• Published 25th Dec 2012
  • 6,865 Views, 552 Comments

Paper Mario: The Land of Harmony - Blade Squall



Mario & friends travel to Equestria for a vacation. Unfortunately, bad stuff happens. Now, Mario, Spike, and six new heroes have to save the Elements of Harmony... and Peach. Oh, and everything's made of paper. Have fun!

  • ...
10
 552
 6,865

Intro Part 3

Canterlot

As the tiny Dragon led him through the streets of Canterlot, Mario still could not believe this scenario. Spike was a Dragon Of the creatures Mario had encountered throughout his adventures, Spike had to be a Dragon. Whenever Dragons were ever involved, organic or artificial, usually they attempted to… well, kill him, to put it bluntly.

Hooktail, the Dragon that tormented the citizens of Petalburg for what Mario could only assume to be over a millennium, came to mind in an instant. The amount of Koopa Troopa skeletons littering the lower levels of her castle just screamed of his- er, HER ruthlessness. What made it worse was that many of those corpses became Dull Bones and attacked him- whether to defend Hooktail or doom him to their fate, he never knew. She also was revealed to be absolutely pathetic with trying to get her victims to drop their guard through tricks and lies so she could eat them, if the stories were true and how she tried to trick HIM with her words. But what made her worse than any of the other Dragons he would later encounter in his journey is how Mario and his team were followed by several innocent bystanders and Hooktail, in an attempt to get her strength back, ate half of those civilians. There had to have been at least ten innocent lives ended in an instant just because she couldn’t take him in a fight. Not even her brother Gloomtail (who Mario had to admit was only better due to the fact that he had an excuse to try to eat him) ever showed such vile tactics. Never has Mario before that instant seen such a disgusting display.

That experience alone made Mario worry about the peaceful ponies that lived around the town, who seemed to just ignore the Dragon walking among them. In fact, Mario could have sworn a mare or two actually WAVED to Spike, who waved back.

“Hey, Mario?” Spike’s voice interrupted the plumber’s thoughts, snapping him back to the present. “Are you okay? Don’t get me wrong, but you don’t talk a whole lot.”

“Huh? Oh... sorry, I’m a little distracted,” Mario apologized. Looking around, Mario noticed how beautiful the town really was. It was really white and shiny. Also, the city was huge. He could have sworn he walked the length of Toad Town’s shopping district twice over. Maybe it was a good idea to have Spike near him. The Dragon knew his way around the town with no signs of getting lost.

“Hey, Spike,” Mario questioned. “How do you know where to go, here?”

“Oh, that?” Spike asked. “Well, Twilight hatched me here with her magic, and this is where I grew up. A lot of ponies here in Canterlot know who I am, and by extension Twilight. You remember Twilight, right? Purple Unicorn?” Mario blinked as he remembered Twilight Sparkle, who managed to levitate all of their bags without breaking a sweat. The fact that she managed to hatch a Dragon was simply impressive.

“Wow, really?”

“Really,” Spike smirked. “Also, you met the others, I believe.”

“So, you know all five of the other ponies she was with, too?” Mario asked.

“Yeah!” Spike grinned. “Well, for starters, there’s Applejack… she’s an apple farmer, and is an amazing athlete. Then, there’s Rainbow Dash. She’s super fast, brave, and an amazing flier. Fluttershy, though, well, she’s a Pegasus afraid of heights. That’s strange, but she makes up for it with her skill with animals and love for them. Pinkie Pie, though, she’s usually super excited and fun-loving. If you guys first came to Ponyville, she’d throw you a party right as soon as you stepped in the town. And then there’s….” Spike sighed in an affectionate manner that surprised Mario. “Rarity….”

“The white pony, right?” Mario asked, curious about where the Dragon next to him was going with this.

“Yeah… isn’t she the most beautiful creature you’ve ever laid eyes on…?” Mario blinked in surprise at the Dragon’s words, and noticed the love struck look on Spike’s face. Mario connected the dots right away.

“Do you have a crush on her?” the plumber asked. Spike nervously rubbed his neck.

“Uh… I don’t know what you’re talking about…” Spike lied, his purple cheeks suddenly dyed a shade of bright pink. “Anyways, she’s a skilled dressmaker… and is rather sweet.”

Mario did not know whether to chuckle in slight amusement or be concerned. A Dragon was in love with a pony. Well, he was probably a kid by Dragon and even pony standards, so it was sort of adorable. However, Mario knew that big things came in small packages… and Spike was one tiny package.

“Hey, we’re here!” Spike announced, looking up. Mario looked up to see the giant castle that put Peach’s to shame. Like every other building in Canterlot, the castle was bright white. However, Mario upon looking up could notice on one of the many towers stained glass windows which depicted several things. The six ponies who greeted Mario before were depicted defeating a sinister-looking Alicorn. Another showed them facing a monster that looked like someone took a bunch of animals and connected them together on one body. Also, a Dragon that looked like Spike was holding a crystalline gem in the shape of a heart. Mario did not wish to ask about the windows, not sure where to begin.

Spike noticed Mario’s gaze, and said, “I take it nopony here told you the reason why Twilight was asked to greet you all? You see, Twilight and our friends are what you’d call ‘heroines’ here in Equestria. They may look like ordinary pretty ponies- don’t tell anypony I said that, by the way- but they’ve taken on huge challenges and even impossible odds.”

“Sounds like my kind of work,” Mario complimented, knowing his own adventures.

“You mean you’re not just a plumber, but a hero?” Spike asked.

“Yeah,” Mario nodded. “At home, just about every other week, Princess Peach gets kidnapped by someone… usually it’s a giant, fire-breathing Koopa. I’m the one who usually saves her and by extension the world. Though there was this time where I saved the multiverse, once.” Looking at Spike, he asked, “You mean you’ve never heard of the name Mario before all of this?”

“Sorry,” Spike shrugged. “Equestria’s still getting used to all of the Mushroom Kingdom stuff. We honestly never really branched out as far as your area until Pinkie Pie claimed she found a Green Pipe in the Everfree Forest that took her from there to close to Appleloosa in record time, and Applejack confirmed it herself. Twilight looked it up, contacted Princess Celestia about it and other items from the Mushroom Kingdom, and here we are.”

“Your friend Twilight is really smart,” Mario commented. Looking up at the windows, he asked, “So… how did they become heroes, anyways?”

