• Published 17th Feb 2022
  • 1,470 Views, 47 Comments

The Element of Greed - MechaTomX



Spike will embark on an incredible adventure where he will meet new friends and do great deeds worthy of the hero of the Crystal Empire, so he will find his true purpose in life.

  • ...
8
 47
 1,470

The Backup Plan

Sounds of clashing swords were heard.

CLANKK.

Princess Luna was fighting the original Spyral, she was using the sword she had conjured earlier and using the magic on her horn to hold it.

But Spyral was not far behind and he also conjured a sword, it was short and greenish black.

CLANKK.

And although Spyral had been preparing for a moment like this for years, Princess Luna surpassed him by far.

CLANKK.

"You're pathetic, compared to King Sombra, you're just cannon fodder," the former Princess of the Night told him as she threw her last sword slash, "Now, wallow in your own dirt."

CLANKKK.

Luna gave her strongest sword swing causing Spyral's sword to break, "Gahhhh."

The Changeling groaned in pain.

“Very well done Lulu,” Princess Celestia encouraged her, who was still trapped in the bubble along with the Mane 6 and the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

"Wow, I knew Luna was very good at the art of combat, but this is beyond my expectations," Twilight Sparkle said in amazement.

Celestia smiled, "Yes, Luna trained with the royal guard in her youth."

The Mane 6 were surprised to learn more about the former princess of the night.

Luna smiled at them, “Maybe I can teach you a thing or two in the future, especially to the little ones,” she said last, pointing to the Crusaders who smiled, “But for now…”

Luna approached Spyral who was lying on the ground with his broken sword, "Surrender, you have been outmatched, I order you to cease your attack on Ponyville and your sentence will be shortened."

But the Changeling sneered at her, "My mother never gave up, she wouldn't have bowed down to you."

“And look where your mother is now,” Luna told him.

“Hehehe,” Spyral started to laugh.

"What is so funny?" Luna asked.

“You should have thought I would be so easy to deal with,” Spyral said as he began to glow, suddenly, all his wounds healed, “I am the true son of Queen Chrysalis and I am not going to let all of you breathe anymore.”

"It's not possible, what's going on?" Luna asked.

“A simple emergency spell to set up, do you like it, improves all my abilities in a critical situation, of course when this fight is over it will hurt, but as the evil Grogar said, “It's totally worth it.””

Luna smiled, "I'm sorry to say that you won't defeat me just because you regenerated your wounds."

"I'm aware of that," Spyral replied, "But this Power Up doesn't just apply to me, my clones are receiving it right now."

That made Luna worry, "No."

"Yeah, I think you will need 3 foal-sized coffins," Spyral scoffed.

“Miserable,” Twilight said angrily, trying to break the bubble, but couldn't.

“Damn,” Luna said as all she could do was worry about Spike, Rumble, and Button Mash.


In the river.

“Whew, that was horrible, that thing almost drowned me,” he said, shaking his claws, “At least I'm done.”

At that moment, Spike approached the body of the clone, which had been charred by his flames, a feeling of guilt invaded Spike, he had clearly used his fire as a weapon on 2 occasions, in the battle against Cozy Glow in Canterlot and the battle against the Storm King's army, that last time, his fire hit one of his soldiers, burning him instantly, but this was the first time Spike had seen the result of how dangerous his fire could be.

"You were evil, but I can't leave you here, it wouldn't be the right thing to do," Spike said looking at the lifeless body of the clone, "I think the only thing I can do for you is bury you."

Spike was going to leave the place, but he heard a voice that made his blood run cold, which said a lot, since dragons are cold-blooded beings.

"And if I bury you first."

Spike turned around and saw the clone get up, his wounds had magically healed and now in his eyes, which had changed color to blood red, he could only see hate.

"What? It's not possible,” the frightened dragon said.

"I didn't like that flame discharge you gave me, you filthy lizard," said the clone which charged directly at Spike, who could only say one thing, "Oh no."

As the clone got closer, Spike thought about running away as Luna had told him, but he remembered his new friends, Rumble and Button, running away would mean abandoning them to their fate, he shook his head, "I won't run away, I'll fight for my friends, because I know that, friendship isn't always easy, but there's no doubt it's worth fighting for, and I will fight."


"I don't know why, but I feel proud of Spike right now," Twi said.


In the clouds above the Everfree Forest.

There was Rumble flying back to Ponyville.
That experience for him was more than interesting, an extreme situation from which he had to get out using his stunts.

Rumble smiled, "I definitely have a guaranteed spot on the Wonderbolts already."

But as he flew, he remembered the outcome of their fight, the fact that he had defeated a villain seemed fascinating to him, but it was not the fact that he had to take a life for the good of Equestria.

"Grrr, he brought it on himself, besides, it's a hero's job to take down a villain," Rumble thought, "He definitely had it coming, serves him right."

"And I say you did a good job," Rumble turned and saw Spitfire, the captain of the Wonderbolts.

"You are, Spitfire," Rumble said in surprise, "Oh My Gosh, Oh My Gosh."


"I don't know why, but I plan to kick Rumble's ass tomorrow," Rainbow Dash thought.


"I must say that you impress me, even with your age, you managed to defeat him using your flying skills, would you like to be a Wonderbolt?" Spitfire asked, offering him her hoof.

Rumble couldn't believe it, his dream was going to come true in a few seconds, he was going to accept the gesture, but the moment he extended his hoof, he saw something strange in Spitfire's eyes, they were shining, "Wait a minute, why are you alone, where are the other Wonderbolts and why are you here specifically if the chaos is in Ponyville.”

Spitfire frowned and suddenly, her voice changed, "Grrr, I thought you'd be more stupid."

At that moment, Spitfire began to glow, Rumble realized that it was a disguise, "Spyral."

Spyral's flying clone manifested only that his wounds had healed and his eyes turned a dark blue.

"But how, I saw how you crashed," Rumble told him, backing away.

"And it hurt me, that's why I'll make you feel pain myself."


Meanwhile in Ponyville.

Button Mash was leaning against a wall resting.

“I buried a Changeling under a huge pile of rubble, I think my mom should let me play all those violent video games,” Button Mash said.

But at that moment, a noise was heard.

CRACK.

"What in Tarnation," asked Button.


AJ trembled, “Gyahh, I feel like someone stole one of my lines.”


Button approached the source of the noise, which was the house where he buried the Spyral clone.

And in that moment.

BAMMM.

“Ahhhh,” Button Mash yelled as he saw the debris shoot up, the last thing he saw when the dust cleared was the hornless and wingless Spyral clone, which now had electric yellow eyes, “You must be joking."

The clone glared at him.

"Would you believe me if I told you it was just a joke?" asked Button Mash nervously.

“NOOOOO,” Spyral yelled as the clone galloped straight at him.

“AHHHHH, MOM, HELP ME,” Button Mash yelled as he ran from the clone.

How will our heroes get out of this situation? They will need a miracle to survive.

Author's Note:

We are about to finish, I count about 4 or 3 chapters.

And I'm sorry to extend the battles, but don't worry, these will be short, they will only last one chapter.