• Published 29th Nov 2012
  • 7,358 Views, 500 Comments

Geoverse Part Six: A Season Of Adventure - GeodesicDragon



Geo and Twilight deal with more stuff in Equestria — all of it leading to a big surprise for both of them...

  • ...
33
 500
 7,358

B14. Faceblocked (NC)

"Name, Geo. Occupation, Prince of Equestria. Hometown... I'll keep that to myself, thanks. Current location, Ponyville."

I sat back from the screen and admired my profile on the newly-created Ponybook social network. The magic of science, or perhaps the science of magic, had helped Equestrians everywhere to get in touch with each other in a whole new way.

"And now," I said to myself, "for the final part of the puzzle. My profile picture. Now where is the one John took of me the last time he came to visit?... Ah-ha, here it is. Upload!"

Within seconds the picture had uploaded and was displayed proudly on my profile. I grinned as Twilight came into the room and noticed me sitting at the computer. She noticed my happy expression and came over to sit by my side. I pointed at the screen eagerly.

"What do you think?" I asked her, "Pretty cool, huh? It's just like being back on Earth... but I've got literally thousands of friend requests to go through!"

Twilight nodded and cast her eyes over my profile, taking in all the details that she could. She stopped at my picture and looked at it for a moment, before her eyes narrowed and she turned to glare at me. I shrank back from her sudden change in mood.

"Uhh, Twi?" I said, "Why are you looking at—"

"Do you love me?" Twilight interrupted. I did a double-take and narrowed my eyes back at her.

"Of course I do!" I snapped, "What kind of stupid question—"

"Then why," she demanded, "are you not using a picture of the two of us together for your profile?"

I blinked in surprise before letting out a small laugh. Twilight's eyes narrowed even further, making her displeasure crystal clear. She prodded me in the chest a couple of times in irritation.

"I'm not joking." she snarled, "Are you ashamed of me or something? Granted I may have some baby weight left over, but that doesn't mean you can—"

"The reason I'm not using a picture of the two of us together," I interrupted, "is because the one I'm using was taken using John's camera, and all of the pictures of us were taken by Pinkie Pie. John was visiting the other day and he had his camera with him, so I asked if he could take a photo."

Twilight snorted.

"And Pinkie Pie," I continued, "is still in the middle of her little Ace-induced mood swing, and is therefore very unlikely to pay us a visit now or in the near future."

Twilight sighed and her eyes returned to normal.

"Point taken," she said, "but I still want you to use a picture of the two of us. I want the world to know that you're mine."

"Oh don't worry about that," I said as I pointed at a section of the screen, "because I can assure you that everypony knows."

Twilight looked at where I was pointing and read the screen. After a moment a small smile graced her lips.

"Married to Twilight Sparkle..." she said, "good. Now I don't have to worry about anypony asking if you're single."

I rolled my eyes as Twilight took control of the mouse with her magic and scrolled up.

"Let's see what other photos you have," she mused, "because the one you're using is just... wrong."

"There's nothing wrong," I huffed, "with having a little bit of fun. Even if that 'fun' involves lots of alcohol."

"You're a Prince now, Geo," Twilight scolded, "so you have to come across as... 'a man of the people', I believe the phrase is."

"I like to think I already am," I replied, "because the 'people' love to party and get wasted. If they see that royalty is the same, then they're gonna love me even more."

Twilight sighed and clicked the mouse, opening up the photo album. As she looked through each of the pictures, her eyes started to narrow again. After a moment, she batted the mouse to one side and glared at me again.

"I'm not in any of the photos you've uploaded!" she cried, "It's true... you are ashamed of me!"

"But—" I started, only for Twilight to flare her wings angrily at me and rise to her full height. Tears began to form as she raised her voice at me.

"I thought what we had was special!" she shouted, "I thought that after everything we've been through you would be proud to call me your wife! But you don't even have any photos of me, or even our children for that matter!"

"If you could just—" I said.

"I'm not finished yet!" Twilight interrupted, "I thought you loved your family, but I can see now that we're not even worth the effort of uploading a few measly photos! What about all the times our children have made us proud? The things they've built with their blocks, the playtime we've shared, the looks on their little faces when they're asleep? Does all of that really mean nothing to you?"

We stood in silence for a moment before I realised that she was giving me a chance to answer.

"I can actually talk now?" I said sarcastically, "Good. Now if you would be so kind as to look at the top of the page..."

Twilight cocked her head at me but did as I asked. She took the mouse in her magic and scrolled back up. As she did, her expression changed from anger to embarrassment.

"My Family..." she said sheepishly, "I should have known."

"Need I remind you," I said, "that I am married to a mare who takes her organisation seriously? Of course I was going to put all the photos into their own albums!"

Twilight sat down and looked at me, her ears pinned back against her head while her cheeks blazed red. We looked into each others eyes for a moment before she suddenly lunged forward, wrapping her wings around me and nuzzling my cheek.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, "it was wrong of me to say all those hurtful things about you. You would never turn your back on your family or friends like that, and I was a fool to assume otherwise."

"Water under the bridge, Twi," I muttered, "but if it makes you feel better, then there's a camera in this room. Maybe I should update my profile picture, hmm?"

Twilight pulled back and nodded. I got up and walked over to a set of drawers, opening one and taking out a camera. I went back over to Twilight and put the camera on the table, turning on the self-timer. Twilight quickly composed herself and we leaned into each other while sitting nonchalantly on the couch.

The camera started its countdown and we both fixed smiles on our faces. A few seconds later the camera flashed, taking our photo. I picked it up and we looked at the photo.

"I'm happy with that." Twilight said, "Are you?"

"I am," I replied, "now to upload it to my profile."

I tried to get up from the couch but Twilight stopped me, using her wings to drag me back down to her.

"Not now," she said, "because there's something else we need to get done first. You can upload the picture later."

I looked at her blankly, causing her to giggle.

"We've just had an argument," she said, "and what do we always do after an argument...?"

"I'm not sure," I replied as I put the camera down, "perhaps you would be so kind as to enlighten me, dear?"

Twilight rolled her eyes — and then tackled me to the floor, her lips locking with mine.

As the moon rose over Canterlot the two of us proceeded to make amends, the camera showing the smiling faces of a couple very much in love.

Author's Note:

CanterlotGuardian's Idea: Geo makes a profile on a social networking site, but Twilight gets pissed when she notices that she's not in his profile picture.

Fucking hell, can't I write a Geo/Twilight scene where they don't end up doing it?