• Published 24th May 2022
  • 2,134 Views, 571 Comments

Unicorn Attack! - milesprower06



Hitch Trailblazer comes out of the Maretime Bay PD to do his afternoon rounds with his deputy only to find the populace in a panic. Quickly finding the source of the hysteria, it's time to put Canterlogic's defenses to good use...

  • ...
6
 571
 2,134

Good Reasons, Part I

Hitch and Sprout walked up the hill towards the Crystal Brighthouse, which seemed to almost glow in the dusk. Coming up the front steps, Hitch knocked on the door to announce their arrival.

"It's open!" He heard Izzy call.

Hitch turned the knob, and pushed the doors open. He immediately saw Izzy over by the stove in the kitchen, and Sunny and Pipp talking excitedly on the couch, with a small cluster of papers scattered on the coffee table. Sunny looked over from Pipp when she noticed they had visitors.

"Hitch, don't be ridiculous. Neither of you two have to knock to come in here," Sunny said, getting up and going over to hug him.

"But knock we will. This is your home, and I won't barge in unannounced," Hitch told her.

"Pfft. 'Unannounced'. When we invited you two over for dinner," Sunny replied. "How have you been holding up Sprout?"

"Well I'm not going stir crazy anymore since Pipp got me this awesome phone," the red stallion replied.

"And he'll be pleased to know that he's been cleared for desk duty," Hitch added.

Sprout had obviously not heard this ahead of time, because his ears perked up and his head whipped towards Hitch.

"Wait, seriously? Really?" He asked enthusiastically.

"Desk duty, Deputy. 'Desk' was the keyword there," Hitch emphasized, before turning his attention to the scribbles and sketches on the papers scattered on the coffee table. "So what's all this?"

"Sunny finally has an idea for the factory," Pipp said. "A public livestreaming studio!"

"A what-streaming studio?" Sprout asked.

"Remember when I gave you that quick walkthrough on your phone, telling you about how a lot of ponies broadcast to their audiences live? That's livestreaming," Pipp told him.

"With how popular Pipp claims it is in Zephyr Heights, I figured let's get a bit of a head start on giving everypony in Maretime Bay a place to hone their new hobby. I have a meeting with Toots tomorrow on my lunch break, I'd like to bring as much of the CanterLogic staff back as I can," Sunny said.

"Well, sounds like you've got it all under control for now," Hitch offered, before the inviting scent of seasoned pasta and cheese reached his nostrils. "Smells great over there, Izzy. What's for dinner?"

"Macaroni and cheese, with all sorts of crazy pasta shapes courtesy of Mac-a-poni in Zephyr Heights!" Izzy answered.

"Say, where's Zipp?" Hitch asked.

He saw the expressions of Pipp and Sunny turn somber for a moment.

"Zipp... Isn't joining us tonight. Sent me a text an hour ago, saying not to expect her back tonight," Pipp answered.

"Yeah, I was afraid she'd still be angry about the new flight ordinance. Hoped I could soften the blow by telling her that I had your mom's support," Hitch told her.

"Which is why I'd wager that she's flying home right now to give her an earful. For what it's worth, Hitch, I think you made the right call; until more pegasi can learn to fly safely, we need to stay on the ground in crowded areas."

"It's ready!" Izzy called from over in the kitchen, levitating a large pot over to the dining table. "Come and get it!"


Queen Haven sipped at her morning cup of coffee as she quietly went over her to-do list for the day with Captain Zephyrwing in the cavernous throne room in Zephyr Heights Castle.

"And how are the clinics and Zephyr Heights General doing, Captain?" Haven asked as she glanced down her list.

"Still overwhelmed, Your Highness, but the tide does seem to be ebbing a bit; the warning signs are probably helping."

The quiet conversation came to a halt when the throne room doors burst open, and in trotted Zipp, who honestly looked like she hadn't gotten a decent night's sleep.

"Good thing you put that possibility on the list, Your Highness," Captain Zephyrwing muttered to her, taking her hoof and sliding 'Talk to Zipp' to the top of the to-do list as the white pegasus continued to march into the throne room.

"So you actually agree with what Hitch is doing in Maretime Bay? You're letting him keep us from enjoying the magic that's been returned to us?" Zipp asked incredulously.

Haven took a quiet breath, nodding at Captain Zephyrwing, letting her know that that would be all for now, as she got up from the throne and walked towards her oldest daughter.

"Come with me," Haven told her just as she passed her on her trot towards the large double doors. When she got to them, seeing that Zipp hadn't moved, she turned her head to look back at her.

"That wasn't a request, Zephyrina. Now."

Author's Note: