• Published 25th Dec 2012
  • 6,853 Views, 552 Comments

Paper Mario: The Land of Harmony - Blade Squall



Mario & friends travel to Equestria for a vacation. Unfortunately, bad stuff happens. Now, Mario, Spike, and six new heroes have to save the Elements of Harmony... and Peach. Oh, and everything's made of paper. Have fun!

  • ...
10
 552
 6,853

Chapter 3 Part 4

Applewood Studios—Red Carpet’s Office

Mario’s group first noticed that Red Carpet had some strange tastes. She had a series of gold statues, some of whom Mario could vaguely recognize—two being Beanish creatures, one a tall female witch, the other a dwarfish figure with swirly glasses, a sinister grin, and a cape, a creepy-looking jester, a robotic-looking sorcerer, a Shroobish-looking thing wearing Peach’s dress, a bat king, and a statue featuring the six Bearers. There was also a statue of a Unicorn mare with a sun-like Cutie Mark that had a bit of ying-yang going on, as well as a tall Earth Pony whose mane was going wild.

“How does she afford all of these statues?” Mario asked.

“I’ll be honest when I say I don’t know,” Green Screen said as she admired them. “But I do know is my sister is quite the collector. The Unicorn statue was donated by Princess Celestia… she looked really sad to see it go, but Celestia said she ‘had to move on’.”

“She has a Mane-iac statue!” Spike admired, looking at the wild mane.

“My sister’s first movie as a director,” Green Screen smiled. “It was Power Ponies live action. My first time with the special effects, myself. We did everything to avoid screwing it up… research the characters, actually encouraged the ham a little bit. The only major thing critics complained about was us completely getting rid of Humdrum, saying that ‘without him, the Power Ponies have no comedic foil and seemed forced to quip off each other and have dumb moments that were out-of-character just to extend the movie’.”

“While I’m no fan of Humdrum since he’s useless,” Spike grumbled, “they do have a point. The movie could have been ended half an hour early if Saddle Ranger didn’t allow herself to get angry on a moving airship when they needed to get the Alicornium Ring to Draconia Volcano so the Mane-iac couldn’t revive Count Flapula.”

“Ah ain’t even gonna pretend Ah understood that,” Boomregard said. “So, when do we see the pony in charge?”

“I’ll have to check on her,” Green Screen said. “Please, wait here.” She then walked up to the door leading into Red Carpet’s office, and knocked. “Sis? It’s me… can I come in?”

“Oh, Green Screen!” Red Carpet called. “Um, just a minute!” After a moment of whispering, she said, “Come on in, Sis!” The green Unicorn walked in, leaving Mario’s group to their lonesome.

“…So, we going in, right?” Diggsie asked.

“Diggsie!” Boomregard chided. “Green Screen told us to wait right here. Gotta give a lady her privacy, after all.”

“I’m lady, and I can smell something fishy,” Diggsie pointed out. “Also, I hear small voices from behind statue… and I smell… air.”

“Diggsie has a point, Boomregard,” Mario said. Looking at the statues, he mused, “I wonder…” He then swapped into Ant Form, lifting up the jester statue to reveal an air vent big enough for Pig Form… being covered by a set of wooden boards. “You’d think they would have something better than wooden boards. No wonder why Red Carpet has this covered up by gaudy gold statues.”

“I got it,” Spike said, inhaling before unleashing a breath of emerald fire. A few wooden boards turned to ashes later, Mario’s group turned into Pigs before crawling through the vent… briefly turning around to gather a Star Piece.

When they reached the vent grate that led to Red Carpet’s office, the group saw that Red Carpet was talking to a young orange coated Pegasus Mare with a curly, silver-haired mane and tail, and a Cutie Mark involving a spotlight and a star, and Caspian still in his costume as Herpy. Most likely this mare was Lumina.

“I’m worried about the movie, now,” Lumina said as she trotted back and forth in panic. “I mean, its one thing to pretend to be Daring Do… but to actually face real danger like Bob-Ombs running wild? Maybe we should postpone shooting until the real danger has passed?”

“I know you’re scared, Lumina,” Red Carpet nodded, “but we can’t let mad protestors like W-Masque get the better of us! We’re also so close, now. However, Mr. Mario, Shining Armor, and Book Key are all on the case right now.”

“I’m rather worried about those three, myself,” Caspian spoke up. The three mares turned to him. “The last time we saw Waluigi was when Book Key came to ask him a few questions about some type of crime he committed, so who knows what Book Key did to him. As for Shining Armor, if he’s hunting down the Changeling, then there’s no telling how far he’ll go to get it. And then, there’s Mario… he’s a nice gentlecolt, I can tell, but even gentlecolts like me have our limits.”

“You don’t think any of them suspect one of us to be the Changeling, do you, Caspian?” Lumina asked. “My uncle said he was there in Canterlot when it first happen… how they flew around, trying to snatch up ponies so they can store them and their love away for later consumption. They… nearly took over Canterlot. They even defeated the Bearers and Princess Celestia, or so I heard!”

“It’s true,” Caspian said. “However, Lumina… I’ll protect you.”

“And I’ll protect you both,” Red Carpet said. “Now, I want everypony to move away from that Changeling nonsense. We have another problem… which was why I called you here, Lumina. Do you…?”

“Yes, I still have that orb Mr. Wario threw away,” Lumina said. “I… I didn’t know that it was an Element of Harmony.”

“It’s alright, Lumina,” Caspian smiled. “I suggest we give it to Mario, his Dragon friend, the Boomerang Brother, and the Diamond Dog come the morning. We have no need for it, and Mario and his company will surely lure away W-Masque from us. We will then have to work around the Changeling crisis… though I’m sure once Mario’s group leaves, I’m sure the others’ investigations will prove fruitless and they will leave us alone. It’s been a long day, Lumina… how about after I finish my business here I walk you to your trailer?”

“Um… okay,” Lumina nodded with a blush. “Thank you, Caspian. You’re so sweet.” Caspian smiled. Lumina then turned to the other two, and politely bowed. Mario, sensing that they would be caught, quickly scrambled out of the vent, springing back into Pig Form and quickly forming an Ant to move the statue back. By the time he returned to normal, Lumina had trotted out of the office.

“Oh, um… hi!” she greeted. “I don’t think we’ve been properly introduced,” Lumina smiled. “You all are… Mario, Spike, Boomregard, and Diggsie, right?”

“That’s us, ma’am,” Boomregard said with a tilt of his hat.

