• Published 25th Jul 2022
  • 184 Views, 2 Comments

The life of a batpony. - CarolineCheney



This is the story of a bat pony. Lunardust to be more specific. She’s a bit rebellious, but that’s just in her nature.

  • ...
 2
 184

The Life Of A Batpony

It starts when I was born. I was born to loving parents. When I was five, my dad started teaching me how to hunt. Now, a batpony needs to drink blood for nutrients. Don’t worry, we only hunt wild animals. My first catch was a rabbit. Oh how it squirmed in my teeth.

When I was eight, I had gotten into a fight with a bunch of colts with some swords that were lying around. I was pretty good at it, and that was how I got my cutie mark. My parents weren’t too happy when I got home though. But they were glad to know that I wouldn’t back down and cower away in a fight.

When I was fifteen, I was in another sword fight. But this time, I had come home with a scar. I remember how worried and scared my parents were as they took me to the hospital, to see if the doctors could maybe fix my eye, so I could see with it again. As you can tell, the doctors had to remove that eye. My parents always got upset when I got into fights after that day.
When I was eighteen, I had moved out and to Ponyville. I was pretty surprised when Pinkie threw a “Welcome To Ponyville” party. Though it WAS a good party. Though, she kept waking me up during the day and asking me “What are you doing sleeping? It’s daytime, not nighttime silly! And why are you sleeping upside-down?” I had to tell her that batponies are nocturnal and that it’s natural for us to sleep upside-down.

And last week, I got into yet another fight that resulted in a broken wing. And while I was walking home from the hospital, I met Firedust. He asked me for a place to stay because he didn’t have anywhere else to go after escaping a foalnapper. And, I regret to admit, that I felt pity for him. So I took him in and he’s like a brother to me.
Lunardust brushed her dark brown mane with a few lighter brown streaks to the side revealing her single blue eye and her purple eyepatch. Her coat was a lighter shade of brown than her mane, though a bit darker than the streaks. She had a sword with a golden handle for a cutie mark, and she wore a smirk on her face.

You look at the notes you have taken in your magic grip. Firedust walks in right then, his red and yellow scales shining in the moonlight.

“Hey guys! Princess Twilight is here!” We looked at each other in shock.

“WHAT?!” We both said at the same time. Why would the princess of friendship come here? And then, Twilight walked in the room.

“Good evening everypony! I hope you are doing well!” We we’re still wearing our shocked expressions. Then Lunardust managed to utter out:

“Princess! What are you doing here?” The princess looked at her, then said:

“I had come to talk about all the fights you were getting into since arriving in Ponyville. I highly recommend anger management class. It helps lots of ponies.”

“We’ll do they have them at night?” Lunardust snarled. The princess wore a blank look, blinked, and said:

“Huh, good point. But fighting is still a problem that we need to work out. Understood?”

“Yes, princess.” Lunardust rolled her eyes. It’s apparent to you that she isn’t willing to do this.

“Good. Have a good evening, everypony!” The princess said as she trotted off.

“I better go home too. Got work in the morning.” Lunardust nodded in understanding and you trotted out the door heading home.

On the way home, you notice how pretty the stars are. You basically dread going to work in the morning, but it has to be done. Once home, you took off your saddlebags and went straight to bed. Then you start to wonder how Lunardust was able to work out the whole fighting problem. You shrug it off and go straight to dreamland.

Meanwhile, Lunardust is in her room, throwing everything against the wall.

“Why does she think that everything I do is a problem?! Am I the problem?!” She was fuming with rage. It was one thing that they forbid her from flying at night, and NOW they are taking away her anger management technique. That was the last straw for her. It was decided. She KNEW that as soon as she moved in, they were trying to make her leave. And she has had enough. If they want her gone, then she can just leave tonight. She started packing all her belongings.

“Firedust! Come on, we’re leaving!” Firedust, confused, did as he was told and got on her back. And then, they were off. They did not know where they were going, but anywhere away from here, and maybe a place where they are accepted for who they are.

Twilight sat at her desk, thinking. She just wanted to help Lunardust. Then she picked up a book on batponies. Her eyes widened. It was in her nature to be as rebellious as she is. She galloped out the door and to Lunardust’s house. She hoped she wasn’t too late. When she knocked on the door, nopony answered.

“Hello? Lunardust? It’s me, Twilight. Can I come in?”

No reply. She tried knocking again.

“Is anypony home? Then the door swung open. It was pitch black inside. Twilight stuck her head in and lit her horn.

“Hell-“. She was cut off when by what she saw. She was looking into an empty house. Too late. She had left. And it was her fault. She thought she was trying to help, but all she was doing was making her feel unacceptable for being herself. Twilight hung her head low, shut the door, and flew back home.

On her way home, she was thinking about all the things she could have said- NO! SHOULD have said, to help Lunardust feel welcome.

Author's Note:

This is my first time writing a fanfic. Hope y’all enjoyed!

Comments ( 2 )

good first attempt. I liked the effort to explain Lunardust's background, as well as the attempt to insert flowery descriptions.

I hope you write more. The fimfic community is usually too old to cover themes like this.

It's an alright story. 👍

Login or register to comment