• Published 29th Mar 2023
  • 243 Views, 2 Comments

A Diamond In My Eye - Chrysalesbian



Rarity runs away from her feelings for Fluttershy, rather unsuccessfully.

  • ...
 2
 243

A Diamond In My eye

Her aqua eyes shined in the sunlight, it felt like I could drown in their vastness. Her eyes were an ocean, and I was swimming through their beauty. They perfectly complimented her pink mane and buttercup coat. She was the most beautiful mare I could imagine.

“So, Rarity, where do you think I should place the table for tea parties for when Đł₴₵ØⱤĐ arrives in Ponyville?” Fluttershy said.

I completely zoned out and didn’t notice. I was too busy admiring Fluttershy’s beauty to remember what she was saying. “Oh! Don’t you just use your coffee table for those darling? Why would you need a new table for that?” I asked.

“I guess you’re right, I didn’t really think of that.” She said. “Wow, you really are super smart Rarity.”

My cheeks flushed red; I didn’t know what to say. “W-Why thank you darling!” I murmured. I looked in her eyes and I felt like I locked onto them, they were even more beautiful now, it was something about them. The aqua in her irises were perfect, the only way I could describe her is perfect. She has a kind soul, I can’t stop thinking about her. She’s like a plague on my mind, I shouldn’t think like this about another mare right? This is unnatural, definitely. Why do I feel these feelings…?

Fluttershy saw the frown I subconsciously gained. “Are you okay, Rarity? You don’t look so good.” She asked. I broke out of my thoughts and shook my head.

“O-Oh! I’m fine darling! Just something’s on my mind!” I blurted.

She tilted her head then put her hooves on mine, she knew something was wrong. “Are you sure? The look on your face doesn’t say so.” She smiled at me. “You can tell me anything Rarity, you’re my best friend.” She assured.

“Best… Friend…?” I squeaked those words and she nodded. DOES SHE ONLY LIKE ME AS A FRIEND? IS THAT ALL I AM TO HER? IS THAT HOW SHE FEELS? THEN WHY DO I FEEL LIKE THIS!? IF SHE FEEL ONE WAY AND I FEEL THE OTHER I’LL PROBABLY JUST RUIN OUR RELATIONSHIP! THIS IS HORRIBLE! WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO!? She saw the worried expressions streaking across my face, making her frown.

“Did I say something wrong Rarity?” She asked with a sincere tone of worry in her voice.

“N-NO DARLING! AHAHA! IT SEEMS I FORGOT TO FEED OPAL! OOH HOW SILLY OF ME I HAVE TO LEAVE! I’M SORRY BUT WE’LL HAVE TO CUT DINNER SHORT DARLING!” I lied with those words. None of that was true but I didn’t wanna look bad in front of Fluttershy, I left a ruby on the table and ran away, my hooves frantically clicking across the ground.

I arrived home, going inside and slamming the door behind me. “OPAL!! I JUST R-R-RUINED MYSELF IN FRONT OF FLUTTERSHYYYY! OH, IT WAS HORRIBLE OPAL!!! SHE P-P-PROBABLY HATES ME NOW OPALLL!!! EVERYTHING IS RUINED! WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO NOW!?” I sobbed and held Opal up to my chest, she hissed in response to my sobbing and tried to push away but I held her tighter. “O-O-O-OPAL WHAT IF SHE DOESN’T LIKE MEEE!? WHAT IF I MESSED UP THE ENTIRE THING OPAL!? WH-WHAT IF SHE’LL NEVER TALK TO ME AGAINNNNN!? OH, THIS IS HORRIBLE THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE WORSSTTT!” I sobbed louder, stroking the back of Opal’s head. I put her down and she scratched my hoof then left the room. My phone vibrated and I picked it up, laying down in my bed. It was Fluttershy.

“rarity, r u doing ok? yu seemt pretty out of itt in the diner,, do u wanna tawk about it?” I looked at my phone, silently. Tears welling up in my eyes. I put my phone down. I don’t want to not respond. I don’t want to respond either though. I laid on my back, putting my phone back down on my dresser. What if I did the wrong thing? I should just respond, shouldn’t I? If I don’t respond, I’ll just make her feel worse. I picked my phone up and started tapping on it with my hooves.

“Oh, darling don’t worry! It’s absolutely fine! As I said Opaline just needed food! I’m sorry for making such an abrupt exit! Do you want to go somewhere tomorrow darling?”

She was typing, then she stopped, then she started again. My heart fluttered with the tonal shifts that were happening. Then the message sent, the pink box containing words I was so excited to read. “oh,h, yEA!! Wwe cna go to the didinerr, tmrw! See u there,, same time.,.”

