• Published 7th Dec 2012
  • 4,152 Views, 555 Comments

Sin - MemoryLane



Lust. Greed. Gluttony. Wrath. Pride. Envy. Sloth. What do they mean?

  • ...
20
 555
 4,152

Ch. 32: Termination

Kindling closed his eyes slowly. Almost as if he was afraid. I had a very bad feeling about this. I prepared myself so that I would be able to quickly and accurately make a forcefield around him when he turned.

I knew little about Kindling. Except that, for an older stallion, he's definitely had a hard life. He spoke about himself to Applejack earlier, but he really didn't say anything else. I wonder what's going through his mind. I'm very curious to know myself.

"You got this, Kindling." I muttered to myself as I slowly felt Kindling slip away.

***

It's time.

It's time to gave into my sin. All I have to do is reflect on the moments in my life that made me angry. When was I the most angry? That was a hard question.

I think it was the incident with my best friend. Ha, Time Turner you were always such a smartass. It was kind of funny. We have been friends for about 20 years, ever since where were just children. I had the best memories with him.

It seemed like any other day. There was a slight overcast that evening, and it was on the verge of drizzling again. I was on my way home. It may not look like it, but I had many jobs throughout my life. I usually find a nice job, and end up moving to a new area with my wife and kid. More often than not we were on the move. I usually end up getting fired after a few weeks, however. Mainly because I get frustrated often, and tend to break things or curse out other employees.

Anyways, I come home. My son is no where to be found, instantly making me a little nervous. I called out for him, and for my wife. But the house was eerily quiet. I slowly walked through the house, scanning every room, calling out for someone. ANYONE. I was actually having bad thoughts in the back of my mind. Maybe something happened to them?

"Hun?" I called out as I opened my bedroom door. Only to see something that I really wish I hadn't.

My wife was in bed with my best friend.

"What the Hell?!" I shouted, causing both of them to snap to attention and stare at me motionlessly, as if they were deer caught in the headlights.

"Look! I can explain!" Time Turner stated, but it was too late. My anger was already rising. He was on top of my wife, so I grabbed him by the waist and tossed him over my shoulder onto the floor.

I stood on top of him and began to repeatedly punch the side of his face. "YOU WERE MY FRIEND. HOW COULD YOU!?" With every syllable I said, I gave his face another hard and merciless punch. I couldn't stop myself, I was too angry. I was blinded by my hatred and rage that I couldn't control my actions.

My wife was screaming at me. "Don't! It was me! I told him too! Just stop!" She begged. I didn't want to talk to her, or even see her right now. She tried to grab onto my forelegs to stop me from punching him. I didn't know what I was doing! I was angry! Without even thinking, I shoved her away. Not realizing that she had hit her head on the nightstand next to the bed. Blood was gushing from her head, and I didn't even notice, or care!

After I had calmed down, Time Turner was lying on the ground in pain after his mauling. The more I stared at him, the more I thought "What have I done?" My wife was sobbing on the ground, cursing me.

I didn't know what to do. I had no options. I grabbed the essentials, such as my pills and some clothes and money, and bolted.

A few hours later, I was apprehended by the police. I was heartbroken when I heard that my wife WAS going to press charges, but Time Turner convoked her not to. I'm surprised he didn't charge me himself. Is that what true friendship was? I'm still not completely sure, but it boggled my mind.

After I was released, I did what I had to. I left my son a note, saying how much I loved him, and taped it to his window, so my ex-wife wouldn't discover it before him. Oh, Charcoal...I love you. I'm sorry, for giving you this accursed sin! If only I had known.

I was dead inside. I didn't deserve to live in this world. I'm surrounded by kindness, and all I do is screw it up because I can't control myself! I had to isolate myself in the mountains for God sakes! I WANT MY LIFE BACK AND I WANT TO LIVE RIGHT!

***

Kindling had begun to growl to himself angrily. I knew that he had just given into his sin. What ever he was just thinking obviously made him extremely mad. I'm not sure if I really want to know.

All seven ponies' boxes were on the ground in the room, in order of when they gave into their sin. Before Kindling could get angry, he stopped. He stood there. Unmoving, staring at whatever was in front of him. My friends and I looked at the rest of the group. Everyone had stopped moving and talking. All the sins seemed to be in some sort of trance. Rarity waved a hoof in front of Vanity, who didn't even acknowledge her. She just kept staring forward, like a soldier.

Pinkie Pie went up and tapped the forcefield that Covette was in. "Is this some new kind of freeze tag?" She asked. I ignored her purposefully.

"The power...it's forming..." I whispered aloud to myself, barely loud enough for everyone to hear me. Before I had a chance to say anything else, all the forcefields simultaneously shattered, sending bits of hardened glass-like material crackling on the ground. All the ponies remained motionless.

My friends and I studied all the ponies in the line. But I noticed something strange, especially Aphrodite. I knew that they were immobile, so I wandered up to her.

Her body seemed to be taken over by a dark shadow. I was right in front of her, but I couldn't see any facial features, just the outline of her face, mane and body. Her eyes turned into that of an excessive pink. Her pupils were now missing. Before I had that much of a chance to get close to her, she exploded in a bright pink, fiery pillar. The pillar had broken a whole through the Castle ceiling. It was bright pink, and if I looked closely, I could see little hearts inside of it, rushing to get to the top of the pillar. I jumped back, before realizing that Aphrodite was alright on the inside of the inferno.

"Uhm...Twilight...?" Fluttershy squealed after taking one look at Aphrodite. Is this supposed to happen? She slowly trotted up to Warble and waved a hoof in front of his face, but to no avail. Without any warning, he was overtaken by the strange shadow, much like Aphrodite. Only his eyes grew a bright, sunset orange instead. "W-Warble?" Fluttershy cried. As she also fell back on her rump from surprise.

"Get back Fluttershy!" Rainbow Dash yelled as she dragged Fluttershy away from Warble. She knew exactly what was going to happen.

Warble erupted in fire. Much like Aphrodite's inferno pillar, except his was different. The flames were a bright orange, breaking through the ceiling also. Instead of hearts, I could see little pictures of random pastries and snacks inside bolting towards the top, even swirling around the inferno itself.

"What's going on Twilight?" Rarity asked, taking a step away from everyone.

Cashmere was next. Rarity seemed heartbroken as Cashmere's body turned into that of a shadow. "But...but..." His eyes were shining the color of wet grass. I couldn't help but notice that with every pillar they keep getting bigger with every pony. His pillar was, unsurprisingly, was a bright green. His icon(That everypony seemed to have, it seemed. Must be a sin thing) was multiple dollar signs. Didn't see that coming.

After Cashmere, was Ennui. I didn't see her turn into a shadow. I was focused just a little too much on Cashmere. By the time I looked over at her, she was already enveloped in her inferno, which seemed to shine brighter, although the flames were very dull and metallic gray. The icon that I saw in her flames were a few Z's.

"Twilight what's going on!?" Applejack repeated Rarity, who was almost freaking out at this moment. I just shook my head.

"I don't know! I think we did it!" I said what I was thinking, something which I've tried to teach myself not to do. It's not going so well, really.

"Ya think?!" Applejack questioned me, and I blushed. To be honest, I had no idea how this was going to work. I guess now we know for later. Applejack just sighed and went back to watching the sins gain their overall power. Something in the back of my mind was bugging me, and I haven't really thought about it until now...

Are they going to be alright?

Kindling's body turned into a shadow next. I'm pretty sure this was in some kind of chronological order that I was previously unknown about. His eyes shone a very dark red. I took a large step back from him, not wanting to take any risk. A large, blood colored inferno surrounded him. The largest one out of all the sins so far. There was no icon in his inferno. But I could of swore I saw blood somehow cascading from the pillar.

"Twilight!" Applejack said, taking my Element and tossing it(rather unsafely) to me. Luckily, I was just fast enough to be able to catch it. My friends put on their necklaces, which eat immediately shone as well. They were all set, all they needed was me.

I turned back to the last pony. Vanity. She looked absolutely frightening. Before I had time to react, her pillar literally exploded in front of me, larger than every other sins was. It sent me flying on my back, landing in a heap on the floor besides me friends.

"Are you okay?" Fluttershy asked repeatedly, her caring nature showing itself once again. I was a little groggy, but I wasted no time getting on my hooves.

Covette's pillar spouted a emerald flame that almost seemed the touch the heavens. The fire swirled around her like a tornado, but with her in the middle of it all. The flames seem to twirl in the air, although I could just faintly see various images of a skull and crossbones that almost seemed to float around her. As if it was dancing in the fire.

Vanity's pillar was a cerulean blue, much like her coat. It was almost double the size of Aphrodite's. I've figured out the order. It appeared that the sins erupted in order of the severity of their sins. Apparently, being prideful of yourself is worse than being sex-crazed. Which I can see. I saw various adjectives in her pillar. "Greatness", "Destined", "Excellence". But there was one word that stuck out to me that I saw in her pillar that I don't think should have.

Fate.

I looked back at my friends, who smiled at me in anticipation. I sighed, not wanting to leave the sins behind, but there was no choice. I hoped that after this, all 13 of us could remain friends. I hoped we all could make it, together.

This wasn't a very easy thing to do. But I turned around so I wouldn't have to hear the agonizing screams from the sins as the pillars burned them. They were being singed by their own flaws, slowly and painfully. Pinkie Pie actually covered Fluttershy's ears so she wouldn't have to hear.

I turned around and gave my friends a confirming nod before I put the crown on my head.

Author's Note:

I just want to say thank you so much for taking the time to read all of this, and for sticking with me and dealing with my bullshittery. I just want to say thank you SO MUCH, and I love you all! <3

So, the ending has finally arrived. The sins have disappeared. Reincarnated once again.

Or are they?

Now, it's time for CYNERYK'S DUMBASS ADVICE OF THE DAY!

...You know what? No. This is a sad time. No bullshit today!

*Breaks his monocle and throws it in the trash*

NO!

Anyways, thanks again for reading! And have a great day bros!

-Cyneryk