• Published 2nd Oct 2012
  • 713 Views, 4 Comments

Starswirl Fluttershy Entry - Acalanatha (Accie)



Human protagonist meets Fluttershy at school

  • ...
 4
 713

A First Date!

I was beginning to get used to the hectic pace at Starswirl. Fluttershy, Shy-chan as she had me call her, was my unofficial guide of the school. She knew all the shortcuts and the less used paths on campus. Fluttershy could disappear and show up faster than Rainbow Dash, the champion runner.

My good luck didn't end just there, Miss Cherilee, our teacher, gave me the desk right next to Fluttershy. I also think Sensei liked me because I was always partnered with Fluttershy. Or maybe all my classmates hated her as a partner since no one else protested or seemed jealous.

Having Fluttershy around me all the time helped me overcome my initial shyness around her. Touching my hand or seeing her smile didn't make me blush as often. Sure if she gave me that beaming smile or hugged me, I still turned red and tingled all over.

Being friends with Fluttershy made me automatic friends with her eclectic mix of roommates. Twilight Sparkle- the studious and book friendly nerd, Rainbow Dash- the tomboy always prepared for new adventures, Rarity- the high-class fashionista that seemed out of place with her friends, Applejack- a hard working country girl that was always ready to help and always spoke her mind, Pinkie Pie- a girl who loves pastries and throwing surprise parties.

Starswirl had an interesting tradition with the female students. Your roommates all shared the same classes. That was great if everyone all got along, but dreadful if you were not. There were stories of these roommates, Trixie and Gilda that hated each other so much they were almost expelled. The rumor was that if Trixie wasn't one of the top magic students and Gilda one of the school's better athletes, the dean wouldn't have been so lenient.

Fluttershy and her friends completely welcomed me to their group. They always made room for me during lunch or school activities. They even let me go to their famous Pinkie Pie parties.

Pinkie Pie used to hold her parties in the lobby of the girls' dorm just so I could attend too. But all the girls in the dorm would eventually show up and made so much noise and such a big mess a special exception was made just for me. I was the only boy allowed to enter the girls' dorm before 6pm.

I decided to finally ask Fluttershy out on a date. Something simple, a dinner and a movie afterward if she was willing. It still took me a week to build up my courage to ask her. Each time I was alone with her I would get nervous and fidget. But before I could say something, I was always interrupted.

It was so bad Fluttershy finally approached me when we were finally alone. "Why are you acting so strange Blank-kun?" she asked. "Do you not like me anymore?" she said sadly.

I shaked my head no.

"Oh God! Do I smell?" she said hesitantly and checked her breath and sniffed her blouse.

I covered my mouth and chuckled while shaking no.

Fluttershy grabbed both my hands and looked into my eyes. Her intense concern made my whole body flush hot.

I splurted the words as quickly as possible, "I don't know, but maybe if you aren't doing anything. Maybe, perhaps and you don't have to say yes right now. We go have dinner and a date...together?" I was out of breath and wanted to run away before she could answer.

Fluttershy beamed the largest smile I've ever seen her make and nodded yes.

My heart thudded. She smiled while she spoke but I only saw her lips moving. My mind was swooning so much, I couldn't hear her at all. Once I calmed down, I heard what she was saying.

"It has cute animals and the direct says it's his best work ever," she happily said. "None of my roommates wanted to see it," she said and pouted.

Then she smiled and said, "I'm really happy. I...I was going to ask you to come it with me."

Fluttershy wanted to invite me!

"Let's go tonight!" she exclaimed.

She took out her phone and checked the movie times. "The Royal Luna has a 6:45pm and a 7:30pm. Let's see the 6:45pm," she said.

Before I could stop her she already purchased the tickets. My mouth dropped open.

"Oh no, I'm such a dummy! You probably wanted to buy those," she said as she sadly looked down.

"It's not a big deal. I can pay you right now," I said as I fumbled for my wallet and started to hand her some bills.

"No, no, no," she said and waved her hand to keep the money away.

She thought for a moment and said, "this is to repay you for all the help you've given me with my animals." She smiled and squeezed one of my hands.

I relented and put the money away. "But you have to Pinkie promise we go on another date," I said.

She giggled and smiled then put hand on her eye. "I Pinkie promise", she said.

