are gonna run.” I tell him, while he start to pout about not being able to murder some cultist. It probably has something to do with the fact that they committed one of his ultimate sins, “thou shalt not commit human sacrifices”. You see, these things are the stuff that really piss him off. Like “thou shalt not harm a child”, or “Thou shalt not threaten my family or friends.” Doing this is stupid by itself, what's worst is they did it in front of him.

So while we were running for what felt like hours until, we heard the sound of heavily armored soldiers Charging toward us.

“Great just great, now what.” I complained.

When they round the corner, they yelled.

“HALT IDENTIFY YOURSELVES, AND...” With that they saw the massive amount of chaos cultists charging us. “DEATH TO TRAITORS.” Screamed the captain.

And with that Gereit went “Woohoo, lets kill them all.”. And with that a battle started cultist on one side, and us with the guard on the other. It was unsurprisingly short a few guards men died, but that was it on our side, while all of the cultist were seemingly dead, or screaming as they gave into their wounds.

“Thank you for your assistance, now lay down your armaments, and come with me. The alpha will want to meet you.” And after saying this a, SHIT TON OF SPEARS WERE AIMED AT OUR THROATS.

“ O come on. Ok Gereit drop the sword.” I tell Gereit.

“You gotta be fucking kidding me, all right here.” With that Gereit drops his sword, and pushes it to the captain who quickly picks it up.

“You four gather the bodies, and find out who they were. While you two come with me, and our “Guest”.”

“Here we go again” I mumble.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment