• Published 17th Feb 2022
  • 1,471 Views, 47 Comments

The Element of Greed - MechaTomX



Spike will embark on an incredible adventure where he will meet new friends and do great deeds worthy of the hero of the Crystal Empire, so he will find his true purpose in life.

  • ...
8
 47
 1,471

New Friends

It was a beautiful day, the weather was fine and the sky was clear, there, Twilight Sparkle and Spike could be seen flying together towards Ponyville.

"The weather is nice, it's the perfect time to celebrate the festival of the 2 sisters, don't you think Spike?" asked the alicorn.

"Yes, I could not choose a better time," replied the animated dragon.

Twilight smiled seeing her brother happy again, the two of them deserved a break from all the work they had, luckily they had the day off to celebrate what used to be the the Summer Sun Celebration.

They were headed to Sugarcube Corner, where Pinkie Pie was throwing a party, like always, but they still knew it was going to be a great party.

"You know, a little bird told me that Pinkie made you a special cupcake with gems," Twilight said cheerfully.

"Wow, in that case, let's speed up, I can taste that cupcake now," Spike said as he revved up his wings, moving them much faster.

"Make it a race, first to Ponyville wins," Twilight challenged.

Spike responded determinedly, "It is on."

And suddenly the 2 began a flight race, they remembered what their first days with their wings were like, and they had one thing in common, they were lousy at flying, but over time the 2 knew how to control their wings to fly elegantly.

"You won't win Spike, I've been flying for more years than you," Twilight said as she stepped forward.

"You may be older than me, but I still have the touch," Spike said as he caught up to her, "My draconic flying techniques are something ponies don't have, damn I could even beat a wonderbolt."


Meanwhile in Ponyville.

Rainbow Dash was galloping until she felt something, "Hmm... I don't know why, but I think I'll kick Spike's butt tomorrow."


"Hahaha, I told you you wouldn't beat me, sister," Spike said as he circled Twilight.

“Spike, WATCH OUT,” Twilight yelled.

"Nice try Twi, but I'm not that stupid to…" Spike said but couldn't finish because he bumped into someone.

CRASH.

“Ahhhhhhh,” Spike yelled as he collided with a pegasus causing him to lose control and fall.

"Ahhhhhhhh," shouted the pegasus that collided with Spike, he also lost control and fell.

PLAFFT.

The 2 fell to the ground.

"Spike, are you okay?" Twilight asked as she descended.

Spike, who had spirals in his eyes, couldn't answer, because he still felt dazed from the fall.

But the pegasus turned out to be a bit more resistant, he spoke to him, "Hey, you should watch where you fly."

Spike had recovered from the dizziness of the impact and visualized the pegasus, he saw that it was a foal, it seemed to be his age, after seeing it, he recognized it, it was a small pegasus that he saw during the flight tests to take the water to Cloudsdale .

"I'm sorry, erm Rumble right?"

"Don't worry, it didn't even hurt," Rumble replied.

“Because I cushioned your fall, clumsy,” came a voice.

Rumble and Spike looked down to see Rumble land on a foal with brown fur and a weird propeller hat.

“Oh sorry,” Spike said, as he and Rumble helped the foal to his feet.

"Hey, wait, how do you know my name?" Rumble asked Spike.

“Oh well, I met you at the speed tests a few years ago,” Spike replied.

"Oh right, I remembered," Rumble said, "You're the princess of friendship's assistant."

"Umm, yes, by the way, my name is Spike," Spike replied, "Spike the Dragon."

"Spike?" wondered the brown-skinned colt, “Spike the brave and glorious? The hero of the Crystal Empire?

Spike nodded with a blush, flattered that he was recognized by a non-crystal pony.

“Wow, you're a legend, it's an honor,” the foal said as he knelt before Spike.

"Umm, you shouldn't do that," Spike said a little sheepishly, "Could you tell me your name?"

"My name is Button Mash."

"Button Mash," said Twilight who approached the 3 children, seeing Twilight, Rumble and Button Mash knelt before her, after all, she was the new ruler of Equestria, "I know you, Miss Cherilee has talked a lot about you, an expert student in mathematics.”

“Hehe,” Button sighed, “Thanks, I…..”

“But she also told me you're a lazy bum who plays video games all the time,” Twilight interrupted with a smile.

Button hung his head sheepishly, "Yes, I think video games are my passion."

Spike smiled when he heard what Button said, a detail that caught his attention was despite saying that video games were his passion, Button didn't have any cutie mark.

"Huh, that's weird," Spike thought and then looked at Rumble, who also had no cutie mark.

And as if Twilight read Spike's mind, she asked them, "You still haven't gotten your cutie marks?"

Rumble and Button looked to their flanks, they shook their heads, Button spoke up, "Don't worry princess, I'm in no rush for that."

“I'm sure they'll find them soon, I know 3 fillies who did crazy things to get them,” said Spike.

"You mean the Cutie Mark Crusaders?" Rumble asked.

"Yeah, exactly, them," Spike replied.

"Rumble, do you know them?" Twilight asked.

"Yes princess," Rumble answered but then lowered his head, "Even though I caused them trouble in the past, I'm surprised they would have forgiven me."

Spike asked what he did.

Rumble began to tell them about the time at cutie mark camp, the time where he manipulated other blank flanks to hate cutie marks, but learned a great lesson from the Crusaders and his older brother Thunderlane.

"Wow," was all Spike could say upon hearing the story.

“Dude, you really had problems,” Button Mash added.

Twilight quickly chimed in, "Hey don't worry Rumble, we've all made mistakes, I also have a friend who hated cutie marks for a long time and she learned her lesson too."

Rumble smiled upon hearing the princess.

"Well Spike, we have to go to Sugarcube Corner, we don't have to be late," said Twilight but then an idea occurred to her, she turned to Rumble and Button Mash and spoke to them, "why don't you join us, the Crusaders will be there also."

Spike smiled.

Button was flattered, "I would be honored to join you, princess."

"No, just call me Twilight," she told them sweetly.

Rumble also accompanied them smiling.

On the way, Spike was chatting with Button and Rumble, "Yes, that's Twilight, she's very nice."

"She's so cute, my mom always tells me to make friends, I didn't think this was possible," Button said and then stopped, he looked at Spike and Rumble, "Umm, we're friends right?"

Rumble replied, "Sure, why we wouldn't be."

“Even though our first meeting was a bit violent, I think i like you guys,” Spike added as the three of them laughed.

Twilight looked at them, it felt good that Spike made friends, of course, he already had his O&O group and his friends from other realms, but this was the first time he made friends his age.

And so, the 4 headed to Sugarcube Corner to celebrate.


Meanwhile, Luna and Celestia were also heading to Ponyville.

"Quick sister, we have to tell them," Luna said to Celestia who had a mysterious book

Author's Note:

Well, thats Rumble and Button Mash, I would have liked them to be more present in the MLP FiM series and I have been in fimfiction for more than 2 years and my favorite fanfics are where they 2 appear as friends of Spike