The plan was to meet for dinner first then see the movie. My cell phone buzzed and I checked the message. It said On my way. Feeding the zoo took too long. See you at the movie. Save us seats.

Luckily the theater was close by and was only a short walk. My phone buzzed again and I looked at the message. Sorry here's your ticket and she sent me the e-ticket. I got in and saved a seat for both of us.

Parents and their children entered the theater. Seeing so many children and no adults started to embarrass me. No wonder none of her roommates wanted to go. The more kids that entered, the more I wished I could vanish in my seat and become invisible. Only the thought of Fluttershy sitting by my side kept me from leaving. I felt better when the children sat down and stopped staring at the sole person in the theater.

I nervously waited for her to arrive. I didn't even want to ask a stranger to save our spots to get snacks. Just as the lights dimmed she entered the theater and waved at me.

"I'm so sorry I'm late. You were so worried you didn't even get drinks and snacks? I'll be right back," said Fluttershy.

I tried to hand her money but she was gone too fast. Damn, this was turning into Fluttershy taking me on a date and not her.

She arrived hands full of drinks, popcorn and candy. She came near and exclaimed, "I messed up again. You probably want to get this too." Her grip loosened on the food tray and she almost dropped it.

I grabbed it just in time and put it on my lap as she sat down.

She squeezed my hand and in the dim light I saw her sad eyes.

I squeezed her hand and said, "it's ok Shy-chan. You already promised to go on another date with me. That's more than I ever hoped for."

"Aww," said Fluttershy. "From now on don't call me Shy-chan. Call me Fluttershy from now on," she said and from her tone I knew she was smiling.

I shuddered a moment from sheer joy and said, "as long as you call me Blank and not Blank-kun anymore."

I couldn't see if she was blushing in the darkness but I saw her looking down, lost in thought.

"You're right of course," she said happily. "Fluttershy and Blank from now on," she said.

The movie started and Fluttershy grabbed her drink while I held the popcorn between us. From the flickering light, I could see her taking delicate bites and sips enthralled with the story. I loved this movie. In the darkness I could study her and without making her nervous or self conscious.

The story had so many plot twists; I wondered how a child was supposed to comprehend such a complex story. I readied myself for the last and biggest twist. The hero dies and doesn't get the girl!

Quiet sobbing could be heard from all around the theater. But one voice became louder and started to bawl tears. It was from Fluttershy! I handed her some the unused napkins and patted her back to calm her down.

Seeing her tears wretched my heart and I swore that day to never make her cry. Her crying began to affect me and I began to feel the hot tears running down my face. I was thankful the dark theater hid my tears and I wiped them away.

I couldn't stand watching her this sad. I had to do something. I reached out in the darkness for Fluttershy's hand and felt her hand embrace mine.

"Why would they do such a thing?" she wailed.

Soon the whole theater was full of the sound of crying.

I squeezed her hand and whispered in her ear, "quick let's get out of here."

She nodded her head and we left. Fluttershy stopped crying but still looked depressed and look at the ground.

"We missed dinner, are you still hungry?" I asked.

She nodded no while pawing the ground with her foot.

"How about we walk around a little?" I asked again.

She nodded yes and tightly grabbed my hand. We walked in silence until the flashing lights of the arcade beckoned us. I got some coins and tried to find a game she might be interested in.

I pointed at a fighting game.

"That's too violent," she whispered but her mood was getting better.

I looked at a shooting game with zombie turkeys. Each time you beat a level feathers would blow around and the game would gobble. That made Fluttershy giggle but she didn't want to hurt animals, even zombie animals.

In the far corner was an ancient game. A soap bubble that had to avoid hazards while cleaning dirt. I finally got Fluttershy to play until a spider appeared during the bonus round.

"A spider," she shrieked and turned to run.

How could she love so many kinds of animals but be afraid of spiders? I rested my hands on her shoulders and said, "it's ok, it's just a game."

She turned and touched one of my hands that seemed to calm her down. "Tee hee," she said and cocked her head.

A sound came from the game and she turned.

"Oh no, I died," she said.

Fluttershy was no longer sad and not looking down anymore. She grabbed my hand and flashed a smile.

We walked to the rear exit and neared a UFO catcher claw game. Fluttershy became wide-eyed and touch the glass.

She hopped and pointed to a plush in the middle.

