• Published 28th Nov 2023
  • 246 Views, 5 Comments

AlwaysDressesInStyle's Ponyville CiderFest '23 Interactive App Stories - AlwaysDressesInStyle



Choose-your-own-adventure shorts written as part of the Interactive Storytelling Experience (The Book Of All Stories) for Ponyville Ciderfest 2023.

  • ...
 5
 246

PreviousChapters Next
Passion For Fashion

Hook: Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

Story #331
Title: Passion For Fashion
Keyword: Darling
Characters: Rainbow Dash, Zipzee
Chaos/Villain


Due to a mix-up at the travel agency, you’d arrived in a different Ponyville than the one you’d intended on visiting. Thanks to Minty, you’re stuck there, possibly forever. Of course she’d be the one to find you and break your only way to get home.

Minty is far and away the most hazardous thing in this environment. There are no monster attacks. No chaos lords. No poisonous plants that want to have a laugh at your expense. Just one really clumsy mare with OCD who should never be allowed to fly a balloon ever again. Not that you’re biased after the first, and last, time you ever went flying with her.

Aside from Minty, it’s rather peaceful, in all honesty. Maybe it isn’t the place you would’ve chosen to spend the rest of your life, but it’s way better than you ever would’ve expected. There are worse places to get stranded. Sure, you’re not going to get a cheeseburger any time soon, but it’s like an all-you-can-eat sweets buffet. Ice cream, candy, pastries… if it’s sugary, they’ve got massive quantities of it. It’s basically a five-year-old’s dream diet. Which isn’t surprising, since the entire world looks like it was designed specifically to appeal to five-year-old girls. Which it was.

Everypony’s super nice, too. Even Minty, who’s well-meaning, even though she’s a walking disaster area. It’s hard to dislike her.

The Spring Promenade is one of the most important events of the year in Ponyville. Everyone will be there. You’re a bit hazy on the details, but from what you’ve been told, the Breezies will arrive in town and distribute flower wreaths to everyone. Then there’s a parade and a fancy dance.

Rainbow Dash is the premiere fashion designer in Ponyville. She’s also the only clothier in town, but that’s beside the point. Ponyville may be bigger than Unicornia and Butterfly Island, but it’s still a small town. She makes everyone’s clothes, and that goes for you too. To be dressed in a Rainbow Dash original is to be dressed in style.

A sneeze catches your attention. A yellow Breezie tumbles through the air and smacks into you.

“Zipzee, darling, are you all right?” Rainbow asks.

The little fairy pony rights herself and nods. “I’m allergic to flowers.”

“So you’re a sneezy Breezie?” you ask.

Zipzee giggles. “Yep, yep, yep!” She puts a wreath of flowers on your head and zips away.

With the arrival of the Breezies, the start of the festivities draws nearer.

Rainbow Dash, also sporting a floral wreath, pulls out a rack of dresses and asks for your input. She’s designed all of them, surprise gifts for all of her friends in Ponyville. But she has a reputation to adhere to, so the prettiest dress is reserved for her.

She pulls out a rainbow dress, one you can tell she’s designed for herself. It’s as stunning as one would expect. There’s a pink dress, obviously for Pinkie Pie, and a green dress, definitely intended to be Minty’s.

The frilly pink dress has fancy ruffles, and also looks amazing. It’s a tossup between the rainbow dress and the pink dress. You know which one she likes best. But…


[CHOICE]Which dress do you tell Rainbow Dash to go with?

>The rainbow dress. It’s fabulosity knows no bounds. (chaos)

>
The pink dress. (villain)

PreviousChapters Next