• Published 28th Dec 2012
  • 956 Views, 33 Comments

Time's Up - Tibbles



Discord has really messed up physics this time, and brought a few characters from a demolished world with him. Now Finn and Jake must figure out how to defeat Discord, or be stuck in a technicolor pony world forever.

  • ...
2
 33
 956

The True Beginning

"Jake, could you pass me the cold spaghetti?"

"Sure man. Hold on a second."

Finn the Last Human and Jake the Magic Dog were two of the Land of Ooo's most well-known residents, usually for their mathematical abilities in adventuring and exploration. They were known to some as heroes and to some scourges. Finn's insatiable desire to destroy all evil made him an excellent choice to be someone of his own caliber, while Jake the Dog was more worldly and talented in many aspects, whether it be his incredible way of playing his prized viola he scavenged from the Junk Kingdom (He thoroughly sterilized and fixed it up with the help of Shelby the Worm), or his incredible ability to stretch, grow, and warp his pliable, yellow-fur-covered skin to wondrous shapes and sizes whether it being his neck stretching into a giant harmonica, or even moving his face all around his body.

Finn was thirteen and actually went through the first stage of puberty already (voice deepening and muscular inflation), and is quite adept at physical challenges. He has an insane endurance rate, and is hyperactive enough to even be diagnosed with ADHD if it existed anymore. In fact, a certain villain known only as the Grand Master of the Gnomes even kidnapped him in order to power a machine that would eventually flip the planet's crust upside-down. Finn was well versed in the workings of most of the Kingdoms of Ooo, and usually only thinks completely straight while under pressure. He has had two major crushes in his life, one of which he is still trying to get over, the other he is still exploring. Finn usually has a tendency to feel odd after thinking about his distant past in which he as a baby was abandoned in the woods and was taken in by a family of sentient dogs, Jake being his somewhat big brother.

Jake is twenty-six in magic dog years, and has a very complex system for figuring it out. Jake used to be an "accidental thief" when he was quite young. He didn't know of many things, and didn't know the moral wrongdoings of his actions. Jake also has a very consistent relationship with his girlfriend Lady Rainicorn. A rainicorn is a rare breeding of a unicorn and a rainbow, and now there are enough of them that they are able to reproduce by themselves. LR is a very deep thinker, and also loves to play the viola. She only speaks in a dead language known as "Mandarin", and very few beings in the universe can understand it. Finn cannot understand her and Jake must fill in the blanks. LR has a very good sisterly bond with Princess Bubblegum, ruler of the Candy Kingdom and Finn's first crush.

Princess Bubblegum is a renowned scientist and is extremely analytical. She could be called a human-gum bio-hybrid but in reality is all bubblegum. She is able to separate objects at a mollecular level and can genetically engineer new life from DNA given to her by the denizens of the Candy Kingdom, herself, or other people. She is nineteen and is one of the top 4 most powerful (as in government power) people in Ooo, under only the Flame King, and Marceline the Vampire Queen. The most powerful figure under her standing in the Land of Ooo is known as the Ice King. She is incredibly dependent on science and magic, and would never have risen to power without them.

Each one of these people are incredibly important people in the land of Ooo, and nothing could topple the power they achieved.

Except the Lich.

The Lich was an ancient demon that had once lived on Earth before the Great Mushroom War, and found a way to destroy it. Using his powers, he corrupted the government of the United States to destroy most of the population of Earth by bombing the surface of Earth with hydrogen bombs, and having Russia completely obliterate the continents of Asia and Europe with a bomb so powerful, it completely destroyed a fifth of the planet's mass, and flooding almost the entire world.The Lich was incredibly powerful in mind and spirit, and was able to control anyone's mind if they did not have the proper magic barrier to protect themselves. The Lich was most likely the most powerful individual in the Solar System, even more so than the King of Mars, Abraham. The Lich was defeated by the two heroes Finn and Jake with the help of the Time God Prismo, and nearly eradicated him entirely.

Nearly.

"Here you go man," Jake said, handing Finn the plate of spaghetti

"Thanks Jake." They were eating lunch early in the day because they had been invited over to the Candy Kingdom for a meeting. The letter seemed to be of a more friendly importance, so they didn't feel too rushed. It was a little unusual for the Princess to send them a letter about coming over for a meeting, as PB can just fly over to the Tree Fort on her giant Swan or the supersonic Morrow Bird. Whatever the situation, it was not typical. The letter, however, only said she needed to discuss some things about things... Very specific indeed.