“I’ll be honest,” Spike blushed. “I kind of slept through their first adventure. I’m only a Baby Dragon, and I made the mistake of staying out late. You can try to talk to Princess Celestia about that.” Turning back to the castle, he suggested, “How about we head inside?”

Mario couldn’t argue with that. While Spike looked the part of a Dragon, he certainly did not act the natural part of one. Mario just hoped Spike would not grow up to be like Hooktail, though.

Though as the two entered Canterlot Castle, neither of them noticed a cloaked figure watching them. “My liege,” he spoke to no one in particular, “the arrival of the Mushroom Princess and her entourage certainly has kept the Bearers busy planning their party… perfect. If we are to strike, the time could not be better calculated.”

---

Canterlot Castle

As Mario and Spike walked into the castle, the former could not help but marvel at the décor that presented itself. Everything looked so regal and flat out shiny. Almost like a party at Princess Peach’s Castle, but with ponies instead of Toads, their desert cousins Dryites, Mousers, Koopas, Penguins, and other creatures of the Mushroom Kingdom. Not only that, but some ponies were actually wearing clothing.

“Well, looks like the party’s already started,” Spike commented, looking around with Mario. “Hey, do you mind if I stick around until I find one of the girls?”

“I suppose,” Mario agreed. “I have no idea where Peach, Luigi, or anyone else is, and I’ve never been in this castle before. Have you?”

“Several times, actually,” Spike answered. “Princess Celestia helped Twilight raise me, so I know a few things about this Castle. You can talk to me at anytime by pressing the Y Button on the Game Pad.”

“Uh… what’s the Y Button and the Game Pad?”

“Sorry,” Spike nervously chuckled, “Pinkie told me to tell you that. I still don’t know why you have to press Y to talk to me about this place or other ponies, though… maybe it was meant for somepony else?”

Mario and Spike chose to ignore Pinkie’s weird saying, at least for now. They had to find their separate groups, and Mario himself still had a few questions for the leading monarch here. The two looked around, and started mingling with the guests at the party. Mario only paid somewhat attention to what the ponies said… to him, it just sounded like they were elitists in their society, and just talked about how much of an honor it was for Princesses Celestia and Luna to invite them to this party to meet a new set of Princesses from the west… no doubt Peach and Daisy.

Overall, nothing prominent was going on in the main hall. No doubt Mario would have to look at the higher levels, to which the doors were guarded by two bright white Pegasus stallions garbed in golden armor. Their apparent first reaction to Mario and Spike approaching them was to block the door with their wings.

“And who might you be, sir?” the guard on the left asked Mario.

“I’m with Princess Peach,” Mario answered, still startled by their reaction.

The left guard scowled, “With the Mushroom Kingdom Princess? A likely story, buddy. I’ll have you know that we of Celestia’s Royal Guard hardly ever forget a face, and I’ve seen all of Princess Peach’s entourage. I don’t remember seeing you with them. I’ve seen a plumber before, but he was wearing GREEN, not RED. How do I know you’re not a Changeling or some kind of Mushroom Kingdom equivalent? Unless somepony here can vouch for you, I’m afraid I have to ask you to leave.”

Mario never thought he’d see the day where Luigi’s choice of colors would actually prevent him from actually continuing forward. He was about to turn back when Spike walked up beside Mario.

“Hey, guys,” Spike interrupted. “Don’t worry about my buddy Mario. He’s with me. He had to finish grabbing something from the airship before he came to the castle. Sorry we’re late.” The guards blinked in shock at the Dragon, but lowered their wings.

“Sorry about that, Spike,” the guard on the right apologized. “There are so many guests here, and Shining Armor asked us to stand guard here since he had to return to the north, that we forget at times whose allowed where. And, well, you’re with the Captain’s sister and Princess Celestia raised you, so… you’re technically allowed everywhere.”

“That’s strange,” Spike commented. “I know that Princess Peach and Princess Daisy are VIP clients, but that alone shouldn’t be a reason that the upper level of the castle should be made off limits to unfamiliar ponies, much less a sudden increase in security. Princess Celestia usually has an open door policy.”

“Captain Shining Armor’s orders, actually,” the left guard explained. “I’m not allowed to tell you the reason why, though. The last thing he wants is his sister or wife worrying about him freaking out over possibly nothing.”

“Enjoy the party, Spike,” the right guard nodded. With that, the guards moved aside, allowing Mario and Spike to pass.

“Oh, before I forget,” Spike asked, “Where are Twilight and the others? As well as our guests of honor?”

“They should all be meeting in the newly established Mushroom Kingdom/Sarasaland Embassy, if memory serves, with their own private party,” the left guard nodded. “We haven’t had time to build an official embassy building, yet, so we are allowing Princess Peach and Princess Daisy to use one of the towers of the Castle as a temporary embassy until construction is complete. A path leading to it should be the door with two Toads on either side of it to the left of the throne room."

With that, Mario and Spike headed upstairs. The two were surprised to see the populace from the upper hall. Like the lower level, there were several party goers apparently relaxing from the main festivities from below.

Mario turned to Spike, and asked, “Don’t you think that was kind of weird, Spike? What the guards said, I mean.”

“Yeah,” Spike replied with a nod. “But there’s no use questioning it, now. I mean, if Twilight is uniformed about it, it’s probably not a matter of national security. But I talked to Shining Armor just before coming to get you, and he said just to, and I quote, ‘Make sure Twily relaxes for once with a diplomatic affair’ before getting on the train to the north where the Crystal Empire is. No offense to you if you, but Shining Armor just showed that he’s a pretty cool older brother. So, I guess it’s a small time issue. Let’s just focus on getting to the embassy.”

Mario shrugged, but agreed. The two were about to continue, but-

“Excuse me, sirs,” a male voice spoke up from nearby them. They were approached by a short looking Unicorn stallion. He was a darker shade of purple than even Twilight Sparkle, but Mario could tell there was something strange about him. Well, the strange green swirl markings on his face right below his eyes and his neck were obvious. Speaking of his eyes, though, they were covered by a pair of silver lensed sunglasses with blood red rims. Most of his body was covered by a gray cape, but his mane was a sickly green and looked uncombed, actually being quite wild.

“Yes?” Spike asked. “Were you talking to us?”

“Yes, actually,” the Unicorn answered. “I could not help but notice how… out of place you both are in comparison to the rest of the guests at this party.” Pointing his front left hoof to Spike, he said, “A civilized Dragon in Canterlot, even but a baby Dragon, is quite rare.”

