• Published 24th May 2022
  • 2,134 Views, 571 Comments

Unicorn Attack! - milesprower06



Hitch Trailblazer comes out of the Maretime Bay PD to do his afternoon rounds with his deputy only to find the populace in a panic. Quickly finding the source of the hysteria, it's time to put Canterlogic's defenses to good use...

  • ...
6
 571
 2,134

The Spark

After Fifi's disastrous delivery, Sunny had to rely on an emergency local order to get her supplies refilled for the next few shifts, before finally closing up for the day and heading back towards the lighthouse. She was coming up the path to the front doors when they burst open, and Zipp came out, followed quickly by Pipp.

"Zipp, I seriously don't understand you!" Pipp told her incredulously.

"Sis, just drop it!" Zipp snapped. "I'm not interested. There's no way I would ever be qualified for something like that."

With that, Zipp spread her wings, and took off, headed east over the hills outside of town, while Sunny came up to Pipp.

"So I take it she knows already?" Sunny asked.

Pipp nodded.

"Thinks the no-flight rule is ridiculous, and will likely be giving Hitch an earful sooner than later. But at the same time, she doesn't think she's fit to teach other pegasi how to fly," Pipp answered.

"She's probably the most fit!" Sunny countered.

"I know, right? How can she say she isn't qualified? I mean, even I've managed to make time to give up-and-coming livestreamers some pointers on the basics to help them share their passions with the rest of the city."

From the stunned, wide-eyed expression that formed on Sunny's face, Pipp knew she had struck some kind of nerve.

"What? What did I say?" Pipp asked.

"You aren't quite ready for dinner, are you?" Sunny asked.

"Not really, why?" Pipp replied.

"Come with me," Sunny told her, quickly turning around and heading down the hill at a steady gallop, and Pipp followed a moment later. The sun continued dipping below the horizon as the earth and pegasus mares made their way down the main street, right up to the dark CanterLogic building, which would normally be one of the brightest areas of town during this time of day.

The pair of ponies came up to the front doors, and Sunny reached into her saddlebags and came out with the one and only working keycard to the building, brushing it against the reader beside the door. The indicator light went from red to green, and the lock clicked open, letting her pull open the front door.

The entire factory was under emergency lighting only, so the entire front concourse was only dimly lit. Pipp stayed close to her friend as they passed the front offices and came to the production floor. The wide open space made it a lot darker than the offices up front, but it was still clear to see their surroundings; cardboard boxes littered the entire floor, some filled, some not.

Sunny knew what had happened; the factory staff were in the middle of getting rid of all of Phyllis' propaganda materials when Toots had made the call to shut it all down and hand the property over to her.

"Sunny, what are we doing here?" Pipp asked.

Sunny finally came to a stop in the middle of the wide open floor.

"Alright," she began, turning to Pipp. "Picture this if you can; all of this junk cleared away. The earth ponies and unicorns are loving their new smartphones, and your streams are just getting more and more popular, with quite a few ponies wanting to give it a try themselves. So, let's give them a place to do it. Right here! A livestreaming studio! Where ponies can give tutorials and lessons and content on any manner of subjects!"

Now it was Pipp with the wide-eyed, stunned look, as a building's worth of light bulbs came on in her head.

"Sunny... That. Is. Genius! Where do we start?"

Author's Note: