• Published 27th Jan 2023
  • 127 Views, 0 Comments

A Journey To Ponyville - SpookySocks



Amber Light embarks on an epic adventure to learn magic

  • ...
 0
 127

Meeting New People

The aftermath of the storm wasn't exactly something pleasing. The once beautiful forest is no more than a tree graveyard, many trees were plucked off from their roots while the others were just bent due to the strong winds.

The condition of the forest deterred lots of animals that inhabited the forest, birds were looking for their children while squirrels were looking for a new place to store their nuts. Other animals had already begun leaving the forest and into another, finding a new place to call "home".

Slowly opening her eyes, Amber saw that she was laying on solid ground. More importantly, a cave. She was pretty confused about it, she was just falling to her death and now she is in solid land in one piece? Well, with a few scratches and injuries but fortunately for her, none of them were deep or life-threatening.

Before she could do anything she started coughing out the water she swallowed when she fell to the bottom of the waterfall.

"Woah, calm down," A feminine voice said. Amber quickly looked at where the voice was coming from only to see a gray pegasus with a black mane.

"W-Who are you?" Amber said in confusion, she still didn't believe the fact that she just survived death.

"The name's Raze, Raze Tunes," Raze replied as she got closer to Amber.

"Uhm, Raze? Where… am I?" Amber asked confused about whether she is in the living world or the afterlife.

"Well, where do you think you are?" Raze asked with a bit of sarcasm as she gestured toward the destroyed forest.

Amber looked at the forest and was horrified to see what happened to it.

" 'To think that such a storm can cause this much destruction. Poor animals,' " She thought to herself while feeling sorry for the animals that lost their homes and family in the storm.

After viewing the forest for a little bit, she finally decided to ask her about what happened to her when fell down the waterfall.

"Can you tell me what happened to me?" Amber asked, curious to know how she survived.

"Well, you woke up, started coughing up water, and initiated a conversation with me, pretty cool isn't it?" Raze joked while earning a deadpanned stare from Amber.

"Alright alright, I was just joking to lighten up the mood y'know? Anyways, I and Riff were looking for a cave to hide from the storm and whaddya know? We heard you fall into the water which was pretty evident thanks to the big splash you made when you fell, we hurried to get you out of there and eventually found a cave," Raze explained to Amber who in turn was more surprised and more confused than before.

But before she could say anything she heard a growl coming from the cave.

"W-What was that?" Amber asked, completely taken off guard by the sudden growl that emitted from the cave, she prayed to Celestia that it was not one of those dangerous bears that live in the forest.

"Ah, that? Don't worry about it," Raze said in a reassuring tone but Amber wasn't having any of it. How could someone be extremely calm when they hear something like this? And especially in a cave?

The sound of the growling was getting louder and louder indicating that whatever creature behind it is getting closer.

"Err, Raze. I think we should run," Amber said, a little nervous about having to meet this creature.

"Why? There's nothing to run from here?" Raze asked, completely oblivious to what Amber was hearing.

The sound of growling came to a stop which made Amber sigh in relief. But to her surprise, a manticore emerged from the cave completely terrifying Amber while Raze held a calm demeanor.

The Manticore started making its way toward the two mares, Amber started to panic and quickly got up despite her tired body preventing her from doing so.

The Manticore itself was menacing, its appearance was of the average Manticore, though, what makes this Manticore so different is the broken right horn.

As it made its way towards the two Amber heard a sigh which came from Raze. She saw how Raze started approaching the Manticore, not intimidated by the appearance.

" 'What is she doing? She is going to get herself killed!' " Amber started to worry for the pony that saved her life but before she could do anything, she was interrupted by the sound of the Manticore growling.

"Didn't find anything there?" Raze asked the Manticore to which the Manticore… nodded? Amber was awestruck at this, how could somepony casually talk with a creature like this?

"Looks like we will have to restock ourselves with food when we reach the Griffonstone, sorry buddy but you'll have to go on a vegetarian diet for now," Raze said which made the Manticore roar in annoyance as to say no.

"Look, what do you expect me to do? We can't find any meat for you to eat around here!" Raze exclaimed to the Manticore who in turn looked at the awestruck Amber.

Raze quickly caught on to what it was planning to do.

"No, you are not allowed to eat her," Raze harshly said which made the Manticore whimper in sadness, Amber hearing this quickly became terrified of the fact that the Manticore wants to eat here.

"Now, be a good boy and sit down until we find some food for you," Raze commanded the Manticore who obeyed the mare's command.

"Sorry, bud. I promise we will get your favorite," Raze sighed as she walked back towards Amber who was confused and genuinely surprised as to what was going on.

"Sorry about him, he gets real moody when he doesn't get to eat," Raze said to Amber who was still surprised at what was going on.

"I-It's a-alright" She said with visible nervousness.

"That's Riff for ya, the moody manti," Raze said while smirking at the Manticore while Amber continued to stare at the hybrid creature.

"So, what should I call you?" Raze said breaking the staring contest which made Amber snapback to reality.

"Well, I'm Amber Light but Amber is fine," she responded to Raze earning a nod from her.

"Say Amber, what were you doing in the forest like normally anypony who go out in the forest got to have these fancy traveling bags," Upon mentioning the bag Amber looked around trying to find the bag that she had before she fell off from the waterfall.

She scanned the cave hoping to find her missing bag only for hope to get shattered instantly, her bag was nowhere to be found in the cave which made her worried.