I looked and saw a white rabbit holding a carrot.

Fluttershy put her hands together and pleaded.

I put in a coin and moved the grabber for the rabbit. Try after try I kept missing or the plush fell out of the claws. Fluttershy patiently looked on and smiled.

I got more change but was quickly running out of cash. After a half-hour of playing I got the rabbit to the edge of the chute. My last coin should win it.

The claw grabbed and just let go. The plush dangled on the edge but didn't go in. I looked sadly at Fluttershy.

She gave a little smile and touched my arm to comfort me.

I hit my head on the machine and just stood there. I felt Fluttershy grab my arm tighter.

"Oh look," she said.

I opened my eyes and saw a plush fall over knocking the rabbit plush over.

Fluttershy opened the chute and immediately hugged and cuddled the rabbit. She smiled and grabbed my hand putting her fingers in mine.

I closed my fingers on hers and my body warmed. I felt like skipping with her as we left.

We came by a ramen vendor and I asked her, "Are you still hungry?"

She nodded yes and we stooped to pass the curtain and sat on the bar stools.

"But this time I get to pay," I said and she smiled and blushed.

The chef took our orders and brought back two piping hot bowls over in a few minutes.

Fluttershy held her hair out the way and puffed on the entire bowl to cool it down. She saw the lone egg and grabbed her chopsticks to pluck it out. It slipped and splashed and Fluttershy had a sad look.

I grabbed her Chinese spoon and scooped the egg into it.

Fluttershy used her chopsticks and saw if it slipped it feel back into the spoon. She smiled and ate the egg.

"The egg is the best part, but I'm usually too full at the end to eat it. So now I make sure to eat it first," she said and smiled.

"That makes sense," I said as I puffed on my noodles and slurped them down. "But I like shouyu eggs so much I always order two," I said and smiled back.

I carefully lifted one of the eggs and placed it in her bowl.

"But they're so good. You're just going to give it to me?" she questioned.

I nodded yes as I slurped down more noodles.

"I insist on sharing too," said Fluttershy. She poked the egg and managed to split it. She grabbed the bigger half in her chopsticks and held it by mouth to eat it.

"No Fluttershy it's ok. I want to have the whole…" I said.

Fluttershy at that moment popped the egg in my mouth. She smiled before I could protest and ate her half. "Mmmm," she said as she ate it.

She finally slurped her noodles but by that time they had puffed out to full size. "Oh, I hate it when they start to get soggy," she said.

"That's why I always eat the noodles first but there's something we can do," I said. I motioned the chef over and whispered in his ear.

The chef took the bowl away from a protesting Fluttershy and replaced her noodles with a batch of firm ones.

"They can do that!" she said.

"Only for number one customer," I said. I laughed and pointed my thumb at the chef. He chuckled and pointed up his thumb too.

With my belly as full and as warm as my heart we walked back to the girls' dorm. Fluttershy grabbed my hand and snuggled her plush rabbit the entire way back.

We stopped at the lobby. Boys weren't allowed any further. Myself being the only exception, but only before 6pm.

Applejack was behind the reception desk. A student was assigned the duty by rotation and it must be Applejack's turn. She put down the textbook she was highlighting and noting. She tipped her cowboy hat she wore whenever the teachers weren't around in greeting. She pointed to the clock. Next to it was a big sign that informed the students curfew started at 10pm. We had only a few minutes left.

"That was really fun!" Fluttershy said. I was thankful she had already forgotten that movie.

"Can we have another date soon?" Fluttershy said while she nervously blushed and looked down.

Fluttershy turned and gave a nervous glance at Applejack.

Applejack draped her hat over her eyes and said, "I don't see nuthin'."

Fluttershy got on the tips of her toes and kissed my cheek.

My body became hot and my hand covered the spot she touched, trying to preserve her precious gift.

Fluttershy turned and skipped up the stairs that led to the girls' dorm.

Her shift over, Applejack packed up her goods and got up. She pushed her hat back and as she passed me gave a cluck and said, "good luck pardna, Imma routin' fur ya."

Comments ( 3 )

This chapter is actually the story I submitted for the second round.

Sadly, I wasn't chosen.
Any critiques or comments to help me improve are welcomed.

the story is going perfect in my view keep it up your gonna go far kid:rainbowlaugh: gotta love music referances

Login or register to comment