• Published 7th Dec 2012
  • 4,152 Views, 555 Comments

Sin - MemoryLane



Lust. Greed. Gluttony. Wrath. Pride. Envy. Sloth. What do they mean?

  • ...
20
 555
 4,152

Ch. 12: Mirage

"I think I found it!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed from under a large pile of blankets. Ennui and I quickly snapped to attention. I was very relieved, especially because we've been here way longer than we should have. It wasn't a large room, but still. Ennui wasn't very much help, all she did was look over the bed that she was sleeping on a few times.

Rainbow Dash finally emerged from the pile with a golden colored key in her hooves. I cheered as Rainbow Dash flew over to the door and inserted the key into the lock, opening it.

"Finally!" I cheered, I almost bolted out of the bunker in excitement. I wanted to feel the fresh air so bad it was unbearable. The entire night I kept coughing due to the amount of dust and spider webs that were in there. I don't think Rainbow got much sleep either, I could notice that she was tossing and turning frequently last night. This journey's been hard on all of us...well not Ennui. Yet. I'm a little curious to find out how she's going to get to the Crystal Mountains.

I know she can be pretty active, but she barely ever shows it. She just wants to be lazy, and I think she gets a kick out of watching us go out of our way for her, for example, carrying her around(Which I hope I will not have to do again!)

I was immediately blinded by the bright sun, which shone directly in my eyes. I covered my eyes with my hooves to prevent myself from going blind. Rainbow Dash had the exact same problem and did the same. Ennui didn't seem to care, however. Needless to say, I am not going back inside of that bunker any time soon.

"Ahhh that fresh air..." Ennui muttered, stretching once again and letting the sun hit her body.

"Yeah, because you're Mrs. Outdoors..." Rainbow mumbled under her breathe, not quietly enough.

"Oh, no need to be jealous. I can't help it that even I am more adventurous than you." Ennui said sarcastically, with a smirk. Naturally, I assumed that Rainbow Dash could pick up sarcasm pretty easily since she was Mrs. Sarcasm herself. But I think what Ennui said more offended her to the point where she didn't care if it was sarcasm or not.

"WHAT!?" Rainbow yelled. She looked...hostile. "You can't be serious! I'm the most adventurous pony in these parts! If you'd read the papers you'd know that!"

"I do read the papers,"

I REALLY doubted that. "But I know I'm still more adventurous than you."

Rainbow looked fierce, but softened herself as a silly grin appeared on her face."Prove it. What did YOU do?" She poked Ennui's chest, causing take a step back. She her facial expression didn't seem to change.

"Guys...can we save this for later?" I tried to intrude, but they had none of it.

"Fine!" She exclaimed self-confidently."I'll prove it. I have the highest level barbarian amoung my Dungeons and Dragons group."

Rainbow and I looked at her in disbelief. Ennui inched closer to us, and whispered excitedly.

"Level 20."

I facehoofed, and Rainbow Dash looked furious.

"Seriously? Dungeons and Dragons? How the hay is that 'adventurous'?!"

Ennui smirked. "Play it for yourself. I've taken down a dragon all by myself. What about you?"

Rainbow Dash looked like she was going to explode. Ennui was really good at pushing buttons, no pun intended.

I was done listening to these two bicker, so I broke them up. "Enough!" I yelled, both ponies finally turned their attention to me. "We have a job to do, and ah'm not gonna listen to y'all fight the whole time." I told them, Rainbow Dash sighed, and I think I saw a tiny smile on Ennui's face, although I'm not for certain.

"She's right...let's get going..." Rainbow Dash groaned. I could tell that something was really bothering her now. Maybe what Ennui said actually pierced the pegasi's think skull. She did cheer up after a few more moments.

"Carry me?"

"No."

"Aww..."

Later, we finally exited Vanhoover after gathering our things. I offered to buy Ennui a bag so she can bring a few things along, but she insisted that it didn't matter and that we can hurry up and get this over with. I guess she expects us to give her food now, even though I wasn't too sure that we would have enough, so we stopped at a local market and picked up some snacks before we left.

I wrapped the Medallion around my neck, the weight of it didn't really seem to effect me as much as it did Rainbow Dash. It shone a ruby red, and flashed frequently.