“Aw, I grew up here,” Spike waved off.

“Really?” the Unicorn asked. “I guess Princess Celestia has not told me about it, young Dragon. I just recently became a teacher at her School for Gifted Unicorns after several years, so I hardly know anything like that.”

“And as for you,” the Unicorn continued, pointing to Mario. “You are a visitor in Equestria, aren’t you? You came with the group of travelers from the Mushroom Kingdom who landed in the outskirts of town, yes?”

“Um, yeah,” Mario confirmed. “How do you know all of that?” The Unicorn just gave a tiny smirk that was barely noticeable.

“I am simply observant,” he answered. “Everypony saw your airship landing in the outskirts of town, and was quite impressed by your grand entrance, to say the least.” Pointing to himself, he apologized, “But where are my manners, gentlecolts? I haven’t even introduced myself. I am Prosperous Dusk. I specialize in teaching our gifted Unicorns spells to protect themselves against dark magic. If it’s not too much trouble, may I have your names?”

“Mario.”

“Spike.”

The Unicorn placed his left hoof to his chin, seeming to ponder the names. “Mario and Spike… I will remember those names well. Until we meet again, gentlecolts.” With that, he walked past them, and out of the door that they entered.

Spike looked at Mario, who shot him a strange look. “Okay,” Spike admitted, “THAT was strange. I know I shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, but that Prosperous Dusk guy… he seems a little off.”

“What was that school he mentioned?” Mario questioned. “Princess Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns?” Spike lit up at that.

“Yeah,” the Dragon replied. “Princess Celestia started a school to teach Unicorn foals great magic. Remember how I said Twilight hatched me? Well, believe it or not, I was her entrance exam.” Mario just stood there, gaping for a moment. “Let’s just say she not only passed, but she was picked up by Princess Celestia. Speaking of which, what say we cut through here and find her and the rest of our friends?”

Mario agreed, and the two made their way through the castle halls, eventually spotting something Mario was familiar with. Toads, both armed with spears and wearing similar golden armor that the Pegasus Guards were. One of the Toads had a blue spotted Mushroom Cap, and the other had a red one.

“No way!” the Toad on the left with the blue cap gasped. “Mario!? Is that you!?”

“Yes, I’m Mario,” the plumber nodded. “Uh… do I know you?”

“Well, not exactly,” the blue capped guard answered. “But I was a guard at Peach’s Castle during the incident with the Star Spirits! Oh, to get captured… that was embarrassing. But you saved everybody again, and I later get promoted to becoming a guard for the Mushroom Kingdom's Embassy halfway around the world!”

“Oh, I remember that!” Mario replied.

And how could he not? That was the only incident in Mario’s memory that Bowser actually beat him with the help of an artifact of rare power- the Star Rod. Although the Star Spirits used most of their energy to heal his more serious injuries from being slashed with claws, set on fire, zapped by lightning, and falling from a ridiculous height and landing into a clearing, he was still pretty messed up. Had Goombario’s family not found him and dragged him to a Toad House, Mario’s game would have actually been over that day.

“But anyways, gentlemen,” the red Toad interrupted before the mood became too sour, “I take it you being here means you all want to head to the Mushroom Kingdom and Sarasaland Embassy?”

“Yeah,” Mario and Spike nodded.

The Toads turned around and opened the door, allowing Mario and Spike to walk out onto the bridge leading to the embassy. One walk across the bridge later, the two arrived at a large tower, which featured a large red Mushroom symbol and a giant white daisy symbol, both holding up a big sign that said, “Embassy”.

---

Mushroom Kingdom/Sarasaland Embassy

Mario was impressed. For a “temporary embassy”, the ponies in charge of setting up this place sure did a fine job doing so. While ponies were generally new to the Mushroom Kingdom, they had so many things from back home set up. A large Shroom Cake was set up on a table of its own. Several Fire Flowers, Ice Flowers, and even Cloud Flowers were decorating the hall. A giant Power Star-shaped ornament hung from the ceiling, shining brightly overhead. There were also streamers of red and yellow, as well as balloons.

Of course, Mario spotted his friends and brother mingling with the guests- several Toads, Goombas, and Koopas, as well as ponies.

“Mario! Spike!” a certain voice Mario remembered spoke up. Sure enough, Pinkie Pie hopped over to them, smiling with a grin practically a mile wide. “It’s about time you all made it! You’re just in time for the ‘Welcome to Equestria Party’!”

“Aw, it’s already started?” Spike smiled at Pinkie. “Great! Nice party as always!”

“Thanks Spike!” Pinkie smiled, patting Spike on his head. “So, Mario… your brother Luigi told me about your jumping ability and how you saved the world on many an occasion. That sounds super duper exciting! You know, me and the girls have crazy adventures from time to time, too.”

“So I’ve been told,” Mario recalled his earlier conversation with Spike. Remembering Spike, he asked, “So, what now?”

“Now, we enjoy ourselves, I guess,” Spike shrugged. Looking around, Spike noticed something wrong. “Um… Pinkie Pie, where’s Rarity?”

“Arriving fashionably late, of course!” Rarity’s voice declared from the door. Sure enough, it opened to reveal the white Unicorn, her mane styled in a curly ponytail and wearing a purple and pink custom gown with glass slippers that looked somewhat similar to Peach’s of all things. How Rarity had managed to do that, Mario would probably never know. But what else made it unique was the red, heart-shaped gem used as the centerpiece of a gold necklace.

“That’s quite an entrance, Miss Rarity,” Toadette declared as Rarity trotted in. “And that’s an amazing dress! Where did you get it?”

“Oh, I did not simply just purchase it,” Rarity waved off. “I made it myself! I own a boutique back in Ponyville, Miss Toadette. If you like, I could design a dress for you! And I’d be honored to make one for Princess Peach or Princess Daisy, as well.”

“You should show it to them,” Toadette agreed. While the female Toad ran off to go tell Peach of Rarity’s dress, the white Unicorn spotted Mario and Spike.

“Oh, there you are, Spikey-wikey!” she smiled at the Dragon, walking over to him and giving him a sudden hug. Mario watched in mild humor as Spike seemed to just turn into putty in Rarity’s hooves.

“H-H-Hi… Rarity,” Spike stuttered, love struck in the Unicorn’s hug. “You’re so pretty, tonight… and you’re wearing the Fire Ruby I gave you. That makes you all of the more beautiful.”

“Why, thank you,” Rarity smiled, letting Spike go. “I brought it with us to Canterlot just for the occasion. It’s a reminder of our everlasting friendship. Not to mention it goes well with all of my outfits...” Turning to Mario, she smiled, “So, how was your tour through Canterlot with Spike, Mr. Mario? Wasn’t it to die for? I’m sure the capital of the Mushroom Kingdom is just as lovely.”

“Toad Town?” Mario asked. “Well, it’s nice to look at, to say the least. Whenever there isn’t Shy Guys running around causing chaos, Koopa Troop attacks, outbreaks of Blorbs, alien invasions, or Peach being kidnapped.” Rarity and Spike looked at each other and then at Mario.

“…What?” Rarity asked.

“It’s a long story,” Mario quickly responded. “Anyways, you two enjoy the party. I’m going to find my Princess if anybody doesn’t mind.”

“She’d probably be meeting with Princess Celestia and Princess Luna,” Rarity suggested. “Ask for her.” She then gasped in excitement before her horn was enveloped in a light blue aura, floating out a picture. “This is what Princess Celestia and Princess Luna look like, in case you were wondering.”

Mario looked at the picture, curious. Like Toadsworth said, the rulers of the Day, Night, and Equestria were far different than the types of ponies he had seen before, having both the wings and the horn of both a Pegasus and a Unicorn, respectively. Toadsworth said they were Alicorns, if Mario’s memory was faithful during that time. It was a long flight over, so he didn’t know for sure. They were both taller than the Unicorn pony in the picture, which was an embarrassed Twilight Sparkle. If Mario would take a guess, they were just about Bowser’s size, if not slightly smaller than his arch foe.

The Alicorn on the left had white fur, almost similar to Rarity. The tiara, necklace, and horseshoes she wore in the picture were all golden, the crown and necklace adjourned with violet crystals. Her mane and tail seemed to be in sparkly waves flowing behind her, flowing in colors of cerulean, turquoise, cobalt, and purple. The mark on her flank was a bright sun.

As for the other Alicorn Princess, she was a sapphire blue. Her tiara and necklace were as black as night, with the necklace having a crescent moon, similar to the mark on her flank. Her shoes were a sparkly lighter shade of blue. Her mane and tail were a cobalt blue, but they were just as wavy at the first alicorn and sparkled with small stars as they flowed behind her.

After Mario got a good look, he nodded to Rarity and Spike and walked around on his own. Mario managed to mingle with the guests for a while, but he remembered why he was here, and spotted Toadsworth, who seemed to be looking for someone.

“Ah, Master Mario!” the old Toad called over. “There you are. I take it your trip through Canterlot quite thrilling, yes?”

“If you say so,” Mario commented. “I still can’t believe Spike is a… well, Dragon.”

“Well, he doesn’t seem like that Hooktail fiend you told me and the Princess about,” Toadsworth announced, looking at Spike and Rarity walking and talking. “When I first saw the young fellow, Master Mario, he was as polite as he could be when I directed him to the airship. He’s also rather kind to his friends, though he lacks strong discipline at times. Miss Sparkle told me that it was the way she and Princess Celestia raised him that shaped him into the creature he is today. I don’t think the young Dragon will be of any trouble. But enough about him.” Turning to Mario, he asked, “What say you to meeting with the Princess?”

“I can’t argue with that,” Mario said as he followed Toadsworth towards the stairs. After walking up a flight, Mario and Toadsworth arrived on the next level, which featured a door to a room. Mario and Toadsworth opened it to reveal a large conference table, which Twilight, Applejack, Fluttershy, Peach, Daisy, Luigi, Toadette, and the two Alicorn Princesses Mario saw in Rarity’s picture.

“So,” the white Alicorn greeted the interruption of the duo, “you’re the infamous ‘Super Mario’ I’ve heard so much about from Princess Peach.”

“There you are, Mario!” Peach smiled. “Come, have a seat!” As Mario and Toadsworth each took a seat, Peach told the plumber, “Mario, I’d like you to meet Princess Celestia and her sister, Princess Luna.”

“Uh… hi?” Mario awkwardly waved at the two. Both ponies smiled at the plumber.

“It’s a pleasure to finally meet you,” the white Alicorn, Celestia spoke. “Ever since my faithful student Twilight Sparkle asked me for details about the Mushroom Kingdom, well, trade and commerce have been booming. And Princess Peach has been such an excellent pen pal. She’s written a lot about all of the times you’ve saved her.”

“Ah’ve gotta say Mario,” Applejack complimented. “With the way the Princesses were swappin’ stories, it sounds like yer a celebrity back in that there Mushroom Kingdom.”

“Indeed,” Princess Luna agreed, finally speaking. “And I know it’s been said in so many ways, Mario, welcome to Equestria. I sure hope you have a great vacation once we get this business out of the way. Due to the high demand of Mushroom Kingdom supplies, Princess Peach and my sister were talking about negotiating new trade regulations between our lands and yours.”

“It would be a shorter conversation, Bro,” Luigi whispered in Mario’s ear, “if the two Princesses weren’t talking so much about all you’ve done and all Twilight and her friends, who are also heroes, have done… which is a lot.” Mario shook his head, trying to suppress his amusement. Mario then noticed Twilight Sparkle’s horn aglow, levitating a quill to frantically write something down on a piece of paper.

“Uh, are you okay?” Mario asked her.

“I just can’t sit here and not let the others know about what’s going on between the Princesses,” Twilight explained, not looking at the paper. “Between Pinkie Pie, Spike, and Rarity down below at the party and Rainbow Dash stretching out her wings outside, I have five sets of minutes to record, myself included. And don’t get me started on the minutes I have to take for everypony else in your group.”

“Um,” Fluttershy suggested, “maybe I could share my set of notes…”

“Twilight,” Daisy remarked, “you need to take a chill pill. It’s no good you working yourself to a game over…”

“You have no idea how long I’ve been telling her that,” Celestia smiled with a mischievous giggle. “Twilight, as much as I love her like a daughter, used to spend any free time she had with her nose in a book. She still has a little trouble getting out, but… ever since she and her friends became the Bearers of the Elements of Harmony, she’s become more outgoing.”

“Bearers of what now?” Luigi asked. Princess Celestia and Luna looked at each other, Luna sighing.

“Sister,” Luna commented, “I thought you weren’t going to tell them that?”

