• Published 7th Dec 2012
  • 4,158 Views, 555 Comments

Sin - MemoryLane



Lust. Greed. Gluttony. Wrath. Pride. Envy. Sloth. What do they mean?

  • ...
20
 555
 4,158

Ch. 28: Shame

"What happened!?" I exclaimed. Even though Covette was ushering for him to open the door and let me out, he still refused to. He says I need to stay in here for a while to make sure that I'm okay. But it's weird, I feel fine! Well, other than the fact that my mane is a complete mess...

"Kindling! Open the damn door!" Covette shouted at him. I could feel that Kindling had his weight pressed on the door so I couldn't barge through it. I don't know why though, it's not like I would.

"Please let me out!" I begged. It was extremely dark in the room, and I remembered the distinct sound of shattering glass. I'm pretty sure the lightbulb got completely destroyed. I don't like the dark, and my fear began to crawl back into me. "It's dark in here! Come on!" I shouted.

"Like we would do that! You just tried to kill us!" Kindling announced. My jaw hung for a moment as I tried to consider what he had just said. I tried to..murder...them?!

"What are you talking about!?" I shouted, pounding on the door. "No I didn't!"

"The Hell you didn't!" Kindling angrily punched the door back, surprising me and sending me falling on my rump. "You tried to eat Covette!"

"EAT her!? Are you insane!? I'm not a cannibal!" I yelled to him, my anger starting to rise a little bit. This is ridiculous. To be honest, I didn't remember anything that had happened as of recently. The last thing I remember is Covette trying to stand up on her own, disregarding me. Sigh, well, what else is new? I've always been disregarded...

I heard my stomach growl, and I tried to hide it. I'm sure the sound of my stomach won't really help me get out of this situation. I silently shushed my tummy. "Yes you are! You gotta remember something like that!" Kindling shouted back angrily. I heard the clinking of what I assumed was his pills.

"Warble, it's true!" Covette shouted frustratingly. "You went batshit crazy!" She cursed, almost growling again. I could tell just from her tone that she was in pain. I was honestly kind of scared. I wasn't a murderer! I would never try to eat anyone! That's...that's just sick and wrong! Sure, I get really hungry sometimes, but never once have I had the craving for pony flesh! Honest!

I let a few frightened tears fall from my eyes. "Please! I'm not like that! Please open the door! I'm scared!" I shouted, hoping to make them feel just a little bit pitiful. I didn't care, I wanted OUT! The dark has never been my friend, and I've really been frightened of it ever since I was just a colt. When I was younger, I could have swore I saw somepony(Or some MONSTER) in the darkest corner of my room every night. I barely got any sleep as a child until my family and I moved into a different house.

"No! You're going to stay in there until we know for sure you're back to normal!" Kindling announced, making my heart drop, and making me sob just a little bit harder.

"Come on! This isn't funny! I don't like the dark-"

"Well I don't like getting attacked and almost eaten by some maniac pony either!" Kindling angrily shot back, keeping his pills right near him. I can hear them every time he moves.

"What's going on?" Said a new voice, followed by close footsteps. It was a very high and jumpy...

"Did I hear Warble?" Said another softer and more quiet voice. One that I instantly knew.

"Fluttershy! You have to let me out! It's dark in here!" Maybe if I could convince her to open the door, then she can convince Kindling. I doubt she'd be able to do it without convincing him. It'll only make him mad, and violent. I didn't want him getting mad at her.

"W-what's going on?" Fluttershy stuttered cutely.

"I know! Hide and seek?" Pinkie asked, I heard an audible groan come from Covette.

"No! This bastard tried to EAT Covette and I!" Kindling explained. Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie both gasped. I didn't say anything, I didn't really have much to say actually. I would plead my case later. "The kid went crazy! Asking us for 'just one bite'. He chased us until I eventually locked him in here." He knocked on the door. "Never knew you were so fast kid."

But...I'm not? I'm literally one of the slowest and least athletic in my class! Even the mares can run farther than I can. It was actually a little depressing...

"Warble..." Fluttershy walked up to the door, and spoke softly through it. "Is this true?"

"No!" I immediately shouted, but then I gave it some thought. "Well...maybe...I mean...I don't know! I don't remember anything!" I stuttered like an idiot to her. She just let out a soft sigh, and I had the worst feeling in the pit of my stomach. Well, there goes my chances with her. She thinks I'm a monster now. They all do. Just...just what the heck happened?

"Please...let me out..." I said softly. I tried to fix my mane, as to just in case they did open the door, they wouldn't take one look at me and think I just got out of a frenzy. This was all so confusing. I definitely didn't remember a thing. Well, I do remember something talking to me. Some sort of voice. But other than that...

"Let him out, Kindling!" Covette repeated herself, louder this time. With a sigh, he finally did, I flopped on my belly in the hallway excitedly, albeit trying to act sane. I didn't want them to lock me back in there. That was just downright terrifying. Fluttershy looked at me...differently. She didn't see me anymore. She only saw a monster who tried to hurt her new friends, and I knew it.

"Fluttershy, please! Listen to me." I tried to put a hoof on her shoulder, but she quickly backpedalled away. I could tell that she was a little afraid of me. Everypony else looked at me expectingly, like I was about to take a large bite out of her at any second. Of course, I wasn't, so I completely ignored them. "I have no idea what happened...honest! Please, I'm not a monster..." I explained to her, but I don't think it was working, because she kept looking at everyone else but me. "I'm not."

Fluttershy let out a soft sigh, before giving me a small(But slightly unsure) smile. "It's alright, Warble. I believe you." I knew that she still had her doubts, but as long as she forgave me, and that she didn't think of me as a monster, then I figure every things okay. I turned back to Kindling, as well as Covette, who was practically missing everything since Fluttershy and I were just out of her view. I'm pretty sure she's still on the bed in the adjacent room.

"I'm really sorry about what I did..." I looked at the ground apologetically.

"It's cool kid. Just watch it next time." Kindling joked.

"Whatever." Muttered Covette.

"Yay! Friends forever!" Pinkie was suddenly sitting on my back, causing me to do a massive double take. "Wasn't Cashmere with you guys?" Pinkie tilted her head in a ditzy, and confused manner.

Oh yeah. Wonder where he went...

***

I'm so sick of this.

I'm so sick of bring treated this way. Like I never care. Like I'm some rich asshole or something! It's irritating! Everything for me since I ever left my mansion has been nothing but...pain. I get my party destroyed by Rarity and Fluttershy, who then begin to immediately find a dislike for me(I was actually fond of Rarity. She was very pretty), then I get told that my parents passed on bad genes to me, which I shouldn't even have in the first place. All because the Princess was unwilling to change for herself! And I'M the selfish one!?

And lastly, to top it off Covette STILL hates me after what happened long ago. She really knows how to hold a grudge.

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I really wish I hadn't walked away from her back there, when she took my services for granted. Something about her tickles me inside, in a good way. Well, Covette. You want me dead? You want my money? Fine. I'll give it to you some way.

I stared down at the rusty knife that lay in front of me on one of the coffee tables, and pondered.

***

"How long have we been walking?" Vanity asked me nervously. I just shook my head. I had no idea. It seemed like we were walking forever. I was insanely hungry, and I could hear Vanity's stomach from here. I find it almost crazy how many Changeling we didn't see. Isn't this their nest? Where are they?

"Hey Vanity..." I began, after thinking of something. She quickly turned her head towards me. "You're Pride, right?" I asked. Before I could finish asking her the question, she cut me off.

"Yep! Pride! And it's quite fitting too! Of course a pony that was made to be showed off like me was meant to be Pride!" She boasted. I chuckled at her. She was so full of herself it was funny. But I didn't mind. She already answered my question anyways.

I'm not surprised that she doesn't have many friends. I doubt most ponies would want to put up with her anyways. It's funny. It's almost as if we were the same ponies, really. It's kind of awesome if you think about it.

I couldn't seem to get that one Changeling out of my mind. Why did I do that? I could have just...knocked him out or something. I could have banged his head into the wall! I could've done anything else! Why did I resort to that. It was almost killing me inside, knowing that I was a murderer.

"Hey Vanity. About what happened with the guard..." I trailed off, hoping she would get the gist.

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone." She whispered, smiling slyly at me. I found myself grinning.

After a while of walking, I found myself getting excessively sleepy. That's actually pretty common, but for some strange reason it was more rapid than usual. I'm not sure if Vanity was just muttering things under her breathe, or if it was the echo from some Changelings that we couldn't see, but I swore that I was hearing some voices. I couldn't tell where it was coming from, or if I was even just imagining it.

"Ennui?" A voice called out, one that I knew for sure was real. Vanity and I quickly turned around. "Vanity?" There were two figures behind us.

Vanity stepped in front of me. "Don't come any closer!" She yelled. The first figure walked closer to us, into the light. I noticed that the second figure wasn't even touching the ground...it appeared to be floating.

"Twilight?" I asked out loud. Twilight Sparkle nodded at me happily. The second figure also shone itself when it also appeared in the light. It was Aphrodite! Although she looked like an absolute mess, and she was unconscious... "What happened to her?" I habitually asked. "You guys party too hard or something?"

Twilight gave me a very angry look and sighed. "No! I'll explain later." She spat on the ground, like she had just swallowed a bug. "We need to hurry up and get out of here. You and Vanity aren't safe." She explained. Vanity just shrugged.

"No duh. We're in a freaking CHANGELING NEST!" She announced. Twilight groaned, it was obvious that she was in a hurry. But something in her mind was slowing her down. She was hurriedly trotting in place.

"We need to go!" And before I could take another breath, Twilight's horn glowed even brighter, and we all disappeared in a shining flash of light.

Author's Note:

This shit is hard! Really. Anyways, here ya go! This chapter...I'm sure there are going to be a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes, but I really didn't have time to check it because I just wanted to hurry up and upload it really. Well, Vanity and Ennui have been found. Warble gained back Fluttershy's trust. Aaaaand what's Cashmere going to do with that knife? Hmm...what's he plotting? Stay tuned!

I'm going to start wrapping up the story pretty soon. I know some of you say that I should keep it going, but to be honest, I can't. There's really nothing else I can do. But don't worry, there's still going to be plenty more chapters coming out!

Now, it's time for CYNERYK'S DUMBASS ADVICE OF THE DAY!

Ahem *Puts on monocle*

Don't give a woman advice: one should never give a woman anything she can't wear in the evening.

Thanks The Princess Rarity. I'm running out of Dumbass Advice. :3 Yay, sexism!(Please ladies, don't get butthurt over this. It's a joke, and no one actually thinks that)

(Maybe)

Anyways! Thanks for reading! And I hope you all have a great day!

-Cyneryk