• Published 7th May 2023
  • 144 Views, 2 Comments

Traitors, Adventures, and Pirates - Poppy green



Poppy is an explorer for the Royal Equestrian Botanical Society. She had just been given the green light to begin a new expedtion to look for new types of fauna.

  • ...
 2
 144

Chapter nineteen

The first thing Poppy saw when she woke up was the whirling blades of a ceiling fan. Trying to clear her vision she blinked a few times. The blinking helped and before long her vision began to clear. After a few moments more Poppy looked around. She found herself in a big white room. Everything was white except for the form of a sleeping yellow pegasus lying in bed next to her. Looking the pegasus over Poppy noticed that her right wing was bandaged to her side. Smiling at the sleeping mare Poppy turned her head giving the mare a small nuzzle. The sleeping mare mumbled something incoherent causing Poppy to smile again. Poppy tried to speak but found that her lips were dry, and her throat felt parched. Trying to speak with such a dry throat was painful so Poppy opted to try to get Daring's attention with another nuzzle. The motion worked as Daring shot bult upright. Poppy wanted to laugh at the startled expression on Daring's face but couldn’t. The expression on Daring's face changed suddenly when she noticed the other mare grimace in pain. Daring jumped back out of bed rushing to the door before screaming at the top of her lungs.

Nurse!”

Poppy clamped her ears down. The yell was so loud Poppy swore they could have heard her all the way at the palace.
A nurse came rushing into the room with a doctor just behind her. The doctor, a beige coated unicorn, walked up to her bed levitating a stethoscope out of his doctor's jacket as he approached her bed.
This was the first time Poppy noticed her own body. She was bandaged in multiple places and had an IV stuck in her right foreleg.

The doctor levitated the stethoscope down to her chest listing for a moment before pulling it away. The doctor replaced the bedding over her before addressing her directly.

“How are we feeling this morning Mrs. Poppy? He asked.

Before she tried to answer the nurse appeared at the other side of the bed with a cup of water held out in one hoof.
Poppy snatched the water before greedily gulping it down. The water moistened her mouth and brought some clarity to her mind. With the fog in her mind starting to lift, Poppy took another look around herself. She realized that she recognized where she was. The Crystal Heart General Hospital in the heart of the Crystal Empire. She had been here once before for her physical when she joined the botanical society. Turning back to the nurse who had given her the water, she smiled, handing back the cup. The nurse took the glass and went back towards the sink placing the glass gently on the countertop.
Poppy turned back towards the doctor who had not waited for her reply and was instead busying himself reading her chart.

Poppy waited for the doctor to say something but turned when Daring interrupted the doctor's reading.

“Well, Doctor will she be, okay?” Daring asked concerned lacing her words.
The doctor hummed to himself for a moment still reading over the chart. When he had finished looking it over. Satisfied, the doctor turned to face Daring.

“I Think that Mrs. Poppy will be just fine. Although it may be a long road till, she is back to one hundred percent.”

At hearing the news Daring was so relieved that she jumped onto the bed giving Poppy a squeeze unfortunately for Poppy the motion sent bolts of pain from her ribs. The pain nearly caused her to pass out. Poppy bit back the need to scream instead keeping her voice to a small whimper as her marefriend hugged her not knowing how much pain she was causing. The doctor noticed the pain easily and used his telekinesis to adjust her IV drip. The rest of what happened after that was a blurry haze of pain killers.

The wind blew through Poppy's mane as she opened her eyes. Poppy could feel the warmth of the sand under her back as she reclined against a palm tree. Poppy, feeling a little affectionate turned to face Daring who was lying next to her.
Both mares were curled up under the shade of a tall palm tree. It had almost been a month since Poppy had been discharged from the hospital and the two mares had decided to take a vacation to a tropical island this time minus pirates. The trip was almost over and the two knew their time together was coming to an end. They both lived similar lives but somehow, they were too different, and they both knew there was no way to make their relationship work.
Poppy's ears swiveled towards the sound of a whistling steamship as it pulled into the harbor. A sad smile appeared on Poppys lips as she looked down to the dozing pegasus next to her. Poppy could not help but stare at her still bandaged wing. While her own wounds had healed nicely leaving only a few scars under her fur, Daring was still unable to fly long distances. While the doctor had given her the okay to go gliding, she was still unable to do much powerful flying. Poppy knew that given a little more time Daring would be back to her old self but it still saddened her to have to part ways when they still needed each other.

Poppy bent down and nuzzled the side of Darings cheek. Daring smiled waking up to find her mare friend being very affectionate. Poppy was about to make a quibble about sleeping during the day when Daring's expression changed to one of a feral animal. Before Poppy knew what was happening Daring spread her wings. Using a few flaps of her good wing Daring had pushed Poppy back and had rolled over the top of her kissing Poppy as the she wrapped the earth pony in a winged embrace.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment