• Published 12th Oct 2012
  • 1,424 Views, 42 Comments

Derpy Who? The Story of My Life - Cabral095



Derpy has fled her home of Cloudsdale, and found a tiny town called, Ponyville.

  • ...
2
 42
 1,424

Epilogue

One Last Message

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes drowsily opened the next morning. Adjusting to the light, and diffusing the blur, my eyes opened to the sight of the sun peeking over the Equestrian mountains. I smiled and stretched my muscles. A yawn exited my body. It was going to be another beautiful day here in Ponyville. Since I didn’t have to be at the post office for another hour, I reached under my pillow, and pulled out my fathers photo album to pass the time.

I began to flip through all of the pictures once more, seeing my parents happy faces. It filled me with joy. I flipped through each page slowly, and cherished each picture. Taking in the beauty of the life they had. I flipped to the last page of the pictures my father had put in, and saw the photo I had placed. It was of Dinky and I at her last birthday.

I flipped through the rest of the pages in the book, to see how many were left to fill. Twenty-seven, quite a few more pictures to put in still. As I glanced at the back cover of the album, I noticed something peculiar about it. The back cover was swollen and plump. Looking as if it held secret contents. Curiosity overwhelmed me, and I tore the back cover off.

Letters flew out of the back of my photo album.

What are these?

A total of twelve envelops had been left in the back cover of this album, and for a reason I suspected. I gathered the now scattered old letters, grabbing one, it read, “The Griffon Kingdoms.”

These must be the adventures my father went on, and his journey of trying to find me.

I scrounged through the letters, trying to find the order in which they went. I finally stumbled upon a letter that read, “Where it all started.”

He must not have had a diary to keep his thoughts in on these travels. I thought, So these letters must be his diary.

I opened the first letter, pulled out the paper, and read.

‘My name is John Hooferman, and these are the words I write to whoever finds this. I write these letters as my diary, and as stories to share with my daughter, if I ever find her. I’m writing about the time lost spent trying to find her, and all of the creatures I have met. The life lessons learned, and the hardships and trials of an adventurer. A stallion with a single goal now, to find his daughter, no matter what the cost’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Notes: Yes everyone, I’m going to be making a sequel to the story. Don’t be expecting this story too soon, I will be taking my time in writing it, that and I’m also focused on “The Little Things In Life.” Once again, I thank you all for reading this story, and hoped you all enjoyed it.

~Cabral095 (AR)

Comments ( 17 )

1448850
enjoy it i do not
I LOVE IT!!!:flutterrage:

:raritystarry:
a....a....a sequil....*sniffle....THANK YOU SO MUHUHUCH!:raritycry:

1453261 Of course, this story deserves more!

1453863
you can say that again!:pinkiehappy:
you sir/mam have made a story that has gotton me addicted
and all i can say is thank you for a simple bliss in by normaly boring and dim life:pinkiesad2:

1459694 It does sort of resemble that doesn't it.

1479590 True but this time it was to the point of her leaving what had been her home for so long. Even though it was a tough place to live, but still to run away from a place you had known well and just abandon it is quite emotional. It's more along the lines of how fast paced this story was when I first wrote it, but the story is still very good despite my terrible writing way back when :derpytongue2:

1479659 I will reread it. Slowly. Very slowly. i will let every last word sink into my subconsious until i am derpy herself. :pinkiecrazy: (couldnt find a crazed twilight face)

1529637 They really do need a crazy Twilight pic. It would make all of the difference. I don't really know if reading it slowly will make a difference, but you never know. Like I said earlier, this story was fast paced when I first wrote it. (Way back when on FanFiction :derpytongue2:)

Well, it doesn't hurt to try, now does it?:twilightsmile:

1531489 I'm so glad you enjoyed the story, I should re read it myself, it has been sometime. I'll let you know if I cry too :raritywink: :rainbowlaugh:

Alrighty then. If you cry at your own story, youre a pro. Have fun! And bring some tissues for dem tears.:rainbowlaugh:

Intresting fact, this was the first pony fic I read (& rember at least).

1535901 Finally after some catching up on school, and some other things, as well as working on my other story, I finally read the story through and through, and I honestly got teary eyed now and again, I forgot how much I enjoyed this story. I really look forward to getting started on the sequel soon! Just need to do some more work on The Little Things In Life, and then my new story One Last Arrow. (Yes I started another, I hate my creative mind :derpytongue2:)

1631454 Thank you so much for the comment :twilightsmile: I'm glad you enjoyed the story! Look forward to the sequel, A Tale of Lost Time!

1647657 Oh really? Wow, that's pretty cool. I'm glad you at least remember the story :rainbowlaugh:

3523022 Ah crazy Twilight, my favorite moments are from that episode. I should probably take the time and overhaul this story, it is old, and my first, there's much to improve on, but it's still the first I wrote, and one I do love. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :pinkiehappy:

3523059 Your welcome. There's not really a whole lot to redo in your story. Just a few misspelled words here and there, a couple of missing words and that's it. Besides that, that's all.:pinkiesmile:

Login or register to comment