• Published 7th Dec 2012
  • 4,163 Views, 555 Comments

Sin - MemoryLane



Lust. Greed. Gluttony. Wrath. Pride. Envy. Sloth. What do they mean?

  • ...
20
 555
 4,163

Ch. 14: Lovingly

"I'm...a what?" Warble trembled, after I had finished explaining to him what we needed him for, and about the Medallion, and the Changeling invasion. He didn't seem to be very excited about it, and I don't think he wanted to talk to me anymore either.

"You're one of the ponies that we need. You represent Gluttony-" I tried to explain, but Warble wasn't really interested in what I had to say.

He pitifully looked down at his large stomach before pushing away his single piece of pie that was sitting on the table angrily. "I'm not a glutton!" He shouted at me.

"Well, after how much you ate back there..."

I think that was a bad way to word that.

"So what?! I get hungry! It doesn't mean I'm some self-centered, food gobbling, fat ass!" He shouted, almost making a scene. It was obvious that he was in denial.

"The Medallion brought us right to you! You have to be! And I need you to come with us!" I asked politely. Warble was trying to keep himself cool, and I could see tears in his eyes. I'm not sure, but it seems like something is bothering him. Probably the fact that I just called him a glutton(Which he technically is). But I feel it stems from something much more than that.

"I'm not a glutton! Don't you EVER call me one! Got it!?" He threatened, raising a hoof in the air as if he wanted to punch my lights out. Something wasn't right here...

"Warble...are you ok?"

Warble opened his mouth to respond, but was interrupted when Pinkie came running in behind me with Aphrodite. Pinkie still had chunks of apple pie splattered on her face, which she began to furiously lick off, to the point that her face was squeaky clean. I never knew how flexible her tongue was...

"Pinkie! Are you alright?" I asked. After all, I'm pretty sure she just threw up behind the building. She nodded and rubbed her tummy.

"Yep! At first I felt super icky, but then Aphrodite gave me some medicine!" Aphrodite's eyes shifted from left to right nervously. "I feel great now! But my tummy feels a little ting-" Aphrodite took the liberty to shove a hoof into Pinkie's mouth, shutting her up. She smiled nervously.

"Oh! Pinkie! No need to be blathering on about the little details in life..."

I'm starting to get concerned...

Aphrodite looked eager to change the topic, and she looked at Warble. Great. I was going to have to introduce them. I just hoped that Warble wouldn't give in to her constant flirting. "Who's you're friend?"

I poked Warble, and he took a grumpy step away from me. "This is Warble." I pointed at Aphrodite, planning to make a point. "This is Aphrodite. She represents Lust." I explained. Hopefully if he meets Lust, he would feel better that he was Gluttony. I'm not to sure if it worked, however.

"Nice to meet ya." Warble muttered, blushing a little bit. It was obvious that he was already under Aphrodite's control, she just smirked, as if she was thinking "too easy".

"You too..." She smiled seductively at the Warble, and I could of swore I saw him shiver a little bit.

"I take it that's Pinkie?" Warble pointed. Pinkie finally squirmed out from under Aphrodite's grasp, much to her dismay. Pinkie got face to face with the chunky stallion, making him very uncomfortable.

"Yep! You're pretty hungry! You should come to Sugarcube Corner sometime! We make some of the GREATEST, BEST sweets there! Everypony loves them!"

Warble's ears poked up as the mention of sweets, but they quickly ducked back down as he remembered that he was NOT a glutton. "Yeah..."

I looked at Warble with pleading eyes. We needed him to join us, and we needed him one way or another. "Please? Can you just come with us? It won't be for that long..."

Warble's eyes shifted from me, to Aphrodite(Who was still eying him up), and then to Pinkie's, before he sighed. "Fine." He suddenly turned to me, and poked my chest. "But you have the wrong guy. I'm not a glutton..." He said, before he barged passed me, and nearly shoved Aphrodite to the ground.

"He seems like a nice guy!" Pinkie exclaimed, before bouncing out of the door after him. Aphrodite dusted herself off before letting out a lustful sigh.

"Hmm...big boy, isn't he? I like it..."

***

"Are we there yet?"

"No..."

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"Are we there yet?"

"NO!"

This is what has been going on for the last hour, after Ennui's little speech earlier I'm surprised she hasn't tried to be less provocative. Maybe she actually meant what she said, but I doubt she's really trying to change herself. Someponies never do, but it's not always a bad thing. Rainbow Dash was starting to get annoyed again.

