• Published 29th Nov 2012
  • 7,359 Views, 500 Comments

Geoverse Part Six: A Season Of Adventure - GeodesicDragon



Geo and Twilight deal with more stuff in Equestria — all of it leading to a big surprise for both of them...

  • ...
33
 500
 7,359

B5. Sixty-Three

"It's good of you to come and see me, John," I said, "because I've been bored out of my fucking skull with my new duties."

"Yes," John chuckled, "because being a Prince is so damn hard."

"I'd like to see you try and sit through a trade meeting with the gryphons while resisting the urge to throttle them." I snapped, "They're just so fucking picky!"

"Point taken," John replied, "which is why I'm here to help you relax and take the weight off."

"And what better way is there to relax," a voice said, "than by playing a fun game?"

John and I stopped walking and looked at each other. Suddenly there was a small bang and a cloud of smoke appeared in front of us. As we coughed and waved our hands, a familiar face appeared in front of us with a wide grin.

"Oh it's you, Discord." I said, "What the hell are you on about?"

Discord conjured a couch and lay across it with one hand over his face. He let out a loud and sarcastic sigh.

"You're not the only one around here who is bored, your Highness." he said wearily, "Ever since I resolved to give up chaos I have found myself restricted in what I can and cannot do."

"Uh huh," John mused, "and what does this have to do with us?"

Discord snapped his fingers, getting rid of the couch and appearing next to John before draping a hand over his shoulders.

"I'm so glad you asked me that," he replied, "because it just so happens that I have an idea for something fun to do!"

I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Just get to the point," I said, "and tell us what you've got planned. I'm so bored right now I'm up for pretty much anything."

"Ditto." John added.

Discord clapped his hands together gleefully.

"Good," he said, "because I was thinking. When I first met you I said that humans were immune to my powers. But earlier I realised that you also told me that you're not native to Equestria."

John and I looked at him for a moment before realisation hit us and we started backing away slowly, Discord shadowing our movements with a malevolent grin on his face. John and I turned around to run but Discord had already snapped his fingers and enveloped us in his strange magical aura.

We picked ourselves up from the floor and glared at the supposedly reformed Lord of Chaos as he beamed from ear to ear.

"What the hell did you—" I started, "Wait... why has my voice increased in pitch?"

"Fuck that," John's voice was different as well, "why the hell are you a woman now?"

Discord conjured a mirror and the two of us looked into it, only to be greeted with female faces staring back at us. We gasped in shock as Discord fell over laughing.

"You should see the looks on your faces!" he put his hands to his cheeks, "Priceless! But might I suggest that you find a way to reverse what I've done? I don't think the Royal Guard will take kindly to intruders."

"Change us back you dick," John snarled, "or I'll kick your arse!"

"Now now, Joanne," Discord replied, "that's no way for a lady to behave. You would do well to take lessons from Rarity."

John lunged for Discord's neck only for him to disappear in a puff of smoke, leaving behind mocking laughter.

"Damn it," I said, "we don't have time for this! We need to hurry up and find a way to remove this spell!"

"Maybe Twilight can help?" John asked, "Though to be honest it's a good thing Discord has done this. I was beginning to forget what a human woman looked like. And I look good."

"Yes," I sighed, "and I look just as good, if not better, but now is not the time to admire yourself! We need to move!"

I grabbed John by the arm and dragged him down the hall. He eventually snapped out of his trance and took the lead, helping us both to hide from the guards patrolling the castle.

Although the library was only a few minutes away, it took ten times longer to get there. The guard presence in the castle was higher than normal, but I put it down to Discord being around. I opened the door and bundled John inside.

"All right," I whispered, "I'll look for books while you keep an eye on the corridor. If anypony comes along, whistle."

John nodded and took his place at the door, opening it slightly so he could look out. I turned my attention to the shelves, and the many hundreds of books which were upon them.

"Maybe if I throw myself into the bookcase," I muttered, "I'll find the book we need in a heartbeat."