I sent a message agreeing and then put my phone on my chest, my heart beating as if a drummer was beating it with two drumsticks. Her beautiful eyes, her wonderful smile. She’s all I can think about right now. I love her so much. I love Fluttershy. I fell asleep, barely due to my excitement. I dreamt of Fluttershy and her beauty.

I woke up the next day. Slamming my hoof on my alarm and running to get dressed, trying to find the best dress I could until I had an idea that was perfect! “OPAL! What If I made my OWN dress for the date!? Isn’t that a wonderful idea!? Oh, it is Opal it is!” Opal hissed in response to my joyous exclamation. I jumped to my workbench, with a variety of fabrics and started stitching together a dress just for my date with Fluttershy.

I stitched and stitched different fabrics together, embroidering patterns like I never had before. I would look amazing for Fluttershy, if I didn’t look good what pony would I be? I have to look absolutely perfect for Fluttershy! I NEED to look absolutely perfect for Fluttershy! She might hate me if I don’t look good for her! So, I absolutely need to do this! I love her and so I need to impress her! Oh, why don’t I make her a dress too actually? That would be perfect! She would be absolutely ecstatic! Ooh Ooh! As I thought all of this I stitched and stitched till I got my own dress complete. A stunning pink as the base, cream accents adorning it and a large collar on the neck, with cream dots lining the edges, it was perfect. Opal rubbed her head up against my hoof. “I know Opal, the dress is amazing. But I can’t leave yet, I still have to make Fluttershy’s dress!”

I immediately started stitching with pastel green fabrics, embedding patterns with a pastel purple, and having a purple collar that was smaller than the one on my dress but still considerably bigger than what you’d usually see. I stitched and stitched. Putting all the love I felt for Fluttershy into the dress. I came out with a product I absolutely adored. Of course, never as much as I love Fluttershy though. It was exactly how I imagined it, pastel greens and purples being adopted by the dress, the skirt lined by a nice buttercup to match her main. It was almost as beautiful as the mare I made it for.

I got the dress on and I got my purse, put Fluttershy’s dress inside it, then immediately trotting as fast as I could to Fluttershy’s place. A rock caught my hoof though, making me fall in a puddle of mud, ruining my dress. I stared down in shock, looking at my dress, now brown in the front. I touched my mane; it was also ruined. I was absolutely devastated, being unable to hear anything around me, let alone comprehend anything. Fluttershy is going to hate me. I got up, looked around for any buildings, it was just houses around me, no diners. I sat there, unable to move due to the devastation. Till Twilight trotted up to me. “Sweet Celestia! Rarity what happened!” She yelled.

I stood up. “Oh, I’m sorry you have to see me like this darling. I must look absolutely terrible.”

Twilight giggled and levitated a napkin towards me, wiping off my dress and my face. “What got you dressed like this? Is there a special occasion?” She asked.

I looked down. “Well Fluttershy asked me to hang out at a diner. N-Now… I look horrible, she’ll hate me when she sees how I am currently. This is absolutely horrible.” I mumbled.

Twilight giggled. “Oh she would never hate you for something so minimal! It’s so dumb to fret over something like that! Don’t you worry! She’s far too kind for stuff like that!” She promised. “Put a smile on your face, Rarity! Everything will be okay!” She assured me with those words.

“Y-You’re right darling. Th-Thank you.” I sniffled, then trotted off.

“Goodluck Rarity! Tell me how it went!” She cheered for me.

I was admittedly still worried what Fluttershy would think. I’m still worried that she’ll hate me for messing my own dress up. I opened my purse and sighed happily when Fluttershy’s dress was fine then I closed it again. I kept trotting, still worried about how Fluttershy would think of me. I still hope she won’t hate me after this.

I got to her door, nervous about her seeing me in this state, but I knocked on it with my hoof anyways. If I didn’t do it what would be the point of all of this? So I need to do this instead of waiting around for her to answer instead. She opened the door immediately and her eyes widened when she saw me. “Rarity?” She murmured.

“I know darling, I look horrible, you can cancel if you want to, I’ll understand.” I sniffled.

I looked back and Fluttershy gave me a nice, soft smile. “Rarity… Y-You look amazing, even w-when your mane and dress are covered in mud… B-Better than I-I ever could…” She assured.

“R-Really darling…?” She nodded and I hugged her. “Th-Thank you, Fluttershy… L-Let’s go to the diner.” I suggested. Fluttershy nodded and took my hoof in her’s, and she started trotting with my hoof in her’s. Blush flooded my cheeks, I took my eyes off our hooves, and I looked up, seeing a reassuring smile on Fluttershy’s face as she looked back at me. I blushed even more. We trotted till we got to the door of the diner, then Fluttershy looked back at me.

“W-W-Well here we are… I-I’m glad y-you came with m-me Rarity…” She said.

“Really? Y-You mean that…?” She nodded and I looked down happily. “I-I’m happy I accepted your invitation, darling.

