• Published 29th Dec 2011
  • 1,809 Views, 5 Comments

Fluttershy in Wonderland - The Maelstrom



It's Fluttershy in Wonderland, what did you expect?

  • ...
 5
 1,809

Down the Rabbit hole

"Where to begin? Never been so easy with this one, Ah! I know, how about we start at the beginning? I've heard plenty of good reads start there, so why shouldn't ours? Yes, the beginning is where this one shall begin..."

It was midday in the outskirts of Ponyville, a few clouds dared to challenge their way across the sky, only to be kicked to vapor by the patrolling Weather Pegasi. The cottage farthest from Ponyville belonged to Fluttershy, known for her namesake shyness and being the living element of Kindness. As normal Fluttershy was going about her daily routine of checking up on her animals. Only this time she was panicking a bit, all morning she couldn't find her closest pet, Angel Bunny; Fluttershy knew he would probably be hiding from her for a while, but she never expected to not see him all morning. She stopped a moment and tried to think about why he would be acting this way.

"Oh, perhaps it was that book I read to all the animals last night. What was it called? I remember it was by a stallion named Carroling....was his first name Louey? Or was it Lewis?" Fluttershy sighed lightly at her rare forgetfulness. She continued on her way feeding and caring for many bird flocks. Only to be stopped by somepony.

"Hey, Fluttershy!" Came a high and very bubbly voice, Fluttershy turned from filling a bird feeder with seed to see Pinkie Pie looking up at her with a rather large dark green top hat on;

"Um, Pinkie, I'm sorry for intruding, but you do realize that hat is way to big for you?" Fluttershy asked as Pinkie's hat continued it's journey to devour Pinkie's head.

"Well, duh! Of course! How else would it keep my head dry from the rain?" Pinkie responded in a know-it-all voice.

Fluttershy turned her head to the sky, and saw the clear midday "Um, Pinkie, the Weather team said there weren't plans for a storm at all this week"

"I had a combo this morning: It was wobbly back legs, scrunchy nose and ear flop. That means rain is approaching" Pinkie said while demonstrating one of her many 'Pinkie senses'. They may not make much sense relation-wise, but everypony knew that when Pinkie's sense is going off, they knew to be alert.

"Well, anyway," Pinkie continued, "I heard you talking to yourself about a book, by the name of somepony of 'Carroling'? Here" Pinkie said as she took out a book from seemingly nowhere, it was a thick book that looked much too big for Pinkie to hold in her mouth. "I was going to return this to Twilight, but I don't think she'll mind if you read it for a while!"

"Um, Thanks?" Fluttershy responded as she took the book from Pinkie, and put it down on a nearby table.

"Just remember to return it to Twilight later!" Pinkie said before merrily hopping away


Fluttershy took the book Pinkie gave her, now that she was done caring for her animals at least, and brought it inside to read. On the cover of the book held the title: 'Alice's Adventure's in Wonderland' by Lewis Carroling. The cover showed a young filly with a blond mane and light blue dress wander around a forest made from enormous mushrooms, with a grinning cat looking her way from atop one of the mushroom trees.

"Is this the same book I read last night? Oh, I hope so," She said cautiously as she opened the book and began reading the filly Alice's adventures.


Fluttershy woke with a start, She noticed it was unnaturally dark, until she put a hoof to her face and pulled the book away from it.
"How long have I been out?" She asked, looking suspiciously at the book. Thunder shook the small cottage, scaring Fluttershy five feet into the air. She looked out one of her windows and saw that it was pouring rain as lightning danced across the sky. "Odd, I could of sworn the Weather Pegasi said no rain today" She dismissed this as a small mistake on their part. That's when she heard what sounded like the most chilling noise anypony could hear.

Rap tap tap

Fluttershy froze when she heard this, she couldn't see where it was coming from, until she slowly turned around and saw a large clock tapping itself against the outside of one of the cottage's windows.

The pegasus slowly inched her way toward the window, but froze when the creature holding the watch showed itself.