“I’ve… heard about your problem,” Lumina confessed. “You need the Element of Harmony, right? Well, I have it… I’ll be able to give it to you tomorrow. I just need to find it, first.”

“Take your time,” Spike smiled. “We’re in no hurry…”

“I thought we were—” Diggsie whispered, only for Spike to place a conveniently located apple into her mouth.

“Well, um, thank you for understanding,” Lumina said. “My trailer is not too far from Mr. and Mrs. Sparkle. Come tomorrow morning, okay?”

“Okay,” Mario nodded. The door to the office then opened, allowing Caspian to walk out of there.

“Mr. Mario, right?” the Unicorn asked. “Nice to meet you. I am Caspian.”

“So, how is working alongside Doopliss?” Mario asked.

“You’d be surprised that somepony like him can act so well once he gets into character,” Caspian said. “I guess it’s a Duplighost thing, but I have a similar problem.”

“Yeah, I suppose,” Spike said. “I suppose that’s why you still look like Herpy?”

“Indeed,” Caspian said. “I never change face until my performance is complete.”

“I suppose when movie is over,” Diggsie mused, “you will show us your true face.”

“Perhaps,” Caspian shrugged. He walked up to Lumina, and said, “Shall I escort you to your trailer?”

“Thank you, again, for offering, Caspian,” the Pegasus blushed. “I’m sure this is an inconvenience for you… your trailer is on the opposite side of the studio from mine.”

“With all of the chaos happening,” the Unicorn insisted, “I’m sure it would be safer if ponies walked in groups. Especially gentle mares like you, Lumina.” Lumina’s blush deepened. “Perhaps after tomorrow’s shoot, we can go get a pizza? My treat?”

“Thank you,” the mare beamed, walking out of the door with him.

“That guy has swag,” Spike smirked. “Note to self, when we rescue Rarity, see if I can make a date like that."

“Mr. Mario, Mr. Spike, Mr. Boomregard, Miss Diggsie,” Green Screen called. “We’re ready to talk.” The group walked into the room, Mario eager to hear what lie Red Carpet would try to feed them.

“Mr. Mario,” Red Carpet greeted, “I apologize for the wait.”

“Not a problem,” Mario said. “So, um… the statues?”

“Oh, you like those?” Red Carpet smiled. “I have to admit that I collect them. My prize statue being the Bearers statue.”

“Though they have been expensive,” Green Screen said.

“Oh hush, you!” Red Carpet chided. Turning back to Mario, she admitted, “I will admit, I do love to look at these. Did you know that there was a movie in the Beanbean Kingdom that featured that very Beanish sorceress?”

“I know, Luigi and I KO'd Cackletta,” Mario muttered. “Anyway, back on topic.”

“Oh, right, the Element of Harmony,” Red Carpet remembered. “I honestly did not know that orb was an Element before I gave it to Wario. I didn’t know what it was until after Waluigi disappeared, Wario gave the Element to Lumina, and W-Masque attacked the studio. I can’t believe that the Bearers were... they’re alive, right?”

“Of course,” Spike said. “Sirius Nebula needs them to use the Elements, so it wouldn’t benefit him to end their games… yet. Still, I’d like to hurry up and rescue them as soon as possible. So, Lumina has it, right?”

“Yes,” Green Screen nodded. “She’ll be ready to give it to you upon the morrow.”

Boomregard asked, “Has she seen anything from it? Such as a transparent pony being projected from it saying she’s been chosen by prophecy as a Temporary Bearer?” Everyone looked at the Boomerang Bro, the two mares staring in confusion.

“…What?” Red Carpet asked.

“So that’s a no,” Diggsie said. “Darn, honestly hoping to get another girl as companion.”

“No, really, what’s going on?” the mare said. Diggsie’s tail began to wag.

“To make a long story short,” Mario explained, “Spike and I are not just looking for the Elements of Harmony. We’re looking for six souls who can become Temporary Bearers of Harmony so we can save the True Bearers and save all of Equestria. Boomregard and Diggsie here are two of them... so, yeah, we need four more Bearers.”

“Well, I can’t help you with your Bearer problem,” Red Carpet said after a moment, “but I CAN at least give you the Element of Kindness. It’s a shame we won’t be able to find the Changeling before you leave.”

“…Yeah,” Mario said, playing along. “I suppose that’s all we needed.”

“Thank you, Mr. Mario,” Red Carpet nodded. “Oh, I almost forgot! If you wish to see the footage of your battle edited by Green Screen, feel free to take this!” She gave Mario a Backstage Pass. “This will allow you access to the backstage of our parents’ theater, the Hairieon Trot. You’ll get to see the footage before the general public! Also, we’ll make sure you are properly paid for your work!”

“Wow, that’s useful,” Mario said. “So, any other acting work for me?”

“We’ll stay in touch,” Green Screen answered. “For now, it’s late. We bid you good night.” Mario’s group left the two Unicorns, most likely heading back to their cabin. As soon as she was sure they were gone, she sighed, “I thought they’d never leave.”

“Neither did I,” Red Carpet said. “Caspian’s right… Mario is not stupid. He may be onto the Changeling.”

“You don’t think they know who it is, do you?” Green Screen asked.

“Have them watched tomorrow morning,” Red Carpet suggested. “With any luck, they’ll just get the Element and leave. The last thing we need is Book Key coming here.”

---

Las Pegasus—Hairieon Trot Theater

A trio of cloaked figures moved throughout the town, looking at the movie theater, two equine shaped while the third, smaller figure floated. “Are you absolutely sure THIS is where you encountered Mario and Spike, Gentle Breeze?” Sirius asked as he looked at the theater.

“Yes,” Gentle Breeze said, lowering her hood. “But before I saw them, a giant angry Koopa asked for you.”

“Giant angry Koopa?” the third figure asked. “Wait… that could only be talking about Bowser!”

“Bowser?” Gentle Breeze asked. “Um… who’s Bowser?”

“I forget most of the Colts of Nocturne aren’t as well traveled in the Mushroom Kingdom as I,” Sirius nodded. “Also, you joined AFTER the horse armor incident, so you wouldn’t know about the tales of Bowser. Known as the Koopa King, Bowser is one of the Star Children alongside our current enemy Mario, and has conquered much of the Mushroom Kingdom several times over. In fact, prior to Mario, the only thing defeating Bowser in terms of muscle was a herd of Yoshis and aliens from outer space, but both instances happened when he was a baby. He has survived far more fatal scenarios than a normal Koopa or even an ALICORN could. I’m afraid most of the Colts of Nocturne would be easily crushed if Bowser were to bring his wrath upon us. In my currently weakened state, I would be no match for his might. So it’s a good thing we haven’t angered him, otherwise we would have to worry about his status as a foe. Otherwise, Gentle Breeze, you were lucky that Bowser was distracted by Mario.”

“Too bad that Bowser ISN’T in a good mood when it comes to aiding the Colts of Nocturne,” a new voice interrupted. A gray and blue cloaked pony walked over to them.

“Who are you?” Gentle Breeze asked.

“This is our benefactor,” Sirius answered. “He was the one who supplied us with the restraints on the Bearers. If not for his generous donation, the Bearers would be a problem. However…” Turning to the cloaked ally, he asked, “What do you mean Bowser is not in a good mood?”

The benefactor explained, “Police reports indicate this place as the sight of a battle between Mario’s group AND a powerful Koopa wearing… pink. Manly color aside, Bowser was irritated by the Colts of Nocturne for sealing off Canterlot… trapping one Princess Peach inside.” Sirius looked at the figure. “I told you that plan wouldn’t work.”

“It did for about 80 percent of it,” Sirius said. “Sure, we could have actually gotten the Elements as well as the Bearers had I remembered Twilight Sparkle’s wrath when it comes to her loved ones, but nopony could have predicted Bowser would join the fray.”

“Well, thanks to Bowser’s unpredictability, we now have a problem on top of the already obvious problem of Mario being here,” the benefactor replied. “So, onto business. Do you have the funds for my assistance or should I turn you in right now?”

“Of course I have the funds, my good friend,” Sirius said, floating a bag full of money in front of the benefactor, who took it. “But this is only half of it. I’m afraid I left the other half in my hotel room… I didn’t want to stand out by carrying so much money.”

“We’re wearing blue and black cloaks, though,” Boogular said.

“That is true, Boogular,” Sirius agreed. “However, my name is already infamous throughout Equestria. I’d rather not have ponies recognizing me.”

“Half isn’t going to cut it, Sirius,” the benefactor told him. “If you want that info or my help, I need the rest.”

“I promise you will get your money,” Sirius nodded. “I promise you on my clan and honor that I will pay you soon.”

“So, Mr. Mysterious Benefactor,” Boogular said, “where’s the Element of Harmony? I can retrieve it now while Sirius gets the rest of your bribe money.”

“Why would I part with my one ace in the hole?” the benefactor asked. “How do I know that you won’t just betray me?”

“Betray you?” Sirius asked. He weakly laughed. “My honor wouldn’t permit me to betray somepony who I consider a friend. And like I said: you’re a friend to me.” The benefactor stared at Sirius for a moment.

“Alright, here’s the location…” Sirius listened to the pony.

“So that’s where it is,” Sirius nodded. “Well, Boogular, you have some stealing to do.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll be on it like a stomp on Goomba,” the Boo grinned. “But I’ll need a distraction.”

“I have just the man for the job,” the benefactor chuckled.

“Don’t you mean pony?” Gentle Breeze asked.

“No he doesn’t,” W-Masque said, leaning on a nearby wall. “So, you’re Lord Sirius, huh?”

“Those colors and that symbol,” Sirius realized. “You are a fellow brother, aren’t you?”

“Indeed, Seeker of the Eternal Night,” W-Masque bowed. “The name is W-Masque, a humble servant.”

---

Applewood Studios

Mario’s group woke up the following morning, seeing that the Crusaders and Big Macintosh had already left. “I take it you had a good night?” Velvet asked the group.

“Yeah,” Mario said. “I suppose we should get the Element of Kindness. Where is Lumina’s trailer?”

“Not that far from here,” Night Light answered. “Mario, Spike… I know it’s been said, but thank you both from the bottom of our hearts for going through the efforts to rescue our daughter.”

“You know I’d go through Tartarus if I had to for Twilight,” Spike nodded. “After this Element, we’ll be three away from the others… but we’ll still be four Temporary Bearers from rescuing Twilight, Rarity, and everypony else.”

“Ooh, Rarity,” Velvet giggled. “Is she that pretty white Unicorn mare Twily wrote about in her letters that you have a crush on…?”

“Mrs. Sparkle!” Spike blushed. Diggsie and even Cadance joined in on the laugh as she and Shining Armor came into the room.

“Anyway,” Mario asked, “are you sure it’s okay if we just go for the Element?”

“Of course,” Shining Armor said. “You handle the Elements, I’ll handle the rest.”

Mario’s group left the Sparkle family’s trailer, and heard a piercing scream of horror. Lumina was outside of her trailer, which was surrounded by several Jackalopes hopping around her. “Oh… um, Mr. Mario, good to see you… as you can see, I have my hooves full.”

“With bunnies?” Mario asked. As if on cue, the Jackalopes all turned to Mario and hissed, showing sharp canine teeth.

“Actually,” Spike corrected after a Tattle, “they’re Vampiric Jackalopes, a rare breed of Jackalope that is carnivorous and the arch enemy of Chupacabras—they will fight for food, Goats especially. They can bite to drain HP like Fuzzies, but you have to shake them off. Also, those antlers can ram us and even pierce defense, and also spiky enough that you and Diggsie shouldn’t jump on them.”

“Great, an enemy I can’t fight head on,” Diggsie groaned.

“Ah guess that’s why Ah’m here,” Boomregard said. “How did they get in here, anyway?”

“By who else but me!” W-Masque declared, jumping down to confront the group. “W-Masque!”

“Where did you even get a group of Jackalopes, anyway?” Mario asked.

“A Draconequus,” W-Masque answered. “There are carnivorous bunnies with antlers for everyone! But, of course, I could stop this… if you hand over the Changeling and the Element of Harmony!”

“Not gonna happen, partner,” Boomregard scowled. “Let’s git this varmint!”

“EEEEEEEEEEEEEK!! JACKALOPES!” a scared Green Screen yelped as she ran from a herd of Vampiric Jackalopes.

“Worst vacation ever!” one of the members of the Traveling Sisters 3 screeched as she and her sister ran from more bunnies.

“Dude,” a blue Boo yelled up to W-Masque, holding an orb in his stubby little arms that had a glowing pink butterfly in it. “I know you’re new to the Colts of Nocturne, but you should at least warn ME before doing this!”

“Is that…!?” Spike asked. “The Element of Kindness!”

“Well, looks like I don’t have to steal that anymore!” W-Masque said. “Excellent, Boogular! You really are the expert thief Lord Sirius said you were!”

“Well, I’m getting out of here!” Boogular said. A few Jackalopes hopped in front of him, and growled. “Hey! Call off the bunnies!” Boogular floated away, taking the Element with him.

“Get back here!” Mario scowled, only for the Jackalopes to get in the way.

“Ah-ah-ah,” W-Masque said. “Can’t have you going after Boogular now, Mario. Don’t you have my mess to clean up?”

“Mario, help!” Flurrie said after blowing away a group of Jackalopes, only for more to come towards her.

Mario turned to W-Masque. “…Really?”

“I said bunnies for everyone, didn’t I?” W-Masque said. “Better hurry, Mr. Hero… they’re about 30 Jackalopes bouncing around.” W-Masque then sprung away, landing on Madam G. “When the Changeling is ready to give up, I’ll be waiting at Key Point!” he taunted before Madam G flew away.

As W-Masque, Madam G, and Boogular escaped with the Element of Kindness, Mario’s group was forced to handle the crisis of several angry Vampiric Jackalopes bouncing all over the place. He was joined in by Shining Armor (who assisted capture), Flurrie (who blew them over to Shining Armor), Frankie (who chucked them over) Twilight Velvet, Night Light, and Cadance (all who magically warped them over) and—surprisingly—A.K. Yearling (who used incredible flying speed to help with the round-up, showing why she played Daring before). By the end of it, Diggsie had several scrapes and Mario and Spike were pretty sore, but the bunnies were tightly locked up in Shining Armor’s bubble shield. Well, all but one when they counted.

“Wait, we’re one short?” Shining asked.

“Where could it be?” Spike asked. He then spotted it near Lumina, who despite her shaking was trying to be brave.

“Easy, Mr. Jackalope,” she begged it. “I’m sure you want to be with all of your friends…” The Jackalope tilted its head, blinking in confusion. “I’m sure you are just as confused and scared as I am.” The Jackalope calmed down. “There we go…”

CLUNK!

All of the sudden, a bola was wrapped around Lumina’s legs, causing her to trip and fall over. Before the Pegasus could regain her footing, a group of officers marched up to her, Book Key leading them. The Jackalope tried running, only for one of the officers to catch it. “No ordinary pony would attempt to bond with one of those ravenous Vampire Jackalopes!” Book Key declared with a scowl. “I knew I smelt something… off about you, Lumina! Or should I just call you a Changeling!?”

“Wait, Lumina’s the Changeling!?” Shining Armor asked as he walked over. “And are we really doing this right now!?”

“Yes and yes!” Book Key answered. “Notice how Lumina shies away from everypony else? How she hardly bonds with others save for Red Carpet, A.K. Yearling, and Caspian? She’s most likely been feeding off their naïve care for her!”

“No, she hasn’t!” Caspian declared before walking up to Book Key and Shining Armor. “I know Miss Lumina! She wouldn’t harm a fly!”

“That’s what she wants you to think, you dumb colt!” Book Key snapped at him. “She’s playing you… just like any Changeling worth their salt. They fake every emotion to get close to others! That way, they can snack off your happiness!”

“But what about Miss Yearling!?” Caspian argued. “Surely she’d know her student?” Yearling walked over.

“I assure you, officer,” Yearling said, “I’ve trained Lumina to take over my role as Daring. She’s innocent… she has the heart of a pony, and gentleness of a filly. She’d never be a Changeling.”

“Stop defending her!” Book Key told them. “Otherwise, I’ll run you both in for obstruction of justice!”

“Hey, guys,” Spike interrupted, “we can talk about who is the Changeling later. We need to stop W-Masque… who is heading to Key Point. Don’t you have access to Key Point?”

“He’s heading to the prison!?” Book Key asked. “In that case, I’ll deal with him there! As well as unmask this Changeling here!” Book Key turned to Lumina, who was being picked up by his officers. “Take her with us! We have ways of making her reveal herself!”

The officers nodded before dragging Lumina to a police carriage, and unceremoniously dumping her inside of it before galloping off. Mario’s group stared at this development.

"That's strange," Shining Armor mused. "My detective work said it was Caspian... could I have been off?"

“So… what just happened?” Boomregard asked to the rest of his group.

“I think Lumina just got arrested,” Diggsie answered. “Also… Caspian shaking. We should probably do something.”

“Yeah, probably,” Mario said before walking over to the shaking Unicorn. “Um… Caspian? Are you okay…?”

“…Changelings fake their emotions to get close to others…” Caspian repeated. “Do ponies really know nothing about us…?”

“Wait, what?” Mario and Shining asked. Caspian answered them by surrounding his body in green fires, which burned away his body. When the flames vanished, gone was the pony Caspian, but in his place was a black bug-like stallion with a crooked horn, bent wasp-like wings, a pair of fangs sticking out of his mouth, and yellow eyes that seemed alight with anger. His mane—if one could call it that—was also a faded yellow, with noticeable holes punched into it and his tail. Now that Mario thought about it, a few holes were also in his legs. Thank goodness they were all made of paper; otherwise Mario would be seriously worried for the pony’s health.

“I apologize to everypony for any acts of deception I pulled on you!” Caspian declared. “I promise I will turn myself over to the proper authorities once this is all over. However, a young mare is being wrongfully imprisoned for my crime of being alive! I must rectify this before it’s too late!” Caspian galloped off after the carriage.

“Shadowfang, no!” Red Carpet yelled after him. “Oh… why did this happen now…?”

Spike and Shining Armor stared in shock before turning to each other. “Did that just happen…?” Spike asked.

“Yeah…” Shining Armor answered. “It did.”

“What?” Mario asked.

“Um, Mario,” Cadance explained. “That was a Changeling.”

“Wait, that’s what a real Changeling looks like!?” the plumber asked. “…And here I was hoping for something scarier. Doopliss is scarier than that!”

“I don’t know whether I should be proud or insulted,” Doopliss said.

“Still,” Mario said, “so it was Caspian we were looking for…”

“Shadowfang,” Red Carpet’s voice corrected. The group looked at the red Unicorn, who looked down. “His name is really Shadowfang. He’s my… son….”

“Your son?” Shining Armor asked. “You adopted a Changeling?”

“A long, long time before the Royal Wedding,” Green Screen explained. “Shadowfang—who you know as ‘Caspian’—was found by my sister outside of Las Pegasus. Shadowfang was apparently kicked out of his hive as a larva—what Changelings call their foals. When she found out that he was capable of transforming into various ponies, she decided to get him into a place where he could make use of his ability: the movies. She renamed him ‘Caspian’ so he wouldn’t scare away other actors. This was made especially so once the Wedding happened.”

“I thought he looked different from the Changelings at the wedding!” Cadance recalled. “There was only one haired Changeling… the Queen.”

“Shadowfang never liked that Queen,” Red Carpet said aloud. “I made sure to raise him right… but when he heard about the Changeling Queen, he spat in anger and frustration, but found himself unable to go after her. The anti-Changeling laws sprouted up shortly after the wedding, and Shadowfang was forced to hide his face. I… Mario, Spike, Captain Shining Armor… I’m sorry I never told you, before. If you’re going after my son, tell him I’m sorry… and please, watch out for him.”

“I’m not sensing anything bad about him,” Cadance spoke up. “He seems nice for a Changeling… but I can sense he’s scared and concerned for Lumina.”

“Lumina has a crush on him,” Yearling smiled. “She’s told me before that he’s been a gentlecolt to her, and it shows. And now, he’s literally running into a trap.” She grabbed her shawl, and tossed it, revealing that she was wearing an explorer’s hat, shirt, and ditched her glasses. “Well, Daring… it’s time to help out in any way you can!”

“Wait a second,” Spike asked. “A.K. Yearling… is really… DARING DO!?”

“Yes,” Daring Do answered. “And before you ask, yes, all of those books I’ve written have happened. Just not the expanded universe.”

“Wow…” Spike breathed. “Twilight and Rainbow Dash would freak if they found out you’re real!”

“About that,” Daring interrupted. “Don’t tell them about me, okay? Anyway, I’ll fly ahead and see if I can scout Key Point out, perhaps stop W-Masque from getting away! You go and catch Caspian before he does something stupid!” The famous explorer took to the skies, flying after the retreating Colts of Nocturne.

Mario turned to the group, and asked, “Does anyone ELSE have any surprising secrets right now?” Nobody said anything. “Nevermind. Spike, Boomregard, and Diggsie, we should go find Caspian—I mean, ‘Shadowfang’.”

“I can’t believe we’re trying to catch a Changeling,” Spike said.

“I’d join you, Mario,” Shining Armor said, “but I have to coordinate the guards and secure the area. If you can catch those thieves, I’ll appreciate it. Besides, there are a few questions I have to ask that Changeling.”

---

Las Pegasus—Downtown District

Shadowfang did not get very far, as the plumber found out. Mario’s group headed downtown, where they saw—surprisingly—Rosie holding Boogular at sword point, the latter no longer holding the Element. These two were both in front of Shadowfang.

“So, where do you think you’re heading?” the pink Unicorn asked the Boo.

“I didn’t know there’d be a pirate here!” Boogular said. “I was hoping to buy time for Mario’s group… well, if you’re after the Element, it’s a little too late. W-Masque already has it, and is planning to meet Lord Sirius at Key Point.”

“Lord Sirius?” Rosie asked. “Sirius… why does that name sound familiar…” Shaking her head, the pirate Unicorn she said, “So, the Element’s at Key Point right now? Great! Swash? Buckle?” The two Pegasirates flew above her. “Good news, I know where the Element is. Bad news… it’s at Key Point.”

“Key Point?” Swash asked. “Isn’t that Sheriff Book Key’s dangerous prison? Why would the Element be there!?”

“These scallywags have it!” Rosie answered. “Look for somepony named ‘W-Masque’, gentlecolts.”

“Aye-aye, Captain!” Buckle saluted before he and Swash flew off.

“There,” Rosie smiled. “Now, about Mario… you’re in luck.” The Boo turned around to see Mario’s group, and gasped as he noticed the scowls.

“Oh, Mario!” the Boo breathed. “Um, give me a moment to get into character…” The Boo vanished, leaving Mario’s group with Rosie.

“So, Mario, Spike,” Rosie greeted, “you know where the Element is. I suppose if we were to battle now, without my crew, it would be completely one-sided… I suppose I should retreat. Good luck, gentlecolts and Diamond Dog.” Rosie’s horn shined bright before she disappeared in a flash.

“Well, she knows her magic for a pirate,” Spike complimented. “At least she let us know where the Element is… but why did she help us?”

“I have no idea,” Shadowfang said. “Well, if that Boo who stole Miss Lumina’s Element is gone, I suppose I have the way clear.”

“Wait, you’re not gonna steal the Element fer yer Changeling posse?” Boomregard asked. “Ah felt Red Carpet wasn’t lyin’ ’bout that!”

“I’m an outcast of Queen Chrysalis’ ‘swarm’, which she only gained through lies and usurpation,” Shadowfang answered with a scowl.

“Who?” Spike asked.

“The Changeling Queen responsible for the attack on the wedding,” Shadowfang answered. “I thought that was well known. I was part of a smaller hive of Changelings… my mother was advisor to the queen of our hive. During a summit deciding how to go about our relationship with other species—ponies in particular—my queen advocated a peaceful coexistence… my mother’s suggestion. We are dependent on other species’ emotions for survival, since they provide us with nourishment. If hate poisons us, how would we survive a war with other races in the long term? However, one Changeling wanted conquest, to harvest the ponies for their love, a dangerous plan—there is only so much love a pony has, and taking it all at once wouldn’t keep up the population forever. That Changeling is the one you know as the ‘Changeling Queen’, but I know as ‘Chrysalis’. She… she executed our queen, and personally ended my mother’s game after my mother hid me away. She proceeded to take control of several other hives, destroying those who agreed with my queen and mother’s philosophy. I was luckily found by Miss Red Carpet… my current mother.”

“Wow,” Diggsie said. “You sound like you had it rough…”

“I suppose I have,” Shadowfang sighed. He then looked up, and said, “Forgive me, Miss Diggsie. I’m normally not this angry… Miss Red Carpet raised me better, to be a gentlecolt. Instead, you all hear me unleash my rage like this.”

“It’s okay to get angry,” Mario said. “You have all reason to sound mad. I have a few anger issues myself that I have to work out… but right now, I feel we can both have someone to take our rage out on.”

“Are you suggesting battling as an anger management strategy?” Shadowfang asked. “What exactly are you fighting for, Mario?”

