• Published 28th Nov 2023
  • 246 Views, 5 Comments

AlwaysDressesInStyle's Ponyville CiderFest '23 Interactive App Stories - AlwaysDressesInStyle



Choose-your-own-adventure shorts written as part of the Interactive Storytelling Experience (The Book Of All Stories) for Ponyville Ciderfest 2023.

  • ...
 5
 246

PreviousChapters Next
Villain (322)

ENDING B (VILLAIN):

Whizzer’s never intentionally lost a race before. She’s lived her life in the fast lane since she was a filly. It goes against everything she’s ever believed in. But the car is worth more than the winner’s share of the purse. That thought nags her as she stands in the starting gate.

She’s still thinking about it when the race starts. She finally makes a decision while leading on the backstretch. In the end it’s not the bribe that decides the outcome, but rather the unsettling nature of those men. She feigns an injury in the third turn, going high and getting out of the racing groove. The rest of the pack thunders by her as she unbinds her wings, flying off the course.

She’s not an actress. She hovers, avoiding landing so nopony can get close enough to examine her. She rejects medical attention, citing a desire to see her own doctor, not an equine veterinarian. No one objects to that for fear of insulting her. She flies away, landing in the parking lot near a shiny red Ferrari. The doors are unlocked, the keys are in the ignition, and the title is in the glovebox. Everything appears to be on the up and up, and she drives off, considering retirement. She’s compromised everything she stands for.

PreviousChapters Next