• Published 17th Feb 2022
  • 1,471 Views, 47 Comments

The Element of Greed - MechaTomX



Spike will embark on an incredible adventure where he will meet new friends and do great deeds worthy of the hero of the Crystal Empire, so he will find his true purpose in life.

  • ...
8
 47
 1,471

The New Threat of Equestria

“And when I thought the trap worked, it turns out whoever I caught, it was Big Mac,” Apple Bloom told Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle a story to which they laughed.

The crusaders were sitting at another table, though they wondered what Rumble and Button Mash were doing there.

"So they're Spike's friends?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"Well, Rumble change, so I don't think there will be any problem, remember what our sisters taught us, always give a second chance," Scootaloo said to which the crusaders nodded.

Everything seemed fine, the party was going great, but that calm was interrupted with the appearance of the ex princesses.

"TWILIGHT, SPIKE," Luna burst in breaking down the door to Sugarcube Corner.

“Sorry, we'll fix it later, but this is a matter of the utmost importance,” Celestia said, entering Sugarcube Corner.

Celestia and Luna entered and greeted the Mane 6, Celestia speaking first, "My little ponies, it's nice to see you again."

"I only wish it hadn't been at a time of extreme danger," Luna added.

“Extreme danger?” the Mane 6 asked in surprise at the same time.

"Actually, it has to do with the nightmare Spike had," Luna said, then she called to Spike, "You might want to see this Spike, it concerns you too."

Nervous Spike approached, he was accompanied by Rumble and Button, the crusaders also approached.

Luna already knew the crusaders, so she didn't mind that they knew too, but she didn't recognize the 2 colts that were next to Spike.

"Oh and who are you?" Celestia asked them with a smile.

"Umm, friends of Spike, I don't think we should meddle though," Button Mash replied nervously in the presence of the former princesses.

"No, it's fine, you guys can listen too," Luna told them.

“And you're great friends to care about with everything that's happened,” Celestia told them.

Rumble and Button Mash smiled.

"Alright I need everyone to pay close attention," Luna said as she opened a book, "This is the story of the elements of sin."

“Elements of sin?” Twilight asked a little terrified by the name of those supposed elements, "I didn't know anything about that."

“Because we didn't think it was something that needed to be known, we thought they had been destroyed,” Celestia replied.

"Anyway, I'll get on with the story," Luna said, then looked at Twilight, "And no interruptions."

"I'm sorry," Twilight said sheepishly.

"When Celestia and I fought," Luna paused, still apologetic about the whole Nightmare Moon thing, "the elements of the harmony were used against their own wielder back then."

“That brought horrible consequences, in addition to Luna's banishment,” Celestia told them.

“Apparently, using items like that, was considered a….” Luna paused again, "Sin, a sin."

“From that day on, the elements were unlinked from us, but other kinds of elements were created,” Celestia said.

“It was also partly thanks to me, I was so angry, that even without knowing it, I forged the element of rage,” Luna said.

Everyone present shuddered upon hearing of an unknown element.

“But since I was banished, the element has been dormant ever since,” Luna said calming everyone down.

“We will tell you how these elements work,” Celestia said.

"There are 7 in total, but we only know 2, the other 5 are still a mystery," Luna said, "The ones we know are anger and greed."

“The moment you activate one of those elements, the remaining 5 will be revealed,” Celestia said.

The Mane 6 were more surprised by how those elements worked.

"It's kind of the reverse of the elements of harmony," Rarity said.

"Yes, because activating the first 5 elements would activate the magic element," Fluttershy said.

“But in this case, you only need to activate one element to activate them all,” Twilight said.

"And that's why I was worried about your dream, Spike," Luna said.

"But what does this have to do with me?" Spike asked.

“This comes down to a long time ago, the time you had your greed attack, Spike,” Celestia told her in the kindest, most respectful way.

Spike lowered his head, remembering that day.

"Don't feel bad, Spike," Celestia said petting him, and Luna spoke up, "We all make mistakes, Spike, but at least we learned from them."

Twi began to ponder the implications of the matter.

“Here in Ponyville, there is an element that is not yet active,” Celestia said.

Hearing that, Spike put the puzzle together in his mind, "That element was forged by me."

"That's right, Spike," Luna said.

“I guess it's the element of greed,” Twilight said.

“Yes Twilight, is exactly that element, I never would have thought that a child would be able to forge one of those elements,” Luna said.

"But the nightmares Spike had, what do they mean?" Twilight asked the former princesses.

“It means that someone found the elements, and apparently they already got 6 of them, but they still can't get the greed one, because that one is linked to Spike,” Luna said.

"Who could be behind all this?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"And I hope he's not trying to hurt our little Spikey-Wikey," Rarity said.

“We don't know who it could be, but…” Celestia was interrupted by the sound of an explosion.

BOOM.

“Forget it,” Celestia said, and everyone quickly filed out to see what was going on.

"What the...?" Rumble asked as he witnessed the disaster.

Many ponies were running for their lives, there were several explosions in Ponyville, some even destroyed some houses.

"Who is the cause of these explosions?" asked AJ.

"Umm, you might want to look up," Pinkie Pie told them.

They all looked up and saw something they never thought they would see again.

It was a corrupted Changeling, but unlike the others, this one had green eyes.

"Green eyes," Spike and Twi said at the same time.

"Spike, what's up?" Rumble and Button Mash asked him at the same time.

"That guy, I think I've seen him before..." Spike paused, "In my nightmares."

The Changeling realized that they were watching him and he descended on them with an evil look.

AJ, Rarity, Rainbow and Twilight stood in front of their respective younger siblings to protect them.

While Pinkie and Fluttershy did the same to protect Rumble and Button Mash.

"Who are you?" Luna asked.

The Changeling smiled and replied, "My name is Spyral."

He continued and revealed something that would shock everyone present.

"And I am the true son of Queen Chrysalis."

Author's Note:

Thank you the one who create that oc changeling, it was the perfect design for the villian of this story, Spyral.