World Peace!
Thrills!
Money!
Because it’s fun!

“Right now, we’re trying to save the world,” Mario answered. “You see, there are a group of mares—the Bearers of the Elements of Harmony—who have been abducted by some really bad guys… bad guys who want to take over the world, and these bad guys have gone to the prison where Lumina is. We need to rescue them to save the world, but to do that we need to find the Elements of Harmony. We could use your help getting the Element back.”

“What!?” Spike asked.

“Why not?” Mario reasoned. “We’re gonna need all of the help we can get... and I recruit odd people, anyway.”

“Very well, Mario,” Shadowfang nodded. “We’ll form a temporary alliance… we’re going to the same place, anyway. Lumina and the Element of Kindness wait!”

Caspian—I mean, Shadowfang—joined the Party!

Shadowfang is quite the rogue Changeling. A gentlecolt through and through, he’ll offer to carry Mario and co. over dangerous, spiky terrain with the Y Button since he’s immune to the prickly terrain! However, he’s not without a few Changeling tricks, as touching a pony on the Game Pad’s Touch Screen will allow Caspian to scan and transform into that pony! Being a professional actor, Shadowfang will even mimic their voice and personality. This will allow you to get into places you wouldn’t otherwise.

Shadowfang is not without battle capabilities as well. His Changeling Buck kicks the enemy in front of him (his wings allowing him to hit flying enemies as well), and his Stage Fright can scare away weak enemies. Take note that Appealing with Shadowfang will heal him rather than build up Element Power.

“Okay, let’s go,” Shadowfang said after it was official.

“NOT… SO… FAST…” Boogular’s voice rang.

“Oh, right,” Spike remembered. “He was getting into character. So, he’s a Boo… right…?”

“Yeah…” Mario said, turning around. “If Luigi was here, he’d be worrying. He hates ghosts.”

That’s when Boogular appeared behind him. “BOOOOOOOOO!” Mario jumped as Boogular began the battle. “Heh, heh, heh! That was priceless! Now, let’s see how dangerous the Super Mario really is!”

Spike wasted no time Tattling. “That’s Boogular, a member of the Colts of Nocturne. It’s obvious that this guy is a Boo, meaning he can dodge our attacks whenever he turns invisible. His licks can inflict Stop on us, and that scream of his can damage all of us. Of course, there is the fact that he can smack us silly or even ram us to steal an item for his own use! Though I can’t help but feel this guy isn’t taking us seriously…”

Boomregard started with a Wild Toss, bonking Boomregard twice before Mario used his Power Bounce. After Diggsie used her Claw Pounce on him, Boogular had enough and vanished. Mario groaned in annoyance, but remembered that while he couldn’t hit Boogular for a time, he could at the least heal up from his last battle. He and Boomregard activated their Truth’s Relief, healing the party.

“How did you get the Elements to do that?” Shadowfang asked.

“It’s a long story,” Mario said. However, Boogular reappeared with a shriek, the sound waves damaging all of Mario’s party. Before he could lick any of them, though, Spike took him down with a Jackhammer Tail.

“Ah, I’ve been defeated!” Boogular yelled in a dramatic flair. “How embarrassing! It’s all up to Gentle Breeze to keep Lord Sirius safe from Mario, Bowser, and that pirate chick! And now, I vanish in shame!” He then faded away, leaving Mario’s group confused.

“…So, we should mosey on o’er to the prison ’fore Ah change mah mind,” Boomregard said to break the ice. “Anybody think he was goin’ easy on us?”

“I wouldn’t put it past a fellow actor,” Shadowfang answered. “So, shall we depart? Miss Lumina and the Element await, and we must strike a blow against Sirius Nebula.”

“Won’t you going in town cause a riot?” Mario pointed out. Shadowfang looked down at himself.

“You’re right,” the Changeling confessed. “I should probably not go into town like this…” He then looked around, trying to find something.

“What are you doing?” Spike asked.

“Seeing if I can spot a pony… there!” Shadowfang said, pointing to a nearby stallion with orange-yellow fur. “Hmm... he’ll do.”

“You’re not going to bite him and suck out his blood, are you?” Diggsie asked, horrified.

“Nonsense, my dear!” Shadowfang assured her. “Changelings aren’t vampire ponies… and even if we were vampires, they only have a craving for fruit juices. Ponies don’t normally eat meat, and not all Changelings can actually consume meat.”

“So, what are you gonna do?” Mario asked.

“Touch him on the Game Pad,” Shadowfang said. “Go on, pony holding the Game Pad… just poke him.” The pony seemed to glow a mild green, not that he noticed, and Shadowfang’s horn glowed as well. “Okay, time to get into character. There should be a Changeling Icon on the Touch Screen’s bottom left corner while I’m the partner. If you touch that…” Shadowfang was surrounded by dark green magic for a second before he became the stallion. “And now,” Shadowfang said, “my disguise is complete. Now, to get in character.” He then spoke in a different toned voice, “So, how do I look?”

“…Not bad,” Mario said. “So, you can imitate anyone?”

“Just about anyone,” Shadowfang said in his new voice. “If it’s a quadruped, I can imitate it. This is how I can go throughout town without raising a fuss… I must apologize for startling you all earlier.”

“Ah could’ve used this when Ah was mistaken fer an outlaw,” Boomregard pointed out.

“Sometimes, a little disguise goes a long way,” Shadowfang said. “Changing back is a simple option: just tap the button, and I’ll return to normal.” Shadowfang returned to normal. “Of course, I can only store a single disguise at a time. Copying another disguise will get rid of the current one. In order to stay in character like a true actor should, I must not use my special abilities, nor can I fight like a Changeling. However, I find this useful for getting into places we wouldn’t normally be allowed.”

“Ooh, spy stuff,” Diggsie said.

“I don’t suppose you could smuggle us inside that location?” Mario offered.

“If I put on a convincing performance, I should be able to get anypony straight through the front door of a heavily guarded castle,” Shadowfang answered. “Not that we should always do that, but the implication is there.”

“Alright,” Spike said. “To rescue the Element and get back Lumina, let’s break into Key Point alongside Daring Do!”

“That right there is a sentence Ah never thought Ah’d hear,” Boomregard quipped before the group dashed off. “Usually one has to break OUT o’ jail!”

