• Published 6th Apr 2023
  • 398 Views, 4 Comments

Amending the Fence - PPEF1



If Past Twilight doesn't attend Moon Dancer's party, everything will be in shambles

  • ...
 4
 398

Amending the Fence

Twilight was walking home to her tower until she was stopped by her friends Minuette, Twinkle Shine, and Lemon Hearts who were all carrying presents on their back.

“There you are Twilight!” said Twinkle Shine. “Moon Dancer is having a little get together in the west castle courtyard.

“Yeah,” Minuette added. “She’s invited all of us, including you.”

Twilight looked at her friends trying to come up with an excuse to not attend Moon Dancer’s party. “Oh, sorry girls. I have to, uh, I have lots of studying to catch up on. Yeah, that.”

The purple unicorn rushed off while her friends just watched her in disbelief.

“Does that pony do anything other than study?” asked Lemon Hearts.

“I think she’s more interested in books than friends,” Twinkle Shine replied as the three headed off to the gathering.

***

Spike, present in hand, was heading out the tower until the door swung open with full force slingshotting him back a couple feet.

“Spike. Spike!”

Looking around the tower, Twilight found the purple dragon on the floor after swinging the door so violently.

“Oh my bad! Sorry Spike.”

“Ugh, it’s alright.” Spike looked at his tail to see that it had pierced through the present he was going to give Moon Dancer.

“Quick,” Twilight said as she ran up the stairs, “find me the old copy of Predictions and Prophecies.”

The unicorn noticed the damaged gift on the dragon’s tail. “What’s that for?”

“Well, it was supposed to be for Moon Dancer.”

“Oh Spike! You know we don’t have time for that sort of thing.”

Just as she said that, a strong gust of wind appeared out of nowhere.

“What’s happening?!” Spike asked.

“I don’t know!” Twilight worried.

A white ball of energy formed in the middle of the room. It then revealed another Twilight but with wings.

“Oh. My. Gosh. I’m… an ALICORN!!!”

Twilight rushed up to her alicorn counterpart. “How did you get here? How did I become an alicorn and what did I do to become one? What am I the princess of?”

“Whoa whoa whoa slow down! You’re talking too fast!” cried the alicorn Twilight.

“Sorry. It’s just so amazing to see what I’ve accomplished over the past years.”

“Yeah I know but-

“Wait a minute,” Spike interrupted. “If Twilight has wings in the future, does that mean I also get wings?”

“Yes actually but-”

“AWESOME!!!”

“GUYS!!!” exclaimed Future Twilight. “We don’t have time for this. Twilight, you HAVE to go to Moon Dancer’s party.”

“WHAT!?! You want me to push away my studies for a party?! What about becoming a teacher or professor in Celestia’s School For Gifted Unicorns?”

“But I became the princess of friendship.”

“PRINCESS OF WHAT!?!?!” Twilight was in disbelief. “YOU GAVE UP STUDYING FOR FRIENDS!?!?! What’s the point of friendship if its ends up fading away?!”

“I understand where you’re coming from, but trust me, you’ll see why making friends is important.”

The alicorn grabbed a book from the many bookshelves that caught her eye. “So you’re studying about the Elements of Harmony?”

“Why yes. Apparently there are six Elements of Harmony but only five are known being Kindness, Generosity, Honesty, Loyalty and Laughter.”

“Now what I’m about to show is one, the sixth Element of Harmony, and two, the importance of friendship.”

Alicorn Twilight used her magic to form an oval in the middle of the room. Inside the circle showed Twilight with five other ponies.

“Hey. How come I’m not there?” Spike asked.

“You were at home sleeping,” said the alicorn. “You are a baby dragon after all.”

“Oh. Well I do love nap time.”

“Anyways.” The future alicorn changed the picture inside the oval to Twilight hanging off a cliff while an orange earth pony with a brown stetson was hanging onto her hoof. “That’s Applejack. She reassured you when you were in doubt of falling off the cliff without being in danger.”

The oval showed Twilight letting go of Applejack’s hoof, falling until two pegasi caught her before it was too late. “She represents the Element of Honesty.”

The next picture showed a manticore licking a yellow pegasus. “Fluttershy. While everypony attacked the manticore she was able to tame it and represents the Element of Kindness. Pinkie Pie giggled at the face of danger and represents the Element of Laughter. Rarity-”

“Whoa…” Spike was in awe. “That pony is so… beautiful.”

“Don’t worry,” the alicorn assured her unicorn counterpart. “That’s normal for him. Anyways, Rarity calmed a sea serpent with a gift representing the Element of Generosity. And finally, Rainbow Dash didn’t abandon her friends for her own heart’s desire to represent the Element of Loyalty. You see, these five ponies helped get past obstacles set up by Nightmare Moon.”

Unicorn Twilight’s irises shrunk. “Nightmare Moon? The Nightmare Moon. The alicorn Princess Celestia banished to the moon?!”

“Indeed. Once the five elements got together, they created the final Element of Harmony, Magic, the one you represent. And with all six elements, you girls were able to defeat NIghtmare Moon, turning her back into Princess Luna and saving Equestria from eternal darkness.”

The purple unicorn was speechless. “We are the Elements of Harmony? We defeated Nightmare Moon? And those five ponies helped me do all of that?”

“And more. You’ll fight evil creatures like Discord the draconequus and Chrysalis, a changeling that transforms into someone you love. And once you figure out a spell that not even Starswirl the Bearded could solve, you’ll become the Princess of Friendship.”

“Wow. Making friends led to all of this? So what about Moon Dancer?”

“Oh right! That.”

The oval now showed Moon Dancer at a table full of food. Minuette, Lemon Hearts, and Twinkle Shine had arrived carrying gifts.

“Hey Moon Dancer!” Minuette greeted. “Look at this spread huh?”

“Hey everypony! Thank you so much for coming.”

“Of course,” Twinkle Shine assured. “We wouldn’t miss our best friend’s party.”

“So, is Twilight coming?”

The three unicorns turned their heads around away from Moon Dancer with expressions that answered her question.

Moon Dancer put her head down with a sad expression on her face. “Oh… okay.”

“Hey! We’ll still have fun right?” Minuette said, trying to lighten up the mood.”

“Sure.” That was all Moon Dancer could muster up as she left her friends behind.

Alicorn Twilight closed up the oval leaving her unicorn counterpart speechless again.

“I… I had no idea that…”

“Moon Dancer really tried putting herself out there and you not attending her party made her really devastated and made her lose hope in friendship. So that’s why I’m here to tell you to go to her party now. When I tried to make it up to her she still didn’t accept me and my friends for it.”

“I had no idea how important friends and friendships were that I had to push my studies away.”

“Wait wait wait! I never said you had to give up studying permanently. I know you like reading and studying, clearly, and don’t get me wrong, that stuff’s important. But you gotta know when to prioritize and make time for things.”

Unicorn Twilight was deep in thought until Spike burped out a letter. “It’s from Princess Celestia. She wants you to check out the preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration in Ponyville.”

“So what’s it gonna be Twilight?” the alicorn asked.

“... Spike, take a letter. Dear Princess Celestia, I am sorry to say that I cannot check up on the preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration as I have a gathering to attend with some friends. I hope you can understand. However, after having a conversation I do plan to move to Ponyville permanently. Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle.

Once the letter was finished, Spike set it on fire as it vanished onto its way to Princess Celestia.

“Thanks for everything future me.”

“Of course. I’m glad you made the right choice.”

Suddenly, Spike burped out another letter. “Looks like the princess is gonna check up on the preparations herself.”

“Perfect! This means we can go to Moon Dancer’s party.”

“Glad that’s settled. Well, it’s time for me to go.” The alicorn created a white void and walked into it, leaving the area.

“Let’s get a move on Spike!”

“But the gift I was gonna give Moon Dancer is ruined.”

“Don’t worry, I can put it back together. Now come on!

***

Moon Dancer was at a table full of food. Minuette, Lemon Hearts, and Twinkle Shine had arrived carrying gifts.

“Hey Moon Dancer!” Minuette greeted. “Look at this spread huh?”

“Hey everypony! Thank you so much for coming.”

“Of course,” Twinkle Shine assured. “We wouldn’t miss our best friend’s party.”

“So, is Twilight coming?”

The three unicorns turned their heads around away from Moon Dancer with expressions that answered her question.

Moon Dancer put her head down with a sad expression on her face. “Oh… okay.”

“Hey! We’ll still have fun right?” Minuette said, trying to lighten up the mood.”

“Sure.” That was all Moon Dancer could muster up.

“WAIT!!!”

As Moon Dancer was about to leave, she and the other unicorns turned their attention towards Twilight who was running up to them while Spike was riding on her back holding a present.

“Twilight?” The unicorns didn’t expect for their studious friend to arrive at the party.

Twilight was standing in front of her friends all out of breath. “I… made it.”

“Soooooo does that mean you’re done with your studies?” asked Lemon Hearts.

“Well, no. But I decided to brush them aside just so I could attend your party Moon Dancer.”

“Really?” said Moon Dancer.

“Of course. I’ve learned that I was putting all of my time into my studies and close to none with you girls. So I wanted to spend one last time with you all before I go.”

“What do you mean?”

“Yeah, so I decided to move to Ponyville because…”

The obvious reason was because Twilight's future self told her about the friends she’ll make there but there was no way she could say that to her friends without sounding ridiculous or being hurtful. However, she did have a response that was technically true. “Because Princess Celestia told me to check up on the preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration but I held it off so I could come to your party.”

“You did that for me?”

Twilight nodded her head “yes”.

“Aww, Twilight.”

Moon Dancer gave Twilight a big hug. The rest of the ponies joined in.

“Now come on everypony!” Moon Dancer announced. “Let’s party!”

Author's Note:

I know people aren't gonna say the time travel spell doesn't work the way it does as the episode It's About Time proves that but the story required it to work the way it did

Comments ( 3 )

Also let's pretend that in this scenario, Twilight's an alicorn before the episode Amending Fences...

So literally no different from the show then?

11549504
Oh shit. It's fixed now

This so needs an epilogue with Celestia reaction to the letter.

Login or register to comment