• Published 24th May 2022
  • 2,134 Views, 571 Comments

Unicorn Attack! - milesprower06



Hitch Trailblazer comes out of the Maretime Bay PD to do his afternoon rounds with his deputy only to find the populace in a panic. Quickly finding the source of the hysteria, it's time to put Canterlogic's defenses to good use...

  • ...
6
 571
 2,134

Preparations

Sunny trotted away from the pick-up counter with a tray containing a Pretzel Hayburger Deluxe, a medium hayfry, and a strawberry milkshake, going into the dining area and sat across the table from Toots, who already had his food and was scrolling through his smartphone which was laying next to his tray.

"Alright, so now that we're ready to eat, want to tell me what this is about?" Toots asked, sipping at his soda.

"Yes. Thanks for coming out to lunch with me, Toots. I wanted to tell you that I've figured out what to do with the factory, and I'd like to know if you'd be interested in help run it again, as well as bring as many former employees back as we can," Sunny told him.

"Well, I'd say you certainly have my intrigue, but I'd like to know more, as much as I can, in fact, before committing to something like that. It's just that I would never want to get former employees' hopes up if it's something that doesn't end up being sustainable. I won't ask them to come back just for them to go through a closure again," Toots warned her.

"No problem, and I appreciate your bluntness, Toots," Sunny began, before she paused as she noticed Pipp come to the table with a cup of iced coffee, looking positively half asleep.

"Ah, Pipp, I'm so glad you were able to make it," Sunny said.

"You alright, Miss Pipp? You don't look too good," Toots greeted.

Pipp nodded sluggishly.

"I'm afraid that helping me with my new idea along with getting her new salon ready to open is running Pipp here into the ground. That's why I'm really hoping that I can take the pointers she's given me, and have you take over, so she can focus more on Mane Melody and stop spending more energy than she has. No offense, Pipp," Sunny offered.

"None taken, Sunny," Pipp replied, yawning. "But she is right. While I am more than happy to bring livestreaming, both as a hobby and career path, to an entire new community of ponies, trying to jump start two new business ventures at once is currently taking more coffee than is probably healthy."

"Livestreaming? Like the short episodes you put out almost daily?" Toots asked.

"Exactly," the pegasus replied. "Doing it entirely on your own takes equipment, bandwidth, knowledge, and most importantly, practice and time to generate an audience. Sunny is interested in turning CanterLogic into a space that provides most of that; mainly space and equipment. I'm already in contact with knowledgeable livestreamers up in Zephyr Heights to see if they'd be interested in providing their expertise."

"I'm envisioning having multiple stages, some large, some small, depending on what the streamer's needs would be. Cameras, microphones, props... What ever they need to put on their show," Sunny chipped in.

"So put succinctly, a public access broadcasting studio," Toots surmised.

Sunny and Pipp nodded.

"You're already familiar with the building's layout, so I was hoping you'd like to come back and keep things running," Sunny told him.

Toots mulled this offer over as he continued into his lunch.

"The first thing I would need is a plan to bring in revenue. This idea is all well and good, but at the end of all of these discussions, we'll need a way to keep the lights on and keep employees paid," the earth stallion told them.

"That's a very good point, Sunny. I know Maretime Bay will give you a monthly grant for the building being public access, but there should also be some kind of rental fees for equipment or stage usage, and it should be just enough to pay staff and overhead," Pipp told her.

"No worries, Sunny. That is my line of work and area of expertise," Toots told her.

"We should make it accessible and attractive to both newbies and experienced streamers, so ponies don't stop using the studio once they get enough streaming experience and equipment to do it on their own," Pipp added.

"The more hooves-on experience we get from Zephyr Heights, the better," Sunny said. "Not to mention the less we'll need you, so you can focus on Mane Melody."

"One more thing, before we start putting things in motion," Toots said. "Got any ideas for a name?"

Sunny nodded, picking up her beverage.

"I do," Sunny said, raising her glass up in an invitation to a toast.

"Here's to CanterLove Studios."