• Published 24th May 2022
  • 2,121 Views, 564 Comments

Unicorn Attack! - milesprower06



Hitch Trailblazer comes out of the Maretime Bay PD to do his afternoon rounds with his deputy only to find the populace in a panic. Quickly finding the source of the hysteria, it's time to put Canterlogic's defenses to good use...

  • ...
6
 564
 2,121

Zipp On Blast

"Say, Zipp? How far should we get tonight?" Sunny asked as they headed northwest down the mountain canyon, away from the city.

"No idea," the white pegasus replied, walking next to her. "Member of the royal family going missing is something that's never happened before, so I have no idea how long or how far they'll search... Or how long until the calls stop. Thought they might think that I'd leave it in my room," Zipp said, looking down at her phone, seeing it vibrate again, before tucking it back into her saddlebag. "But I think we're safe, as long as we keep going for now. Guards certainly can't glide in all that armor, and I'm sure they'll turn the castle and city upside down before coming out here. Where are we headed anyway?"

"According to Sunny's old map, Bridlewood is just under a day's hike from here," Izzy told her.

"And compared to today, how do you think the unicorn welcome will be?" Hitch asked, wanting to be on the cautious side.

"Not much better, to be perfectly honest," Izzy admitted. "You'll see all the signs on the way into the forest."

Zipp felt her phone vibrate in her saddlebag again, and took it out as she rolled her eyes in frustration.

"Come on, how many times are they going to try call— Oh no..." Zipp said, her eyes widening as she swiped a hoof across her phone screen.

"What's 'oh no'? What's going on?" Sunny asked.

"They're not trying to call me, this is the emergency tracking app my sister sideloaded onto this months ago... That means that she knows—"

"—Exactly where you are!" They heard from directly behind them, startling the four of them. Hitch was immediately on alert, but Zipp held up a hoof as she also turned around, seeing her younger sister come out of the shadows into the moonlight, and she looked none too pleased. Luckily, she appeared to be alone.

"Pipp, I can explain."

"Yeah, you can, and you will. Right here, right now. You knew how important this night was to me, and you up and vanish with whoever these ponies are."

"Yes, sis. I know how important this night was. But you know how I also feel about this lie we've been propping up that only the royal family can fly."

"So you're just going to leave?"

"No."

"That's sure what it looks like you're doing to me!"

"Girls!"

Both pegasi looked over to Sunny, who had taken a step forward and interrupted their argument.

"Zipp, maybe introductions are in order?" Sunny asked in an attempt to calm the situation down a little.

The white pegasus took a breath, and nodded.

"Right, sorry. This is my little sister, Pipp Petals, social media magnate of Zephyr Heights. Pipp, these are my new friends. Sunny, Hitch, and Izzy."

Pipp's expression softened just a little when she heard how her sister described her.

"Hello, everypony. A pleasure, I'm sure. Now Zipp, please tell me why you absconded with the crown jewel on one of the biggest nights of my life," Pipp demanded.

"Pipp, you have a 'biggest night of your life' every other week. You know I've been curious for years about what actually happened to Equestrian magic. Izzy says the unicorns think the pegasi took it, and we know that's not true, probably just as untrue as the unicorns taking away our ability to fly. I think the crystal on mom's crown is part of the key to restoring magic for everypony, everywhere. You want to come along and help? Tell me that pulling this off won't be the story of the year for you," Zipp said with a gentle smile.

Pipp had a pout on her face, and was clearly thinking about it when her phone rang. She dug it out and saw that it was a video call from her mom.

"We're not leaving signal range without talking to mom first. We're not going to do that to her," Pipp fiercely stated, holding up the phone.

Zipp took a breath, and nodded.

"As long as we don't tell her where we're going," the elder sibling said, coming up next to her sister as she swiped across the screen with the tip of her hoof, accepting the call.

"Hi mom, don't worry, Zipp and I are both—"

"WHAT is going on tonight?!? Young lady, you better start talking right now."

"She was before you interrupted her," Zipp said, stepping into the camera's line of sight. "Don't worry, we're both fine, and—"

"Don't even get me started with you, Zephyrina Storm. You can't even fathom how long you're going to be grounded for—"

"Mom! This is bigger than the three of us, trust me. I think the crystal on your crown can help actually restore flight to all of Zephyr Heights. We won't be back tonight, but don't worry, we aren't out here alone," Zipp explained, and Pipp momentarily turned the phone so the camera feed was facing Sunny, Hitch, and Izzy. The earth mare waved meekly, the stallion gave a curt nod, and Izzy gave a wide grin and waved a hoof ecstatically.

"A unicorn? And earth ponies?! Darlings, do you have any idea what you're doing?" Haven asked as Pipp turned the phone back around.

"Yes, we do. At least, we think so. Don't worry, we'll be careful, and if this works, we'll go down in history, mom," Zipp said.

"Whether this works or not, you two better come back safe, do you understand me? First I have to think of what to tell the crowds down below to calm them down, and then I'll start thinking of punishments."

"We will, promise. Love you, mom," Pipp said. She gave a kissy face before ending the call.

"Now, before we find where to camp for the night, you take my phone and yours, and turn off that lousy tracker app," Zipp said, tossing her phone to her little sister.

Sunny gave her a smile.

"Welcome to the team, Pipp."


Queen Haven gave an exasperated sigh as she turned off her phone and got up from her throne, beginning to pace along the top step.

"Sergeant Zephyrwing!" she called down towards the end of the hall. The double doors opened, and the light blue armored pegasus walked in and gave a bow.

"Your Majesty?" She asked before coming back up to attention.

"End the lockdown. My daughters have been located, they are safe, but nowhere close, and I highly doubt we'll catch them tonight. We have to calm everyone down after that alarm. Pipp may be able to do these things completely on her own, but I need a bit more assistance. Get the media room ready."

Sergeant Zoom nodded and gave a salute.

"Right away, Your Majesty."

Author's Note: