• Published 28th Nov 2023
  • 246 Views, 5 Comments

AlwaysDressesInStyle's Ponyville CiderFest '23 Interactive App Stories - AlwaysDressesInStyle



Choose-your-own-adventure shorts written as part of the Interactive Storytelling Experience (The Book Of All Stories) for Ponyville Ciderfest 2023.

  • ...
 5
 246

PreviousChapters Next
Lost In Lava

Hook: Absolute power can't corrupt someone who's already been corrupted.

Story #198
Title: Lost In Lava
Keyword: Lava
Character: Lavan, Princess Tiffany, Sludge
Hero/Chaos/Villain


Royal Paradise, an oasis in the middle of the Jeweled Desert. It’s home to the six Princess Ponies, the guardians of all of Ponyland’s magic. Royal Paradise is everything one would expect the home of royalty to be – big, luxurious, and ostentatious. The Princess Ponies divide their time equally between hobbies each thinks are of the utmost importance, and arguing about which one of them should be queen. The princesses are completely incapable of agreeing with one another… except to agree that none of the others is fit to be queen.

In other words, it’s a land ripe for conquest. Lavan feels the time has finally come to claim the six magic wands for himself!

Lavan and his army of lava demons burst through cracks in the Jeweled Desert, riding on surfboards atop a rapidly moving lava flow.

“It’s Lavan!” The princesses screaming in terror are music to Lavan’s ears.

“Run!”

The lava demons have taken the princesses by surprise, and the ponies wave their wands uselessly as they gallop away from Lavan’s hordes. They create flowers and rainbows, which are completely powerless to stop his molten lava. Surrounded, they’re quickly forced to give up their wands. Five of the six princesses surrender, but their wands have been claimed by the sole pegasus in their group. The white pony takes to the sky, her white locks trailing in the breeze.

Lavan’s not going to let a little thing like being confined to the ground thwart him. The lava pools underneath him, and he releases it, riding a flaming tsunami towards his airborne enemy. She continues flying higher, doing her best to escape, but it’s no use. Lavan gets close enough to Princess Tiffany to grab her with his magic. She manages to escape, but drops the wands in the process. Lavan’s focus is on the wands, and he allows the pegasus to escape. If she couldn’t even stop him when she had her wand, he feels there’s nothing at all she could do to stop him without it.

The lava demons have herded the other five princesses towards the surfboards, and they take them hostage as they return to Lavan’s subterranean lair.

The princesses refuse to share their knowledge on how to use the wands, and Lavan orders his henchmen, Sludge, to throw them into the lava pits. When he protests, Lavan backhands him and relents, allowing Sludge to toss them in the dungeon instead, to be dealt with later. He decides he’ll have to deal with Sludge, too. It’s not good for other minions to see him questioning authority. Lavan likes being in charge. He likes power, and he’s not giving it up. He muses that he’ll send Sludge on a solo mission to deal with the ice orcs, and let them solve his problem once and for all.

Picking up all six of the wands, Lavan can feel their power coursing through his body, but can’t control it. The magic goes haywire, and random things start happening around the throne room. The wands are too powerful for him in his current form… Inspired, he puts five of the wands down and absorbs the remaining wand’s power directly into his body. His arm turns to crystal and he can finally feel the power inside of him. He quickly grabs another wand, and soon his other arm is crystalline as well. His legs, torso, and finally head join the party as the other wands are drained one at a time.

“Muhahahahahaha! Now is the time for conquest!”

One of his other lava demon lackeys bows and asks, “Where should we start, master?”


[CHOICE]

>Time to take down our rivals. (hero)

>
There’s only one thing that can stop us: the ponies. (villain)

>
Lavan is too big for Ponyland, too big for G1, too big for this franchise. (chaos)

PreviousChapters Next