• Published 25th Dec 2011
  • 664 Views, 2 Comments

Sorrel's Background Story - Torre



It's Sorrel's (my OC's) background story in short words. It was for an RP thread.

  • ...
 2
 664

Short Journey Through His Life

Sorrel was born and grew up in Cloudsdale as a lot of other pegasi do. He went to Summer Flight Camp with some of his friends he had made through the years in Cloudsdale and had a lot of fun. Even though it was a lot of trail and fail, he found it pretty amusing.

After a while at the flight camp he was ready to visit ground. Ponyville.

They were going on a trip to Earth for the first time and none of them knew what they were about to experience. Sorrel touched the ground with his hooves and felt the dirt under them. It was.. weird. The feeling of the dirt under his hooves made him curious of what it really was. Not far from where he was standing there were others from his class, playing around, laughing and talking. One of them was a griffin he had seen several times before, who kind of scared him. She looked tough and not someone he had any interest in talking to… unless necessary. And the second one of them was a pegasus pony, just like himself. "She's kinda cute." Sorrel thought to himself, smiling. Her rainbow colored mane and tail matched perfectly to her cyan colored fur and her rose red eyes. Well, at least Sorrel thought so.

He stood there for a while just looking at the filly playing with her friend, somehow without being noticed. How come he had never seen her before? The question floated around in his head for a while until his thoughts were interrupted. His teacher had been calling him a few times while he was distracted by the sight of the young filly.

Mrs. Daze waved her hoof in front of his face. "Sorrel! Is everything alright? The others and I are waiting for you."

Sorrel reacted to the waving hoof in front of him after a while and looked at his teacher with an innocent look on his face "S-sorry, Mrs. Daze."
He started trotting along after his teacher looking back at the filly playing and laughing with her friend.

After a minute or two of trotting, a unicorn colt who was unknown to him showed up at the side of him, trotting in the same speed as him, looking at him.

"Whatca' doin'?" the red furred unicorn asked excited bobbing his head up and down. Sorrel was a bit creeped out by the unicorn suddenly appearing out of nowhere.

"I'm trying not to get yelled at by my teacher" he responded, a bit annoyed by the so very excited pony next to him.

"I'm Kouma! What's your name?" the unicorn asked whilst continuing to bob his head around
"You're so red..." Kouma gasped "Is your name Red?!" he asked with a surprised expression on his
face.

Sorrel looked at him with a quite questioning look "W-what? Never mind. I'm Sorrel. Will you leave me alone now?"

"I saw you looking at that filly back there. I always thought she was kinda cute, but she's always with her friend who scares me... a lot." Kouma said.

Sorrel blushed "Pfft. Her? No... I was just… admiring the… apple trees. Yes! The apple trees! They're very fine apple trees. Heh." he told as he smiled wide hoping to convince Kouma.
The unicorn pony raised an eyebrow and lowered the other without saying a word.

Kouma tagged along with Sorrel the rest of the trip through Ponyville. They actually had a
lot in common.
For Sorrel, it felt like someone had put a spell on him. He loved it, the trees, the ground, the town, all of it. Even though he was a pegasus pony, he liked it on the ground.

A few years later his love for the life on the ground caught him and he moved to Ponyville. As for the filly he had seen years ago, sadly, he had not seen her again. He hadn't forgotten her though.

In Ponyville he had also earned his cutie mark. His great talent in mastering flames was stunning, at least that's what he had heard from a lot of ponies. An old engineer in town needed help with moving some equipment and Sorrel signed right up as he was in need of money.

The engineer gave the door a little push with his hoof and it opened slowly and the door gave out a loud, creaking noise. It was as dark as night and Sorrel couldn't see a thing. A light source next to him lit up and revealed the room's contains.

"Okay, listen. All you have to do is move these crates over there, outside. Understood?" the engineer said and pointed at numerous stacks of crates.

Sorrel's jaw dropped when he saw all the crates "All of them?" he asked even when he knew what the answer would be. The old pony just gave him a nod and walked over to his shop. "Now get working if you want those bits."

A sigh drew the silence away from the room and he was about to put a crate on his back when he noticed some pipes and other weird items he had never seen before in the crate. He knew he shouldn't be digging through other ponies' stuff, but his curiosity got the best of him and so he started searching through the crate. The smell was almost to die of and the dust on everything didn't make it more 'delicate' to search through the crate. Suddenly all the items were on the floor in a huge pile.

An igniter, some tubes, a small metal container saying "Gas" and the pipes were in the pile. Sorrel looked at the stuff on the ground and got an idea. He was so caught up in his idea that he completely forgot what he actually was supposed to do.

The engineer was on his way to where he had put Sorrel to work, but surprisingly he saw no crates outside. His anger rose with each step towards the small house. A huge flame bursted into the air behind the house, but no explosion was to be heard. It startled the old pony and he fell down on his back, looking up to the sky where the flame just had been. He quickly got up on his hooves again and galloped to the back of the house. In front of him, a pony, quite oddly dressed up was standing with some tubes from a metallic object, to a pipe in his hoof. The old pony quickly figured out what had happened and smiled to himself.

"I see you found some of my old 'equipment' in there, eh?" Sorrel heard from behind him. He turned around to see the face of the engineer "S-sir. I-I'm so sorry! I didn't-"

The engineer stopped him mid-sentence "It's quite alright.. I'll get somepony else to move the crates. I was just wondering, would you like to work for me at the shop?"

Sorrel raised an eyebrow and just stared at the engineer with a questioning expression "B-but… Uh... I mean… Sure?" There were still a few things he had to process. "That would be great, sir" he finally said and smiled wide.

"And a fine cutie mark like that, I'm sure it will be a good way to meet some mares" the engineer said and chuckled lightly.

The fire red furred pony looked back at his flank and his eyes opened wide by sight of his very new cutie mark. It was three flames on the side of each other, one of them being bigger than the other two.
He was filled with joy and almost jumped each time he set his hoof down while he was tagging along with the engineer to the shop.

Sorrel works with the engineer in the shop as co-owner and the business is doing well. He still wishes to see that one filly, who is now a mare, again before the end of his days…

Comments ( 2 )

Looks pretty interesting so far. Please continue.

87372 Heh. Well. I don't really know if I'll continue on this one because this was only a short version of his background. (It's for RP)

I might write another fanfic about something else with him in. Haven't decided that yet, though.

Login or register to comment