• Published 28th Nov 2023
  • 246 Views, 5 Comments

AlwaysDressesInStyle's Ponyville CiderFest '23 Interactive App Stories - AlwaysDressesInStyle



Choose-your-own-adventure shorts written as part of the Interactive Storytelling Experience (The Book Of All Stories) for Ponyville Ciderfest 2023.

  • ...
 5
 246

PreviousChapters Next
Villain (309)

ENDING B (VILLAIN):

“I can handle myself up there.”

“I know you can.” You stroke her back.

“It’s what pegasi were born to do. There’s nothing in the sky I can’t handle.”

“Even jet engines?”

“Be serious. Any pilot worth his salt is flying above the storm.”

“You really want to go in alone?”

“I’ve flown solo in storms before. I’d only need help if I was trying to change the storm.”

“Earth doesn’t have magic. Our storms are different.”

“I know.” Her rage is barely constrained at this point. “That’s the whole point. I want…no, I need to know how different it really is. Ponies have been on Earth for years and we still don’t have any decent data.”

“What if… what if the worst happens?”

She opens her saddlebags and gives you her car keys. “Then congratulations, you’re the proud new owner of the convertible you always wanted, but talked yourself out of because it’s not sensible enough. You only live once. Live life to the fullest, or get out of the way of the ones who will.”

You take your hand off Sunny’s back. “I’d miss you. But if you need to do this, don’t let me stop you.”

“Really? You’re going to play that card?” She snorts and stamps her front hooves.

“Well, I would. I’m sure your family would miss you as well.”

“Nothing’s going to happen to me.” She pauses. “Probably.” She’s wavering.

It’s time to override her instincts with logic. “You know there are laws against this for a reason. Earth doesn’t want pegasi up there in these storms. Even if you won’t think of your own safety, you agreed to obey our laws when you came here.”

She grumbles and agitatedly flicks her tail. “Stupid law.” You’ve taken the wind out of her sails, even as the storm’s wind is picking up. She sighs and concedes defeat. “Come on, our food’s getting cold. If I can’t be up there, then I don’t want to be out here at all. I can feel that storm calling to me even now.”

You try and scritch her ears but she shrugs your hand off. “Not right now. I’m still mad at you.” Her tail is firmly tucked between her legs like a scolded dog as she trudges back into the pizzeria. You’ve taken away her thunder, literally, and it may be a while before she forgives you.

PreviousChapters Next