Author's Note:

Ladies and gentlemen... I am SO SORRY that I did not at all update this entire summer. Or since late spring, I forgot when. Some of you may or may not know that I just graduated college and I have been working on job hunting. I have also been working on a new fanfic on FanFiction.net involving Mega Man, and playing... Star Wars. I also briefly left the brony community for some time, trying to prioritize my writing time. But nobody here cares about my personal life, so, as an apology, this chapter is dedicated to all of you.

Okay, now that we've settled that for now and everyone's torches and pitchforks have been put down, let's get to the next part!

1) So, it seems that a lot of you have figured it out: Caspian was the Changeling. In the original draft, Lumina was going to be this shy filly who was the adoptive Changeling daughter of the director, but I realized quickly that Mario's party was going to have (not counting Spike, Mario himself, and Chomper) four girls and two guys I was originally just going to call him Caspian and be done with it, but someone suggested Shadowfang, and I said to myself, "Why not?" So, he's Caspian on the stage, and Shadowfang off of it. It's like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde! Except Hyde's not really evil, either. Anyway, it's common that Mario has an illusionist partner in each of his parties. And while Diggsie is useful for getting around obstacles, Shadowfang gets you where you need to be through the front door when Diggsie isn't an option. In battle, Shadowfang will be doing some poison and/or dark type attacks (since Spike is the fire, Boomregard is wind, and Diggsie is earth), and as a passive ability, appeals will HEAL him rather than build up the Element Power gauge. Therefore if you feel like you need to endure tons of damage, Shadowfang is ideal for that since his other abilities aren't exactly suited for combat at this point.

And yes, A. K. Yearling is Daring Do. Fun fact, in the original draft, I was going to have Twilight Velvet storm Key Point and Mario's group, recently joined by Lumina (and supported by Flurrie), would have to keep up with her.

2) Key Point is our next destination. And yes, before anyone asks, its concept is loosely based off Alcatraz. Key Point will test Mario and his company since we'll finally be facing Nocturne Cultist enemies! It's about time we actually remembered the antagonist group fully... and really show why Pony enemies are demonic spiders. Hard-hitting enemies that come in groups and can take you both melee and ranged, hard to time your guards against, and usually are supporting each other... that's what I've made the Pony-type enemy class.

So, there we are... I am sorry, once again. I promise I'll get back to work on this story! Blade Squall out!

Comments ( 55 )

Alright now the situation is getting serious, and there is something fishy a Book Key.

4860792
Something indeed... why are the villains breaking into his own prison to pick up the Element of Kindness?

No wonder I didn't see any updates! I did not expect a changeling to be in Mario's party. But then again...

Awesome chapter.

I'm curious will we see Tirek or an mention of him in this story?

I know who Element of kindness but I not telling, awesome chapter:scootangel:

4860817 I guess Mario, Spike, Boomergard, Diggsie, and Shadowfang will find out the hard way...

4860837
Looking at the first two Paper Mario games, Mario has a weird set of friends.

4860972
I'll have a statue of him somewhere... but he won't actually show up.

4861104
Thank you for not spoiling!

4861308
Why, indeed?

Ok 3 things:
1) Great chapter is good to know that this is not dead and that there will be more.
2) Congratulation on graduating and good luck on job hunting.
3) It is interesting interesting how appeal will heal a changeling but doesn't the crown sometimes thrown thing at Mario(and company) and doesn't that mean they hate/dislike and could poison shadowfang?

Sorry if its hard to understand english is not my first language

*hits Save Block*
*game saved*
:twilightsheepish: I know what it's like to be distracted by a game or multiple games when you should be focusing on writing.
Siph: *from a walkie-talkie* Speaking of, Bowser and Siri jumped me again.
:rainbowhuh: "Siri"? He lets you call him that?
Siph: Dunno. Just came up with the nickname now.
:facehoof: Siph, I thought you learned your lesson last time.
Siph: How was I supposed to know it meant that in his native language!? Oh, speaking of which, my little meeting with Bowser made me uh... Anyway, we're low on detergent.
There's more in the wardrobe. *murmuring* I really need to get you checked out.
Siph: Oh. *background noise* Found it! Anyway, shouldn't you be working on this review?
:rainbowderp: Oh yeah, I forgot!

I chuckled a bit at Spike's fan-babble about Power Ponies. :twilightsmile: And then at Boomregard's comment. I just love Boomregard, probably because I tend to be blunt myself.
Siph:

Element of Kindness, eh? Well, that helps me figure out something about another character. One you've already introduced, but they're not in this chapter.
Siph: Is it *static*?
...moving on.

Okay, first I figured the Changeling was going to be the next partner, which would, in turn, make him/her the next temporary Bearer. (You'd think Mario and co. would notice the pattern by now.) Diggsie's line made me figure that Caspian was the Changeling, making him the next partner, making him the temporary Bearer of Kindness. But then Lumina did her little thing with the jackalope, so I figured that she'd be the the temporary Bearer, while Caspian (or whoever the Changeling turned out to be) would just be an important NPC. (Funny, the notion of the Changeling being an enemy or even the chapter boss never even occurred to me.) Then Book Key accused Lumina of being the Changeling, after which I'm like, "Awesome! My original thought was right! The Changeling IS the temporary Bearer!" Then Caspian came up and was like "Nope!" So I'm like, "Okay, so my idea previous to the thing with Book Key was right." Then later when Caspian joined Mario's team I'm like "So... my original idea WAS right?" I'm so confused. You're enjoying this, I can tell.
Siph: *from the walkie-talkie* I am :rainbowkiss:
Hush, you.

Anyway, in between all that, I grinned a little when Boogular showed up. I was wondering how that was going to go down. I liked how he stalled to "get in character". Bad guys are all sorts of wacky, so of course Mario and co. wouldn't question it! :pinkiehappy:
Siph: I'd question it.
That's cuz you wouldn't like to wait. :ajsmug:

So with that done, I have just one more thing to say.
What did you think of the season finale?

4861549
1) Yep, there will be more.
2) Thank you.
3) Yeah... that is a fair good point that Shadowfang will also be facing adversity with the crowd. However, bear in mind that Mario's audience also has to watch out for Mario and his partners when they throw stuff... so if you can keep your eyes on the crowd, you won't have to worry about them and worry more about keeping Shadowfang's health up.

4861631
When did Siph pick a fight with Sirius Nebula and Bowser?

Anyway, I feel like Spike and Boomregard can play off each other. Spike is the wise guy to Boomregard's straight man. That's why I have more dialogue exchanges between the two of them.

So, you've figured out what role "they" would play.

