• Published 4th Feb 2024
  • 192 Views, 1 Comments

The Little Dragon and the Griffon's Underwater Adventure - mlpluvr



While spending two days at Maretropolis, Spike and Gabby were thrown into a perilous underwater journey, yet an epic adventure they ever experienced.

  • ...
 1
 192

Getting Ready For The Trip

Soon after breakfast and Twilight's conversation with Discord, Spike began packing up his stuff in his bedroom. His luggage has Power Ponies comics, a pack of gems Rarity gave him, sunblock, bottles of water, his camera, which is waterproof, and a swimsuit he got from his closet. As the little dragon finished packing his suitcase, he tried to move it, only to realize it was heavy.

"Geez, this weighs a ton," Spike said. "I hope I didn't put anything else in there."

As the young dragon struggled to move his luggage, Twilight entered his room to see if he needed help.

"Hey, you need a hand here?" She asked him.

"No, thanks. I got it," the little dragon replied as he tried to move his suitcase.

With all the strength Spike tried to move his luggage, it felt heavier and the little dragon gives up. Luckily for him, Twilight uses her magic to put all of his stuff in the right position of his suitcase. Even Spike was surprised by this.

"Wow, I never expected this, but... Thank you, Twilight," he said.

"No problem, Spike," the princess replied. "Sometimes, you need a little assistance from the princess."

"Well, at least I tried not to," the little dragon said.

Twilight giggled at his words after hearing that sentence.

"Oh, Spike..." she said as she patted the little dragon's head again.

"I gotta tell you, Twilight, I'm going to have a fun time at the beach. While I am there, maybe I can take any pictures of those sea creatures in the ocean. I know I overreacted about it earlier, but I hope Rarity and Discord will keep me safe no matter what happens. And I also hope Gabby will try to get along with Rarity a lot better than last time."

"I know you will, Spike," the alicorn princess said. "And at this point, I will make sure you won't get hurt."

With the smile on the young dragon's face, he shakes Twilight's hoof in agreement.

"Thank you, Twi," Spike said. "Also, can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead," Twilight said.

"So about the School of Friendship, do you think you can help your friends get the students ready for the fall semester while I'm away? I know it's 2 weeks from now, but I just want to make sure you know that."

"Oh, don't you worry, Spike," the alicorn princess said. "My friends and I got it under control."

"Heh, I knew you would say that," the little dragon said as Twilight giggled at his words. "Now, let's head to the train station, shall we?"

"Right behind you, Spike," she agreed as the young dragon and the alicorn princess departed from his bedroom.



Meanwhile in the Carousel Boutique, Rarity was seen packing up her stuff. While she was at it, she was making a special dress for the trip to Maretropolis. As she finished making the dress, Rarity was about to put it in her suitcase, but she realized there wasn't enough room for her luggage.

"Oh, dear," she said. "I think I put too many dresses in there. I wonder if I had another suitcase to put in."

As Rarity tried to figure out where she could put her special dress, her little sister Sweetie Belle entered Rarity's dressing room to see what she was doing.

"Hey, Rarity," the Cutie Mark Crusader greeted her. "What are you up to?"

"Just packing my stuff and going somewhere very special," she replied to her little sister.

"Ooh, really? What is it?" Sweetie Belle said with a happier tone.

"Well, now that you asked, I am going to the beach at Maretropolis with Spike, Discord, and also Gabby for two days," Rarity replied to her sister.

"Wow, you're going to Maretropolis for two days? That sounds... fantastic! What does it look like there?" Sweetie Belle said with enthusiasm.

"You know, I told Spike everything about this place. He was amazed, but then he overreact about the ocean and that 'giant squid' thing, but I told him the ocean is not as bad as it seems because he doesn't know what it looks like yet."

"Hmm... I see," Sweetie Belle said. "So, the ocean may not be as dangerous, but that giant squid you mentioned, it sounds pretty ominous. I hope Spike doesn't get eaten..."

"Oh, don't worry," Rarity told her sister. "Twilight ordered me and Discord to keep Spike safe under any circumstances."

"Oh, I see," Sweetie Belle said. "So, you're saying that Spike needs protection for the beach, right?"

"Yes," her older sister replied. "I want to make sure nothing bad happens to him."

"I hope so too," Sweetie Belle replied back. "By the way, I bet Gabby is going with you guys as well. I know that you and her had a bit of conflict from last week, but you both resolved your issues."

"Yes, we did," Rarity said. "But this time, I will make sure Gabby doesn't borrow Spike this time, and maybe try to get along with her more."

"Yeah, I see your point," the Cutie Mark Crusader replied. "Speaking of which, what are you doing with that dress of yours?"

"Oh, that?" Rarity said surprisingly. "I was about to put it in my luggage, but it seems like there's not enough room for it. Do you think you can help me find another suitcase to put my dress in?"

"Sure!" Sweetie Belle happily agreed.

After a few minutes, some of Rarity's dresses, including one for Maretropolis, were put in each luggage. Even Sweetie Belle was exhausted by helping her older sister.

"My goodness, was that other suitcase heavy..." She said as her face was sweating.

"Tell me about it," Rarity replied. "It could have been more heavier."

"I thought so too. But thanks for letting me help you put any dress in each luggage," Sweetie Belle said.

"You're welcome," Rarity replied.

The Cutie Mark Crusader smiled with confidence. "I would say though, this was a piece of cake, huh?"

"Yeah, it sure was," Rarity said.

"You can say that again," Sweetie Belle replied. "Also, can I ask you something?"

"Okay," her older sister replied.

"I know it sounds a bit crazy, but can I come to Maretropolis as well?"

"Oh, I don't know, darling," Rarity said. "I don't think our parents would appreciate you going to the beach with me. They will be worried sick about you."

"But I am getting older," Sweetie Belle replied. "I can't let you go out on your own without spending time with my older sister. I may be a Cutie Mark Crusader, but sometimes I want to catch up on what I am missing out on. Do you think my parents will allow me to go with you to Maretropolis? I know they wouldn't allow me to do it, but believe me. I want them to know I'm older enough to do things with you. Can you take my advice to what I'm saying?"

Rarity was a bit doubtful of what her little sister was saying. She started to think for a second. After a few seconds, Rarity lets out a sigh and spoke.

"Okay, Sweetie Belle. But we have to tell them to give us permission first, alright?"

"You got it, sis," the Cutie Mark Crusader replied as she and Rarity shake their hooves in agreement.



Meanwhile in Fluttershy's cottage, Discord was packing up his stuff, which he got from his dimension, in the living room. His luggage has beach clothes, a swimsuit, a pair of goggles, a duck floatie, and a camera. When the chaotic draconequus finished packing, he was exhausted and lays on the couch.

"Whew... Glad I didn't put too many things in there," Discord said with his face sweating. "Thanks for helping me, Flutters."

"My pleasure, Dizzy," she replied.

"I will say though, this is going to be the best vacation I ever had," Discord said.

"I know you will," Fluttershy replied. "But remember what Twilight said to you earlier. I don't want you to cause any trouble at Maretropolis. I know you are the Lord of Chaos and all, but at least try not to use your chaos magic, okay?"

"Alright, Fluttershy," the draconequus said. "I'll take your word for it."

"Perfect," the yellow pegasus replied as she shook Discord's paw in agreement.

"Also, if you're not aware, Spike overreacted about the ocean and the giant squid in the sea from earlier, and I want you to keep him safe." Then, Fluttershy's face turns stern. "But if that squid ever dares to hurt the little dragon, I will give it "The Stare" as a result." Lastly, her face turns back to a normal expression. "You see my point here, Discord?"

"Well, yes," the Lord of Chaos said. "That's what Twilight told me a few hours ago. She ordered me and Rarity to not let anything bad happen to him. And that squid in the sea, it would be easy if I can make it disappear."

Even Fluttershy giggled at his words.

"True, but it won't be that necessary," she said. "You know, the squid may be too hard to handle because it's one of the most dangerous creatures in the ocean."

"Yeah, I know," Discord said. "But I want to be sure Spike doesn't get hurt. I hope the ocean is not too dangerous."

"Don't worry. Rarity did say it's not as bad as it looks," Fluttershy said. "I'm sure Spike can take pictures of those cute creatures in the sea and I'll save a copy of them when you guys come back."

"You know, that sounds like a good idea," the draconequus said. "If I have a printer back in my dimension, maybe I can make a copy of those sea creature photos when I come back."

"Sounds perfect, Discord," Fluttershy said as she hugged the Lord of Chaos.

"Yeah. Thanks, Fluttershy," he said as he hugged her back.

"By the way, aren't you supposed to be meeting up with Spike and Rarity at the train station?" Fluttershy asked Discord. "I think you're running a bit late."

"What do you mean?" The Lord of Chaos said surprisingly. When he looks at his watch, Discord realizes he's running behind. "Oh, right! I totally forgot. Thanks for reminding me, Flutters. See you at the train station before I leave!" And just like that, the draconequus used his fingers to teleport to the train station. Even Fluttershy was feeling confident about it.

"You're welcome, Dizzy," she replied happily.



At the Ponyville Train Station, Spike and the five ponies all waited for Rarity and Discord to arrive. While they were having patience, the young dragon was having trouble waiting and began to feel anxious.

"Oh, boy..." Spike said nervously. "I hope they're not taking as long as I thought."

"Don't worry," Twilight told the little dragon. "I'm sure Rarity and Discord will be here in a few minutes. Maybe they need some more time."

"She's right, sugarcube," Applejack said. "Sometimes, when you are willing to go somewhere, everypony needs their time to sort things out."

"Yeah," Rainbow Dash chimed in. "Back when I was a filly, I always wanted to go see the Wonderbolts like every week, but there were times when my parents need to have their time to figure it out. It may have been chaotic at first, but in the end, it all worked out well."

"Aww, that's so sweet of you, Rainbow," Spike said.

"Heh, it's nothing I can't think about," she replied.

The four ponies and the young dragon giggled at her words. Even Rainbow was amused by it. Then, Rarity, Discord, and Sweetie Belle all arrived at the train station just in time.

"Oh, Spikey-Wikey!" Rarity said.

"Sorry we're late!" Discord called out.

"Hey, guys!" Spike said as he ran to the Lord of Chaos and Rarity. "Thank goodness you're here. I was worried that you guys were taking forever to get here."

"Oh, it was nothing too much," the purple-haired pony said. "We just needed some more time for ourselves."

"She has a point, kiddo," Discord told the young dragon. We wanted more time to get ready."

"I see," Spike said. "Thank you."

"No problem," the draconequus replied. "It's what I do all the time."

Even the little dragon giggled at his words. Then, Twilight walks to Rarity and Discord.

"I'm glad you two made it," the alicorn princess said. "What took you so long?"

"Well, I needed to rearrange my suitcases in order to fit in my special dress with the help of Sweetie Belle. She was a big help for me, though," Rarity said.

"And helping Fluttershy packing my stuff I got from my dimension was really hard work," Discord joined in.

"Well, that's good," the little dragon said.

As Twilight, Spike, Discord, and Rarity were having a conversation, Sweetie Belle walks towards the young dragon and greeted him.

"Hey there, Spike."

"Oh hi, Sweetie Belle," he greeted her as well. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, you see, I asked my sister I want to come to the beach at Maretropolis with you guys, but my parents would be worried sick about me if I go. So, I told Rarity if I can ask them for permission, and it turns out, they said "yes". And with that, Mom and Dad finally allowed me to come to the beach. Pretty awesome, right?"

"Yeah, it sure does," Spike said. "I'm going to have a fun time there! And wait till I take pictures of those sea creatures under the sea. I bet Fluttershy would totally love those photos."

"I'm sure she would," Sweetie Belle replied. "Also, Rarity told me about that giant squid in the ocean you were overreacting from earlier. I just hope you won't get eaten..."

"Ah, don't you worry," the young dragon said. "Rarity and Discord will make sure nothing bad happens to me. Twilight ordered them to keep me safe." Then, Spike turns to the Lord of Chaos and the purple-haired pony. "Right, guys?"

"Mm-hmm!" Rarity and Discord agreed as they nodded their heads.

"Well, I guess I feel better already," Sweetie Belle said.

"Great," Spike said. "With that being said, you guys ready for the summer fun at the beach?"

"You bet, kiddo!" Discord replied.

"I couldn't agree more, darling," Rarity replied as well.



Afterwards, Rarity had already bought the tickets, one for Gabby and five for Maretropolis. Then, the train showed up just in time. Just as the gang was about to leave, the four ponies, all the sudden, wanted to say goodbye because their little dragon friend is going to be away for two days.

"Have fun at the beach, Spike!" Pinkie Pie said. "And bring back some of those cupcakes for me while you're there!"

"You go get 'em, tiger!" Rainbow Dash told the little dragon.

"Let me know how the smooties taste, little fella," Applejack said.

"Take pictures of those cute sea creatures while you're there," Fluttershy told Spike. "I'll have Discord make a copy of them for the picture album."

"You got it, Flutters," the young dragon replied.

As the four girls finish their conversation, Twilight walks towards Spike.

"Hey there. Is there something you want to tell me?"

"Yes," Twilight said. "You have to be very careful out there in the ocean. Don't let anything bad happen to you. It may not be as dangerous, but I don't want you to get hurt. Please know from the bottom of my heart you'll be safe."

"I will, Twilight," the little dragon said to the alicorn princess. The two forms tears in their eyes and embraced into a hug.

"I love you," Spike said.

"I love you, too," Twilight replied.

The alicorn princess and the young dragon continued hugging until the pony conductor honk the train horn.

"ALL ABOARD!"

"Well, I better get going," Spike said.

"You're right," Twilight replied.

The two finished hugging each other and Spike walked to the train along with Rarity, Discord, and Sweetie Belle.

"Make sure you help your friends get the students ready for the fall semester while I'm away, okay?"

"I will!" Twilight replied.

As the four enter the train, the four girls say their byes to their friends.

"Bye, guys!" They said in unison.

"Let me know how it goes, Spike!" Applejack said.

"Don't cause trouble at the beach, Discord," Rainbow Dash told the draconequus.

"I won't," he replied.

"Have a great time there!" Pinkie said.

"Bring me back the pictures when you come back, Spike," Fluttershy called out.

"I will," Spike replied.

As the girls continued waving goodbye, the train was about to depart. Then, the young dragon peek out the window and sees Twilight outside of the station.

"Bye, Twilight," he said as he waved at the alicorn princess.

"Be safe," she replied.

As the train began to leave the station, the four friends set off to Griffonstone to pick up Gabby. Inside the train, Spike was feeling a little anxious, but not too much from earlier.

"I hope this works..." He said nervously.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment