• Published 7th Dec 2012
  • 4,163 Views, 555 Comments

Sin - MemoryLane



Lust. Greed. Gluttony. Wrath. Pride. Envy. Sloth. What do they mean?

  • ...
20
 555
 4,163

Ch. 22: Inquire

I'm not very sure what happened. Everything seemed to pass by a mile a minute. I felt like I was taking some bad types of medications really. One's that I weren't really used too. Twilight and the Princess rushed us down the stairs, and we all darted down in the hurry. Well, mostly falling. I'm not sure who, but one of the last ponies to make their way down the staircase had tripped, sending us up tumbling. Luckily, the Princess had already reached the bottom beforehand.

The next thing I know, I had a very large Warble lying on top of me. His large belly pushing my face into the hard floor. It was actually very difficult to breathe. I flails my hooves around to signal to him the predicament the I was in. It took him way longer than it should have to realize that I was pretty much growing in his stomach.

"Where's Cashmere?" I heard him ask, before the vibrations from my muffled yelling finally alerted him, along with my manic flailing. He rolled off of me, and I sat there, dazed. I stood up and cracked my back, and tried to regain all feeling in me. "Heh...sorry." He blushed, embarrassed. I have to say if he's as young as he sounds, he really needs to lose some pounds. He's at risk if you ask me. Obesity is no laughing matter.

"It's alright." I rubbed my head and looked over at all the ponies. Everyone seemed to be alright. But strangely enough, the Princess seemed to have disappeared. I'm sure she'll be back. That's when Aphrodite(I think that's what her name was. Either way it was that crazy mare from before) appeared right in my face. But for once, her face wasn't full of seduction and temptation, it was full of worry.

"Covette is hurt!" She told me as she grabbed me by the hoof and dragged me over by her. I noticed that everyone was standing over her, and I let out a soft and concerned sigh as I looked at her. She was lying on the ground on her side, with a large piece of glass embedded in her stomach, probably some of the shrapnel that had fallen off the castle. It rose and dropped with every breathe she took. Her breathing is also what concerned me, because it was very raspy and painful. I'm not sure, but I think it may had punctured a lung.

I knew that I had to step up and help. "Everyone get back!" I screamed forcefully. Covette opened her eyes to look at me, and scowled. "I'm a doctor!" And with that, everyone took three large steps back away from the injured mare. I surveyed the situation which didn't look good. I tried to touch the piece of glass, I wasn't going to remove it just yet, but I need to see how much is lodged inside of her. Covette tried to scoot away.

"No! Don't bucking touch me!" She screamed in agony. She tried to sit up and prove to everyone that she was fine. But the piece of glass got caught on the floor as she did, embedding it deeper inside of her. She let out a painful and bloodcurdling scream and plopped back down on her side. She closed her eyes, trying to make the pain go away.

She may not want me to help, but dammit I'm helping her anyway. She may have treated me like a pig, ever since I reunited with her over the last few days. Sure, I was a jerk to her when she was a filly on the street, but it's not going to stop me from helping her.

But I was missing my surgical tools. I can't do it without them.

"I-I need my tools!" I groaned. Covette let out a soft, and wheezing sigh. And just like that, Twilight appeared next to me, with...every single one of my tools?! "How did you-"

"Teleported to the hospital. Now help her!" She beckoned. Jeez, that was faster than I imagined. Wait, did he just STEAL surgical equipment? Eh, whatever. I'll ask her about it later.

I put on surgical gloves, and I gave some to Twilight. "I need a hoof." I told her, and she nodded. She put on gloves as well and waited for me to start. I know Twilight was smart, but for once, everyone was listening to me. Waiting for MY mark. It felt great. This is why I became a doctor, I feel empowered.

"We need to remove the glass." I said. I wanted to ask Twilight to put a cloth under Covette, but that would be too painful for her, and it was just plain unnecessary. I asked Twilight to use her magic to hold Covette steady as I removed the glass, I still didn't have anything to help Covette deal with her pain. So she was going to have to deal with it for now.

I slowly began to remove the piece of glass from Covette's stomach, all while she screamed in anguish, her eyes wide. I kept apologizing to her, and I kept telling her that it'll be over soon. Although I'm not sure about how truthful it was. I'm not sure if it actually made her feel better, however.

The piece of glass was definitely larger that I though. Almost a foot long. When the last of the glass slipped out of her, blood came pouring out afterwards, enough to make me thing that if I don't do something, she could die of blood loss. Twilight handed me a soft rag, and I held it to the would to sop up the blood. I like these kinds of rags because frankly they do a good job.

Princess Celestia finally returned at this time. "She's going to be fine. I'm sure of it." She said, and I gave her a determined nod. "Twilight, I need you to go and find Vanity and Ennui. Right now." She said. Twilight gave her a look of disbelief.

