• Published 3rd Dec 2012
  • 569 Views, 7 Comments

A New Kind of Sound - B4ssxCello



Octavia and Vinyl are put face to face with a new challenge: Mixing their sounds together

  • ...
5
 7
 569

2 Bass

Vinyl watched Octavia’s face change colors and smiled, it was so easy to make her friend blush, the many times she had done it just by rubbing up against her in a hug was ridiculous, but it was always fun. She thought her friend would look very becoming in red, she also thought she would look good between the sheets, but she wasn't going to tell her that, she knew she liked girls, but she had no idea what Octavia thought of her.
“Pull your shirt down Pinkie!” said a very flustered Octavia, snapping Vinyl from her train of thought.
“Oki Doki Loki”, said the overly hyper girl.
“It was starting to get cold anyway, and the girls were getting all nice and cold!” Pinkie then cupped her chest, purely to torment Octavia so she would blush more, truth be told, it was warm in the room, so that wasn't really a problem, Octavia just rolled her eyes “Come on Vinyl, we are leaving, we got to go get started on that song!” Octavia said while stooping down and picking up her cello case. She started to straighten up, but then she tripped over her own feet, trying to avoid banging the cello against herself or the wall or the floor. Vinyl walked to where Octavia fell and snickered. “Wow have you always been this clumsy”? Vinyl teased holding out a hand for Octavia, Octavia grumbled and took the hand offered to her. “No I haven’t been, thank you very much”. Octavia grumbled. Vinyl laughed “calm your horses I was just teasing”. Vinyl said as she helped Octavia up on her feet. Once on her feet Octavia dusted off her dress in more embarrassment than need. “Ok are you done fussing over your clothes so we can head to my studio”? Vinyl asked with a smirk. Octavia nodded flustered and the two girls walked out the door their managers following right behind them arguing all the way. On the way down the steps, they ran into Mrs. Cake, who looked like she had something to say, then just looked at them and shook her head and let them pass.
“What was that about Vinyl?” Octavia asked, Vinyl just shrugged and replied, “Well, maybe she thinks that you are just going through a phase... You know how people are”. Octavia sighed, “yeah I know but that was just one person though, it’ll be fine right”? Vinyl shrugged “yeah I suppose so but you have to remember this is a small town news goes around fast”. Octavia waved a hand dismissively “it’ll be fine, I don’t take Mrs. Cake to be a gossiper anyway”. “You might be right, anyway we are almost there to my studio”. Vinyl said, finally after a few more miles they arrived to Vinyls studio, opening the door Vinyl groped for a lightswitch finally finding one and switching on the lights. Finally Octavia got a good look at the studio.
There was a portable dj table, cords strung all around the room and there were music notes everywhere, the floors are covered with a light blue carpet, the walls had white paint on them and there was a fridge in the corner next to the fridge was a air freshener closer smelling the air she discovered it smelled like cherry blossoms.
“Enjoying the view”? Octavia looked at Vinyl to see her looking at her curiously after asking the question. “So shall we get started?”
“Sure, i think it’s better to start now than to wait any longer,” Octavia mused softly,
“I mean, this is a song for a wedding of two of the coolest people I’ve had the pleasure of meeting.”
Vinyl laughed at her comment, “Good thing ‘Dash ain’t around to hear ya say that Tavi...She’d go totally wack hearing you drop that madness.” Octavia and Vinyl both laughed, knowing that the cyan pony would have gone and pulled a rainboom to prove otherwise. Vinyl walked over to the dj set and sat down motioning for Octavia to sit next to her. Octavia sat down next to Vinyl and watched as she stroked the keyboard of the piano.
“Alright Tavi how are we going to do this?” Vinyl asked. Octavia scratched her head, “hmm, lets try and go over notes, maybe a idea would come to mind?”
Vinyl nodded and the two mares got to work, they worked until they noticed the sun going down.
“Whoops its late and I have a job in 5 minutes”. Vinyl said Octavia nodded “at least we got some work done right?” Vinyl nodded, “alright so we can pick this up again sometime later”? Octavia nodded and stood up “alright I’ll leave you alone see you later”. With this Octavia walked out the door and started home. the blue-haired girl stood up grabbed her jacket and portable turntable and followed behind the cellist shortly after she left.


“What was that about Vinyl?” Octavia asked, Vinyl just shrugged and replied, “Well, maybe she thinks that you are just going through a phase... You know how people are”. Octavia sighed, “Yeah I know but that was just one person though, it’ll be fine right”? Vinyl shrugged “yeah I suppose so but you have to remember this is a small town news goes around fast”. Octavia waved a hand dismissively. “It’ll be fine, I don’t take Mrs. Cake to be a gossiper anyway”. “You might be right; anyway we have almost arrived at my studio”. Vinyl said, finally after a few more miles they arrived to Vinyl’s studio, opening the door Vinyl groped for a light switch finally finding one and switching on the lights. Finally Octavia got a good look at the studio.
There was a portable DJ table, cords strung all around the room and there were music notes everywhere, the floors are covered with a light blue carpet, the walls had white paint on them and there was a fridge in the corner next to the fridge was an air freshener closer smelling the air she discovered it smelled like cherry blossoms.
“Enjoying the view”? Octavia looked at Vinyl to see her looking at her curiously after asking the question. “So shall we get started?”
“Sure, I think it’s better to start now than to wait any longer,” Octavia mused softly,
“I mean, this is a song for a wedding of two of the coolest people I’ve had the pleasure of meeting.”
Vinyl laughed at her comment, “Good thing ‘Dash ain’t around to hear ya say that Tavi...She’d go totally ballistic hearing you drop that madness.” Octavia and Vinyl both laughed, knowing that the cyan pony would have gone and pulled a rain boom to prove otherwise. Vinyl walked over to the DJ set and sat down motioning for Octavia to sit next to her. Octavia sat down next to Vinyl and watched as she stroked the keyboard of the piano.
“Alright Tavi, how are we going to do this?” Vinyl asked. Octavia scratched her head, “Hmm, let’s try and go over notes, maybe an idea would come to mind?”
Vinyl nodded and the two mares got to work, they worked until they noticed the sun going down.
“Whoops it’s late and I have a job in 5 minutes”. Vinyl said Octavia nodded “at least we got some work done right?” Vinyl nodded, “alright so we can pick this up again sometime later”? Octavia nodded and stood up “alright I’ll leave you alone see you later”. With this Octavia walked out the door and started home. The blue-haired girl stood up grabbed her jacket and portable turntable and followed behind the cellist shortly after she left.

**********
at the party
“alright everyone! lets drop the bass!” Vinyl said into her microphone, testing it’s feedback and volume control, she nodded her head in a satisfied manner and turned to Pinkie Pie
“whatcha think Pinks? loud enough?” Pinkie Pie was collapsed on the ground, covered in streamers and non inflated balloons and a light above her was dangerously loose.
“oki doki loki, but maybe it was a bit too loud, when I say blown away, I didn't really mean blown away” all the other people who were setting up chuckled at that, because, like Pinkie Pie they were wrapped up in cords, streamers, string for balloons, and even AppleJack, who was providing food for the party had cake bits all over her and a tablecloth sort of obscuring her view, Vinyl just looked over and chuckled
“sorry guys, I forgot I had it set to ludicrous volume” everyone laughed and got disentangled and returned to work, everyone was in such a frenzy that they didn't notice dr Whooves slip in, unfortunately he slipped in right over vinyls cord for her turntable, breaking it, Vinyl went over to investigate
“ouch.” several sparks had came from the plugged in end when she tried to yank it out
“let me see.” said Dr.Whooves as he reached into his bag, searching for something.
“aha!” he exclaimed as he pulled out an object shaped like a pen but didn't look like it worked like one. everyone stared curiously as he put the broken end of the cord against the other end and weird noises emitted from the object.
“alright” said Dr.Whooves as he put the thing back into his pocket.
“that should have done the trick, try it out Vinyl.” the skeptical girl walked back over to the turntable and switched it back on, surprisingly, it worked
“holy crap! what is that thing?!?” exclaimed Vinyl as she rushed back over and pulled out the thing again.
“that” said Dr.Whooves, taking the thingy away, “ is a timey wimey space thingy called a sonic screwdriver. also, if you will allow me to open up that thingamajig on your table and use this, it will have a better tune, the acoustics on those tend to be terrible.”
Vinyl glared at him and stood protectively in front of her portable turntable.
“get one step near this thing with that freaky whatchamacallit and I will bass cannon your ass straight to the moon!” he backed off from the angry girl, holding up his hands in a peaceful salute
“no need to be prickly, just offering my help” Vinyl just sighed and shook her head.
“alright, now, you ready for tonight?” the Doctor nodded
“yep, I am” Vinyl just glared
“dressed like that? a suit has no place in a rave!” Dr.Whooves just shuffled his feet, blushing a bit
“well, this is all I have...” Vinyl just shook her head, as power gathered around her hands
“fine, since my powers usually lay in rave stuff, I will just change it” she aimed at him and turned his suit into a rave suit, she just shook her head at the stunned doctor
“even Derpy knows you're supposed to wear a rave outfit at a rave, just go and get the stuff ready.” the doctor scrambled to help set up the speakers and lights, they worked at it for 3 hours. and they were done by dusk.
“alright, lets open these doors and start the paaaaarTAY! Whoohoo!” declared Pinkie Pie as she crawled out of one of the speakers near the stand. everyone just face palmed as the pink haired girl stood up and pulled her shirt down covering her assets.
“I think Pinkie Pie hit the cupcakes to early”. Vinyl whispered to Octavia hiding a tray of them on the stand under her instrument of musical bliss, while the other girl stifled a giggle.
HeavyWeights, a person, jacked up on drugs ran over to the door screaming “LET’S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!!!” as he threw the doors open busting them from the hinges they sat on, causing the people outside to scatter around them staring in shock at what just happened.

Comments ( 3 )

thanks for the idea
1782721 im sure we can use that for our third chapter! thank you

hello everyone, we are putting this on haitus for awhile so we can fix the errors and such, have a good day everypony!:pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment