• Published 17th Feb 2022
  • 1,470 Views, 47 Comments

The Element of Greed - MechaTomX



Spike will embark on an incredible adventure where he will meet new friends and do great deeds worthy of the hero of the Crystal Empire, so he will find his true purpose in life.

  • ...
8
 47
 1,470

Let the Battle Begin

The situation was not going well for Luna and the boys, they were being threatened by Spyral and his 3 clones.

Spike, Button Mash and Rumble began to think about the situation, they saw how the clones were staring at them, and although they didn't say it, they were a little nervous.

"Luna," Spike whispered into the former princess of the night's ear.

"What's up Spike?" Luna spoke quietly so Spyral wouldn't hear them.

"Do you think you can fight Spyral alone?" asked the Dragon.

“Sure, I can even beat him,” the Alicorn agreed.

“If so, then we have to separate them,” Rumble said.

"What?" Luna asked worriedly, "I'm not going to do that, you're children, you won't be able to beat them."

"Technically, we've already graduated from Cherrilee's high school, and we're 13-14 years old, so we're teenagers," added Button Mash.

“But it's too risky, you can't do that,” Luna told them.

"Princess Luna, be reasonable, Equestria is in danger with this crazy changeling gaining more power, we can't wait for the others to break free from the magical prison, we have to defeat him now," Rumble said.

"Otherwise, there may not be any more chances to save Equestria," Spike finished.

Luna looked carefully at the 3 children, she could see the sparkle in their eyes, something that reminded her of when she was their age, she smiled, "Okay, but promise me one thing."

“If something bad happens, or if something gets out of control, please run away, no matter what happens, you will have to run away.”

Spike, Rumble, and Button nodded, then braced themselves and watched as Spyral and his clones slowly approached.

“Wow, so you have a plan, I'm interested to know what it's about,” Spyral said with a wicked smile.

"Its about," Rumble said and then yelled, "ITS ABOUT THIS, YOU BIG FOOL."

POW.

Rumble flew straight at Spyral but then pushed the clone that had wings up.

“Ahhh,” the winged clone yelled as he was propelled upwards.

"WHAT THE?..." Spyral wondered when he heard the cry of the clone with the horn.

“GYAHHHHH.”

Spyral turned to see the clone engulfed in green flames which were the product of Spike's magical breath.

"Hey fool, if that bothers you then catch me," Spike said as he fled into the Everfree Forest, causing the horned clone to go after him.

"SPIKE, NOOOOO," Twilight yelled, still trapped inside her magic bubble.

“Do you think that plan will work, we are clones, but we are not that stupid,” said the clone who lacked horn and wings.

BAM.

“OUCH,” the clone groaned in pain as he was hit with a rock which Button Mash threw.

“Grrgg, you,” the clone said angrily and headed straight for Button.

“AHHH, I'M SORRY,” Button Mash yelled and instantly he ran off towards Ponyville.

“COME BACK HERE,” the clone yelled as he went after him.

The Mane 6, the Crusaders, Celestia and Luna had been left open-mouthed at such a spectacle.

“Wow, that worked,” Luna said.

Spyral realized that his clones had been tricked, but he didn't think the boys could beat them.

“Grrrr, now you made me mad,” Spyral said as he used his horn to conjure up a green sword, “I'm going to finish you off and when I do, I'll take care of those brats, I just hope my clones don't do all the work for me he he."

Luna frowned, but Twi was the one who got the worst of it.

Hearing that, Twilight Sparkle freaked out and started punching the bubble in an attempt to break it, "No, No, NOOOOO, SPIKE."

“Twilight, Twilight, you need to stay calm right now,” Celestia told her.

"Celestia, I can't, Spike, my little brother is out there fighting that thing," Twi said through many tears, "If anything were to happen to him, I could never forgive myself."

Hearing that, Celestia hugged Twilight, "I understand that you're worried, I'm worried about Luna too, but sometimes, we have to trust our younger siblings."

Hearing that, Twi started to feel better, even Rarity reminded her of something.

"Darling, did you perhaps forget the time Spike defeated a giant Roc, literally a species that devours dragons, I think that must be worth something."

Twi smiled remembering that day, where Spike grew wings.

“And we all know Rumble is a flying prodigy, he's more skilled than me at that age,” Rainbow Dash said.

"Don't leave out Button Mash either, he may be lazy, but he's so smart," added Applejack.

“I'm sure they will find a way, we just have to believe,” Celestia told her.

Twi smiled upon hearing them, quickly coming up with a plan, "Even so, we have to find a way to help them."

They all began to think about what they could do, until the Crusaders saw out of the corner of their eyes the saddlebag that Celestia was carrying.

"Princess Celestia, will you have paper?" Scootaloo asked.

Celestia with some hesitation nodded.

"Well, then we can do something," Sweetie Belle said, taking out a bottle of ink.

Twi smiled knowing what the Crusaders were planning.

“Lulu, be careful,” Celestia told her.

"Don't worry Celestia," Luna said as she conjured a blue and black sword, "The only one who will have to watch out is him."

"Are you making fun of me?" Spyral asked and at that moment, the element of anger kicked in, "THAT MAKES ME ANGRY."

“Bring it on,” Luna said.


As the clone with the horn chased after Spike, the latter stopped at a river.

“I caught you,” the clone said.

Spike just gave him a stern look, "Rather, you fell for the trap."

"What?"

"You are just a clone, an illusion created with magic, and now it is my duty to undo that spell," Spike said as he filled his hands with his own fire, this he did so that the clone would not realize that the little dragon was shaking.

“I will not lose to a lizard,” the clone shouted and the battle began.


In the forest sky, Rumble had flown high enough to be in the clouds.

“So this is where you took me, you feel brave fighting alone brat,” the winged clone said.

“I am brave, but I am not foolish and now it is time to finish you off,” Rumble told him.

"Big words for such a small pony, who do you think you are?" asked the clone.

Rumble was silent for a few seconds but then he spoke from his heart.

"I am a future Wonderbolt."

He charged towards the clone and the battle began.


Meanwhile, Button had fled to Ponyville, which had been evacuated.

“Ugh, I think I lost it,” Button said with relief.

"WHERE ARE YOU?" the wingless, hornless clone yelled, "YOU CAN'T HIDE FOREVER."

“Ok I didn't lost it,” Button said as he hid in an empty house.

“I'll have to do something to get rid of him,” Button Mash thought, knowing a stealth battle was coming.

Author's Note:

Alright, now you better hold your pants because the next 4 chapters will tell the epic battle between Luna and the boys VS Spyral and his clones.