"I can't just leave Cashmere and Covette, Princess!" She said, but Celestia instantly shot her down.

"I'm sure Cashmere can handle the rest. I trust that he's been a doctor for quite some time now." I nodded. Actually I've been a doctor for the last four years. But still, it's better than having Twilight do it. She has the knowledge of how to do it. I have history.

"Alright..." Twilight looked at Aphrodite and Warble.

"Intel has told me that Ennui and Vanity have been taken to the Changeling nest." Celestia spoke, and Twilight nodded.

"I know exactly where that is." He motioned over to Aphrodite. "Come on, let's go." Warble frowned and jumped in front of her.

"What?! You take her and not me?" He cried.

"I can only take one pony. Because I have to teleport back with Ennui and Vanity, Warble." Twilight explained. It made a lot of sense. Teleporting isn't a very easy thing to do. But Teleporting others was even more difficult. I may not be a unicorn, but I know that for sure.

"But why her!?" Warble whined. It seemed like he was itching to help, but Twilight still thought Aphrodite was a better choice.

"No offense Warble, but I think you would be better off here helping Cashmere!" Twilight reasoned. Oh God no...

Warble let off a soft sigh, and a nod. I felt bad for the kid. Everyone takes him off as a pony who isn't very much help. Mostly due to the fact that he's pretty clumsy. I take back what I thought earlier. I wouldn't really mind if he help, as long as he didn't get Covette killed. I'm pretty sure I can think of small tasks for him to do. Warble took a seat next to Covette and waited for me to give further instructions. Covette hissed loudly.

"Go, Twilight." Celestia repeated, and with that, her and Aphrodite teleported off to find Ennui and Vanity. I just hope they hurry.

***

GRAGH!

I grunted as I smacked down another Changeling from mid flight. I was angry. I was literally seeing red. The blood in my veins was boiling at a whole different level. I didn't see colors. I only say dark, flying blurs in the sky. Each one I smacked down onto the balcony, with brute force. I may be old, but I'm stronger than most would think.

One by one, the Changelings tried to attack me. Try to bring me down. Try to end my life. NO! I'm not going down like that! I'm not a loser! I'm not a quitter.

My father always told me, when I would sit on his lap as a young colt, the most precious of advice. Advice I now live by every moment of my life.

"Fight until the end, boy." He said as he held a lit cigar to him mouth, giving me a loud grin. "Someone pushes you down, get up, get angry, and get even." He said. When I was younger, I had no idea what it would mean, but now I do, and this is the perfect moment.

My rage has now become my friend. Finally, after all these years, I can be angry, and I don't have to be shunned for it. My anger has always gotten in the way of things. It was why my love left me, why she cheated on me in the first place. Why I almost killed my best friend, whom she cheated on me with. Why I've been alone in a BUCKING CABIN for the last five years. Living my life in solitude. Well no more.

After this, I'm going to be someone. I am going to show my worth. I am going to find someone nice, and live in Ponyville near Applejack. Before I met her...god. She was the first pony I've talked to so far this year. And I gotta say, I'm glad it's her. She was so understanding of me, and she actually tried not to make me angry. Usually, when people tell others not to get me mad, especially young ones, that's their main goal. And most of the time, I end up pissed off.

But no longer. I feel confident in myself that I can meet someone. That I have a reason to keep on going through life. Never again will I be treated like a monster because I tend to get angry.

No more.

I smacked another Changeling out of the sky, sending it hurdling down to the crowded street below with it's other fallen brethren.

When I looked up, my heart dropped. Hundreds of Changelings were staring me dead in the eye. They seemed to be watching me, and I used this moment. I had tossed my saddlebag away from me while I was fighting, but I walked over and rustled through it. I pulled out a purple case, one that my dad gave to me before his passing. I flipped it open, and stared at the brown cigar staring back at me. I grinned and brought it to my lips, where it instantly ignited.

The Changelings let out a war cry and charged at me. I breathed out some smoke, before thinking what I hoped would not be my last thought. "Thank you father."

"COME ON!"

Author's Note:

Hmm, so...there we go. I decided to do some chapters from the sins point of view before I wrapped up the story. How does that sound folks?

So Covette hurt herself, and Cashmere is the only one who can possibly help. What could possibly go wrong?

So yeah. Not much to say. I'd like to admit, yes this story is getting...slower. But trust me, it will get better as time goes on.

Now it's time for CYNERYK'S DUMBASS ADVICE OF THE DAY!

Ahem *Puts on same broken monocle*

....Okay. I'm running out of Advice. If you guys have any, please tell me via PM. I'd appreciate it D:

Anyways, have a good one bros, and I enjoy comments and feedback. Tell me what you liked and didn't like. Favs and thumbs up are also appreciated!

PEACE!

-Cyneryk