Up hopped Angel, holding the large pocket watch and pointing frantically at it. Besides his doused fur, Angel was wearing a purple vest and brown coat small enough for his tiny body. He continued tapping at the window until Fluttershy opened the door
"Angel! There you are, now come on. You'll catch a cold if you're out here!" Fluttershy said halfway out the door. The rabbit continued to stare at it's watch, a flash of lightning illuminated his panicked face before he hopped away into the Everfree Forest.

Fluttershy ran after him.
"Angel! Where are you going!" She yelled while flying after the seemingly faster rabbit. Finally she saw the fancy dressed rabbit by the foot of a large tree He held up his watch, pointed at it, before jumping head first into a hole at the foot of the tree.

Fluttershy ran after him, but when she got to the rabbit hole, all she could see was nothingness. She poked her head in to try and find Angel. Lightning struck. Causing the frightened Pegasus to clasp her wings and lose her footing, Fluttershy tripped over her hooves and fell Down the Rabbit Hole...


For what seemed like hours, Fluttershy finally opened her eyes. What greeted her, was less then homely. Furniture and architectural objects raced passed her as she continued her rapid decent down what ever hole she fell into. She screamed at her situation, and tried to get her wings out to stop herself, but her fear plastered her wings to the sides of her body

She bounced off a bed hard enough to quiet her, she looked around and saw about a dozen books flapping their binders as if they were flying about her. She looked down and saw nothing below her, just endless amounts of furniture and objects. No bottom in sight. This was it, she thought, doomed to fall down a bottomless pit forever.

Fluttershy's muscles relaxed when she thought this, and her wings limply fell to her side, before opening up and slowing her descent. She opened her eyes when she felt the wind blowing more softly against her, and nearly did a flip in happiness when she saw her wings were out. Finally, a bottom was seen, and Fluttershy gently landed onto the pink-hued cobblestone flooring.

The small arched hallway was odd enough it was furnished with a few plushy chairs and couches. Fluttershy started to wonder if she accidentally stumbled across somepony's summer home, although why would anypony decide to live down here was beyond her.

"Ok, I just find Angel and I fly out of here. Simple as that..." Fluttershy reminded herself, she looked around the small corridor searching for anything. When suddenly the door at the end of the hallway closed, Fluttershy ran over to the door and opened it.

She was greeted by a smaller door.

Confused, Fluttershy opened this door, and there was another, she opened that one, and there was yet another. Fluttershy continued to open the shrinking doors until she reached a door that was just a bit bigger then herself. She opened this one last door and was greeted by the sounds of chirping. Now invigorated by there was more creatures here, Fluttershy pushed herself though the tiny door, and what laid before her was a beautiful sight.

The door she emerged from was found on a small plateau with a few steps leading to the land below, the door connected to nothing behind it, it just stood there defying all laws of everything. The magnificent garden the small plateau overlook was beautiful. Massive flowers showed themselves all around, and a forest with rather large mushrooms could be seen in the distance. The sky was colored a light greyish blue, the sun showed itself to be afternoon, but there wasn't a cloud at all.

But it was a sign that caught Fluttershy's eye, it was an old sign by the looks of it, probably put there years ago and forgotten. There were only three words on the sign, but they captivated the Imagination.

The words were:

'Strange Garden'
'Wonderland'

Comments ( 5 )

awesome!!!!!!!!!:twilightsmile::heart:

i think that it would of sound better with pinkie as alice and fluttershy as the mad hatter ( or hatta in some verisons) becuase the mad hatter is based off the fact that hatters would be poisened by mercury cuasing extreme shyness and the wanting to not be noticed. but your way is fine to...:fluttershyouch:

147067
Extreme Shyness? Odd, never knew that....
Derp on my part, I guess:derpytongue2:

Now invigorated by there was more creatures here, Fluttershy pushed herself though the tiny door, and what laid before her was a beautiful sight.

what?

That was really good! You're obviously not following the story in the exact same way, but I think that's okay. I kind of want to see Fluttershy's new adventure in wonderland. One point though, "Through the Looking Glass" starts in a garden. It bothered me that you ended there. I don't know why.

Login or register to comment