“Oh, sorry,” Celestia blushed. Turning to the group from the Mushroom Kingdom and Daisy, Celestia said, “Well, since the cat is out of the bag, so to speak, I guess I should tell you. Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash each share a rare, special bond that was created even before all six of them were introduced to each other. When they did come together, however, darkness nearly fell over the land….”

“It wouldn’t have been the Shadow Queen, by chance, would it?” Mario asked, remembering that adventure. Celestia and Luna looked at each other, somewhat shuddering, while Twilight, Fluttershy, and Applejack looked at each other in confusion.

“You know of the Shadow Queen, Mario?” Luna asked. “I once faced her over a millennium ago… I barely escaped with my life.” Mario blinked in surprise at Celestia and Luna’s age, but didn’t bother asking it.

“Do not worry, Princess Luna,” Toadsworth assured the Night Princess. “Master Mario saw to it that the Shadow Queen will do no further harm.”

“That’s good to hear,” Luna replied. “However, it was not her whose darkness was to blame for invading Equestria. It was, in fact, my own darkness. My jealousy over our subjects’ love of the daytime and sleeping through the night got the better of me over a millennium ago… and my battle against the Shadow Queen certainly did not help. I became Nightmare Moon, and sought to cover the world in eternal night. My sister had to use the Elements of Harmony- the most powerful magic known to ponydom- to seal me inside the Moon before I could do any permanent damage to the world.”

“Oh my…” Peach gasped.

“Uh… sorry for walking on you on the Moon once, by the way,” Mario nervously chuckled.

“It’s not a problem,” Luna waved off. “The seal only lasted as long as the Thousand-Year Door that Princess Peach mentioned did. “Anyways, Mario, I managed to defeat my sister, and briefly banish her… but then I locked horns with Twilight Sparkle., who managed to defeat Nightmare Moon me as Nightmare Moon.”

“Twilight Sparkle and her newfound friends saved my sister from herself that day by discovering the Elements of Harmony,” Celestia continued. “There are six in total: Honesty, Kindness, Laughter, Generosity, Loyalty, and the Magic of Friendship, or ‘Magic’ for short. Together, Twilight and her friends may look like ordinary mares, but they are much stronger than they look. They are the Bearers of the Elements of Harmony.”

“Wow,” Luigi breathed. “That’s quite the tale… is that why they have the windows?”

“Yes,” Celestia nodded. “They are honored as heroes here.”

“I’m sure anypony else would have done the same, Princess Celestia,” Twilight blushed, she and Fluttershy both embarrassed by the retelling of the story like it was some legend. “Anyways, how about we get back to the purpose of the meeting, please?”

“She has a point, sister,” Luna agreed. “We still have much to discuss.”

“I suppose so,” Celestia nodded. “Well, then…”

CRRSSSSH!

Soon enough, the window in the room exploded in glass, and the table had a rainbow blur slam into it. The dust revealed a snow-covered Rainbow Dash, who looked dazed by the crash. Everyone in the room gasped in shock, but Fluttershy was quickest to Rainbow’s side.

“Rainbow Dash!” the timid yellow pony squeaked. “Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, oh my goodness… she’s hurt! What if she’s frozen or something?”

“Hold on!” Mario yelled, jumping over. Checking her pulse, he noticed she was still breathing, so neither the crash nor whatever struck her had ended her game, yet. That was a good sign, but he needed her conscious. Thinking quick, Mario pulled out the Mushroom he had on him from earlier, opened Rainbow’s mouth, and had her eat it. After making her swallow it, the blue Pegasus stood back up.

“Ow… those jerks used a snowstorm cloud… it’s not even near winter.” Rainbow groaned, shaking herself free of snow. “Whatever was in my mouth tasted strange, though.”

“A Mushroom,” Mario answered. “Common delicacy from where I’m from. It’s helped me out in many of my adventures.”

“Oh Rainbow Dash!” Fluttershy cheered, hugging her friend. “You’re alright!” Breaking the hug, she asked, “But what happened to you?”

Rainbow seemed to remember what happened, and scowled. “So, I was flying, right? Getting my wings stretched out while I could. Then, all of the sudden, these black and blue cloaked jerks came from out of the blue and started attacking me. I could have sworn one of them was a Griffin or something… I saw a lion’s tail. Anyways, I was fighting back pretty well, when one of the attackers pulls out a snow cloud from nowhere! Next thing I know, I’ve got a bad case of frost bite, and I’m on a crash course with the window.”

Luna scowled at that news. “Black and blue cloaked figures?” the Princess of the Night asked. “This seems very serious. I’m afraid this meeting must be placed on hold to figure out this disturbance.” Getting up, Luna prepared to approach the door, when it opened, revealing Yoshi, Toad, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Spike.

“Twilight! Everypony! We’ve got a HUGE problem!” Spike yelled as he ran over to Twilight. Soon enough, the castle began shaking, causing Luigi, Toad, Yoshi, and Fluttershy to all rush to each other, hugging in a panic.

“What was that!?” Twilight asked, standing up.

“That!?” Toad asked in a rhetorical manner. “It’s nothing short of our imminent doom!”

“Ah think Twilight means what in tarnation is causin’ all o’ that there racquet!?” Applejack remarked to Toad.

“I just told you!” Toad answered. “Quick! Everybody panic!”

“How is that helping anypony, let alone anything done?” Rainbow scowled. Turning to Rarity, she asked, “Is it those cloaked jerks who ambushed me?”

“I did see several creatures of different shapes and sizes wearing cloaks before coming up, and they were armed with cannons,” Rarity remarked. “Blue and black. It looked like a full moon insignia was on them.”

“This isn’t my doing, before anypony thinks of that,” Luna interrupted. “However, whoever IS doing this is besmirching my Moon! I will not tolerate this, sister!” With that, Luna spread her wings and flew out the giant hole in the window.

Soon enough, the castle began shaking again with cannon fire. Twilight walked over to the window, and gasped. “Oh no… Princess Celestia, whoever these guys are, they’re attacking the tower where the Elements of Harmony are held!”

Celestia and Mario both ran over, and saw this development as well. One particular tower was being shelled by cannon balls on two sides. However, this is where Luna flew over one side of the attackers, her horn aglow with another cobalt glow. She then turned into a dark mist similar to her mane and tail, overshadowing the area.

“Twilight Sparkle,” Celestia ordered, “you and your friends must get to the Elements of Harmony before the tower falls. No doubt our attackers sent ground forces to that tower. I will help my sister quell the attack.” With that, Celestia flew straight out of the window.