Ennui already looked like she was having difficulties, she was lagging behind most of the time, wheezing occasionally. So much for what I thought about her earlier. She is REALLY not suited to the outdoors. But hey, being lazy is what that'll do to you, and I felt a little glad that I worked on Sweet Apple Acres, it prevents me from being lethargic like that.

"Can...we...take a...break?" Ennui wheezed, as we hiked up a large hill. Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes.

"Oh come on." Rainbow Dash pointed behind her. Everyone looked to see that we could still see Ennui's foreclosed house from where we were. Ennui didn't seem to care, and continued to plead.

"I...can't go on." For a moment I though she was going to collapse, but she stood her ground as she hiked. We had just left town, and it already looked like she was having problems. How are we going to get to the Crystal Mountians when Ennui can't even hike up a hill?

This was going to be an issue...

***

"Come back!" Rarity shouted after the strange green mare that just threatened us a few moments ago. Wow, this pony was fast. Unfortunately, we were the opposite, so we were quickly losing the mare. After a few moments, Cashmere and I had started to significantly slow down. Rarity kept running, trying not to let the mare get away.

I noticed that Rarity's horn had begun to glow, as she was going to try to force the mare to stop, but she was too far away.

"Go Rarity!" I half-yelled, hoping that the unicorn would be able to hear me. She must have, because at that moment she galloped much quicker than I have ever seen her before, it would have almost made Rainbow Dash jealous.

When Rarity was about ten feet behind the mare, her horn fully flowed and the magical aura slowly enveloped itself around the green mare's forelegs. With the momentum from how fast she was running, she was unable to stop properly and ended up going head over hoof, and face planting into the ground.

"Agh!" She yelled, trying to wiggle and shake Rarity's magic off of her to no avail. Rarity, Cashmere and I quickly walked up to the mare, as she wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. Rarity adjusted her mane, as it had gotten rustled up a little bit while she was running. I also noticed that she was sweating, and that she looked visibly angry.

"Ugh! I'm all sweaty and gross!" She exclaimed, taking out the same towel she used to dry herself off earlier manually out of her bag, and began to pat her forehead gingerly. She glared at the pony on the ground, inching closer to her.

"You! What was that all about!? Just look at me! I'm all gross!" Rarity exclaimed. Something about what Rarity said seemed to spark something in the unknown pony, and she angry bared her teeth.

"Haha! Of course! Rarity! Element of FREAKING Generosity!" She growled, not taking her eyes off Rarity. Rarity defensively took a step back, almost in surprise. I hid behind Cashmere for good measure. "You want me to look at you! Fine! You call yourself gross!? HA! You're fricken gorgeous! And all you're doing right now is complaining!"

"I'm not com-"

"Yes you are! It's sickening! A lot of ponies would KILL for your looks!" The mare was almost screaming furiously now. I was starting to get scared of her now. She turned to me now, and I continued to tremble behind Cashmere.

"You! I know you too!" She yelled at me. "Fluttershy! Element of Kindness! Yes! I know all of you and what you're friends do! You guys are in the paper every other damn week!"

I had a feeling that she was totally disregarding Cashmere at this point, and I honestly think that he as getting sick and tired of being ignored.

"Hey! Stop it!" He yelled back at her. "They did nothing to you! You have no right to treat them this way!" Her eyes bled into his, catching him slightly off guard. Her eyes were enough to make anyone off guard, especially me.

Hey, it looks like Cashmere was on our side this whole time. Yay!

"Shut up Cashmere." The pony said. Cashmere seemed very surprised when he heard the pony speak him name. Okay, now I was a little scared. It's understandable that she knows Rarity and I, but how does she know Cashmere? We just met him the other day!

"H-How do you know-"

"It's obvious you greedy little oaf!" The mare furiously tried to get ride herself off her magically chains, banging her hooves on the ground as to break them. But magic didn't work that way. "You have everything you could ever dream of! A Nice house, lots of money! But what do you do with it! Nothing! You hoard it in your mansion in your safe! Don't think I don't know! You have tons of money and you do nothing honorable with it!"

Cashmere, Rarity and I all dropped our jaws simultaneously.

"Now! If it was me! I would do something with it! Help the homeless! Help give foals a good education! Random acts of kindness!" When she uttered the word "kindness" she stared at me angrily. "I have to live on the streets! I have nothing!"

"Just calm down!"

"Leave me be!" She yelled, she stood up to try and run away again, only to fall down due to the magical chains.

"Look. We're only here because we need you. You're one of the ponies that can help us BRING world peace, that can help save lives."

The pony instantly stopped struggling and snapped to attention. "What do you mean?"

Rarity and I both explained our search for the seven ponies, and that she was one of them, most likely representing Envy, as most of...um...words she was spewing were that of pure jealousy.

"Psh. I'm no one special. I'm sure you can find someone better more suited than I am..."

"No, there isn't. This Medallion here brought us right to you. You're the one we need." I purred, holding up the Medallion. The pony stared at it in awe, before letting out a defeated sigh.

"Fine, I'll help. But just this once. And I'm doing it just to help bring peace to Equestria." She stated. Rarity eagerly released the magic locks around the ponies hooves, and let out a relaxed sigh. Using magic for that long for someone like Rarity can't be that easy.

"Good. Now that we have both ponies, we can head back to Ponyville." The turquoise pony stood up and dusted herself off, giving an unamused vibe.

"You never answered my question!" Cashmere exclaimed. "How do you know about my safe?" He questioned, which also reminded me to ask another question of my own.

"And who are you?"

The pony smirked, and brushed her mane out of her eyes. She glared at Cashmere. "That's something you don't need to know!"

Cashmere must have decided that since he knew nothing from his vault was taken, that it really didn't matter. The mare then looked over to me.

"Just call me Covette..."

***

After all of us had gathered our stuff, we met up in Aprodite's living room. Aphrodite didn't bring that big of a bag. When I asked her if she had all she needed, she winked at me and said "and more".

Well then...

"So! We're going to Appleloosa!?" Pinkie cheered. I think she was pretty excited, considering how much fun we had the last time we were there...

"Yes. There is a 50/50 chance that whoever we are searching for is there. So everyone keep you're eyes peeled." Pinkie and Aphrodite both nodded.

This was going to be difficult, teleporting long distances wasn't exactly an easy thing to do, especially when I have to bring two other ponies with me. It should be easier than when I teleported Pinkie and I to Las Pegasus, but I was still a little nervous. After a few minutes of harnessing my energy, I opened my eyes, so see that we were still in Aphrodite's room, and her and Pinkie were staring at me.

"We're still here!" Pinkie stated, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Yes, I know...just give me a second..."

I focused once again, trying as hard as I could. My horn glowed it's usual magenta color, and with a POOF, I felt the ground under me shift once again to that of a desert. When the pink smoke cleared, and I opened my eyes(I knew that I had done something right, because I could hear Aphrodite and Pinkie cough as they must have breathed in the smoke. Never a good thing to do.) I could see that we were at the Appleloosa train station.

"Yes!" Pinkie shouted, both tackling me and hugging me and almost making me lose my balance.

"Impressive." Aphrodite said, taking a look around the train station. I don't think she's ever even been outside of Las Pegasus, if you ask me.

"Thank you." I uttered back to her. Surprisingly, she wasn't very flirty today, I could tell that she was trying very hard to control herself.

I took out the Medallion and began to inspect it. We must have made the right choice, because it was blinking much more than what it was just a little bit ago. Apparently, whoever we're looking for is around here somewhere. The Medallion flashed as I faced my body towards the middle of town. I had to remind myself never to face away from Aphrodite, for obvious reasons.

"This way!"

Author's Note:

Okay, I finally got a chance to write this. Yaaaay library.

Anyways. Not much happened with Twilight's group. I'm saving the exciting things for later. Envy has been found. Aaaaand Applejack and Rainbow Dash are having pretty bad complications due to Ennui's...laziness.

I can't tell who I like to write more, Covette, Aphrodite, or Ennui. Eh, they're all still badass.

So, only three left to find. Gluttony, Wrath, and Pride. Let's see how this goes...

Now, CYNERYKS DUMBASS ADVICE OF THE DAY!

*Ahem*

If you're in the country, and excited for July 4th, don't worry! Just pee on an electric fence for a preview of what's to come! SPARKLES!

Aaaanywhore.

kthnxbye

-Cyneryk