• Published 24th May 2022
  • 2,134 Views, 573 Comments

Unicorn Attack! - milesprower06



Hitch Trailblazer comes out of the Maretime Bay PD to do his afternoon rounds with his deputy only to find the populace in a panic. Quickly finding the source of the hysteria, it's time to put Canterlogic's defenses to good use...

  • ...
6
 573
 2,134

Crowded

Once everypony had gotten more or less settled in at Hitch's place, they had decided on spaghetti and hayballs for dinner. Sprout pouted a little when Hitch told him to stay out of the kitchen and rest.

"Give me any more grief, pal, and I won't hesitate to check you back into your hospital room," Hitch half-heartily threatened.

Having all of her friends back in town, with the addition of Sprout, made Sunny all the more aware of just how crowded it was going to be under one roof, and she wasn't exactly comfortable with burdening Hitch with this many guests.

"Alright, come and get it!" Hitch called from the kitchen.

The situation was exacerbated when six ponies not only came into the kitchen, but attempted to sit and eat comfortably around Hitch's circular table.

Hitch dished up plates of pasta, sauce, and hayballs one by one, passing them around the table, before getting to Sunny last of all, who suddenly pushed her chair out from the table and got up.

"I'm sorry, guys, I'm not hungry," she said as she turned to leave the kitchen and head out the front door into the Maretime Bay evening.

Hitch gave out a sigh as he put Sunny's empty plate back down onto the crowded table.

"I was hoping that all of us being back in town would lift her spirits a little," Izzy commented after she swallowed her first bite. "We're even under the same roof."

"I think she might see that as part of the problem," Hitch replied. "I want to be very clear; I'm happy to have all of you here, but I'm pretty sure she sees that as a burden for me. It might be, but it's one I'm proud to take. Just doing my part for reunification."

Sprout quickly finished his plate, then got up.

"I'll try and talk to her. Leave the dish rack for me to put away, Hitch," the deputy commented.

"You think I'm kidding about checking you back in to the hospital if you don't take it easy? If you don't give your leg the time to properly recover, I will seriously do that," Hitch told him.

Sprout rolled his eyes as he turned to head outside.

"Well, recovering deputy aside, we'll definitely help you clear the table and get things cleaned up once we're done eating," Zipp reassured him.

"Thanks, and again, I'm glad to have all of you here. I just hope Sunny can see that, sooner or later," Hitch told them as they continued eating.

"Well, unless your construction crews can buy that factory from her, then build her a new house really fast, I'm really afraid it might be later," Izzy commented, levitating a sauce-covered hayball into her mouth.


Sprout headed south down Maretime Bay's coastal street the most steady three-legged trot he could muster as he headed to where he figured Sunny Starscout would be.

Sure enough, when he got halfway up the hill, he saw the mare sitting in front of the dilapidated remains of her lighthouse, staring up at the trio of glowing gems that hadn't moved since she had temporarily taken on that glowing alicorn form.

She turned as she heard him come up the path behind her.

"I'm just going to come right out and say it," Sprout began. "I told you once in the hospital, so I'm going to have no problem telling you again. You need to stop being such a stick in the mud, Sunny."

Sunny's eyes widened as she turned to face him entirely.

"I'm sorry," she replied, her tone quite incredulous. "I suppose you haven't noticed how crowded Hitch's house is now, through no fault of his own."

"Yes, Sunny, it is very crowded, it's not his fault, and it's not your fault either. You think the rest of us haven't noticed? It is what it is, and I'd say we're all making the best of a tricky situation. I'd also say that you need to stop bumming your new friends out by moping around because you don't have a home right now and because you also have an empty factory that you don't know what to do with just yet," Sprout told her.

"Are you listening to yourself right now?" Sunny asked him.

"Are you? Sunny, Maretime Bay is getting more visitors every single day, and we don't exactly have the facilities to handle guests from out of town. But we are handling it. Everypony is handling it. This is, quite obviously, an unprecedented situation."

"Right. So in addition to all the hotels and apartments that will have to be built, we'll have to squeeze in a new lighthouse too, once I've got the funds. Who knows when that'll be. Unless, you know, a new one magically pops out of the ground."

Upon finishing that sentence, the pair of ponies felt the ground under their hooves shake. They both took a few steps backwards down the hill, before being knocked onto their haunches by a shockwave that emanated from the remains of the lighthouse, a moment before a beam of rainbow light shot up out of the top of the tower, and the crystals in the middle began to shine blindingly bright, enveloping the entire cliffside in an orb of white light.

Not wanting Sprout to be hurt further, Sunny kept him down on the ground as he tried to blindingly get up and shield her from whatever might have been happening. The pair of them could only lay there on the ground, feeling their entire bodies vibrate as the ground continued to shake.

"What's happening???" Sunny asked.

"No idea!" Sprout replied, continuing to lay there and shield his eyes with his good front leg.

They quickly lost track of the seconds as the shaking continued, but it couldn't have been more than a minute or so. Finally, when the shaking stopped, both Sunny and Sprout risked lifting their hooves from their faces, and indeed the shaking had stopped, and their eyes widened in shock at what was now before them.

A glowing, pristine lighthouse now sat where the old one had been, the rainbow beam continuing to shine out of the top, the crystals floating in the middle of it on the top floor.

The murmurs from some bystanders further down the hill brought them out of their shock, and Sprout gave Sunny a playful shove.

"So that's another thing; we've got mystical magic crystals in town now, you want to watch your mouth?"

Author's Note: