• Published 9th May 2023
  • 162 Views, 1 Comments

Moonlit Style - Enkah



Luna helps a young filly gain confidence to fight her fears.

  • ...
 1
 162

The darkness vanquished at last.

Author's Note:

A little story for fun, hope you like it.

“Sister!” Luna piped, her voice ringing in the air.

“Yes, Luna?” Princess Celestia answered, clearly not surprised at Luna’s sudden appearance.

“The preparations have been finished, Your Highness. The sun is ready to be set.”

“So be it,” She said with a regal nod and began to lower the sun slowly over the horizon, while the moon emerged from behind the clouds.

“Goodnight, my dearest sister. I wish for you to have a pleasant rest,” Luna softly murmured.

As Princess Luna gazed up at the moon, she noticed a young unicorn filly standing a few feet away from her. Her coat was a deep shade of blue and her mane was a silvery white that shimmered in the moonlight. Luna did not recognize her.

“Hello there, what might your name be little one?” Luna said softly, approaching the young unicorn. “What brings you to my dream?”

The little filly looked up at Luna with a mix of awe and fear. “Moonlit Style,” She said “I-I’m sorry, Your Highness. I didn’t mean to intrude. I just...I can never sleep soundly, and I heard that you have the power to enter ponies’ dreams.”

Luna smiled kindly at the filly. “Indeed, I do. And you are not intruding, Moonlit Style. In fact, I am pleased to make your acquaintance.”

The two ponies stood in silence for a moment, the only sound being the soft rustling of the leaves in the breeze. Luna studied the young filly’s face, and noticed the dark circles under her eyes.

“Tell me, Moonlit Style, why do you have trouble sleeping?” Luna asked gently.

The filly looked down at her hooves, unsure of how to answer. “I have...nightmares,” she finally whispered, her voice barely audible.

Luna nodded in understanding. “I see,” she said softly. “Well, fear not, Moonlit Style. I am here to help you. Let us delve into your dreams and face your fears together.”

The filly looked up at Luna, her eyes wide with surprise and gratitude. “Thank you, Your Highness,” she said, her voice filled with emotion.

Luna smiled warmly at the young unicorn, and with a wave of her horn, the two of them were transported into Moonlit Style’s dream. They stood in the middle of a dark, foreboding forest,

“What is this?” Luna asked, gazing at the Everfree Forest around her.

“Yes, Your Highness,” Moonlit Style replied softly, her voice trembling slightly. “This is where my nightmares take me.”

Luna nodded in acknowledgement and looked around grimly. “Let us proceed with caution,” she said, taking the lead as they stepped forward into the forest.

As they advanced, Luna noticed that the trees seemed animated, their branches extending outward to grab at them. She quickly conjured a protective shield spell to provide safety for both of them.

Moonlit Style gazed up at Luna with admiration and awe. “You’re incredible, Your Highness,” she said in wonderment.

Luna smiled down at the filly, her eyes twinkling with warmth. “Thank you, Moonlit Style. But remember that we are in this together.”

The two of them continued on until a clearing came into view. In the center of it stood an ominous figure shrouded in darkness, its piercing eyes glowing eerily.

Luna felt a chill run through her bones when she saw the silhouette-it was familiar to her; one which had once consumed her mind completely until nothing remained except Nightmare Moon—a chilling reminder of the power such immense darkness could have over a small filly’s soul. Her determination hardened as she remembered what she had become before and vowed not to let fear consume her again.

Luna’s horn lit up brightly, and she gave Moonlit a determined look. “We must defeat this creature,” she said sternly, her voice filled with determination.

The figure laughed mockingly. “Do you think you can do it, Princess? I took you over before—you know how powerful I am! I’ll have this little filly in no time.” It pointed at Moonlit with a sinister grin.

Luna growled in frustration and launched forward, her magic colliding with the creature’s darkness in an epic battle of light versus dark. Sparks flew as Luna fought fiercely to protect the young unicorn from harm, but the creature was too strong and it managed to land a few blows on Luna that made her bleed.

The young filly watched in horror as the darkness of Luna’s plight was imminent, her brows furrowed in fear. But just as all seemed lost, a glimmer of hope shone through when Luna shouted courageously: “I will not let them take you away!”

With a powerful wave of her horn, Luna unleashed a spell that illuminated the night sky into an awe-inspiring display. The figure screeched in pain as it was overwhelmed by Luna’s might and suddenly disappeared into the shadows.

Moonlit Style gasped in astonishment at what she had seen, happy tears streaming down her face. She ran up to Luna and embraced her tightly around the neck, showering her with heartfelt gratitude for coming to save her from such a terrifying nightmare.

“It is not over yet,” Luna warned. “Whenever you feel afraid in your dreams, call on me for guidance.”

Moonlit Style nodded solemnly, her eyes full of admiration for Princess Luna’s heroic deeds. “Thank you, Princess Luna,” she said with reverence. “Your strength will never be forgotten.”

