• Published 17th Feb 2022
  • 1,470 Views, 47 Comments

The Element of Greed - MechaTomX



Spike will embark on an incredible adventure where he will meet new friends and do great deeds worthy of the hero of the Crystal Empire, so he will find his true purpose in life.

  • ...
8
 47
 1,470

Button Mash VS Earth Spyral

In the town of Ponyville, which had been evacuated due to Spyral's attack, was Button Mash who was fleeing for his life, a few meters behind him was Spyral's clone who lacked wings and a horn.

“Come back here,” the clone yelled as he gave chase.

“Help,” Button Mash yelled scared without stopping, he knew that Spyral's clone would show no mercy even if he was just a foal.

“No one will hear you scream, since there is no one here,” the clone yelled at him, “So I recommend you stop, so your demise will be painless.”

“Noooo,” Button Mash yelled, and at that moment he turned a corner, causing the Spyral clone to lose sight of him.

"What the..?" Spyral asked as he realized that Button was no longer there, this made him angry, "COME OUT WHEREVER YOU'RE HIDING, YOU BRAT."

Button Mash had taken refuge in an empty house, he did not even dare to look out the window, because he could hear the Changeling's footsteps, sometimes they came closer and sometimes they moved away, Button Mash covered his mouth with his hoof, to prevent his breathing would reveal his location.

"What a fool I was, why did I agree to this?" Button Mash wondered, "Maybe it was social pressure, not wanting to look like a coward in front of my friends."

“Friends,” Button Mash thought, “They may have problems, but I'm sure they'll be fine, Rumble is athletic and a prodigy at flight and Spike is a dragon, just by being one he could defend himself.”

"And then there's me, a simple earth pony," Button Mash thought sadly, "I can't fly, I don't have magic and the only virtue I have is that I'm supposed to be strong, but even I don't believe that."

The footsteps of Spyral's clone were heard closer, "Where are you, get out of there little foal."

"I'll just hide here, wait for this to be over, and tell them I did my best," Button Mash thought, but then remembered his new friends.


Flashback.

"Its about," Rumble said and then yelled, "ITS ABOUT THIS, YOU BIG FOOL."

POW.

Rumble flew straight at Spyral but then pushed the clone that had wings up.

“Ahhh,” the winged clone yelled as he was propelled upwards.

"Rumble, you knew how to act fast and even though he was bigger than you, you forced him to fight on your ground, which is ironic because yours is not ground, it's your clouds."


Another Flashback.

“GYAHHHHH.”

Spyral turned to see the clone engulfed in green flames which were the product of Spike's magical breath.

"Hey fool, if that bothers you then catch me," Spike said as he fled into the Everfree Forest, causing the horned clone to go after him.

"And Spike, you were too brave to face a magic user, even with your nightmares, you managed to master your fear and fight to protect those you care about, you really deserve to be called "The Brave and Glorious" by the ponies."


End of Flashback.

“They are the real heroes here,” Button Mash said as tears welled up in his eyes.

But at that moment, from his cap, a cartridge fell, Button noticed and picked it up, on the cartridge he had drawn an image of an earth pony which was dressed as a plumber, “Oh, I think I saved some video games in my Cap."

Button saw the cartridges that he had saved, there were 3, in another there was a drawing of a unicorn dressed in green clothes which used a sword and a shield, and the last one had a drawing of a pegasi in armor with a kind of cannon in his hoof.

"All of them, they have been heroes, they always face a threat greater than themselves, to save those they care about, a princess, a kingdom and even a galaxy," Button Mash said, listening to the Spyral clone walk away, "And me, if I run away now, it means I haven't learned anything they taught me, maybe they were just sprites on a screen, but the time I spent on playing with them and learning was real."

“I will fight, I will fight,” Button Mash said with determination, and then he came out of hiding, looked at the house he was in and began to formulate a plan.


"I'm getting tired of looking for him," the Spyral clone thought, but then he heard Button's voice calling his name.

"Hey idiot, I'm here."

The clone turned around and saw Button Mash inside one of the empty houses.

“How silly,” the clone said as he lunged straight at Button Mash.

BAMM.

“Aghhh,” the clone groaned as he was hit by a rock, when he recovered he saw that Button had a slingshot with him.

“Take this,” Button started shooting small rocks at him that he found lying around.

“Gyahh,” the clone started to dodge the rocks the colt threw at him.

"I accept that I'm not that strong," Button said, "But my video game heroes have taught me that I don't need to be stronger, just smarter."

“Well, it doesn't sound like you'd be any smarter if you just used rocks to attack me,” the clone said.

BAMM.

Button threw another rock as the clone spoke.

“AHHHHHH,” the clone yelled.

"Did you say something?" Button Mash asked him comically.

"I'M SICK OF YOU BRAT," the clone entered the house.

“AHHH,” Button yelled as he ran off at the same time trying to shoot him with his slingshot.

“HAAAA,” Button yelled as he threw a rock at him, which missed.

“You won't be able to run away,” the clone told him as he chased him through the house.

Button Mash kept throwing rocks at him with his slingshot which missed.

"Damn," Button said as he was backed into a corner, unfortunately for him, Spyral's clone had entered the room.

"You can no longer hide," the clone approached slowly, "Before you are eliminated, say your last words."

"My last words are…" Button Mash said fearfully, but then smiled, "GAME OVER, BUT NOT FOR ME."

At that moment Button used his slingshot to launch the last rock, but like the other times, he missed again.

“Ha, you failed.”

“I didn't mean to shoot you,” Button Mash replied, “This house was about to be demolished, all I did was attack its weak spots.”

Spyral's clone remembered all the throws he made, he suddenly realized something, "Oh no, you weren't going to beat me with those rocks."

At that moment the ceiling began to crack.

“I have to get out of here,” Button said as he jumped out the window, managing to escape in time.

And luckily, the clone didn't make it out in time.

“NOOOOOO,” the clone yelled as he was crushed by debris.

"I can't believe it, I beat him," Button Mash said in surprise as he watched the house collapse and crush the Changeling, "I have to tell my mom this, she won't believe it."

Button Mash had managed to beat the level and defeated the boss, it was obvious since he was the Game Master.

Author's Note:

Already the 3 battles have been written, now we go for the final showdown.