• Published 17th Feb 2022
  • 1,470 Views, 47 Comments

The Element of Greed - MechaTomX



Spike will embark on an incredible adventure where he will meet new friends and do great deeds worthy of the hero of the Crystal Empire, so he will find his true purpose in life.

  • ...
8
 47
 1,470

Little Dragon's Feelings

Many years ago.

We are in some kind of library, there was Spike and Twilight Sparkle, the filly who had received her cutie mark in magic.

Spike had grown a bit but was still wearing diapers, he was already able to walk on his own and learned to speak quickly, this was not strange, since, although very little was known about dragons, it was known that the smartest ones could speak fluently from that are born, it seemed that Spike was born with that ability, although it was also because Celestia taught him many things at his young age.

"Mmm, very interesting," said Twilight Sparkle, she was reading a book and taking notes, but when she was about to write, she noticed that she had no more ink, "Oh, we're out of ink."

"I'll get more," Spike said as he headed off to get more bottles of ink.

After touring the library, he found an ink bottle on top of a book shelf, so he decided to climb up to get it.

"It was so easy," Spike said but then slipped off the shelf, "AHHHHH."

Twilight heard the cry of her assistant number 1 in the distance, she became worried when she heard the sound of something hitting the ground, she cried out in concern, "SPIKE."

She ran towards the source of the noise and saw a pile of books on the floor, she with her magic removed them and saw that Spike was unconscious under that pile of books.

“Spike, I'm so sorry, you're just a baby, this is all my fault,” Twilight cried as she hugged Spike, but at that moment he woke up, “Huh? What happened here?"

“SPIKE,” Twilight yelled still with tears in her eyes as she saw that Spike was fine.

"I have the ink bottle Twi," Spike said, handing the bottle to Twilight.

"Spike, even with that fall, you protected the bottle, why?" Twilight asked.

"Well, I'm your assistant Twilight, it's my job," Spike replied cheerfully.

“Still, you hurt yourself for me,” Twilight said.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Spike said confused.

"Huh?" Twilight thought as she checked on Spike, and he didn't have any injuries or even a small bruise, "But how?"

"I will answer you my faithful student," said a voice that approached.

Twilight and Spike turned and saw Princess Celestia.

“Princess Celestia,” they both said at the same time, both kneeling before her.

Celestia giggled, "You don't need to do that here."

"Sorry," Twilight said sheepishly.

"So again, did you fall Spike?" I asked the dragon sweetly, which nodded.

"Princess, I heard Spike fell off that shelf, but for some reason he's not hurt, did you put any protection or healing spells on him?" Twilight Sparkle asked.

Celestia smiled, "No my little pony, being a dragon, Spike has scales that protect him from many things, think like he has an armor, so he can hardly get hurt."

"Wow, I had only read that information in stories, I didn't think it was real."

"It's real, there are times when fairy tales have some basis in reality," said the princess patting Spike "Well, it's time to start the lesson, are you ready Twilight?"

“Sure,” the filly replied happily as she picked up her notebook.

An hour passed and finally Celestia had finished today's lesson.

"That's all for today Twilight."

Twilight nodded closing her book.

Spike, who was by Twilight's side doing his best to stay awake, Celestia noted.

"Well, I think it's time to go to bed, I wish you a good night, Twilight," Celestia said as she hold Spike with her magic.

"Good night, Princess Celestia," Twilight Sparkle replied as she headed to her room, the princess leaving the library in turn.


Several minutes later.

Celestia was reading a story to Spike who was lying in his crib, the story was called Burnferno Warrior from Whitin.

"And then, Burnferno the dragon jumped past the evil monster, then used his special power to defeat it," Celestia recounted as Spike listened.

“Peace came back to the kingdom and all the ponies there thanked Burnferno for saving them, he became the hero of the kingdom and swore to protect everyone, from that day on, Burnferno and the ponies lived happily ever after .”

"Wow, that was an amazing story, Princess Celestia, do you think that one day I can be like Burnferno?" Spike asked.

The princess just smiled, "Of course Spike, I'm sure when you grow up you'll be an even bigger hero than Burnferno."

Seconds later, the little dragon had fallen asleep, after seeing him, Celestia gave him a kiss on the cheek while caressing him.


Several months later.

It was the beginning of summer vacation for students at Princess Celestia's school for gifted unicorns.

Princess Celestia was galloping through the halls next to Twilight Velvet, Twilight Sparkle's mother, the two of them were chatting.

"Of course we'd love to have it princess, Twilight will be very happy," Twilight Velvet said cheerfully but then her smile faded, "But what about you?"

The princess replied gently, “I am aware of that, he is too special for me, I am his mother, but he has been confined to these walls since the day he was born, I just want him to have the opportunity to be a child. normal, to know the world outside these walls.”

Velvet listened carefully to the princess, she felt sorry for the two of them.

“And when I saw him with your daughter, I could see the happiness in his eyes,” said the princess.

Velvet smiled, "Yes, Twilight is very close to him, he is her first friend, her bond is as strong as the one she has with her brother or her foalsitter, whenever I see them together they are so adorable, they are practically siblings."

“And that is why he needs a normal family, which is why I kindly ask you and your husband to be his parents as well,” Celestia requested.

“You can be sure we will, we'll see to it that we give the little guy our love,” Velvet answered.


In Twilight's room.

Twilight was packing her things, she was going to spend the summer with her family, Spike was with her helping her.

"I'm going to miss you, Twilight," the sad little dragon told her.

“I'll miss you too Spike,” the filly replied as she hugged him, she was also shedding tears.

"Actually," Princess Celestia entered the room and began to explain.

A few minutes later, Spike and Twilight's looks changed from sadness to happiness.

"This is great Spike, you're spending the summer with my family," Twilight said.

"Yeah, it's going to be fun," Spike replied.

"Of course it will be fun, we can talk, play games, read books, read a lot of books," Twilight said as Spike and Celestia looked at her trying not to laugh, "Well, maybe not a lot of books."

It was a happy moment, but Spike's happiness faded when he found out something he didn't like.

"But, that means I will no longer be with you, Princess Celestia."

The princess approached Spike, "Don't worry about me Spike, I'm going to be fine, think of this as an opportunity, not only for you, but also an opportunity for Twilight Sparkle."

"But I'm scared, I like being with Twilight, but you've always been with me, what happens when I need you and you're not there?" asked the little dragon.

Celestia thought to answer him and suddenly an idea occurred to her, she used her horn to perform a magic spell, her horn glowed and out of nowhere a green flame manifested in the air, immediately afterwards, the flame was absorbed by Spike.

"What happened?" Spike asked confused because he didn't understand what happened.

"Now, I'll always be there when you want to talk to me, it's a spell which allows you to use your fire to teleport cards to me, use it whenever you want," Celestia replied.

"Wow, that's great Spike, you now have a direct line of contact with the princess," Twilight Sparkle said cheerfully.

"Thank you so much princess," Spike said as he hugged Celestia, "I'm ready."

The 3 left the room.


Outside the school, Twilight Velvet was waiting for them.

"Mom," little Twilight yelled as she ran to her mother, then hugged her.

"Twilight," her mother said, hugging her as well, then turned her gaze to Spike, "Hey Spike, I'm glad you're here, it's going to be a pleasure having you with us, I've always wanted a third child."

Spike looked at the princess, she smiled nodding, then he smiled.

"You should get on the carriage, I need to talk to the princess for a moment," Velvet told them.

The two nodded and got into the carriage.

"Thank you for everything, Princess Celestia," Velvet said, "Is there anything else I should know about Spike?"

“Well, he likes to eat gems and he has a very special fire,” Celestia said as she used her magic to summon lots of diapers, “And of course, you are gonna need this.”

Velvet nodded as she used her magic to place the diapers on the carriage.

"I promise you we'll take good care of him and treat him like a third son," Velvet said, "But we're not going to make him forget his first mother."

The princess blushed a little and smiled.

Minutes later, the carriage moved forward and through the window, Spike and Twilight said goodbye to Princess Celestia.

“Very good luck,” the princess said, then looked up at the sky.


Years passed and Spike was already a member of the Sparkle family, he was happy living with them, and as the years passed, Night Light and Twilight Velvet could not be more proud of their children.

A son managed to rise to captain and become the prince of an ancient kingdom.

Their daughter managed to be the princess of friendship and saved Equestria many times.

While their last son was recognized as a hero among the crystal ponies by defeating an evil king.

However, the adventure of their last son was yet to be told.

Author's Note:

Ok, this will be the last chapter of Flashbacks, and the story will start in the next chapter, but I felt I should at least explore Spike's relationship with Celestia and Twilight's parents.

I always like to think that Celestia is Spike's mom, but I also like to think that Velvet is, so why not have both as mothers to Spike?