"Hey Jake?" Finn said.

"Yeah Finn?" Jake replied.

"What do you think this meeting is about, anyway? That letter was pretty vague about what PB needs to say. Why didn't she just come here to tell us?"

Jake took a bite of the sandwich. "I don't know, maybe it's a formal event. You think you still have your tuxedo from that mansion prank you tried to pull? You might wanna bring that just in case, but leave the wolf mask here." Jake said most of this with his mouth full of sandwich remains.

Finn mulled it over quickly in his head. "I guess that could be it," Finn slurped down a strand of spaghetti. "I'll go look for it after we finish eating. Beemo, do you need some stuff for in-between your sandwich?"

Beemo looked up from eating his two slices of bread. "No thank you. My circuitry cannot process anything other than carbohydrates and certain parts of motherboards." Beemo also said most of this with a full mouth. Jake looked unconvinced, however.

"I don't think so," Jake said uncertainly, "I saw you down a whole bag of warm hotdog water once." Beemo's eyes widened slightly at this, but he said nothing. His face eventually furrowed and he left his chair, walking away in a huff with purpose.

"What was that about?" Finn inquired.

"How would I know? He's Beemo, he's always doing weird things, remember when he was talking to his reflection and calling it Football or something?"

"That's true," Finn said, his head turning towards where the walking Gameboy stormed off to.


The trip to the Candy Kingdom was rather uneventful, as was the quick trip through the Kingdom's town to get to the castle. Jake stretched his legs back into the small, rather unimpressive spindly arms he was accustomed to, as Finn slid off his back. Jake reached an earlobe up to the relatively high knocker and banged on the candy-wood door twice. A small latch on the door's exterior opened up, showing only the eyes of someone inside. The latch slid shut once more and the large doors opened, revealing Princess Bubblegum in her usual wear and crown.

"Ah! Finn and Jake, please come insid--wait, Finn, why are you wearing a tuxedo?"

Finn looked down at his formal attire. "Oh, I wasn't supposed to wear this? Jake and i thought this might've been a formal event, so I brought this." Finn was incredibly embarrassed. He should've brought his adventuring pack with him, he always kept some spare clothes in there.

"Fair enough. Come inside, I need to talk to you two," PB said, turning around. The dynamic duo slowly followed her inside. They passed several rooms in silence until they came upon a familiar sight, the lab. PB opened the door and ushered the two inside. She locked the door behind her, and Finn started getting nervous, Jake as well."You must be wondering why I called you two here with such an odd note."

"Actually," Jake interrupted,"We're more concerned to why you locked the door."

"I don't want people to burst in here while we get down to business, do I?"

Finn's face got a little red at this.

"This is an important thing I must tell you, and it must be met with extreme secrecy. In fact, we won't even be talking, everything we will be saying will not be able to be heard by even ourselves. Everything will be written down on this holo-screen." At this point a large green screen with four green styluses and a few erasers rose from the floor, along with three pillars stationed near each one of the doors. The pillars hummed for a moment, the the hum immediately ceased.

"Princess, wha--" Finn started to say, but stopped because he couldn't hear anything he said. PB picked up a stylus and wrote on the board. it read:

'You cannot hear anything because we are surrounded by dumb holes.'

Jake immediately tried to say something, but it could not be heard. He picked up a stylus and wrote on the board, 'I resent that!!' PB shook her head and wrote some more.

'No, silly. A dumb hole is a black hole for sound, sound actually gets sucked into them. Dumb hole is their actual name. I use these whenever i must deliver a gravely important message that cannot be heard by anyone.'

Finn picked up a stylus as well, 'So what's the message?'

Pb hesitated, but wrote up on the holo-screen; 'There are some people in Ooo who have gone missing.' Finn and Jake's faces darkened at the revelation, but she continued writing. 'The ones I know that are gone are Lumpy Space Princess, my Peppermint Butler, Marceline, The Ice King, and Lady Rainicorn and Flame Princess.' The duo looked shocked, the very idea of their very own honey-boos getting hijacked just rocked their world. Finn immediately started scribbling an almost incoherent message on the board because of the horrible writing that came from his haste.

'Then what the zip are we doing here?! I have to find FP!' Jake took notice of this and scribbled as well.

'Lady is probably scared! She's all alone, I have to be there for her. She's my girlfriend for Glob's sake!' The Princess uttered an unheard sigh, but she went on anyway.

'There is another reason you're here. I've picked up strange signals coming from the Well of Loss.'

'Well of Loss?' Finn wrote.

'It's the pool I fell in when you defeated the Lich, but about a day ago, I got some strange energy feedback coming from the Well. It is incredibly close to the Lich's magic energy signature, but it is just slightly off. I don't think it is the Lich, since you two defeated him after the run-in with Prismo, but we can't be sure. The disappearances and the signals from the Well may be connected. That's where you two come in.'

Finn seemed to understand what to do, but Jake still needed a run-by again. 'So what are we supposed to do, Princess?'

Princess Bubblegum looked surprised, and faltered for a moment, but she continued. 'Just wait here, I need to get something for you guys.' After writing this, PB walked out of the room very quietly (It would have been really quiet anyway if there was any sound), and returned a few moments later holding three devices, two of which looked identical. She handed the heroes the two identical devices, and set the other on a table beside her. The Princess looked at the screen and saw it to be completely covered in writing. She picked up a holo-eraser and wiped down the screen. She then took another stylus and continued. 'I need you two to go to a few sites with these devices. Each one of the sites are where the disappeared people were seen last. If the signals from the Well of Loss are connected, then the energy signature at those places should match those at the Well.'

Finn now understood what needed to be done, as he'd been thinking out the situation quite thoroughly (His girlfriend was missing, it doesn't get more pressure-ful than that) during the run-by. Somehow, the devices the Princess gave them would probably transfer some scientific data from the places their friends disappeared to the device PB was carrying. It would be very simple, actually. His thoughts were proven correct after PB gave them a much more elongated lesson on how it all worked. Jake, of course, zoned out and would have to be re-taught by Finn later.

After the explanation of the mission, the Princess handed them a holo-crystal with the locations of where each mission person was last seen. Some were actually viewed when they had disappeared, through a strange gate in the air. The details were surprisingly hazy, but the locations were dead-on. After explaining in another unnecessarily long spiel, PB turned off the dumb holes, and sound returned. The sensation of hearing after you have basically gone deaf is indescribable in all ways excepting the fact that it's like you don't notice how much background noise there is in the world, and having it return is as if a wave of sound just impounds the eardrum.

"You can count on us, Bubblegum. This should be easy anyway," Finn reassured, "C'mon Jake, let's head to the Tree Fort, I think I left some stuff that may help us."

"Got it dude, see ya Bubblegum," Jake waved goodbye as Finn started walking out the door. "We'll be back before you can say... uh.. jellybeans jump... jealously... yeah. We'll be back before you say that 57 times fast! Yeah! Let's go Finn!" Jake bombastically exclaimed. The Princess, however, didn't seem to be too happy sending them off like that..


The wooden door squeaked open as the two heroes walked in, chatting to themselves while playing a game of Infinite Questions. Jake was winning time after time, and Finn was getting tired of playing.

"Come on Jake, Meat-Man's right arm? How was I supposed to figure that out? And really, what kind of man-made object is Mom? That doesn't even make sense! This game is bree-balls."

"Hey man, don't sass my Infinite Questioning skills, I spent two weeks honing them when you went on that missionary quest to save the Kitten Kingdom. You took a long time man! I only had Beemo to keep me company. At least he taught me this game, but I'm nothing compared to him, he's awesome at it! By the way, where is he?" Jake looked around, searching for the walking Gameboy.

"Yeah, I haven't seen him either... Beemo! Beemo, where are you, buddy?" Finn called out. "Beemo! Jake, what do you think happened to him? We just saw him this morning."

"Maybe he's in the bathroom talking to the mirror again." Jake reasoned.

"I don't think so, he would've said he was on the toilet at least. Whatever, I'm gonna go and find my pack. You keep looking for Beemo. If you can't find him, we'll look for him later, we've gotta head to the first disappearance scene!" Finn started climbing the ladder to their room.

"Sounds like a plan." Jake started searching for Beemo. He looked in only a few places (the bathroom and the treasure room) before he heard Finn call down from their room.

"Jake, where's Dad's sword, and where's my bronze one? I can't find either of them." Jake didn't like the sound of that.

"What? Both of your swords are gone?"

"Yeah man, I can't find either of them. My pack is on my bed, but both swords are gone. Dad's sword isn't on the pack, and my old bronze one isn't in our keepsake box. This doesn't seem good Jake." Jake stretched his head up to the room.

"No, it is not, and I can't find Beemo either. Maybe he took them somewhere to mess with us?"

"That doesn't make any sense either, he was never the pranking type."

"Oh, but I am." A quite familiar voice (Yet somehow slightly off) said gruffly and menacingly behind the two. Finn and Jake's head spun around to meet the new voice, and what they found did not help their dilemma.

"IT'S THE LICH, JAKE!" Finn exclaimed, his voice trying to hit a higher octave, failing, and cracking slightly.

"Wait, what? You've seen me before?" The Lich said, confused slightly.

"Of course we have!" Jake butted in, "We defeated you on Prismo's Time Cube! You should be gone!"

"I have never seen you two before today, but no matter, I need you two to do something, and you can't refuse my offer for you two to do it." The 'Lich' said to the two heroes, as a large cosmic-black hand grabbed them both and held them tightly. "You two are coming with me as well." A large circle appeared before the three oddball characters, and the 'Lich' jumped in, along with the cosmic hand tossing the two heroes into the hole. Both the hand and the portal started dissolving as Finn, Jake and the 'Lich' flew through countless dimentions and the spaces between them.

Author's Note:

Alright, everyone. I'm so sorry at how long it took me to get this relatively short chapter typed up and published. Life just got up and slapped me across the face for a while there, and I cannot believe that it took me until three days after Christmas to get this set up. Sorry everyone. Here's the next chapter in Time's Up.

Comments ( 32 )

i DONT CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT MOOOOOOORE CHAPTERS!!!!!!!!!! :twilightangry2:
:trollestia::trollestia::trollestia::trollestia:

Not lazy, just away from a true keyboard. My writing is slow, and I can't write on a tablet, as I can't scroll down. Forgive me, and I'll tell you weird facts that few people know.

I READ THIS TWO WEEKS AGO! GIVE MEH MORE FIRETRUCKING CHAPTERS OR I WILL HIDE IN YOUR BED AND HAVE BARNEY BITE YOUR FRIGGIN BUTTCHEEK OFF! I DO NOT LIE I JUST THREATEN PEOPLE WHO ARE LAZY! :twilightangry2::twilightangry2::twilightangry2::trollestia::twilightangry2::twilightangry2::twilightangry2:

Comment posted by Tibbles deleted Jan 12th, 2013

1945125>>1945125>>1945011 Not lazy, just not near a nice computer. Tablets suck for writing, I can never scroll down. Forgive me, and I'll tell you weird facts of the world.

1945011 As an unwelcome example, by trying to revise my comment, I replied to myself twice. Sometimes fingers suck, I wish they'd give working styluses (styli?) for tablets.

1871208 EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!!!! :twilightangry2: A GOOD STORY DOES NOT STOP SIMPLY IN THE CENTER! AND IF YOU CAN NOT SCROLL DOWN HOW CAN YOU COMMENT AND REPLY!

1945159 Tablets suck and excuse me for my yelling in previous comments :fluttershbad:
anyway so sorry for the whole ordeal
it was that time of the month for me :rainbowlaugh:

1945177 ERMAGERD! ER GERL! :trollestia:

I meant the little writing box where you actually write the story doesn't scroll down. I agree, tablets suck and I'm a closet brony, so... the computer is usually out of my range. I may actually have luck tonight as I may have access to my mother's laptop. Just remember this, the next chapter will not be posted tonight, that is a fact, not a prediction.

I'm still learning to type however as the hunt and peck method used to work great, but now that I have an actual novel in the works and this, it wasn't going so well. :twilightsheepish:

Oh, do you want a small spoiler for the next chapter?

1945249 SPOILERS ARE AWSOME! Go on......:eeyup::twilightsmile:

1945412 Discord isn't the only one of his kind. There are others littered throughout the different multiverses. This is actually a relatively small spoiler as I mentioned Discord's brother, Demolition, in the first chapter. And truth be told, Discord is not very powerful compared to his family..

I'm also thinking of making another crossover fic, but as a music crossover with the song Handelbars by the band Flobots. It will be good.

1945504 yay :yay:
hopefully when the next chapter comes out i wont have blood coming from my
yeah not gonna finish the sentence, there are kids on this website :rainbowlaugh::twilightsheepish:

1945531 Kids? Pfft. Screw them (I'm not a pedophile, I'm serious). I'm bored, wanna flame war over something that doesn't really need to be?

1945566 Since you're a girl..

Women have better lives than men now.

Think about it, right now, it's only sexist when men do it, and girls actually get to be creative when picking out clothes. Especially for formal occasions.

All men get to do is find a tux that doesn't make you sweat.

It's always guys that have to go after the girl, not the other way around.

Girls are more wordly, and have better communication skills.

You can multitask better than us.

Guys have, you know, a sensitive... oh screw it we have balls of glass.

Girls almost always have better 'fun time' with guys, as they can go multiple times in a row.

The only good things men have left now are (usually) superior strength and analytic reasoning. That's why you never see women in movies making immoral choices.

GIRLS HAVE THE WEAPON OF FLEXIBILITY AND LONG FINGERNAILS.

Our lives suck.

1945628 i get this alot
its not only men
remember when you were a kid and the girls had this little fort where boys were not allowed and they did girly shit like paint thier nail
yeah thats sexism
although what you say could be debated on TV i just dun give a rats ass
and with the cloths its a damn curse i say! simple men where tuxes nowadays and girls have closets full od clothes to choose from
my little sister got lost in my older sister's first closet when she was cleaning it! I can't get up in the morning without saying to her "DONT GO IN THE CLOSET OR YOULL DIE BECAUSE I'LL SECRETLY FEED YOU JELLYFISH!" i have to wake up an hour before i have to get ready just pick out my clothes! :twilightangry2: the days for me are frustrating

1945871 oh and im no good at communication other than typing cuz ppl dun see my face :twilightsmile:

1945875 Okay. The flame war is over. You took too long, and I am tired as :ajsleepy:

Wasn't that fun?

1945906 yash :yay:
i feel like drinking monster energy and spending all night watching pinkie pie

1945906 FLAME WAR!? Dammit I missed it again!

CRAZY SHIPPING POWERS ACTIVATE. I CALL UPON FINN SHIPPED WITH DISCORD. TAKE THAT!

1961651 Yeeeaaaahhhh... That's not gonna happen. The shipping is mostly put in there as a bit of a comedic moment while Finn's face turns red and he shies away thinking 'that's so gross!' While the two unnamed ponies make out in front of him. I never said this story wasn't without comedy did I? Just wait untill the fun part with PB and Pinkie Pie.. :rainbowlaugh:

Shipping knows no bounds.

Also visit my crazy shipping YouTube channel. D3cartoons. Naw it's not crazy shipping just bronies and fathers.

1962048 SPAMMER!! :raritydespair::twilightangry2::flutterrage::rainbowwild::pinkiesick:

Heh.. yeah.

This review is brought to you on behalf of the group: Authors Helping Authors

Name of Story: The True Beginning

Grammar score out of 10: 9 no serious grammar errors I noticed.

Pros: It has a unique idea of crossing over Adventure Time with MLP. Is has Discord in it and he's a favorite of mine. It has potential to be a real good story.

Cons: The Royal Sister are not twins, in MLP cannon Luna is younger than Celestia, even before her banishment. Beemo is not a walking gameboy. The first chapter seemed a tad wordy, but has since gotten better.

Notes: You have a unique idea of a Crossover that doesn't cross into the totally absurd and a good reason for the Crossover. The story like I said has potential to be very good, the key is taking your time. The cons aren't that bad I'm just big on cannon and had a tough time finding bad things. It got alittle drawn out in the second chapter but kept us interested enough to keep us reading.

Enjoy your review! Please help me out by looking at my story: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/58543/chrysalis-revenge

Thanks and keep up the good work!

2013541 Alrighty. I shall fix the thing about the twins and the 'walking gameboy' was only because I couldn't think of any other word that would fit there. Expect a review sometime soon on your story. And, if you could, if you send me the URL, could you please make it a hyperlink? I'm on a tablet, so I can't really copy and past the address.

Again, thanks, and you can expect a review quite soon.

Login or register to comment