"Ennui, stop askin' that." I called out to the mare in the back of the carriage. She poked her head out through the carriage window and shivered slightly. It was clear that we were getting close to the top of the mountain, as you could see little puddles of melted snow on the ground. And the temperature had begun to drop. Rainbow Dash and I couldn't help but shiver to ourselves. We weren't very used to the cold either. Ennui probably was, since she lived in Vanhoover, and it was known for being pretty chilly there.

"Sorry. I'm just a little impatient." She sighed. It was obvious she was trying to change her tone, but she wasn't doing so well to try and hide it. Her playful smile was still forever on her lips.

Remind you of someone, Applejack?

The more we walked, the colder the temperature got. Rainbow Dash and I were shivering furiously, and it was only getting darker. I considered taking a break and huddling inside of the carriage, but we'd lose even more ground. We only had around...three days? Four? I think I had actually forgotten, but even still, we didn't have any time to waste.

"Come ahn. At this rate, we'll be stuck out 'ere until nightfall." I exclaimed, snapping both mares back to the situation at hand. Rainbow and I continued to pull the heavy carriage down the trail. Eventually, it had even begun to snow, and my teeth began to chatter loudly as the snowflakes stuck to my snout and getting into my eyelashes.

I looked over at Rainbow Dash, and saw that she wasn't doing so good either. She was freezing, and her nose had began to run a little bit. She was shivering so bad that she was almost jumping, and she had begun to go pale. I started to get a little concerned.

"Rainbow" She must've realized that I was still there, and to save face, she lifted up her head with pride in a way to show to me that she was okay. I didn't really fall for it. "Are ya alright?"

"P-Psh! Y-y-ya! I'm-m f-fine!" She said in between shivers.

"Just tell me when ya need to take a break." I replied, and Rainbow simply said nothing, and we both kept walking. It didn't take long for the night to come, and I could almost hear Ennui snoring in the back of the carriage.

This was getting bad. Rainbow wasn't doing good, and neither was I. And not to be mean, but Ennui is doing absolutely nothing to help us out. It was also getting dark and the temperature was dropping dramatically. Also, we didn't have time to stop, and I was starting to get physically exhausted.

The snow was starting to come down harder and harder, to the point where I could barely see two feet in front of me, and the risk of being blinded by the snow was starting to increase.

"R-Rainbow?" I called out to her. I could barely see her, only the lighter colors in her hair, such as red and orange. She didn't respond. "Rainbow?"

I took off my harness that strapped me into the carriage and walked over to her. "Rainbow?"

My fears have come true. As I walked closer to her, I saw that she was almost frozen, and she had fallen into the snow. I couldn't tell if she was breathing.

"Rainbow! Wake up!"

***

"How far away is Ponyville anyways?" Covette asked no one in particular as we made our way down a woodland path. For some strange reason, everyone has been pretty talkative during the walk. I think it's because Covette is just naturally a little bit talkative, and Rarity, Cashmere and I were pretty used to each other by now. This is a nice bonding experience.

"Um...pretty far..." Rarity replied, putting a hoof to her chin as she tried to make an accurate guess. I assume that we'll get there by tomorrow. And that's exactly one day before we're due back anyways. Well, I can definitely say we made good time...

"Oh..." Covette said dejectedly. I could see that she wasn't very patient either.

"You still didn't answer my question..." Cashmere growled. I assume he's still curious about how she knew where he kept his money. To be honest, so was I.

"Oh. Well do you want the cold hard truth? Or do you want me to sugar coat it?" Covette asked in return. Cashmere rolled his eyes, not wanting to play games.

"Just tell me! I'm going to have to find a new place to stash my money after this..." He groaned. I saw that EVERYONE rolled their eyes at that.

"Fine." She stopped dead in her tracks and looked Cashmere in the eyes, face to face. "It's because I don't like you. And the other night, I was planning on stealing some of it." Cashmere let out a large gasp, and so did I. Rarity had a slight smirk on her face. "You know, give it to someone who NEEDS it. But then Rarity and Fluttershy came and intruded, and I was forced to leave."

And just like that, Covette broke their gaze and continued to grumpily walk down the trail with Rarity, who seemed to have taken a likening to the jealous mare. Cashmere's jaw was literally on the floor.

"Steal...from me!?" Cashmere bellowed angrily. He ran up to Covette and jumped in front of her, readying himself to fight her. "No one even ATTEMPTS to steal from me and gets away with it! Nobody!"

"Oh yeah? Well I did. What're ya gonna do about it?" She said smugly, a slight grin finally appearing on her face. Cashmere had reached a boiling point and extended a hoof to punch her, but luckily, she ducked and his hoof went flying over her.