I elected not to do this because it would obviously attract unwanted attention and started trawling the shelves, reading the spines of the books as I came across them.

"Teleportation, telekinesis, potions, poisons..." I sighed, "this is going to take a while."

***

An hour later and I was at the very limits of my patience. I began to suspect that Discord knew we would come here, and so hid the book we were looking for. I just hoped he hadn't eaten it like he did those pages on reforming spells.

"Come on," I said to John, "let's get out of here and try the Starswirl the Bearded wing. I've got a key, so all we need to worry about are the guards."

"Do you really think the guards will be stupid enough to mistake you as an intruder?" he replied, "You're wearing your crown, and Discord is around. I'm pretty sure they'll know it's you."

"They've never seen a human woman before," I replied, "so they won't know what one is supposed to look like. I'd rather we sneak over there, instead of run the risk of sparking a security alert."

John sighed.

"Fine," he muttered, "then let's go before we're sp—oof!"

The door swung open, catching us both by surprise. John, knocked down by the door, quick scrambled to his feet and hid behind a shelf. The door opened some more and a guard entered. To my relief, it was Dusk Wind.

"Hello," he said cautiously, "Is anypony in here?"

"Psst, Dusk!" I whispered, "Over here."

"What are you doing?" John hissed, "He's gonna bust us!"

"I'm testing your theory." I replied as I entered Dusk's line of sight. He took a step back in alarm and produced a crossbow.

"Don't move," he shouted, "or I'll sh— Prince Geo?"

He looked me up and down, taking in the crown on my head and the royal sash across my chest.

"Yeah Dusk," I replied, "it's me. Discord is up to his old tricks. But he got John as well, so at least I'm not alone."

I pulled John out of his hiding place and we both stood sheepishly in front of Dusk, who promptly dropped his crossbow as he fell over howling with laughter.

"Yeah yeah," I sighed, "laugh it up. But might I be so bold as to remind you of your position, Sergeant?"

Dusk stopped laughing and snapped to attention.

"Sorry your Highness," he said, "I just wasn't expecting this. So, er, this is what human women look like? I'm impressed."

"Yeah," John simpered, "it is impressive. But I think I look better as a man, so we need to fix this. I don't want AJ seeing me like this."

"Too late, darlin'."

John and I went rigid with shock and turned around slowly. Dusk had forgotten to close the library door... which meant Applejack had seen and heard everything as she walked past. She entered the room with a large smile on her face. I was about to gloat, but then Twilight followed Applejack into the room. I facepalmed, John groaned, and Dusk pressed his muzzle to the ground as he bowed.

"Thank you, Dusk Wind," Twilight said, "you may take your leave. And we would appreciate it if you kept what you have seen here under wraps, do you understand?"

"Yes, your Majesty." Dusk replied as he swept out of the room, but not before letting out another small cackle. Twilight closed the door behind him and grinned.

"I must say," she said, "that when Discord said he was going to pull a prank, I thought he meant on Celestia, Luna, or myself and the other Element bearers. Besides, I thought humans were supposed to be immune to his powers?"

"Equestrian humans were," I replied, "but since we're not from Equestria, then of course we were fair game."

"But that's besides the point." John muttered, "Do you have any spells that can change us back?"

"I do," Twilight said, "but I don't want to use it just yet. Applejack, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

The two of them exchanged a sly glance and giggled. John and I looked at them in shock before looking at each other.

"I think we need to run some... experiments." Twilight said coyly, "Wouldn't you agree, Applejack?"

"Ah most certainly do." Applejack replied, "So why don't ya take us somewhere we can... do them?"

John and I barely had time to high-five each other before we were enveloped in the blinding aura of Twilight's teleportation spell.

Author's Note:

Vetnern's Idea: Discord turns John and Geo into women and they have to fix it before everypony finds out.

This was fun to write! :rainbowwild:

And before you ask: no, I am not going to write a clopfic about this. :trollestia: