• Published 28th Nov 2023
  • 246 Views, 5 Comments

AlwaysDressesInStyle's Ponyville CiderFest '23 Interactive App Stories - AlwaysDressesInStyle



Choose-your-own-adventure shorts written as part of the Interactive Storytelling Experience (The Book Of All Stories) for Ponyville Ciderfest 2023.

  • ...
 5
 246

PreviousChapters Next
Snowball Fight

Hook: Winter is coming! Don't let it catch you off guard.

Story #186
Title: Snowball Fight
Keyword: Snowball
Characters: Snowcatcher, Flitterheart, Sunny Rays, Dewdrop Dazzle
Hero/Chaos/Villain


Winter has come to Whinnyapolis, right on schedule. It’s still early in the season, and the first snow of the season dumped eight inches on town, exactly as planned by the weather team. Whinnyapolis takes winter seriously, and the schools are all closed and most businesses have also shut down for the day so that families can spend time together.

Some have chosen to snuggle together by their fireplaces, while many are playing in the snow. There are snowmares and snow forts dotting front yards along the main street.

Splat. A snowball beans you right on the snout. You turn your head as a filly giggles mischievously and ducks behind a tree in the local park.

You knew there was a chance of getting pulled into a snowball fight. It’s the whole reason you went out in the first place. There’s only one thing to do: retaliation. “It is on!”

You gather up some snow, compact it into a nice sphere, and chase her into the park. Before you can throw it, the filly’s friends start pelting you with more snowballs. She’s led you right into an ambush.

You scramble for cover behind a shrub. It’s not ideal, but the fillies have already claimed the best hiding spots for themselves. At least it blocks a few of the snowballs lobbed your way. The inexperience of youth results in a number of other icy projectiles failing to reach their target.

But the unicorns, like that blue filly who drew you into this battle, aim true. The pegasi are worse, raining snow down on you from above.

You knew you were outnumbered, but as the fight goes on you realize just how lopsided a battle it really is. You’re up against seven unicorns, six pegasi, and a trio of earth ponies. Sixteen on one, how is that fair?

It’s not long before there’s dissension in the ranks, and it turns into an every pony for themselves free-for-all. You make a mad dash across the street and upgrade your cover to a parked wagon in the process. The pegasi can still get you, but the unicorns are having a harder time hitting what they can’t see.

The snowball fight is interrupted by a wavy, shimmering rainbow light appearing in the middle of the park. A truce is quickly called as the fillies march up to the mysterious anomaly. The blue unicorn who lured you into the fight introduces herself as Snowcatcher, and points to her friends, Flitterheart, Dewdrop Dazzle, and a bunch of others. It gets hard to keep track of them all after she introduces a yellow pegasus as Sunny Rays, which you can’t help but think is an ironic name given the environment she finds herself in.

Dewdrop throws a snowball that disappears into the strange disturbance. It doesn’t come back out the other side.

“It’s a portal!” Snowcatcher charges toward it. “I want to see where it goes!”

“Sounds like fun!” Flitterheart lands next to Snowcatcher.

“Wait!” You grab onto Snowcatcher’s tail.


[CHOICE]Do you let them go through the portal?

Of course not, it’s much too dangerous. (Hero)

Sure! It’s okay, I’ll be there with them. (Chaos)

Of course. (Villain)

PreviousChapters Next