“They both did realize there is a perfectly good door right behind us, right?” Toadsworth voiced.

“Come on, girls!” Twilight yelled, ignoring Toadsworth. With that, her horn began glowing, and she then disappeared in a purple flash of light, reappearing on the rampart of the castle between the embassy and the Elements Tower, and beginning to run to it. Rainbow Dash flew out of the window after her, while Pinkie Pie and Applejack both just jumped out, landing perfectly fine on the rampart and running after Twilight.

“Okay,” Toadsworth remarked, “that was quite the reason NOT to use a door.” Rarity turned to Spike, removing the Fire Ruby and handing it to the baby Dragon.

“Rarity!?” he asked her.

“Spike,” Rarity pleaded from him, “could you be a dear and hold onto this for me? I’d rather not risk my favorite necklace getting destroyed, now.”

“Uh… sure…” Spike nodded, flattered that Rarity considered the Fire Ruby necklace was her favorite. He then pocketed it while Rarity turned to Fluttershy, who got the message and began to carry her straight out of the window, somewhat struggling as the shy Pegasus.

“Wow!” Peach complimented. “What brave young mares! To risk their lives to protect their most powerful magical treasures! They must have plenty of adventures and experience!”

“Well, even they need help evening the odds,” Mario remarked, pulling out his Hammer. “I’m going!”

“Be careful, Mario!” Peach begged the plumber. Mario nodded before jumping out of the window, his jumping ability allowing him to land safely on the ground.

“Master Mario!” Toadsworth yelled down. “Please simply use the DOOR next time!”

“I don’t think Mario can hear you!” Daisy remarked. Turning to Peach, she said, “Well, time to get you someplace safe so you don’t get kidnapped... again.”

“Oh come on!” Peach huffed. “They’re not even aiming for the Embassy!”

“Don’t tempt fate, Princess,” Toadsworth replied. Turning around, he asked, “So, Master Spike, would you be so kind as to escort us to a safe location in the castle?” However, everyone in the room noticed the door open, and Spike no longer where he was. “Well, what happened to Master Spike!?”

“He must have run off after them!” Yoshi concluded. “I hope he’s alright.”

“Well, there’s no use standing here!” Peach announced. “We better find the guards….” With that, Peach and the others began their descent down the steps, Luigi stopping to look out of the window at his brother running towards the tower.

---

Tower of the Elements

Luckily for Mario, Rainbow Dash had already had broken a window for him to enter the tower through. Considering how fast the six ponies were, he doubted he would have been able to keep up with them otherwise.

Upon entering the hall, Mario noticed that this was the very same building for all of the stained glass windows he saw before. However, the plumber did not have time to sightsee as he had to duck from a black and blue cloaked pony went sailing over his head, crashing into a wall and collapsing in a heap.

Mario turned towards the direction from which the pony flew and gasped in amazement. Mario lost count of how many cloaked figures were in the room, but it was enough to make him doubt his own odds alone. But yet, the “Bearers” as Mario started calling them in his head were taking them all on with astounding results.

Mario rushed over, jumping on one or two of their heads along the way, but Twilight saw him. “Mario! What are you doing here?”

“I was coming to help!” the plumber answered. “But I see you all got that covered…”

“No kiddin’,” Applejack answered, turning around and kicking a figure in the face with both of her hind legs. “This here ain’t so bad as facin’ down a swarm o’ duplicates.”

Now, it was Mario’s turn to say, “What.”

“It’s a long story,” Rainbow answered, flying away from her set of attackers. “Look, if you want to help, guard that door over there!” Mario saw that Rainbow was pointing at a large blue and purple door with a sun insignia on it. “We’ll handle the rest!”

That was certainly weird, but Mario did as he commanded, rushing towards the door, his Hammer in hand and swatting cloaked ponies away from it. Soon enough, the cloaked attackers had all but fallen, and Twilight ran over to the door, her horn glowing.

“Princess Celestia taught me this,” Twilight explained, pointing to the sun. Mario just then noticed the hole in the center of it right before Twilight rammed her horn into it, sending a magical surge through it. Soon enough, the door began glowing as Twilight and Mario stepped back. The door opened, revealing a gem-encrusted treasure chest.

“It’s been a long time since I’ve seen that case,” Rarity said in awe at it. “I still would like to keep it…”

“As lovely as the case is,” Twilight commented, “we need what’s inside the case, Rarity.” With that, her magic grabbed it and opened the case, revealing to Mario’s surprise, pieces of golden, gem-encrusted jewelry- five necklaces and a tiara- floated out of it. Mario could not help but notice the gems looked eerily similar to the marks on the six’s flanks.

“Why do they look like that?” Mario asked while Applejack grabbed the orange apple necklace.

“Ah never bothered to question it,” Applejack answered, placing the necklace on her neck, “but these here Elements just seemed to take a somewhat familiar shape of our Cutie Marks- the marks on our flanks. Ah guess that means it’ll be easy to figure out which element belongs to which pony.”

“But they’re a ton of fun to have!” Pinkie Pie cheered, her necklace being a bright blue balloon.

“Not to mention they’re quite lovely,” Fluttershy commented as Rainbow Dash, who was wearing a red lightning bolt, helped her with the pink butterfly.

“That they are, Fluttershy,” Rarity announced while strapping on the purple diamond where her Fire Ruby necklace once stood.

“Thank you very much, Mario,” Twilight spoke up. The plumber noticed Twilight placing the bright pink star tiara on her head. “As big of a help you’ve been, we’ll take the rest from here.”

“Yeah!” Rainbow smirked. “I hate to be those black and blue cloaked bozos, now! Almost nothing can stop us and our friendship with these on!”

“Just like how we planned it,” a new male voice spoke up, interrupting the cheerful tone. Mario and the Bearers turned to see a large cloaked equine figure wearing a cloak of the attackers. After getting halfway across the room, his cloak began to glow white, and fly off of him, revealing a unicorn stallion. His fur was a midnight blue underneath the set of black armor beneath the cloak. His mane and tail were a dark shade of gray with a black streak running between them. His exposed mark was a white full moon with what Mario could only describe as a Ztar, or “Nega Star”, in the middle of it. “Greetings, Bearers of the Elements. We are well met. I was afraid my old friend insisted on sending too many ponies after you. Thank goodness for your new Mushroom Kingdom friend… Mario, is it?”

“Enough of this!” Rainbow scowled, pawing the ground with anger. “Who the hay are you and all of these jerks!?”

“How rude, Miss Dash,” the unicorn stallion chastised. “I’m trying to have a decent conversation with you all. But, if you must know… I am Lord Sirius Nebula, the leader of the Colts of Nocturne, humble children of Nightmare Moon. But you all may call me Sirius.”

“You’re what!?” Pinkie Pie gasped. “Princess Luna had foals during her time as Nightmare Moon!? Shouldn’t you all be like, a thousand years old or something!?”

“Actually, they’re a bunch of cultists,” Twilight corrected Pinkie Pie. “Cultists who worship Nightmare Moon. But… Nightmare Moon is gone, and Princess Luna is here.”

“Indeed, my dear Twilight Sparkle,” Sirius smiled at her in a way that made the purple Unicorn… uncomfortable. “Now, we are all busy ponies… and a plumber. So I will cut straight to the chase. Calmly surrender yourselves and the Elements of Harmony, and nopony else in Canterlot has to get hurt.”

The six ponies, even timid Fluttershy, scowled at Sirius’ demand. “Do ya think we’ll just give up!?” Applejack asked. “Now, Ah ain’t a math wiz like Big Macintosh down at the farm, but Ah don’t think ya’ll are, either. In case ya’ll haven’t noticed, pal, we’ve finished whippin’ yer cultists, an’ with Mario here, it’s seven to one. Not to mention that we have the Elements. So unless ya’ll brought an entire army with ya, Ah suggest ya should give YERSELF up!”

“I don’t need an army, dearest Applejack,” Sirius replied. Looking up at a blank spot on the mural where the Bearers were depicted felling a pony of darkness, he called, “Arctic, if you would be so kind as to help me out?”

“Yes, Lord Sirius,” the blank spot commented. Soon, a gust of cold wind blew through the air, blowing away part of the glass (which turned out to be a piece of paper) that revealed a dark blue Pegasus stallion who landed in front of the Bearers, the stem of a flower hanging from his mouth. He was garbed from head to tail like a blue ninja, but what Mario could see of his tail was that it was jet black. The Pegasus spat out the stem before blowing on the ground. Soon enough, the ground beneath the Bearers’ hooves began to turn into ice, confusing them. But Rainbow and Fluttershy gasped in shock.

“Girls!” Rainbow called, trying to jump up. “Get away from there! He's using some kind of magic-”

It was too late, though, as the ground beneath them seemed to sprout up, covering much of their bodies from the neck below the Elements down with ice. Even Rainbow and Fluttershy did not escape. Mario gasped in shock as all six of the Bearers were trapped in ice.

“Can’t… move…” Pinkie Pie groaned from the freezing. “What did you say… Dashie?”

“Ice… magic… rare kind…” Rainbow answered, partially frozen as well. “Mushroom... Kingdom... Only certain Pegasi… who have experimented… with Ice Flowers… can control it... in battle…"

“Thank you, Arctic,” Sirius announced, clapping his front hooves together. “Now, if you would just gather the others, I will handle gather the Elements and their owners… as well as dealing with Mario. I’m afraid he’s seen too much.”

“Understood, Lord Sirius,” Arctic nodded. With that, he ran over to the nearest Nocturne Cultist, and began nudging him.

“I really do appreciate Arctic,” Sirius commented. “Very loyal since I saved his game from his former allies years ago. Not only is Arctic a powerful user of Pegasus Frost Magic, but he’s also a master of the legendary art of Papergami. He is a real good friend.” As this happened, Mario jumped in front of the Bearers, who were being approached by Sirius.

“I’m not letting you hurt them!” the plumber scowled, bearing his Hammer.

“I personally will not harm them,” Sirius scoffed. “The ice will melt after a long time. Tell me you haven’t been frozen before.” Mario couldn’t have argued with that, given all of the ice enemies he’s dealt with. “Now, Mr. Mario, I will offer you a choice. Either join me and my fellow brothers and sisters in helping bring the return of Nightmare Moon… or you can perish. It’s entirely your choice, really.”

“Like I’d accept that!” Mario scowled, ready to fight if he had to.

“Yeah, what he said!” a male voice Mario didn’t think he’d hear so soon spoke up. Sirius then gasped as a breath of green fire came out of nowhere, and hit him in the flank, causing him to jump up and turn around. Standing there was none other than-

“Spikey-wikey!?” Rarity got out from her frozen state. Spike stood there, scowling at Sirius.

“Leave Twilight, Rarity, and the other girls alone!” the baby Dragon commanded.

“I thought there was somepony missing in this picture,” Sirius stated, looking at his singed tail before turning back to Spike. “I don’t have time to deal with you both properly before Arctic’s ice weather magic ends. So, I’ll just have to do… this.” With that, he closed his eyes… and opened them to reveal a sinister green with blood red pupils. His horn, which glowed white before, began to glow a sinister purple. He shot out a beam that struck Spike, rendering the Dragon helpless in the air, before turning around and flinging Spike into Mario, trapping them both into an orb of dark magic.

“Leave… him… alone!” Twilight scowled. “Don’t you… dare… hurt Spike!”

Mario didn’t know whether or not Twilight was angry at Sirius… or afraid of what he might do to the baby Dragon. Sirius however, ignored Twilight, as his magic took Mario and Spike… and began to ball the two up into paper balls. Mario and Spike’s screams of pain by being crumpled up fell on deaf ears, but not by the horror filled shrieks before Mario and Spike were magically flung straight through the glass window where Arctic once hid, smashing it into pieces, Nightmare Moon’s face landing where Mario once stood.

“SPIKE!” Rarity screamed, panicked at Sirius’ disposal of Mario and Spike. The poor baby Dragon had come trying to help, only to get cast aside in a surprisingly brutal manner. Oh, and Mario got balled up and thrown out, too. The white Unicorn could not stop her eyes from beginning to water, fearing for Spike.

Sirius’ eyes stopped glowing green, and he returned to normal. Breathing heavily, he said, “So, THAT is the Crystal Usurper’s brand of dark magic… to think I used even the smallest amount to defeat Mario, yet it STILL drained quite a bit from me. I somehow doubt that I could have taken him down so quickly without the Crystal Usurper King Sombra’s magic.” Turning to the frozen six, he said, “So, now that they are out of the way… let’s get our hooves on those Elements, shall we?” Turning to the Nocturne Cultists that Arctic had revived, he ordered, “Go begin the sealing spell! Let’s keep Celestia and Luna out of our manes for awhile until our Queen returns! I will handle the rest.” Arctic nodded, and flew off while the rest of the Nocturne Cultists filed out of the room.

Sirius walked closer… only to stop to see Twilight’s angered expression and her eyes glowing white, and her horn crackling with a purple hue. Sirius thought about this, but then realized something. “Oh… right. Arctic did not freeze you fully so I could take simply take the Elements from you. You can STILL use magic. Upon retrospect, that was a bad idea on my part to ask him to freeze only below your necks.”

“You THINK!?” Twilight snapped, anger in her tone. Soon, all of the Elements began glowing, starting to unfreeze the six of them… but instead of a rainbow of magic, the Elements seemed to start to float upwards, away from the six ponies while Twilight floated up with them, almost unconscious of her own actions.

“Twilight…?” Fluttershy asked, scared about this sudden development. Soon enough, an aura seemed to surround Twilight and the Elements, almost like it was going to explode.

“There’s a phrase for this,” Sirius voiced in a plain tone, summoning a white bubble around himself and the other five bearers, who were too weak due to the frostbite inflicted upon them. “I believe it’s called, ‘I didn’t see that coming’.”

---

Canterlot

As Mario and Spike flew out of the castle in their crumpled paper ball forms, they flew straight into the river nearby Canterlot, eventually drifting over a huge waterfall. Nobody knew of this, though, due to the particular chain of events happening inside the city walls.

For starters, above the Elements of Harmony Tower, a red and brown airship that was flying near the area was pierced from below by a purple beam of magic. Second, citizens could not help but notice black crystals beginning to grow from the ground on the city’s outskirts. Third, those black crystals grew huge, eventually starting to enwrap the city, eventually some of the crystals ramming into the Elements tower’s base, tearing it free from the rest of the castle. The half that was freed from the base began sliding down a slope, eventually falling from Canterlot altogether.

On the ground below, all four of the Princesses, and the Mushroom Kingdom visitors looked up at the sight of the light that shot right above the city and escape the forming barrier as the Colts of Nocturne began to retreat from the city.

“What on Earth is that!?” Yoshi asked, looking up at the sight as well. Soon enough, mere moments before the crystals blacked out the sky and made the city inescapable, the one light separated into six and shot out throughout Equestria.

“No…” Celestia breathed, startled at the revelation. “The Elements of Harmony… they’ve been separated. I fear what this will mean for Equestria….”

Luigi then looked around. “Um, guys… where’s Mario?”

“Mario…” Peach gasped, remembering he was in that tower. Now that the tower had been sliced in half and the top half was gone, Mario was no longer able to be found. “Oh no… MARIO!”

As Peach broke down in tears, none of them had any idea that Mario and Spike, both crumpled up in paper balls and dumped into the trash, floated down the river towards the small town below....

Author's Note:

LONG PART TIME! One thing I must warn you about me is that I tend to write long chapters. Sorry! But I hope you enjoyed reading this. Now, we can actually get to the good stuff!

Okay, so...

1) Both Hooktail and the Shadow Queen are mentioned. If one remembers the plot of The Thousand-Year Door, The Shadow Queen is as old as, if not older, than Celestia, Luna, Discord, and Sombra... and she's eviler than both of the latter characters. Something similar can be said for Hooktail with the evil part.

Anyways, we're introduced to (at least) two of the villains. The surprisingly polite, funny, and creepy villain, Sirius Nebula... or just "Sirius". Yes, while he's a bit out there with even his minions, Sirius isn't one to underestimate. And if I made him affibly evil, then I have done my job right. He's pleasent to have a conversation with, but generally tries to have fun with his job as the leader of what could only be described as a satanic cult. ...Did I seriously just do that in a Paper Mario type story?

The other villain, Arctic? Well, he is kind of a character I created for an RP thing that... never got off the ground, to say the least. Still, I wanted to use the character. If you're asking HOW he's managed to beat the Mane Six, it's a combination of "ambush, Pegasus pony weather manipulation, and eating too many of those Ice Flowers introduced in games like Super Mario Galaxy and New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

2) Canterlot Castle. Well, this was the ultimate goal for Mario and Spike. To be honest, we don't get to see much of the actual castle's layout (i.e. the location of all of the rooms) in canon, so much of it is opinionated at best. Sorry to disappoint you all, but it's really the best I can do. Luckily, we're not going to be in Canterlot anymore for me to screw that up... at least, for the Mario parts.

3) Okay. Why did Sirius do all of this diversionary stuff by having his forces attack from so many angles? Simple... it's called, "a win-win situation". If Sirius could have managed to break into the tower on his own, he wouldn't have needed the Mane Six to get as far as they did and just had his forces overwhelm them. The Mane Six get to the Elements? Try to convince them to surrender to stop his attack. That doesn't work? Have Arctic ambush them with . Arctic fails (provided the Mane Six actually saw the ambush) or some intruders interfere? Pick up some tricks from Sombra's book... but actually be able to DO something besides being intimidating and so dang-prepared.

Speaking of that last one, why does Sirius have Sombra's magic? Well, he was that large equine in Part 1 of the intro. You know, the one who had Sombra's broken horn in the failed ritual? It's possible he's studied Sombra's type of spells and taught the unicorns of the Colts of Nocturne... but it takes a lot out of him.

Why did Mario and Spike get balled up? Well, remember... this is Paper Mario with ponies in it. And in Sticker Star, the paper style is up to eleven. And everything in this universe is virtually made of paper... even Spike and the ponies. So, yeah... Mario and Spike just got launched out of a window at incredible force.

Why did I instantly seal off Princesses Celestia and Luna in Canterlot? Logically, the last thing Sirius wants is the knowledge that the two ponies who could possibly thwart his plan in minutes running around free... and those two are Celestia and Luna. Also, Sombra's brand of magic was prepared enough to stop even Twilight Sparkle's teleportation, so Sirius thought ahead.

Plotwise, we all are completely aware how horribly short this story would be if Celestia and Luna were free.. and if the Mane Six were free. Speaking of that, I hope the whole "Mane Six getting kidnapped due to being frozen" makes sense.

Finally, Peach DOESN'T get kidnapped this time around. I know, shocker. But she alongside Daisy, Luigi, Toadsworth, Toad, Toadette, and Yoshi were sealed inside Canterlot and they are unable to physically help Mario this time. This doesn't mean Peach won't be able to help at all.

I hope you're enjoying this, so far. You seem to like it!... well, most of you.