Luna smiled kindly at the innocent filly before closing her eyes and focusing her magic. With another wave of her horn, she transported them both back to the waking world.

Moonlit Style opened her eyes to find herself back in her own room, the moonlight radiating through the window pane. Yet even though she had returned home safely,

Luna’s presence still lingered in Moonlit’s heart, giving her comfort during times of distress and granting her determination when faced with fearful challenges.

As she drifted off to sleep, an aura of contentment blanketed Moonlit Style knowing that with Luna watching over her, she could finally rest soundly.

Celestia stirred in her slumber, her eyes widening as she registered Luna’s presence. She smiled fondly at the young alicorn and beckoned her closer. “Ah, Luna! How wonderful it is to see you!” Luna beamed joyfully, the warmth of Celestia’s affections filling her with a happiness like no other.

The two sisters exchanged loving glances before Celestia looked out of the window, watching as the stars began to fade away into the night sky. “It is almost time,” Celestia said softly.

Luna nodded in understanding and stepped forward, her horn lighting up in preparation for a unique spell that only she could perform - lowering the moon so that Celestia could raise the sun.

The two alicorns watched together as Luna’s spell brought forth a magnificent display of stars and moons which waltzed gracefully across the horizon in perfect unison with one another. As they reached their peak point of synchronization, a brilliant burst of light filled the sky and Morning had officially arrived in Equestria once again!

With their duties done, Celestia turned back to Luna, her expression turning serious. “Luna, You seem distracted, is something troubling you?”

Luna sighed deeply, her mind replaying the shared dream. “A young filly is plagues by nightmares sister. Nightmares That Plagued me once upon a time.”

Celestia furrowed her brow in concern. “And have you been able to help her?”

Luna nodded, resolutely. “I have. But I fear that It may not be enough. The darkness that plagues her is stronger than mine did, and it may take more than just my presence to banish it.”

Celestia placed a comforting hoof on Luna’s shoulder. “You must not give up hope, Luna.”

Luna smiled grateful at her sister before retiring to her bedchambers to sleep some fatigue off.

The day passed like normal, then the night falls on Equestria once again.

Luna finds herself wandering through the dreamscapes again, searching for Moonlit Style. As she walks she notices the darkness growing thicker and oppressive as she approaches a certain dreamscape, she can feel the weight of it pressing down on her, threatening to suffocate her.

But Luna refused to let the darkness win. She pushes forward, her determination unwavering.

Finally, she spots Moonlit Style up ahead. “Moonlit!” Luna yelled, Something felt wrong as she stood in the clearing standing in front of Moonlit, she noticies a thick black fog surrounding Moonlit as her horn starts glowing with an unnatural light.

Luna’s heart sinks as she realizes what’s happening. Moonlit Style is being consumed by the darkness that plagues her.

With no time to waste, Luna charges forward, her horn glowing with an intense light. She slams into the black fog headfirst, her magic colliding with the darkness in a fierce battle.

The two forces clash, sparks flying in every direction. Luna can hold her own, but she needed Moonlit to fight back her fears.

Moonlit Style stood frozen in fear, unable to move or fight back against the darkness that threatened to consume her. Luna’s heart ached as she saw the fear in the young filly’s eyes, knowing that she needed to help her overcome her fears and fight back.

“Luna, I-I can’t do this,” Moonlit whimpered, her voice trembling with fear.

Luna gave Moonlit a determined look, her horn glowing brighter. “You can do this, Moonlit. Believe in yourself!”

With Luna’s words ringing in her ears, Moonlit closed her eyes and took a deep breath, her horn lighting up with a bright white light. She pushed back against the darkness, her magic fighting against the black fog that threatened to consume her.

The two forces clashed, sparks flying in every direction. Luna could feel the power of Moonlit’s magic growing stronger with every passing moment, and she knew that they were winning the battle against the darkness.

“This can’t be!” The darkness said, it being pushed back cracking like a glass window being shatter.

Luna and Moonlit Style stood victorious, the darkness dissipating into nothingness. Moonlit Style looked up at Luna with tears in her eyes, her gratitude overflowing. “Thank you, Princess Luna. I couldn’t have done it without you,” she said, her voice filled with awe and reverence.

Luna smiled at the young filly, her heart overflowing with pride. “You did it, Moonlit. You conquered your fears and banished the darkness from your dreams.”

Moonlit Style nodded, her eyes shining with newfound confidence. “I couldn’t have done it without your guidance, Princess Luna. You truly are the bravest and strongest pony I know.”

Luna chuckled, her heart full of warmth at the young filly’s words. “I am nothing without my friends and family, Moonlit. Together, we can overcome any obstacle.”

With that, Luna and Moonlit Style shared a warm embrace before Luna transported them both back to the waking world. Moonlit Style slept soundly that night, her dreams free from the darkness that had once plagued her. And Luna slept soundly too, knowing that she had helped a young filly find peace and overcome her fears.

Comments ( 1 )

Aww this is a sweet one. Awesome job!

Login or register to comment