" 'Okay Amber, your bag is gone, and you are currently in a cave with a strange mare and her beast, better take a deep breath and calm your mind, yes! Yes! That's a good idea! But wait… what if they attack me, will I be able to live? I really hope nothing goes to such an extent' " Amber was thinking for herself while Raze got annoyed from not getting an answer.

"Hello? Equestria to Amber, can you hear me? I repeat can you hear me?" Raze said, trying to gain the attention of Amber who snapped out of her thoughts and replied with embarrassment.

"Yeah, I think I didn't bring a bag with me.. silly me," Amber said with a blush of embarrassment.

"You really are an amateur with stuff like this, huh?" Raze smugly said which made Amber a bit angry at her for those mean words.

"Anyways, we should probably get going, I'll see yah later," Raze said as she got up and packed her stuff.

"Wait, you are leaving me here? Wounded and alone?" Amber asked with a bit of worry, she doesn't have any means of defending herself and her map is gone.

"No offense but, I don't really take strangers with me," Raze said.

"But, I don't know where to go," Amber said sadly, which made Raze think for a moment.

"You know what? Fine, you can tag along with us until we find a village to drop you off at," Upon saying that, Amber immediately perked up.

"Wait, really? Thank you so much!" Amber said thankfully that she will get some help.

"Now come along, we have a long journey ahead of us," Raze gestured to Amber to follow her out of the cave, Riff followed After Raze.

Amber got up with a little bit of difficulty but managed to follow Raze outside the cave.

—-Timeskip—-

Amber, Raze and Riff were traversing through the forest while watching the beautifully-destroyed scenery. The sky was a bit cloudy which made it the perfect weather for journeys like this.

Raze took out her map from the bag and began looking for the nearest town.

"There," She said as she placed her hoofs on a small town which was pretty close to them.

"We will drop you off at Rivermouth," Raze said to Amber who in turn nodded her head.

They continued their journey, Amber decided to ask Raze some questions she had in mind about… well everything.

"Hey, Raze?" Amber called out to Raze finally picking up the courage to ask her.

"What's up?" Raze replied with a bit of curiosity.

"How did you and Riff meet?" She wanted to know how a friendship between a pony and Manticore was possible.

"Hey, what's up with the sudden question?" Raze asked.

"I didn't ask you before since I was so nervous," Amber replied shyly.

"Well, to tell you the truth. I found his egg when I was a little filly, we grew up together and soon became the bestest friends, ain't that right buddy?" She said as she petted the beast.

Amber thought that it was weird for a filly to grow up with a manticore but she decided to not bring that up to her, who knows what the Manticore is going to do.

After walking for a while they came upon a tree that was fairly undamaged unlike the others.

"Heh, that's one lucky tree," Raze commented as she observed the tree.

Amber picked up the sound of a faint screaming getting closer.. and closer… Raze could hear the screaming as well as she looked around for the source, Amber felt something land on her back as she looked to find a squirrel holding a small but sharp tree branch while standing on her back menacingly.

"You shall not continue on your way! Large horned creature!" The squirrel said surprising both of the mares, none of them thought that squirrels were able to talk like them.

"A squirrel that can talk? I've never thought I would be able to witness something as weird as this," Raze said while trying to pet the squirrel who in turn slapped her hooves away.

"Oh yeah? And you are a beast that can talk!" The squirrel replied which made Raze gasp in surprise.

"What did you call me? Oh this ain't going to be pretty for you little guy.." She said as tried to catch the squirrel who jumped off Amber's back and quickly landed on her head.

"You missed!" He said as stabbed the tree branch on her neck waiting to see her fall to the ground dead but instead, she slapped him off her neck like an annoying mosquito.

"That stings alright, but it's not even painful," She said as she stood over him preparing to attack but was quickly stopped by Amber.

"Wait! Are you seriously going to attack a defenseless squirrel?" Amber asked wondering whether Raze was trying to kill him or not.

"He started first! I have to strike back!" Raze pouted which made Amber stare at her deadpanned at her childish act.

"What's your name, little squirrel?" She asked gently to which the squirrel grumpily replied.

"I don't want your help, pony. I'm the greatest squirrel warrior, I'm "Twinklekiss"! The greatest warrior!" The squirrel replied determinedly.

"Aw, that is such a cut– I mean a fearsome name!" Amber quickly corrected herself which made the squirrel kiss his own muscles, while Raze was trying her best to hold back her laugh only for her to burst out laughing confusing the two.

"I'm sorry, but "Twinklekiss" isn't a warrior name!" She said as she went back to laughing while Riff stared at her weirdly.

"You take that back you winged beast!" Twinkle threatened, which made Raze laugh even more.

He was pissed off by Raze's mocking and decided to teach her a lesson, he quickly ran to her and started punching her only for him to do no damage at all which made her laugh even harder.

"Oh my god! He is trying to fight me, this is hilarious," She said as she continued laughing which resulted in the squirrel getting angry and started punching her more only to get the same effect.

—-Another TimeSkip—-

Raze wiped the tears from laughing off her face while sighing.

"This was the first good laugh I had in awhile," Raze said, which made Amber roll her eyes and turn back to the squirrel who glared diggers at Raze.

"So, Twinklekiss. Why did uhm.. attack us?" She asked.

"Probably protecting his princess, Twinklekiss," She mocked while smirking at the squirrel who calmed himself down and answered Amber's question.

"I was given an important task to protect this tree from evil people! Like that mare over there!" He said as he pointed towards Raze who blew a raspberry at him.

"Protect it? From what?" She was curious to know what he is protecting the tree from.

Author's Note:

Aaaand, here is a cliffhanger.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment