• Published 3rd Aug 2023
  • 712 Views, 1 Comments

Luna has a dream - ImNew2023



Luna plays Metal Gear Revengeance and takes away some… questionable lessons from it.

  • ...
0
 1
 712

Luna has a dream

A year after meeting Twilight, Sunset Shimmer returns to Equestria to make amends with her former teacher.

As a token of friendship, Sunset gifted the royal sisters a collection of pop culture from the human world.

Unfortunately it had a negative effect on Luna after she played one game too many.

While walking through the halls of the castle, Celestia and Sunset heard a strange noise coming from Luna’s room.

“I’ve carved my own path! You follow your wrath! But maybe we’re both the same!”

Coming to a halt in front of her door, Celestia knocked on the door. When she didn’t get any response she simply pushed the door open.

Wincing at the sudden increase in volume of the music they heard earlier.

Sat in front of a TV, PlayStation controller firmly gripped in her hooves was Luna.

“Luna!” Celestia tried to yell over the loud music.

As her ears twitched slightly, Luna looked over her shoulder.

“Hi Tia!” She said, pausing her game and walking over to her sister. Happily bouncing as she did.

“Luna what is that noise?” Celestia asked, rubbing her ears to try and get the ringing out.

“Oh, I was playing one of the new games Sunset Shimmer gifted me. Thank you again for your generosity Sunset” Luna explained before turning her attention to the Unicron for a moment.

“You’re welcome again princess” Sunset said. Still slightly uncomfortable around Luna after growing up hearing about Nightmare Moon.

“Also I’m glad you're here, I’ve had a grand epiphany” Luna said.

Curious at what her sister had to say, Celestia sat herself down.

“Gone on” she said, excited to hear Luna’s thoughts.

“Well, it’s something I’ve been bothered with for a while. You know how our guards suck at their jobs?” Luna asked.

Celestia didn’t say anything, but she had to admit that the guard’s performance over the last few years hadn’t been up to scratch.

But they were trying their best against a shapeshifting army, magic eating centaur and the literal god of chaos so as far as the princess of the sun was concerned they were doing fine.

“Well, I’ve come to a conclusion. Equestria has had a thousand years of uninterrupted peace. Any force would become slacked in that time period” she continued.

Now that was something Celestia could agree with, any muscle or skill would grow weak if it wasn’t exercised or used after a long period of time.

“It isn’t just the guard however, the entirety of Equestria has become soft to the point they couldn’t fight their own way out of a wet paper bag” Luna stated.

“The fact that six mares with no military experience can trounce our guard and conquer the enemies of Equestria so easily just adds to the concern” she continued.

“Twilight and her friends… do solve a lot of our more pressing issues” Celestia admitted.

“Exactly, and thanks to my exposure to pop-culture from Sunset’s home I have discovered that the lands of America seem to be going through a similar impotence of government” Luna explained, peaking Celestia’s interest.

“Really?” Celestia asked.

“Indeed, but fear not sister, I have the solution” Luna said.

“You see Tia, I have a dream. That one day every pony in this nation will control their own destiny. A nation of the truly free, dammit.

A nation of action, not words, ruled by strength, not committee!

Where the law changes to suit the individual, not the other way around. Where power and justice are back where they belong: in the hands of the people! Where every stallion is free to think - to act - for himself!

Fuck all these limp-dick guards and chickenshit nobles.

Fuck this 24-hour Internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit! Fuck the magic of friendship! Fuck the media! FUCK ALL OF IT!

Equestria is diseased. Rotten to the core. There's no saving it - we need to pull it out by the roots. Wipe the slate clean. BURN IT DOWN! And from the ashes, a new Equestria will be born. Evolved, but untamed!

The weak will be purged and the strongest will thrive - free to live as they see fit, they'll make Equestira great again!...

In my new Equestira, ponies will die and kill for what they BELIEVE! Not for money. not for oil! Not for what they're told is right. Every pony will be free to fight his own wars!”

Looking at her sister in absolute horror Celestia tried to process what she just heard.

“So, what do you think?” Luna asked, an innocent, happy smile on her face.

“L-Luna! That’s a horrifying idea! Who put these ideas in your head!?” Celestia chided, concerned who had corrupted her sister.

“Senator Armstrong” Luna answered casually.

“W-who is Senator Armstrong?” Celestia asked, having more confusion than before.

“I think I can answer that Celestia” Sunset piped up, sounding slightly regretful considering she knew that this was her fault.

“Senator Armstrong is the main villain from one of the games I gave Princess Luna. But I didn’t think she'd agree with him” Sunset explained.

That almost horrified Celestia as much as Luna’s little speech.

“A game? You got the idea to commit mass atrocities from a GAME!?” Celesita asked, hoping this was all a big joke.

“He was very charismatic” Luna defended her argument.

“That’s it you’re going back to therapy!” Celestia stated, pointing at Luna with her hoof.

“But Tia” Luna whined.

“No buts! And as for you” Celesita stated before turning her head to a nervous Sunset.

“From now on, if you’re going to give Luna games please let me go over them first.

Luna would spend the next six months in intensive therapy until she learnt that genocide isn’t the answer to the government sucking at its job.

During that same period Celestia herself became an avid gamer. Having to play through every game Sunset brings through to make sure that it didn’t give Luna any more ideas.

She inevitably fell and became Daybreaker after trying to play Crusader Kings 3 as anything other than a genocidal maniac with a fully functioning eugenics program.

Don’t worry, Twilight and her friends fixed it.

It was a four part episode.

Comments ( 1 )

That's funny! Lol

Login or register to comment