We trotted in together and then sat down together. It was empty apart from exhausted waitresses and cooks in the kitchen, one trotted up to us, the clicking of her hooves being heard against the hard wood floors. “Well, what can I get you two pretty ladies on this fine night?” She asked us.

“O-Oh I’ll j-just have l-like two large hayburgers and a l-large soda.” Fluttershy murmured.

“I’ll just have a salad and a strawberry lemonade darling! Thank you!” I hoofed the waitress an emerald and the waitress’ cheeks turned red.

“Wh-Why thank you two ladies! I’ll have those o-orders done in no time!” She trotted off, writing our orders on a notepad.

Fluttershy twiddled with her hooves and looked up at me nervously. “I-I hope y-you aren’t m-mad h-how much I ordered h-here… I’m pretty h-hungry right now.” She squeaked.

“Oh, it’s okay darling! It doesn’t matter to me! What did you do today darling?” I asked her.

“I-I just sat around, taking care of the animals in my sanctuary, I-I also wrote a letter to Đł₴₵ØⱤĐ, b-but that was really all… Not much i-interesting today.” She said, her voice was so cute. I couldn’t take being around her without thinking of how perfect she was, in every way she’s just amazing. Do I… Do I love her? Like… Do I want to be with her forever…? N-No! I can’t think like this about another mare…? Or can I? I don’t know. “Y-You’re looking upset a-again, Rarity.” She put her hooves on mine reassuringly, smiling at me. “Just t-tell me how your d-day was, R-Rarity…” She assured.

“O-Oh! I-It was good, I m-made two dresses. The one I’m wearing now was the first one I made, but as you see now it’s ruined. I-I’ll wash it once I get home.” I said.

“Wh-What other dress did you make…? If you don’t mind.” She murmured.

“Oh! N-No thank you darling!” I noted.

“O-Oh okay…” Fluttershy started twiddling with her hooves again. Oh, it was absolutely adorable. Should I tell her? What if I come off as weird? Oh, I’ll do it anyways!

“Y-Your hoof twiddling Fluttershy, it’s adorable. Y-You’re adorable, I-I mean y-you’re lovely… I-I’m sorry darling!” My cheeks flushed red, and I covered my face with my hooves.

Fluttershy blushed a lot and coughed. “Th-Thank you Rarity… Y-You look stunning, even covered in mud…” She was shaking with those words. Did I do something wrong? Oh, I hope I didn’t upset her! That would ruin everything! “I-It’s okay… I-I just wasn’t expecting a c-compliment really… Th-Thank you R-R-Rarity… I-I appreciate it…”

She rubbed her hoof against the table, then the waitress came back with our food. She put the two burgers and soda in front of Fluttershy, then the salad and water in front of me. “You two love birds enjoy your food!” Our cheeks flushed as the waitress trotted away. Fluttershy looked absolutely shocked. Did she… Did she not like me? But then she started eating, I assume she brushed it off. So why don’t I? I started eating my salad and before I knew it, we were finished with our food.

“W-Well we better head h-home Rarity…” I paused, twiddling with my hooves. “Rarity?”

“I-I HAVE A GIFT FOR YOU F-FLUTTERSHY!” Fluttershy paused, looking at me with surprise.

“Wh-What is it R-Rarity?” She asked.

I took the dress out of my purse and gave it to Fluttershy. “This is for you, Fluttershy. It was the second dress I made. It was for you. I-I wanted t-to give you something, c-cause…”

Fluttershy blushed, then took the dress. “Cause of what?” She asked.

I started shaking, my cheeks were redder than a tomato. “C-C-Cause… C-Cause… I-I-I-I… I LOVE YOU DARLING! I-I HAVE A C-CRUSH ON YOU DARLING! I-I’M IN LOVE WITH YOU F-F-FLUTTERSHY! M-ME, RARITY. AM IN LOVE WITH YOU.” I shuddered those words. Fluttershy stared at me, in awe. She only stared at me; her cheeks as red as mine. “I-I knew this was a m-mistake… I-I’m sorry F-Fluttershy.” I walked off, going to my boutique. I walked sadly, looking at the floor, it was raining buckets. I got there and then I felt a hoof on my shoulder.

“R-Rarity… I-I-I’m sorry! I-I love you t-too! I-I shouldn’t have stayed silent!! I-I love you so so much! Y-You’re beautiful, you’re stunning, I-I love you so much! I-I’ve loved you for so long I-I just held it in!” She yelled.

I blushed after those words, and Fluttershy hugged me. “Y-You love me…?” Fluttershy nodded. “I-I… I-I love you too Fluttershy. I-I love you with all my heart. Thank you.”

Author's Note:

i wrote thsi in um like 2 dayz....

Comments ( 2 )

this a banger

I like the bit where the texting is intentionally misspelled implying haste and nervousness. Is cute.

Login or register to comment