"STOP!" I half-screamed as I jumped in front of them with what little courage I had, and on my hind legs. When both Cashmere and Covette finally stopped talking and arguing, I went back on all fours and back to my usual self. "Uhm, sorry about that..." I mumbled, as all three other ponies stared at me. I hid behind my mane.

***

Meanwhile, a purple unicorn watched the four bicker from behind the brush a little bit up the path. She annoying brushed her dark mane out of her face before letting out an amused smile.

"This is going to be easier than I thought..." She muttered quietly to herself. Fairly certain that the group would not be able to hear her over themselves and their arguing. Before she knew it, she turned from a purple unicorn, to a fairly orange earth pony, with a blonde mane, which she rustled up a little bit to make her look more dirty. She adjusted her cowpony hat before letting out a large scream before jumping out in front of the group.

***

"I agree with Fluttershy. Let's save this for later! We have many other tasks at hand..." Rarity said, taking my side. Before anyone had any time to give any threatening glances to one another, a voice pierced through the forest, causing me to shiver.

Everyone turned their gaze up the path, to see Applejack standing at the end of the path. Wait. APPLEJACK!?

"Applejack! I'm so glad to see you!" I uttered, before I noticed something. Her normal green eyes were...darker than usual, unless it was the lighting playing tricks on me again. Her mane and her body was very dirty, like she had been rolling around in the dirt. Which is almost normal for her, but she looked worse than usual. "Are you-"

"There no time!" She yelled in her usual southern drawl about 20 yards away from us. "Ya guys have ta help me! It's urgent! It's...it's Pinkie!" I noticed Covette roll her eyes again. If she knew Rarity and I, I'm sure that she knows Pinkie as well. And she isn't very surprised. Rarity took a step forward.

"What happened to Pinkie Pie?!" Rarity shouted, but Applejack just shook her head.

"There's no time! Just follow me!" Applejack yelled before running down the path in a flash. Rarity growled before running down the path after her, obviously tired of all this running she's been doing recently.

"Applejack!" She shouted. Covette and Cashmere immediately began to give chase, which prompted me to do so as well. Covette was quick, and had almost caught up with Rarity within moments, while Cashmere and I lagged behind.

I just hoped everything was alright...

***

"Applejack" ran up to a nearby cave, and ducked into the bushes inside of it. She hoped her plan would work, and that they were stupid enough to fall for it. From the bushes, she let out a small chuckle. As soon as they ran into the cave, all she had to do was seal them in, then she can finally stop this stupid wild goose chase...

"Become one with the darkness...heh."

***

Rarity had lost sight of the orange earth pony, panting heavily as she stopped for a moment, giving the other three of us a chance to rest up. "Applejack! Wait!" She shouted, only to receive nothing in response.

Covette was doing much better physically than Rarity, and barely needed to take a break. Cashmere and I, however.

"Where did she go?" Cashmere asked in-between wheezes, looking around. Covette just pointed down the path. When I looked, I saw a very ominous, and scary looking, dark cave. I trembled a little bit, I wasn't a big fan of the dark. At all.

"She probably went in there..." Covette explained.

"Y-you mean w-we have to go i-in there?" I stuttered. Covette sighed at my timidness, and Rarity put a hood on my shoulder, giving me a warm(yet exhausted) smile.

"It'll be fine darling. We'll be in and out before you know it!" Rarity exclaimed. I wasn't too sure. I had a very bad feeling about all of this, like something isn't right.

"I-I don't think we should go in there..." I managed to whisper. Covette groaned again, a little tired.

"Oh come on! Let's just go find what's-her-face and keep going to Ponyville. Get some backbone." She demanded, before walking towards the tunnel. I felt a single tear form in my eye, I didn't like being yelled at, especially for something that I can't help.

"Covette! You apologize!" Rarity shouted. Covette just shook her head.

"Let's go!" She yelled as she eagerly stepped inside of the cave. I looked at Rarity, who whispered to me that it's going to be alright, and the rest of us all walked into the cave, as hesitant as ever.

The cave was freezing cold, and there were puddles all over the ground, making the cavern floor very moist and slippery. I noticed that there were many stalactites and stalagmites all over the place. Pointing at me, almost as if they want to poke me, like the death spike's that they were.

I let out a very nervous squeal.

We were not even 20 feet into the cave, when the light's seem to go out. I turned around to see something that almost made me cry.

Applejack was moving a large boulder in front of the exit.