Yeah, Mario's party hasn't really caught on, yet. I wanted to play "hot potato" with people's expectations. Anyway, the idea of the Changeling being a boss came to mind (brainwashing was involved), but I felt that was mediocre. However, I have a reason for Lumina being captured... you'll see.

Everyone is a little quirky.

So, my thoughts on Season 4's finale... I must say, I've yet to actually watch it personally. I was focusing on my studies and job hunting to the point that I dropped away from the MLP community. However, from what I've heard, Tirek shows up, starts stealing magic, Discord is ask to deal with him but betrays the ponies when offered the chance to rule alongside Tirek, Celestia, Luna, and Cadance gives Twilight their powers, Tirek then seals the three powerless princesses in Tartarus, steals Twilight's friends' magic, steals Discord's, fights Twilight to a standstill, destroying Twilight's library in the process, threatens to kill Twilight's friends, a betrayed Discord gives Twilight the last key, and they defeat Discord with Rainbow Power. Also, Twilight gets the Ancient Castle she's been repairing as her new home. Season 5 is going to very interesting...

4862324
It wasn't Sirius Nebula, it was one of my readers.

An Alcatraz-like stage, huh? I really hope we can see something similar to Al Capone's cell at Key Point. That would be really cool.:pinkiesmile:

4864476
...I'm automatically starting to regret deciding to make this an Alcatraz like stage... because I now have to research THAT.

4865460 Oops, sorry for bringing it up...I didn't mean to pressure you...

4867637
...This comment wins. Everyone up vote it, because it's funny and it was a Harry Potter reference that needed to happen.

Boomregard started with a Wild Toss, bonking Boomregard twice before Mario used his Power Bounce.

Methinks something seems amiss here:rainbowlaugh:

Awesome chapter, can't wait to see more.

Yay! You're back! Congrats on graduating college. As for the chapter itself, awesome! Worth the wait! :twilightsmile:

4886762
Thanks for that spot. I'll fix it.

4888408
Thank you very much.

4862324 Actually is a new tree that serves as her castle called the Friendship Rainbow Kingdom castle.

4896056
...Really? In my opinion, that is a pretty lackluster castle name, if not long winded.

4920110 I watched the episode and it's a tree shape castle.

5158487
Sorry for the huge delay. I am still on my teacher certification, and a good chunk of my time goes into that.

But know this: Key Point will be interesting, at least. I promised a W-Masque and Bowser fight.

5326759
Yep. Part of my writing of this story (which I really should mark on Hiatus since it's been months since I actually wrote anything for this story, but I hope to get one more chapter out before the end of 2014) was to include some of the old partners as supporting characters. Since I originally first played The Thousand Year Door, Goombella was my first pick at a party member who wouldn't mind pointing Mario's party in the right direction. While many people would criticize me for this, I actually like Goombella more than Vivian (though Vivian is my second favorite party member from both games).

5342154 Don't worry you'll have all the time in the world. :)

*puts down the contoller* SHEESH! I'm glad I managed to read the Paper Mario: the Land of Harmony instruction guide before playing this game.

It's even worth noting that I'm doing the No-save challenge in this game.the story is really complex.

5545122
No save challenge? My GOD that is really hard! Also, good thing someone actually reads the instruction manual. Some things are harder than past Paper Mario games.

5547646 Tell me about it, I' m doing a low HP run as well. I completed paper mario 1 and 2 with low HP (mainly 10 hp for PM:TTYD) so I'm trying to test my luck with this game.

5614973
Why WOULDN'T you want to have control of a creature who is a born infiltrator that you can use to get inside several groups? ...I mean, sure, your cult is pretty much through all of Equestria at this point, but come on, Shadowfang is a Changeling AND an actor! Shadowfang can literally fill any role you'd need in Equestria in the off chance that some of the Colts of Nocturne are discovered and you'd need someway to extract them fast.

Also, Sirius is really trying to recruit people.

5615998 I see. Kinda like Amon with the Equalists. BTW have you seen the first two episodes of Season 5?

If Luigi has the Mask of Loki from Mario & Luigi: The Mask, the Colt of Nocturne will have a hard time with the Green Thunder if they bring Eternal Night to the world, Luigi will have unlimited time as the Green Thunder to take them down and Nightmare Moon with his cartoony antics against them.

6056236
Mario and Luigi: The Mask? Never heard of that one.

6073616 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrRW786X8rk You should watch it you should see what happens to Luigi at nighttime! :D

6087374
Okay, that was funny. Still, even though this story is Rated Teen, please watch your profanity for our younger readers who actually read the comments in the future.

When is the Chapter 3 interlude coming here?

1885612 Can you continue your Paper Mario story?

6255218
Crash, I'm sorry. I've been ridiculously busy with other projects that I have not been able to get back to this for a while. And also, I've been working/taking classes to get my teaching certification. And this is on top of... kind of losing interest in the show BECAUSE I have been so busy. Paper Mario has not been high on my priorities right now. Sorry it sounds bad, but real life hasn't been really kind to me right now.

And that's not even addressing that I'm having a bit of difficulty designing Key Point. So, yeah, not exactly a good dungeon in hindsight, and I have more dungeons to design after this one. So, yeah, I'm not gonna be quick about this.

6284028 So what you mean is that you are NOT going to continue it? :fluttershysad:

6284034
You'd see a Cancelled sign if I was. It's still on hiatus, but I haven't had enough time to get back to it. I'm kind of a busy guy right now.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but real life and other works have gotten me busy. I am, however, working on the next update. But it will be a while longer. I will see if I can get back into finishing at least Chapter 3. If I do that and like what I've done, I'll continue. If not? I'll put this story up for adoption but let whoever I give it to know a general idea of how I planned things out from Chapter 3 on.

Either way, I'm getting Chapter 3 done one way or another. But please wait.

6289171 And if it's for adoption, could I continue it?

6357401

I'm not one-hundred percent certain past the Sticker Comet.

6401561 Can I help you with the story?

6409023
...I'll think about it.

6411435
Nobody here ever said Prosperous was nice.

6417737 Can you at least make the Chapter 3 Interlude? I helped lots of people with their stories.

I really wanted to like this story, but your obsession with making it like an actual video game has resulted in too much odd pacing choices and forced/awkward fourth-wall breaking. Dislike.

This show must go on.

I'm loving this story! I have a Mario and Luigi story, with some Paper Mario characters in there, Here it is if you're interested: Mario and Luigi: Adventures Through Equestria

Login or register to comment